Prolusio

Despite the relatively short time I've had with the Tubo it has quickly become my new favourite vaporizer.:luv: Other than my Vapcaps/WS+VC, I don't really find myself craving any other Vapor profiles lately.. If I do use another vape it's mostly for a few comparison/fun bowls! Is it the Tubo, or is it my herb? (It's the Tubo)

Since the Tubo arrived I've found myself reaching for it first in more and more situations. And now that I've figured it out I seem to never put it down!

New strain I want to test the flavour on? Tubo.. It's so good at extracting all the flavour goodies it can feel like I just inhaled some essential oils or something. I can feel it coating my throat, unreal.:drool:

Long day and want some big clouds that leave me tingly and happy? Tubo.

Wanna mix some concentrates in? Tubo. One of the best vapes I have for just dropping some shatter on flower! The air flow and power regulation cook the bowl so evenly I don't need to do anything special, it just works. I do lay the Tubo on it's side though, just so no concentrates could run down into the heater.

Lungs/throat getting a little sensitive? Tubo+Whip/Water.

Tired of the desk? Tubo to the couch!

I'm incredibly impressed with what @funkyjunky has created with the Evic Tubo! It's versatile, powerful, intelligent and unique; while also managing to remain affordable. :whoa::nod:

As has been mentioned it does have its caveats, battery life being chief among them IMO (which is being addressed anyway!).. But what vape doesn't have issues? I feel the Tubo's undeniable Pros far outweigh the minor situational Cons; and to me that makes a great Vape.

I sincerely hope that creating these products brings you as much satisfaction and joy as using my Tubo has brought me @funkyjunky! I look forward to supporting and following your future projects for as long as you choose to continue them! :bowdown::clap::tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for all the positive vibes guys, seems to have finally paid off and appeased the postal gods today: my Tubo is finally here!

Tiny tiny box @funkyjunky... I'll be back with more ofcourse, ofcourse I had to tell you guys right away after 30+ days waiting in limbo

Edit: omg the tubo is obv even tinier, you just never get the full expectations from photos lol

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
If you leave it plugged in via USB and don't rip multiple bowls at high temps back-to-back-to-back (like I love to do... :science:) it's actually not that bad.

The fact that you can even leave it plugged in via USB helps a lot.

Also the stir tool that comes with it is by far the best :) :2c:

Shit Snacks

Hmm can't get going. Says only 3.3w? So it never heats past the 200s F before time out... Set battery to HG2 in the menu, and in algo my boost % was at 50 and 650 for the I unlike the zero and 600 in the manual, but that didn't seem to do anything... Am I missing something? is there a way to adjust watts up to 70?

Nvmd found it in preheat section. Mine was at 20w. Now I was able to get a flavor hit at 350 and some cloudage at 380, two hits into this fresh lemon haze I just got and hadn't tried yet, using ELB and bent stem. Need to acclimate

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I never even went into the menu and set batteries or anything like that. I just dropped one in and started going. I still don't know anything besides hitting power twice turns the clock on lol.

Possibly just the battery? My 30q acts odd when heating sometimes.

Shit Snacks

Yeah thanks @muunch I think I've got it now, edited my post above. Seems to be working proper now (not seeing 70w, 20-40s rather)

A couple more hits at 380 definitely effectively head gone... I do think it's a little lower than 380 with the ELB like this, but it's actually pretty hot and harsh on my throat. Not immediate, but the after is a new kinda rough scratchiness. I think I need to get my draw down, I thought I was used to wide free flowing airpaths, but this must be next level open free flow... I prefer to sip vs rip so obviously I need more practice than this lol

A few things I'm not crazy about is fit of the glass and screens unfortunately, too soon to tell ofcourse, but I have to hold the bent stem in as I hit and it gets a little hot... Basket screen fits too loose in it so pulled out the other screen for ELB (don't know how I could get it back in ever?) and my short glass mouthpiece/whip adapter is cracked around the tip so will need to be careful as it will likely break. I do have more stems and screens to try, but I definitely want to try and keep this heater screen clear with a two screen method, though I prefer not to do that in my other glass stem vapes for the most part... The little Tubo itself is so cute and built well, tiny yet solid, love the blue color and soft wood, plus the whip is amazingly gorgeous

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Are you using the bent stem? It's a little harsh for sure but not too bad for me, and I'm usually p sensitive.

