Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
For my use, I did not like the metal rim adding a bit of extra heat and conduction. So, I use the RBT basket screen. If one were to use the top cap from an Evo bowl, this would boost your heat soak and add a bit more to your load, as it were....

Yeah definitely, the glass itself becomes scaldingly hot too, which could be related to the extra metal... I did briefly try an RBT stem but the bowl was already kicked and way way too hot and harsh. I plan to try it again though

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I find the other screens are too annoying for me. It's easier to take off the top cap thing even if it's absolutely hot as fuck. I use the pick took to pry it off. It's just quick and easy to pop it off, blow out the herb, pack a new bowl, slap it back on and be done.

I also don't pack my joint full enough for it to be in contact w the mesh or whatever

RelaxedNow

Personally, I don't find the Tubo to be hot. I'm using the whip with the short stem, mostly at 410-420, and it's fine. I do have to hold the stem in place, and it gets warm but not bad. Of course, I usually take a few hits and call it good, but occasionally longer sessions and I have no complaints.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I meant the male glass joint and the metal rim of the Evo lid thing get hot. Body still hasn't gotten hot for me and I've done 460 thru water

Edit: man I can't get thru a bowl tonight, starting and ending at 420 without the device too hot msg

Last edited:

little maggie

Yeah turned preheat wattage back down to how it came which I think was 20, and everything is working normally with 70w start. Maybe that was making things harsher for me?

Anyway I tried a bowl with the 30Q (which did not retain a charge like the HG2 did at all, draining much faster) and it was a more finely ground mix of white widow with a little bubba kush half full ELB with whip. Started at 350 and only got some flavor after trying to heatsoak even, had to bump to 370 then got going. Stepped to 390 and then 410 as well, now doing much better smoother with good vapor production. Still very dry bc I still had to do big heavy fast draws on all the temps, I don't know I just don't see how I could get it to work well with low temps and sippier draws like I prefer... It is still very unique and effective to me though, I can tell it will destroy through bubblers
Just wondering so far how it compares to the mistvape for you.
So far it sounds like you prefer the zion but that might change. I'm not able to take heavy fast draws because of my COPD and with the whip I've been able to take slower ones. My temp is set for 370.

Shit Snacks

I meant the male glass joint and the metal rim of the Evo lid thing get hot. Body still hasn't gotten hot

Yeah I know, I meant that too :)

Just wondering so far how it compares to the mistvape for you.
So far it sounds like you prefer the zion but that might change. I'm not able to take heavy fast draws because of my COPD and with the whip I've been able to take slower ones. My temp is set for 370.

Very different actually, more manual vs more automatic so I don't know, I just haven't had success with slow draws here at all, whereas that is my preferred style for Mist and RBT until the end if the hit, it's still very early so I need more time. Trying to make it all I use, but that's not always so easy for me to do these days

Edit: trying bent stem with half full ELB again, at 360F I had visible vapor on the third hit I think it was? Heady effects to match, but I did still have to draw hard for it (tried sipping slow and couldn't get it really) leading to rough dry throat though smoother than before. Gonna try bumping up, practice practice practice

9ApPVyb.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Very different actually, more manual vs more automatic so I don't know, I just haven't had success with slow draws here at all, whereas that is my preferred style for Mist and RBT until the end if the hit, it's still very early so I need more time. Trying to make it all I use, but that's not always so easy for me to do these days

Edit: trying bent stem with half full ELB again, at 360F I had visible vapor on the third hit I think it was? Heady effects to match, but I did still have to draw hard for it (tried sipping slow and couldn't get it really) leading to rough dry throat though smoother than before. Gonna try bumping up, practice practice practice

9ApPVyb.jpg

Ended up temp stepping a few hits at 370 then 380 then 400 then 410 I think? Don't remember anymore lol But I actually going that I was able to sip a little better at the higher temps? Also tried preheating more before I started drawing. The bent stem was a bit more manageable harshness this time too, so may be improving

duff

Well worn
We'll I'm glad you're having a more positive experience @Shit Snacks.

I ordered a day before you finally got yours and I was trying to resist until hearing your thoughts.

I'm still excited to try this guy. I haven't really used a Milaana or any other stem-type vapes.

I went with the short stem, the whip and the 18mm adapter.
Is there any other accessories I should have on hand?

For the DDave stuff, are folks just using the cooler? No other mods?
Maybe it would be best if you recommended the 30Q/VTC6/HG2 only as second choice, and the VTC5/25R/H2/HE4 as first choice instead? My own recommendation would be to use 30A cells to operate with ample headroom. The VTC4 being only 23A continuous and 2100mAh is a good compromise and otherwise the LG HB2/HB4/HB6 would be even better than the VTC3 with a true 30A rating.
Am I reading this correctly that the best batteries to get are the LG HB2/HB4/HB6?

Last edited:

little maggie

We'll I'm glad you're having a more positive experience @Shit Snacks.

