Discontinued Triton Oil Vaporization System

Quint

cQleCxZ.jpg

I still need a bit more time before posting my thoughts, but so far it has exceeded all of my expectations. Yesterday the Sirius spent an hour in my pocket in 105+ temps and no leaks!

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
How come the Triton coils look so skimpily wrapped? I'm used to W9 coils having more Ti wraps than anybody in the industry. Was there a beneficial reason to go to less wraps?

Triton dual SiC x Ti

KNtZc13.jpg

G3 KISS Dual SiC x Ti

ECV4_DUAL_TI_BLK_510EGO_3T__82595.1447454703.1280.1280.jpg

invertedisdead,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I don’t think anyone in Europe carry’s our products as Teem Green is shutting down.
That's why I don't get any reply for my missing ordered hercule black rod.... my loss... it's a shame there is no more your products avalaible here. I thought @lacentralevapeur and @verdampnotchmal was supposed to sell your vapes too...

Is there already a mainstream "favourite" coil/atty? I got big hopes about the quartz bucket (wireless) but it does seems to work better for flavor than for clouds... I love the best flavor but would like to get some decent clouds too... what is the best atty in the package for a perfect compromise between flavor&clouds, please?

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
That's why I don't get any reply for my missing ordered hercule black rod.... my loss... it's a shame there is no more your products avalaible here. I thought @lacentralevapeur and @verdampnotchmal was supposed to sell your vapes too...

Is there already a mainstream "favourite" coil/atty? I got big hopes about the quartz bucket (wireless) but it does seems to work better for flavor than for clouds... I love the best flavor but would like to get some decent clouds too... what is the best atty in the package for a perfect compromise between flavor&clouds, please?

I’m not sure what you mean wireless. The 1701 does have wires but that’s below the bowl and can’t come in contact with the oil.

As far as best atty it’s still to new to say.

Tuck

Can someone explain to me how to use the quartz cup 1710? Do I put oil in the bottom of the cup and then put the wick in or put the oil on the wick?

Do I use wattage or tcr with the quartz cup?

Thanks!

PSA don't take the little silicon heads off the dabber.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Can someone explain to me how to use the quartz cup 1710? Do I put oil in the bottom of the cup and then put the wick in or put the oil on the wick?

Do I use wattage or tcr with the quartz cup?

Thanks!

PSA don't take the little silicon heads off the dabber.
I saw @SamuraiSam was doing it without the wick in the video and seemed pretty happy, I haven't tried that yet. I was putting the wick in and loading on top of that. I think I had to put a little extra in the first time to help soak the wick.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I saw @SamuraiSam was doing it without the wick in the video and seemed pretty happy, I haven't tried that yet. I was putting the wick in and loading on top of that. I think I had to put a little extra in the first time to help soak the wick.
Yep I have yet to get the wicks but am looking forward to trying them out along with some different techniques and power settings.

I always suggested loading the previous generation's 1701 by sandwiching oil between the donut heater and the wick, so that oils are in contact with the heater as heat is applied, rather than needing to heat the heater up far hotter than the vaporization temperature of oil, to heat up up all the air between the oil sitting on top of the wick and heat the wick itself, to transfer enough heat to get the oils to melt down and reach the heater to be vaporized.

Much simpler to just apply oil to the heater and put the wick on top. Once the wick is saturated with the initial load you don't have to mess with it thanks to conduction. I would imagine the same technique might work well with the Triton's 1701.

Tomfool86

Yep I have yet to get the wicks but am looking forward to trying them out along with some different techniques and power settings.

I always suggested loading the previous generation's 1701 by sandwiching oil between the donut heater and the wick, so that oils are in contact with the heater as heat is applied, rather than needing to heat the heater up far hotter than the vaporization temperature of oil, to heat up up all the air between the oil sitting on top of the wick and heat the wick itself, to transfer enough heat to get the oils to melt down and reach the heater to be vaporized.

Much simpler to just apply oil to the heater and put the wick on top. Once the wick is saturated with the initial load you don't have to mess with it thanks to conduction. I would imagine the same technique might work well with the Triton's 1701.

that would explain my frustration with the wicks. I was putting the oil on top of the wick. The entire atty got way too hot to put my lips to. Turned the load to reclaim instantly. I'll give this method a go soon and see how it goes.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
How is the heatsink(s) working out with the quartz? How many hits can you get before you gotta let it cool down?
I would say 5 or 6. I mean it does not seem to get extremely hot or unbearable but that's when I notice its hot enough that I start to worry about heat in the dish getting to high and burning my oil. I do have an extra heatsink from the QQ that will work with it and I will test later on, but for now I wanted to test sans modifcation.

