Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@stickstones bro, you got me all twisted now wanting a 2nd of these and haven't even received my first :). This is exactly the time of vape I've been searching for. Milaana and Mvt might say bye before I even get a really good chance to sit down with them haha

lol if it helps (probably not) I also pre ordered my third Zion at full price after beta testing... $345 total and Tubo cost me $193 total... Different vapes but both great! Like Milaana vs MistVape Touch. If anyone wants to talk about my feelings comparing the two feel free to PM me ;)

Meanwhile I am still getting the heat error sometimes in middle of a session, often even have to pop batt out and in a few times to get back to normal... Unfortunately I also chipped some of the wood with my finger nail trying to pry open battery door (I do love the batt door as someone else mentioned too btw) bc that poplar is pretty soft I guess, I should try to color it with a marker maybe. Need to be more careful opening it now... Oh also the heater screen, I've got crumbs wedged in there that I can't pry out, the RBT heater screen is a bit easier to keep clean it seems, spent more time in development so makes sense (again a huge way they're different, Tubo still early, which does say something, it'll get better as we see with PA and dual batts now?!)

Positives have been covered, though you get temp regulation it is still relative to the user-- I get nice vapor at 330F once it is heatsoaked with the right draw and pack for example, I'm sure with the session mode I will have even more success with this, and also how you can raise it above 450 without combustion. So again I still believe temp control to not matter or be possible really with pure convection? Sure it helps guide, but its still a guide just like voltage control in my experience. It is certainly nice though, different, but not necessarily better at all

I got some good results with my bent stem recently too, using these custom RBT basket screens with rims, not solid metal rims, but folded mesh, so they don't absorb as much heat and stay secure, though they are shallower so microdose bowls are easy. It's a nice counter to using the ELB in the bent stem as I had been. Still need to try getting the stock set up back, this RBT screen would make a good cap too actually... I'm getting best results without screen caps though, which is unfortunate since it's trickier to keep clean, session mode may be better for screen caps too though.

Oh and yeah the whip, totally unique fun tool, way better than other whips bc of the wrap! I mean with powerful movie desktop vapes that are all glass steel wood handmade by members here, we really can't lose apparently. It's a collection if you're needs are mostly being met, so the question is which do you want when, and how many :brow:

I still need to pick up a cooler too, you'd think accessories would keep us busy enough but apparently not

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

You know me, and what I have and what I like. This is what I reach for. It's what I take for traveling. It's what I sit on the couch with. It's what I share with friends. I took it to Champs. It's what I'll bring if I'm ever lucky enough to get to your place again. It's on the level with the Zion, but has more controls to it.

I've already ordered another one...the two battery model he's working on. I told him I want everything he makes...units, accessories, whatever. All I ever use is the whip and it's like having a Da Buddha in my fanny pack. I can't say it will overtake you like it did me, but the pieces are in place for it to happen.

There you have it. A Few weeks ago I was in touch with @stickstones. I explained that I have limited funds want a Zion and a Tubo-Evic.

The man told me to just go with the Tubo. No burned or scorched loads as I was having with my Milaana. As soon as the package gets here I will be able to comment directly.

@funkyjunky can you tell us more about the 2 battery version???

What is the cooler that is being mentioned?

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
What are you doing still typing and posting when that happened? Have to finish your thoughts?

What do you guys do? GO GO GO! To the hospital... by now im sure you are, and hopefully the best parts are done by now?

Boy? Girl? You're gonna have to wait longer for the tubo, but hopefully your newborn can satisfy your 'cas' till then? (Child acquisition syndrome? :D)

Congrats, more on the tubos and zow jr.'s tomorrow :nod:

Zow237

Hahahah I'm at the hospital right now and she's early so they are waiting as long as they can before he comes, so I'm going home to get shit situated so I can bring him home. Long day or two ahead of me and wife. This post has me laughing haha. @Vape Donkey 650. Going home to chill with milaana hahah. CAS haha

Last edited:

Zow237

Congrats Zow! Kiss life as you know it goodbye!
You sir are most certainly correct! That's why I was trying to pack these vapes in! But fuck, he's coming a month early haha. Fortunately I'm sure this little dude will give me the best times of my life :) fair trade off. He's why I went back to vaping. Didn't not want anymore smoke around me and def not around my son :)

Thanks @stickstones

Last edited:

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
yes, congrats @Zow237 :)

regarding variable voltage vs. temp control:
for variable voltage the energy supplied to the heater/coil/donut is always the same. it will heat up until it is in equilibrium with surrounding physics, at high watt/volt settings likely way beyond combustion temps. in this case equilibrium is dependent on the heat transfer to the surroundings. convective transport of heat with air, conduction to the walls/wires/tubes and radiation (everything above 0Kelvin radiates). this means the heater is heating up to an equilibrium when not drawing but cools down (to a new equilibrium) when drawing, see constant voltage for logs. this is highly draw speed dependent as more air is cooling down more and the element will take a while to get back on temp as before the draw.
edit: i think one more important thing to notice is that with the short times of a puff/inhalation, the equilibria i speak of here are likely not reached.

temperature control works differently: by measuring the resistance of the coil, the evic knows how hot the coil is. it does heat to a certain resistance and tries to keep it there. when physics start to rob this heat it does regulate so the coil is kept at the temperature. this takes not so much energy when not drawing (mostly conduction and radiation transfers) but will be high when convection is introduced due to a draw. independent of draw speed it will keep the coil at a desired resistance meaning powering (max 70watts in this case) and not powering it exactly such that it is.

