Vapenvy

Indie vaper
All these photos and usage reports are getting me very excited. ..especially since i now also have one on the way.

@duff 4 days! That's phenomenal.

It's been about a week for mine, so not expecting it for at least another week, but hearing 4 days has ramped up my anticipation for an imminent arrival even though that is unlikely so soon given usual shipping times.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I think my favorite part is, no stirring necessary.

I'm actually probably just going to get a massive like 30k mAH battery pack and start bringing this as my out of the house vape. Toss it in a backpack and good to go.

Still haven't gotten over my honeymoon and it's been over a month now I think :luv:

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
love the pics!

those matching stems are really good looking!

@duff thank you! yes thats the fastest shipment ever. untracked priority, maybe thats why it could slip through everywhere :) have fun testing!

i have news:

assembly of the next bigger batch has started and there are some seats left. i am trying to build some stock to launch the shop with actually something to buy :p

aaand
we can enter the testing phase of the new firmware. i have a beta one that has the timer opened up to 240 seconds!
not only this, with a double click the cruise control aka session mode is engaged for as long as the timer is set. meaning up to 4 minutes sessions.
the heater does get hotter than in on demand mode, since its kept at temps always. this comes at the cost of a little battery life but comes with other rewards, a hot tubo is a good tubo. i have tested it to the extreme :science::haw: and its no problem for the heater or battery or chip, all protection mechanisms are still working.
there are still some things to do, but the functionality is here.

for now i welcome anyone that wants to try the new firmware and optimally already knows how to upgrade the evic (rather easy) to contact me through PM.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I finally tried it with a long RBT stem/screen properly last night with a full basket of fine ground lemon haze that I milked at 350 then temp stepped a bit by tens up to 380 spending more time on the low end. Still kinda had to rip it more than sip it, and still think I've gotten better flavor elsewhere somehow (though this strain does taste great), but overall a very nice way to vape! Temp control is quite nice to stay low like that and be very consistent despite draw, also YES no stirring is so awesome (though I did stir a few times to help taste, not very necessary). Did another smaller bowl of berry white at 380 milked then stepped the same way til 420 maybe? Don't remember, it also worked well clearly lol. Tonight been doing the same though results not quite as good for some reason? I don't know, it can be a very enjoyable and effective experience regardless. It did take me maybe the longest to receive my Tubo, but I don't even remember that dark period thanks to using it quite a bit now :ko:

@Vapenvy I am looking forward to trying that upgrade for sure, I'll let others do the testing and such, don't know about how to do it myself. I have been getting that heat up error a lot lately too, gotta pop the battery out and in regularly it seems now... Still not a big deal though and otherwise plenty functional. I still need to take a photo of the cracked mp @funkyjunky but no rush bc I'm doing fine and you're gonna get the store up soon! Might almost be time to bump up to the main section huh? ;):p

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

I think my favorite part is, no stirring necessary.

I'm actually probably just going to get a massive like 30k mAH battery pack and start bringing this as my out of the house vape. Toss it in a backpack and good to go.

Still haven't gotten over my honeymoon and it's been over a month now I think :luv:

FWIW, I think that carrying around a Battery pack is not necessary. Just buy enough batteries to cover you when out of the house.

I have a battery pack, but it is heavier than 10-15 18650 batteries.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Installing new firmware was a breeze. Had to flip my display and revert back to F (>_>) but all good. Trying out cruise now but it did slightly change my default resistance so kinda going in blind.

edit: MY GOD the coils were glowing red (admittedly I never looked before) but MAN it was giving THICK vapor... that was insane. definitely tuning it back down. It jumped from .188 to .199 lol

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
yeah I had it set for freakin 420 man. I'm really surprised it didn't combust. I will say the coils are AMAZING at even heating lol, you could see a slight char directly where the 3 coils were but the rest of it was even... hence no stirring really necessary...

It was seriously like I took a tiny puff and was exhaling massive clouds. Didn't taste good but wasn't combustion.

I tuned it back to default settings... How it even got changed, I dunno, but it was an easy fix. And I did notice it. I just wasn't sure how to proceed. It's now working as it should and I really like it. I am hoping this will maybe increase my battery life or something. I always puff away too long on one bowl, especially if I'm actually using it as a portable (this is true of me and ANY of my devices) so that's probably why my bowls:battery suck.