I was also asked the following from @invertedisdead and felt it would be best to post and respond here:

Do you have to "pre-heat" the 1701 to get good vapor production like other bucket systems, or does the vapor come on quickly?

I really want to try the Triton, I guess the only reason I'm on the fence is because I only plan on really using the quartz bucket and not sure I have any use for the rest of the atomizers, I was just wondering your thoughts compared to the other quartz buckets you have.

I do wonder about using the Ti pad without chazzing the quartz bucket, seems like the Ti bucket would be good for the Ti pads andloading a globs worth of rosin for sipping on.

My responses:
You do have to preheat the Quartz 1701 just like others. I have always found a 5-8 second preheat on devices like this and the QQ or Sai TAF to be quite sufficient to get vapor starting. The Triton may have an edge of a second or two but its pretty much the same.

I have only used the Quartz bucket so far and I don't know if I will use the others. I have experimented with coiled atomizer before and did not like them much do to the lack of efficiency as well as the inability to clean between sessions on the go. So I probably bought this for just one atomizer/oil system myself. A cheaper kit with the choice of 1 or 2 atomizer at about $60-65 would be a great idea @THC SCIENTIFIC but I have no regrets.

As far as comparing it to others...I know I said I would leave that for another thread but this is where everyone is looking right now anyway so...the QQ was just a hot mess for me. The dish was too small, hot oil would splash around the mouthpiece most hits which is wasteful and counterproductive, hot air shoots out of the top air flow sometimes and feels like it is gonna burn you. Besides that you got the finicky heater set up that even tho it was improved was still shit in design and quality compared to the Triton heater design. The Triton really is something...different...thought out...better!

The Sai TAF is what I was using prior to the Triton Quartz 1701. It has a Ti bucket that is supposed to have a quartz insert but they don't actually come with or have a quartz insert for this device. I found a source 10mm quartz nail cup fits perfect. It also fits perfectly into the Triton so dish size is the same between the Triton and the Sai. The Sai definetly imparts a harshness and metal/impure flavor. Its a tank for sure but not really innovative and I am not sure of the quality of materials. I would say it performs well but I was looking for a cleaner taste personally.

The Longmada Quartz Motar has not seen much use from me. It has a larger quartz dish than the QQ, however it performed much like the QQ for me. Both get too hot and splash your oil around a lot. I felt it imparted hot stone and other impurities upon the few times I used it so I decided not to use it anymore. It also is a fragile mouthpiece like the QQ that just doesn't fit into the practical world of every day heavy abuse for a person like me. My Sai Taf had a small chip taken out of the mouthpiece after a bad drop...it still functioned perfectly fine after the fall.

I have also tried the Source Quartz nails in 10mm and 15mm. The 15mm is nice but takes so much oil to heat properly without chazzing the bottom of the dish that it makes more since for when you have time for an at home session but your not at home. I also only found that I could use the 15mm with a water tool attachment as Source did not have a standard mouthpiece that would work with the 15mm nails at the time. Not sure if that has changed yet. The 10mm nail was no good either. The dish is too small for me. Oil always crawled up,the walls and poured into the atomizer ruining taste as well as performance.

I have not used the Ti wicks yet. So far I have not even used the device a whole lot. I have run some shatter/wax and some rosin through it. The cleaner wax/shatter tasted incredibly smooth and the dish stayed clean the entire session with a ring of oil around the outer walls. The rosin actually caused the bottom of the dish to chaz up a little but I have to wonder if a slightly larger dose would have eliminated or reduced this. It was easy to swab off clean when my session was over. The chazzing did affect flavor in a major way but I think it was more material and user error.

I am still testing this thing out and trying to learn about any bugs or connection issues it may have...yesterday I kept getting the check atomizer warning on my device mid session. I took the atomizer out and realized there is much more to the bottom of it that can be adjusted/tightened/loosened than your typical run of the mill atty. While hot as fuck I was able to remove the atomizer with my bare fingers and tighten the brass fitting underneath the atomizer as well as adjust what I am guessing is the ground post connector ring? Idk, but it worked fine after the adjustment.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
v1 or did you try the upgraded parts v2?
Both. I found the v2 to be more reliable/consistent however I still had all the issues on both that I mentioned above. The cup size, mouthpiece design and dual blazing hot metal coils just don't work for me.

nosmoking,
Reactions: analytika

analytika

Both. I found the v2 to be more reliable/consistent however I still had all the issues on both that I mentioned above. The cup size, mouthpiece design and dual blazing hot metal coils just don't work for me.
regarding cup size, I gather the Triton is what you'd call higher capacity.

what volume of concentrate are you loading when you have, comparably, a better experience? Do you hit it across a single or several sessions?