I ordered a day before you finally got yours and I was trying to resist until hearing your thoughts.

I'm still excited to try this guy. I haven't really used a Milaana or any other stem-type vapes.

I went with the short stem, the whip and the 18mm adapter.
Is there any other accessories I should have on hand?

For the DDave stuff, are folks just using the cooler? No other mods?

Am I reading this correctly that the best batteries to get are the LG HB2/HB4/HB6?
I don't use Ddave's cooler although I have one. My favorite Ddave mod is his concentration unit. I don't use concentrates but basically I use it this way: I put the herb in the screenless adapter and then use the 14mm screenless stem to draw- with the whip. It's so simple to quickly brush the glass screenless pieces off and not have to deal with screens at all.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I use just the cooler. I dropped an extra screen (I bought the extra pack from @funkyjunky ) for the tubo stems in, and then close it up with the rimmed basket screens.

I prefer the bent stem to the cooler. I seem to get denser vapor with the bent stem, but idk. I feel like the glass on the cooler absorbs a shitton of the heat, but it certainly does cool the vapor. I really like the bent stem though. Like a lot.

Edit: also @Shit Snacks - after heat soaking, you can slow your draw to about what I'd use on Milaana and get denser vapor with less time on the button... I was enjoying huffing full speed too much (ala ecigarette) and I think those super long unnecessary draws were why I was getting "too hot" msg from the obvious strain on the chip (according to father tubo - the master has spoken folks!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:)

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yeah I've tried some heat soaking, still not having much luck on low temps or sipping, but it is definitely less harsh now (so I think changing the preheat setting was a factor, or I've really improved technique)

I can get nice hits with super even extraction, though my temps generally seem to be cooler than the display would indicate (maybe I need to do that resistance tweak or whatever it is) so not crazy dense, but still nice and consistent. Makes it more of a guessing game for now, but I like low temps so it's cool, but interestingly I don't find the taste to be anything special at all, it's better in my other wood/glass vapes even without regulation somehow...

I did try it through water last night, meant to get a photo but forget, yeah it rips big easy clouds with even extraction at 380-430 for me, did 2 or 3 bowls of berry white I think. Screen was more RBT style as I used an 18-18 adapter I use with those. As always still more to test

little maggie

9ApPVyb.jpg
Is this the large stem? Does it work with the whip? I'm finding pretty good battery life right now.

Shit Snacks

Is this the large stem? Does it work with the whip? I'm finding pretty good battery life right now.

That is the log bent stem, he also offers a long straight stem. The whip probably could connect to it, but not sure why you would? I guess if it was all you had, I've been using a right angle whip adapter with mine, haven't used the short mouthpiece yet, still need to take a photo of the crack in it... My batt life is decent too, 3 bowls?

little maggie

That is the log bent stem, he also offers a long straight stem. The whip probably could connect to it, but not sure why you would? I guess if it was all you had, I've been using a right angle whip adapter with mine, haven't used the short mouthpiece yet, still need to take a photo of the crack in it... My batt life is decent too, 3 bowls?
What is a right angle whip adapter?

Shit Snacks

What is a right angle whip adapter?

http://imgur.com/4HQ6rAU?r

It's in this photo I posted on the previous page, just what it sounds like. Got this one since someone said it would make a good Milaana stem, but I could never get a screen in there. Using an ELB with Tubo takes care of that issue

I think I had the heat up error happen one other time, but been mostly fine otherwise I think

Using an RBT long stem now, will get a photo of that and Tubo with the bubbler, it does seem to be more efficient with heat for low temp vaping than the other stems using the ELB

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My only negative is that when I get the device to ohot message I can't get it to work for a while. The temp just keeps going down.

I pull out the battery and reinsert any time I get battery weirdness like this and it solves it most of the time.

actually i made a short vid of the screen placement

Thank you! That's actually my biggest problem and why I have been using a full elb without the screen.

I was enjoying huffing full speed too much (ala ecigarette) and I think those super long unnecessary draws were why I was getting "too hot" msg from the obvious strain on the chip

I fucking tax this thing to all bloody hell. I use a whole elb in the gong, which means I need to raise the temp up to about 460 or 480. And I huff as hard as I can with whip. And I toggle the button to get 30 second hits. I get about a bowl and a half on a battery when stressing it like this.

@Shit Snacks - I only use the whip. I have all of the glass stems for it and none of them are long enough for me. I'm a little sensitive in this area. If you're still using any glass stems, don't bother...stick with the whip. I don't know what to tell you about sipping...I'm a huffer so I've never bothered sipping it. I think you ought to turn the temp up. The actual temp is always lower than the readout because I've never combusted, even on 500. And if you want to go out and about with it I can loan you one of my fanny packs!

We are all different and no vape is perfect, but this one just nails how I like to vape so well that I don't even think about the shortcomings.

Shit Snacks

I pull out the battery and reinsert any time I get battery weirdness like this and it solves it most of the time.