As far as the basket screens, I pinch them a little along the seam and they now fit snugly :)

Oh I only had one in there, I do have an EQ basket somewhere else though. I think it's the metal rims that make the stem wobbly though, maybe the EQ baskets are better than the ELB with it's double rim, but I don't know how I will get to try now that I pulled it out lol

Yeah just the bent stem, not sure I should even use the short stem but I have others to try too. It's way harsh to me because I am realizing with s few more hits and temp bumped up that it is absolutely a ripper so I have to draw fast and hard to get proper thick vapor and it dries out my throat something fierce. So maybe I'm more sensitive lol, I know I am a sipper though so I'll figure something out that works for me. If it ends up being a dedicated water unit I would still be happy, eventually I will test that...

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I pretty much draw at full speed or near full speed at all times and I'm all good. I do get irritation for sure. Today I can barely use it even with the whip without irritation but I've been dabbing a lot lately so that's why.

I don't use short stem without whip ever, but I would like to. Would be great for somewhat stealthiness if walking on the streets.

Try it through water. Make sure to rip full speed. lol.

I use stock screen as normal and then the little basket screen to close off the joint. See my pics earlier in thread if you dunno what I mean. I get amazingly uniform abv even with that method and I only need to stir if I want it dark dark brown instead of dark brown

little maggie

Using the whip I don't even use water so I'm finding this milder than some of my vapes. But if you use Ddave's mods the concentration set up is perfect for the tubo- with the whip. It basically creates a 2 screen system with no screens and is so simple. (And no I don't get a kickback)

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I have yet to get a concentration chamber, but when I do get one, I'll make sure @DDave knows where to send the commission :brow:

The V3 adapter works amazingly but the glass gets super hot so it's dangerous trying to do back-to-back sessions (or even stir!) using it!

Also, the rim of the rimmed screens gets hot as fuck also, even though it should go without warning. It does add an extra step to stirring but like I said there's almost no point unless you like really really dark abv. I'm good once I get all the nice flavor out and it starts getting dry and harsh.

little maggie

I have yet to get a concentration chamber, but when I do get one, I'll make sure @DDave knows where to send the commission :brow:

The V3 adapter works amazingly but the glass gets super hot so it's dangerous trying to do back-to-back sessions (or even stir!) using it!

Also, the rim of the rimmed screens gets hot as fuck also, even though it should go without warning. It does add an extra step to stirring but like I said there's almost no point unless you like really really dark abv. I'm good once I get all the nice flavor out and it starts getting dry and harsh.
Which is why I like the screenless stems- there's nothing to fit or, as seems to happen with me and screens, fall off spilling all over.

Shit Snacks

Yeah I am planning to get one of those the next time they go on sale bc I just missed one unfortunately. I had been wanting something like that for a long time though, maybe it would help me with Tubo too, glad to hear it fits bc I thought that was unlikely... I guess I need to try the whip next. Switching herbs too, I feel like mine did get spent pretty quick despite light color too, no stirring, but yeah it's hard for me to take big rips like this, feeling winded lol

Shit Snacks

4HQ6rAU.jpg

Yeah the whip is quite helpful! Still adjusting to long draws but a full ELB of berry white is going pretty well at 350 then 380 now 410...

8DQRy9m.jpg

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@Shit Snacks Hey man, great to hear you finally received yours. Have fun experimenting! :) As you're a sipper, your experience will enhance the longer the session goes... As all the glass heat soaks, it will help your sips (glass tubes and female/male etc will rob much heat initially and if you draw slowly there's only little heated air that's actually up to temp).. You could also try to preheat for one cycle at max temp. and the begin your session - or bump it a little higher.

Enjoy! :)

sickmanfraud

Now that my order paid for and almost shipped I can share what I was told by someone on FC who has years and years of vape experience.

This person has a Tubo Evic and a Zion and he finds himself reaching for the Tubo most of the time.

This "expert" (at least in my opinion) told me that the Zion is great, etc etc, but he reaches for the Tubo way more.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
I was curious about the mouthpiece of the whip. is it acrylic?
yes as someone said its borosilicate glass, outer diameter of 7mm.
i have spares if something should break, and they fit an envelope which is way cheaper to send. so do the whips, picks and screens.

Tubo.. Tubo. Tubo. Tubo+Whip/Water. Tubo to the couch!
:nod: hehe, thank you for your nice words and the review!
and yes its a lot of fun building them, especially when they are enjoyed afterwards!