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
regarding cup size, I gather the Triton is what you'd call higher capacity.

what volume of concentrate are you loading when you have, comparably, a better experience? Do you hit it across a single or several sessions?
I usually load enough for 5 or 6 hits and typically complete in 1 session. Its a large size dab. I would say it is close to .05-.1 grams usually leaning on the heavier side for a good experience.

bdmonkeyj3w

Can anyone recommend a mod that would work well with, and match the shade of metal on the Triton? I have been using the Omicron v3 up until this point, so I don’t already have a mod. And would really prefer to have the colors match if I’m going to spend the money on one anyways.

idk about matching colors, but i picked up a thinkvape finder dna 75c. if you take the stupid faux leather off it looks pretty fuckin good.

bdmonkeyj3w,
Reactions: Quint

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I would say 5 or 6. I mean it does not seem to get extremely hot or unbearable but that's when I notice its hot enough that I start to worry about heat in the dish getting to high and burning my oil. I do have an extra heatsink from the QQ that will work with it and I will test later on, but for now I wanted to test sans modifcation.

I was also asked the following from @invertedisdead and felt it would be best to post and respond here:

Do you have to "pre-heat" the 1701 to get good vapor production like other bucket systems, or does the vapor come on quickly?

I really want to try the Triton, I guess the only reason I'm on the fence is because I only plan on really using the quartz bucket and not sure I have any use for the rest of the atomizers, I was just wondering your thoughts compared to the other quartz buckets you have.

I do wonder about using the Ti pad without chazzing the quartz bucket, seems like the Ti bucket would be good for the Ti pads andloading a globs worth of rosin for sipping on.

My responses:
You do have to preheat the Quartz 1701 just like others. I have always found a 5-8 second preheat on devices like this and the QQ or Sai TAF to be quite sufficient to get vapor starting. The Triton may have an edge of a second or two but its pretty much the same.

I have only used the Quartz bucket so far and I don't know if I will use the others. I have experimented with coiled atomizer before and did not like them much do to the lack of efficiency as well as the inability to clean between sessions on the go. So I probably bought this for just one atomizer/oil system myself. A cheaper kit with the choice of 1 or 2 atomizer at about $60-65 would be a great idea @THC SCIENTIFIC but I have no regrets.

As far as comparing it to others...I know I said I would leave that for another thread but this is where everyone is looking right now anyway so...the QQ was just a hot mess for me. The dish was too small, hot oil would splash around the mouthpiece most hits which is wasteful and counterproductive, hot air shoots out of the top air flow sometimes and feels like it is gonna burn you. Besides that you got the finicky heater set up that even tho it was improved was still shit in design and quality compared to the Triton heater design. The Triton really is something...different...thought out...better!

The Sai TAF is what I was using prior to the Triton Quartz 1701. It has a Ti bucket that is supposed to have a quartz insert but they don't actually come with or have a quartz insert for this device. I found a source 10mm quartz nail cup fits perfect. It also fits perfectly into the Triton so dish size is the same between the Triton and the Sai. The Sai definetly imparts a harshness and metal/impure flavor. Its a tank for sure but not really innovative and I am not sure of the quality of materials. I would say it performs well but I was looking for a cleaner taste personally.

The Longmada Quartz Motar has not seen much use from me. It has a larger quartz dish than the QQ, however it performed much like the QQ for me. Both get too hot and splash your oil around a lot. I felt it imparted hot stone and other impurities upon the few times I used it so I decided not to use it anymore. It also is a fragile mouthpiece like the QQ that just doesn't fit into the practical world of every day heavy abuse for a person like me. My Sai Taf had a small chip taken out of the mouthpiece after a bad drop...it still functioned perfectly fine after the fall.

I have also tried the Source Quartz nails in 10mm and 15mm. The 15mm is nice but takes so much oil to heat properly without chazzing the bottom of the dish that it makes more since for when you have time for an at home session but your not at home. I also only found that I could use the 15mm with a water tool attachment as Source did not have a standard mouthpiece that would work with the 15mm nails at the time. Not sure if that has changed yet. The 10mm nail was no good either. The dish is too small for me. Oil always crawled up,the walls and poured into the atomizer ruining taste as well as performance.