I also think the constant heating/reheating I do is pretty strenuous on it and I think the consistency from cruise mode will help.

Who knows because I'm already baked as all hell but I'll continue to report back.

For now I'm quite satisfied. An already awesome device just got an amazing update. Thanks @funkyjunky

edit:
Set cruise for 4 clicks, and 100s timeout. I love this thing

Last edited:

Prolusio

I also think the constant heating/reheating I do is pretty strenuous on it and I think the consistency from cruise mode will help.

I'm thinking the same! My typical usage is probably pretty taxing on the battery.. I'd do a session worth of hits then go back to gaming for ~15-30min, then back for another session worth of hits.. Which let the Tubo cool down only to get heated back up over and over.

So far with Cruise mode I'm not really noticing I need to charge any more than I was before. Which is excellent! I was really worried I'd get 1-2 sessions then a dead Tubo but I'm getting at least 3-4. I'll try to keep a better record and see how many Cruises it takes to finish a single battery.

Updating was a breeze; if anyone is intimidated don't be it was a very quick process. My Tubo kept it's normal resistance values after the update but I'd definitely double check after hearing @muunch's experience. I'm sure Tubo would work fine but it's nice to keep things consistent!

Couple things I've noted during my first tests:

When you select which "Clicks" will activate Cruise, the settings for 3-Clicks will default back to "Edit" when you remove the battery; so I'd suggest choosing 2 or 4 if you don't want to have to change it every time you charge.

You cannot adjust temperature while in Cruise mode. But this seems to be because the Fire button is disabled(?) in Cruise. So to turn Tubo off before the 240s timer the temperature buttons do that. It's pretty easy to adjust the temp (ending cruise) then click back to cruise though, so not a big deal! It's actually nice the Fire button doesn't do anything because I find myself pressing it sometimes out of habit; would be annoying if that turned Cruise off.

Sometimes the screen will lock up if you click a bunch. I was experimenting with 2/3/4 Clicks and sometimes the display would stop responding when I was clicking rapidly (@funkyjunky says he thinks it still heats though, not sure!) Adjusting the temp fixes this without needing to remove the battery.

The Tubo doesn't currently tell you anything to indicate it's in Cruise mode or how much time is left on the session (coming in the future maybe!!). But you can tell from the W/A/Temp changing that it is heating. Also if you select a screen saver/clock the Tubo will display that a few seconds after Cruise ends, makes it a little easier to tell at a glance the session has ended.

So far I'm loving Cruise mode! I was a little concerned the Tubo might get too warm but I've done several back to back bowls now and the heat I feel is of no concern to me. Not any worse than when I was ripping heavy, especially through water. Watch that basket screen rim though! It gets suuuuper hot in cruise.. I have fairly calloused worker hands so I had no issue grabbing it hot before, but this morning I burnt myself attempting to pack a hasty bowl.

I'm getting nice dark AVB with very little effort in Cruise; can just keep puffing away at a bowl until it's well past it's prime. Not sure if this will help those who are seeking a sipping experience but for me it makes the Tubo even more effortless/brainless. This is going to be so handy for those friends you don't wanna give a tutorial too!

Cruise really increases the functionality of the Tubo for me. And it's not just that it frees up your hands! Now I can set it to a lower temp for my session then crank the temp up and manually cook the bowl to completion. It's how I've always wanted a session based vape to perform! I feel this update is a really big deal for the Tubo; it basically makes it into an On-demand/Session hybrid! Definitely try the update out!! Even if you never really use it it's great to have that functionality.

TL DR - Updating was easy. Choose Click 2 or 4. Cruise is not noticeably harder on my battery, Tubo doesn't get significantly warm, Cruise vapes good. With this update the Tubo is now an on demand/session hybrid! Try it out! Great work @funkyjunky! :nod::clap::tup:

duff

Well worn
Awesome write-up @Prolusio
I may have to do an update.
I don't have any other vape that I can update.

Thanks @funkyjunky

Edit:
In between periods of the Caps/Pens game and went onto the back porch, loaded a basket screen and had a nice 10 minute low temp (for me) session. Stayed at 375 the entire bowl.
Very tasty (I'm surprised it's not ringing your taste buds @Shit Snacks) and plenty of visible vapor. Taste is very similar to my Milaana, but I am acclimating to the whole stem set ups so what do I know. :)

Last edited:

Prolusio

@muunch I left my timer on 240s, I think that's what it defaults to with the update and it worked great for me!