the difference is essentially that temperature control is a closed loop control opposed to an open loop for voltage/wattage control.
openvsclosedloop.jpg

the tubo can operate in voltage/wattage mode, its called power mode. go to 'menu>vaping>modes', activate Power mode. exit. triple click fire until TCR flashes, change mode with '+' until it says Power, select with fire. there is no protection for combustion. do the same to get back to TCR mode.
edit: 30 to 45w are recommended for on demand power mode, be careful with cruise in wattage mode, this is not recommended!

regarding the two battery model:
it will be based on the evic vtc dual mod, named tubo vtc dual. it has a two and a one battery compartment that are swappable. 130watts peak power (halfs the already short heatup time), design will be very similar to the tubo evic a bit taller in one bat config and fatter with two. not sure if the power adapter will be compatible, but two cells do last quite long.

Last edited:

duff

Well worn
FWIW I'm getting five or six basket screen loads per battery and haven't had any error messages. Herb is always evenly cooked with not a single stir.

Trying to focus all my energy on mastering the Tubo before returning to get to know the Mi better.

RelaxedNow

I believe I'll want the Tubo Vtc Dual. I mean, really, who doesn't want all the benefits of the Tubo Evic plus even faster heat and longer battery life? I sure hope Tubo Evic customers get first shot at buying this. :D

I've tried the Tubo Evic in Power mode. Like @funkyjunky says, Cruise+Power isn't a good way to go, as you'll find that you will just have to stop Cruise mode and reduce wattage, or it'll get too hot (I had to try it, right?). I've played with starting at up to 45 watts, then reducing the wattage in varying steps on subsequent draws, and it works pretty well. I didn't have any combustion, or even come close, though I can imagine Cruising at 45 watts would satisfy a smoker.

I do prefer TCR+Cruise mode, as I can just turn it on and use it without any thought, aside from possibly increasing the temperature if I desire more cloudiness or different effects. TCR+Cruise is also still the best way to go for sharing, IMO.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
yes, congrats @Zow237 :)

regarding variable voltage vs. temp control:
for variable voltage the energy supplied to the heater/coil/donut is always the same. it will heat up until it is in equilibrium with surrounding physics, at high watt/volt settings likely way beyond combustion temps. in this case equilibrium is dependent on the heat transfer to the surroundings. convective transport of heat with air, conduction to the walls/wires/tubes and radiation (everything above 0Kelvin radiates). this means the heater is heating up to an equilibrium when not drawing but cools down (to a new equilibrium) when drawing, see constant voltage for logs. this is highly draw speed dependent as more air is cooling down more and the element will take a while to get back on temp as before the draw.
edit: i think one more important thing to notice is that with the short times of a puff/inhalation, the equilibria i speak of here are likely not reached.

temperature control works differently: by measuring the resistance of the coil, the evic knows how hot the coil is. it does heat to a certain resistance and tries to keep it there. when physics start to rob this heat it does regulate so the coil is kept at the temperature. this takes not so much energy when not drawing (mostly conduction and radiation transfers) but will be high when convection is introduced due to a draw. independent of draw speed it will keep the coil at a desired resistance meaning powering (max 70watts in this case) and not powering it exactly such that it is.

the difference is essentially that temperature control is a closed loop control opposed to an open loop for voltage/wattage control.
openvsclosedloop.jpg

the tubo can operate in voltage/wattage mode, its called power mode. go to 'menu>vaping>modes', activate Power mode. exit. triple click fire until TCR flashes, change mode with '+' until it says Power, select with fire. there is no protection for combustion. do the same to get back to TCR mode.
edit: 30 to 45w are recommended for on demand power mode, be careful with cruise in wattage mode, this is not recommended!

regarding the two battery model:
it will be based on the evic vtc dual mod, named tubo vtc dual. it has a two and a one battery compartment that are swappable. 130watts peak power (halfs the already short heatup time), design will be very similar to the tubo evic a bit taller in one bat config and fatter with two. not sure if the power adapter will be compatible, but two cells do last quite long.

Nice write up with detailed explanation! Yes I forgot about closed loop vs open loop, a key factor. I guess this is why despite the manual elements, Tubo really is more automatic on demand pure convection. Like Grasshopper and Zion combined for something entirely unique with more wattage on tap too :brow:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
FWIW I'm getting five or six basket screen loads per battery and haven't had any error messages. Herb is always evenly cooked with not a single stir.

Trying to focus all my energy on mastering the Tubo before returning to get to know the Mi better.
With my VTC i get 8 baskets, and recently my 30q started working as it should,i get 5-6 basket from it which is on par with my Efest which was considered far better performing in the begging .
I havent updated yet to cruise mode but i might soon,cause when i preheat before drawing ,very often i get the undershooting error especially if i hold it for a half or even a full cycle without drawing .
Congrats Zow237 ! You should name him Tubo :D.

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I'm not even shopping for a new vaporizer, but I can't keep my eyes off this thread. It's an odd looking asymmetrical little thing, but so clever and well performing. I haven't used a whip in years, but I really like those hand wound whips! Really freaking cool vape here.

The rainbow mockup really does look awesome...which got me thinking why no one has decorated their tubo shell themself and shared it with us!

Top Bottom