Thank you! That's actually my biggest problem and why I have been using a full elb without the screen.

I fucking tax this thing to all bloody hell. I use a whole elb in the gong, which means I need to raise the temp up to about 460 or 480. And I huff as hard as I can with whip. And I toggle the button to get 30 second hits. I get about a bowl and a half on a battery when stressing it like this.

@Shit Snacks - I only use the whip. I have all of the glass stems for it and none of them are long enough for me. I'm a little sensitive in this area. If you're still using any glass stems, don't bother...stick with the whip. I don't know what to tell you about sipping...I'm a huffer so I've never bothered sipping it. I think you ought to turn the temp up. The actual temp is always lower than the readout because I've never combusted, even on 500. And if you want to go out and about with it I can loan you one of my fanny packs!

We are all different and no vape is perfect, but this one just nails how I like to vape so well that I don't even think about the shortcomings.

Oh you, I have been thinking of your fanny pack lately lol I actually do have a little turquoise leather purse (vurse murse, there's a photo early in Zion) that the tubo would definitely fit into. It still does feel a bit more delicate with less secure stems it seems so it is mainly a home unit for me anyway, perfect for water/whip with est. temp regulation and big bowls/draws

Yeah I should try going above 440 too I suppose, I have had a little more luck slight sipping now that I've gotten my draw down better, but you are right it is still better as a ripper. The bent stem is also smoother for me now, I think draw technique and the preheat setting snafu was all before, good vapor and results though I stand by my flavor comment so far, but I still need to test more with the RBT screen/stems... Below is avb from a bent stem elb session have full, three big hits at 420 and two at 440 of med-fine ground bubba kush, very even nice light low temp extraction as I like:

ZLoNsfc.jpg

It is nice having the steady regulation, and it is pretty cool how it keeps up so consistently. Reminds me more like a digital Cloud Evo the way you hood on it and the glass, it is unique all itself though despite similarities with other vapes that is for sure. Nice to have a home desktop ripper like this, beastly through water and whip is so fun, direct too, more enjoyable than GH home unit for me maybe... Here it is atop my inline honeycomb bubbler, then with a long blue mountainglass stem + RBT screen:

EIsxQ4l.jpg

qpBBPey.jpg

Oh I still need to test with my hydrotubes too...

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
It's okay... I prefer pulling really hard though. It actually makes it easier on my throat etc. to take one big full speed hit than a few slower ones. Not as dense vapor due to so much air but meh

@Shit Snacks I get pretty good flavor at low temps. You will be surprised how low you can go and it is still enjoyable. I surprised myself tbh.

I have yet to try concentrates by themselves but need to get around to it. Was super nice just dropped on flower as @Prolusio said

Shit Snacks

It's okay... I prefer pulling really hard though. It actually makes it easier on my throat etc. to take one big full speed hit than a few slower ones. Not as dense vapor due to so much air but meh

@Shit Snacks I get pretty good flavor at low temps. You will be surprised how low you can go and it is still enjoyable. I surprised myself tbh.

I have yet to try concentrates by themselves but need to get around to it. Was super nice just dropped on flower as @Prolusio said

Yeah I need to test more, and with the RBT stems/screens, bc it's definitely not very pleasant on low temps for me yet. Not til 400 does it get satisfying really, I could try heating up high then lowering back down, bc even hear soaking 350-380 the taste and smoothness are not great for me... I also find the ripping to mean denser hits that can hurt the throat more with less air mixed in, maybe c it takes so much lung power for me to hit that way so I can't clear it by drawing more after letting off button the way I do with others. I'd like a short-long soft slow-fast draw, but here I'm still only really having luck with long hard fast draws at any temp really... More to test, mostly using ELBs

duff

Well worn
I think I get similar taste to my SBjr with this thing.
Agreed.

Wow.

Perhaps others have had similar experiences. :)
I put the battery in.
Attached the whip to the mp.
Packed her up with the cap on.
Pressed the button and pulled like it was a joint.
First couple of hits were delicious (definitely on par with my SBJ @muunch minus the richness the wood imparts).
All hits were ginormous. Huge clouds after the first hit.

Very impressive @funkyjunky.
I think you could sell quite a few of these.

I've had many vapes and this is the fastest, easiest and cloudiest dry herb vape I've ever used.
Hits are nearly immediate and huge.
Really incredible.

I got about four hits per lightly packed and capped bowl. Had I been in my vape cave and not at my buddies house watching the Caps/Pens game I would have had a better sense of how much I packed. But it wasn't much.

I told my buddies to press the button and they had monstrous hits. I don't see that too often. So easy.

I didn't try to sip @Shit Snacks, when it's just me tomorrow evening I may try a slower experience.

Thanks everyone. This couldn't have been a more impressive experience.

Thanks again @funkyjunky.
Did I mention that I got it in four days?

Last edited:
Top Bottom