@duff I'm right handed and don't mind having the heater in my hand! I also sometimes hold it in my right hand with the screen facing away from me so the Evic part is in my hand, works just fine for me either way!

Sometimes I lay it down on my desk, screen facing up, with the bent stem towards me and whip attached.

Or I hold it with my left hand and use the whip with my right/hold it in my mouth.

I use the bent stem with the whip because it's easy to tilt the Tubo away from me and keep the stem pulled in with the whip. I found the straight stems tended to pull out more for me.

Last edited:

Prolusio

Got a chance to do some Tubo Cruise battery testing tonight. Results are good! Got 6 sessions before a weak battery message appeared on draws; but had enough battery to finish the round.

I did my best to do hit each bowl the same for each session but due to my physical limitations my draws probably did diminish by the 3rd back to back bowl.

All sessions done @ 200 C for 240 seconds, fresh Lg HG2 battery:

(Tubo starts at room temp) After 1st session = 87% battery remaining
(Heater Temp Lingering = ~90C @ start) 2nd session, same bowl = 71%
(HTL) 3rd session, new bowl packed = 63%

These 3 were done back to back, I only let the Tubo cool down long enough to give a more reliable battery reading (and to prepare myself :ko:). Took a break then did 3 more.

(Room temp) 4th session, SB = 45%
(HTL) 5th session, NB = 33%
(HTL) 6th session, SB = 15% Weak battery warning appears.

IMO the Tubo performs pretty amazingly as a session vape, that's some decent performance especially considering the power. Another major pro is it heats up in seconds each time! Really digging Cruise mode.. I think I need to do more testing:luv: :science:

Shit Snacks

I'm left handed.
Is it awkward for all of you normal folks to hold your Tubo?

It seems like you'd have the heater in your palm.

The Tubo reach around.

I hold it by the evic section in my right, no need to use thumb, I use other fingers like with other vapes. I've tried holding it a variety of ways really.

Sounds like I do need to try to update my firmware sometime soon... Any fixes for the heat up bug too? Seem to be getting that more and more lately, had a car session with RBT shorter stem and white widow fine ground, started at 330 and low temp does work some sipping possible but still not quite there. Heat issue happened midway and repeatedly... This new update does sound like it'd help sip more but also it's draw technique with the super open airflow

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
nice that the first cruisers do enjoy it :)

@Prolusio is on point with his observations. there are still things to do but it works so well imo i had to share the functionality alrady.

yeah thats kinda my fault how @muunch 's experience went along. i will not include the file that deletes all preset values anymore. normally all settings should preserv with the update, maybe double check the resistance after an upgrade.

i havent touched anything in the heat up/protection algorithm yet, this needs to be done right if even, i am sorry for all that have the heat up issue often.

@Shit Snacks id recommend higher settings, 330F is rather low imo. especially if one does slow short puffs the time and energy for the herb to heat up properly is too short/low with low temp settings.

also i have the heater in my palm most of the times :)

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@Shit Snacks id recommend higher settings, 330C is rather low imo. especially if one does slow short puffs the time and energy for the herb to heat up properly is too short/low with low temp settings.

I know you're talking about F not C - but maybe you could edit that anyway :p
Would love to try the cruise control FW :)

Thanks for your great support man! :wave:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks id recommend higher settings, 330F is rather low imo. especially if one does slow short puffs the time and energy for the herb to heat up properly is too short/low with low temp settings.

also i have the heater in my palm most of the times :)

Yeah I was trying to specifically to test, and it did work well that low even, but needed to use RBT stems/screens so load is close to the heater. These low temps don't work at all really with the ELBs though I've tried 350 there too. I also tend to do long slow draws vs short fast puffs, so that's how low temps can work better, and I can get closer to sipping, but still a hard fast draw gets things going better even this low (once it's a bit heat soaked that is, so I did preheat a bit like this, and press button twice to avoid 25sec shutoff)

I also hold it with heater in the palm, there are many many ways to hold it comfortably and I don't yet have a real preference as I keep switching it up all the time.

Top Bottom