I have not used the Ti wicks yet. So far I have not even used the device a whole lot. I have run some shatter/wax and some rosin through it. The cleaner wax/shatter tasted incredibly smooth and the dish stayed clean the entire session with a ring of oil around the outer walls. The rosin actually caused the bottom of the dish to chaz up a little but I have to wonder if a slightly larger dose would have eliminated or reduced this. It was easy to swab off clean when my session was over. The chazzing did affect flavor in a major way but I think it was more material and user error.

I am still testing this thing out and trying to learn about any bugs or connection issues it may have...yesterday I kept getting the check atomizer warning on my device mid session. I took the atomizer out and realized there is much more to the bottom of it that can be adjusted/tightened/loosened than your typical run of the mill atty. While hot as fuck I was able to remove the atomizer with my bare fingers and tighten the brass fitting underneath the atomizer as well as adjust what I am guessing is the ground post connector ring? Idk, but it worked fine after the adjustment.

Thx for the most in depth practical info, any more on your further experiments?
I would get it today if it had a pack with just Quartz Cup & Ceramic dish.
I will never use those other atty's.
Really like the genius tech on the utube, described well why it is a
big step forward in safer vaping our shit.
Less attitude and more options would do well,
like a base unit with 2 coil option starter kit.
Why take a Awesome $50 new vape tech &
put it in the $100 range to start?

tennisguru1,
Reactions: Danksta

analytika

219yjur.jpg

So far really only good things to say about it. Though I'm sad I can't find my 8, I wanted to take a pic of the triton on it.
2ptbcqo.jpg
ezfl80.jpg
2nscftg.jpg
Thanks for the best images I've seen so far.

Relatively new to the concentrates game. (I have the Divine Tribe QQv2 and ceramic donut v3 so far).

Can someone explain the basic "use case" for each of the 5 included? In a way that distinguishes what they accomplish?

• 1 x Dual SiC Ti Gr2
  • 1 x Dual Qtz Ti Gr2
  • 1 x Sirius
  • 1 x 1701 Ti Gr2 Bowl with Ti Gr2 Wick
  • 1 x 1701 Quartz Bowl with Ti Gr2 Wick
Would you say some are designed for different types of concentrates? Different load levels? Different styles of vaping? Different mod settings and vapor heat levels? Because some people just "prefer" titanium, others quartz?

What is the "Sirius", a kind of mesh?

Is it just me (and my level of experience), or is it a bit jarring to put material right on top of coils?

We've seen demos without the Wick. Descriptions suggest Wick permits loading more, even multi-session, concentrating the heat on less of the concentrate so you burn less? I gather they're for the 1701 only. Is a Wick irrelevant if you're doing a smallish single-hit load? Or is there some other benefit of a Wick? Descriptions talk about "priming" the Wick (or something like that) with concentrates. Some say, put your material under the Wick. Others say above the Wick.

At least one user has overtaxed and cracked his components. Do we have enough guidance?

Hmmm.

I tend to change it up pretty frequently, and like to taste what I'm hitting "right now", not what I hit yesterday. What's the best way the achieve that with anything from the full kit?

So many questions. My triton is soon to hit the post. :rofl:

Last edited:

Hoosier

Thx for the most in depth practical info, any more on your further experiments?
I would get it today if it had a pack with just Quartz Cup & Ceramic dish.
I will never use those other atty's.
Really like the genius tech on the utube, described well why it is a
big step forward in safer vaping our shit.
Less attitude and more options would do well,
like a base unit with 2 coil option starter kit.
Why take a Awesome $50 new vape tech &
put it in the $100 range to start?

The dual quartz and sic coils are actually awesome. I didn’t think I would use them either, but with proper tc and the no leak cup, they are the best tasting coils I have used yet.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
The dual quartz and sic coils are actually awesome. I didn’t think I would use them either, but with proper tc and the no leak cup, they are the best tasting coils I have used yet.

That is good to know thx, what I was wondering is how much product do
those coils burn thru?
I know how you like taste & low temps, so how is the Quartz Cup in
taste, visible vapor & how much product you need to get a nice hit.
Compare to QQ & Vista Vape.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!

That's great news, we know how important taste is for you, cool.
What amounts are you using as compared to the Xvape Vista
& the QQ, micro dose or full load.
Also plz let us know if your getting any visible vapor
in the Quartz cup as Sam couldn't on the video.
Thanks so much, as I want to support good clean tech.

Top Bottom