Thanks for all the positive vibes guys, seems to have finally paid off and appeased the postal gods today: my Tubo is finally here!
finally! this one took a small detour somewhere apparently. not as bad as the package that went undercover for 2.5 months on the way to canada (apparently can happen according to canada post). anyway happy testing!

Hmm can't get going. Says only 3.3w? So it never heats past the 200s F before time out...
unfortunately this sounds like your unit directly went into the heating up issue on first try... not the most reassuring start...
a quick battery reinsert should get rid of this behavior.

generally the tubo is set up when it leaves the building and should work out of the box.

A few things I'm not crazy about is fit of the glass and screens unfortunately, too soon to tell ofcourse, but I have to hold the bent stem in as I hit and it gets a little hot... Basket screen fits too loose in it so pulled out the other screen for ELB (don't know how I could get it back in ever?)
if you press the stem into the unit a little it should provide a secure fit but will come lose with a wiggle to different sides. perfect ground glass connections can get stuck forever to easily thats why i think its actually an advantage here. and i try to source glass joints with a nice little rim inside the joint for the screen to sit on.

actually i made a short vid of the screen placement:

and another one of how i clean the stem/screen with HOT water from tap:

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
If you leave it plugged in via USB and don't rip multiple bowls at high temps back-to-back-to-back (like I love to do... :science:) it's actually not that bad.

The fact that you can even leave it plugged in via USB helps a lot.

Also the stir tool that comes with it is by far the best :) :2c:
I've been wondering if it was just me that loves that little stir stick he includes.

Shit Snacks

Yeah I think the looseness is bc of the ELB. We'll see if I can get the screen back in and widen the EQ basket to fit as a cap later, with the screen all deformed though I feel like there will be gaps for the herb, I dono it is a deep bowl too. Even with the whip I find that it pulls the adapter out easily, but it gets hot holding it so have to be careful with it.

Hm so I guess I should try setting that preheat watt setting back to 20 then? 30Q is charged so I can try with that next and see if it works as it should? Maybe that's why it's drying me out...

So heat soak would be interesting, I guess I am still getting used to the cut off then if so, some times holding it for a while then letting go to keep holding again for longer hits. I can see how the always on setting firmware option will come in handy when it's available, that may work better for this one I feel like.

Though it is tiny I can't see taking this out of the house really, feels delicate with it's heft, a nice little home beast. Haven't tried through water yet, not an everyday thing for me, but we'll see.

The power, regulation, and harshness with necessary fast open draw is reminding me a lot of the Grasshopper actually... There's a lot to like here, and again I still need more practice obviously, but I don't know if it's really as similar to Zion as it seems to be, at least going by my early experiences with both... Though I know you mean my buddy @mephisto lol

little maggie

What glass stem is that? I'm not sure I have one that looks like that?
And is it safe to just leave it plugged in using the usb connection?

I actually find this very similar to the zion but, now that I'm used to it, a bit easier to use. I like being able to see the battery life and temp when I use it. It's also very mild when I use the whip. I've only tried whips with my vapor brothers and didn't realize how much it helps harshness even without water.

Also I think it's designed for turn on and use even though a lot of you are able to adjust it.

4HQ6rAU.jpg

Yeah the whip is quite helpful! Still adjusting to long draws but a full ELB of berry white is going pretty well at 350 then 380 now 410...

8DQRy9m.jpg

mephisto

Don't be afraid to adjust those temp settings folks. I was only getting 2-3 hits using an inverted RBT screen and 445 temp setting. Using same short stem, same screen, lowered to 435 is the magic spot for me. Actually getting quite spoiled by dropping a small slice of extract in the bowl first and then packing it with herb. Even though the herb gets toasty, the extract keeps it from over drying and the hits keep coming. This is the only battery powered convection vape seeing any use 'round here these days.

Shit Snacks

Yeah turned preheat wattage back down to how it came which I think was 20, and everything is working normally with 70w start. Maybe that was making things harsher for me?

Anyway I tried a bowl with the 30Q (which did not retain a charge like the HG2 did at all, draining much faster) and it was a more finely ground mix of white widow with a little bubba kush half full ELB with whip. Started at 350 and only got some flavor after trying to heatsoak even, had to bump to 370 then got going. Stepped to 390 and then 410 as well, now doing much better smoother with good vapor production. Still very dry bc I still had to do big heavy fast draws on all the temps, I don't know I just don't see how I could get it to work well with low temps and sippier draws like I prefer... It is still very unique and effective to me though, I can tell it will destroy through bubblers

Top Bottom