Discontinued Triton Oil Vaporization System

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Thx for the most in depth practical info, any more on your further experiments?
I would get it today if it had a pack with just Quartz Cup & Ceramic dish.
I will never use those other atty's.
Really like the genius tech on the utube, described well why it is a
big step forward in safer vaping our shit.
Less attitude and more options would do well,
like a base unit with 2 coil option starter kit.
Why take a Awesome $50 new vape tech &
put it in the $100 range to start?
I wish I could be more helpful, however I have only had this device for a couple weeks and have used it about 30 times or so since recieving it. I only use it on the go when needed so maybe 2x a day. Its just not enough use to really give you guys thorough and accurate feedback IMHO. I still have only used the quartz, however my ceramic heater had a small piece of loose ceramic that broke off. I noticed it when I went to clean the device after its 1st week of use. It did not seem to affect the perfomance or anything but I took a picture and sent it to G for a replacment request. In the meantime I swapped out the Ti dish with the Quartz and I am now running the Quartz on the Ti atomizer/heater. Its nice that they are interchangeable.

I agree there should be a kit with just one atomizer of choice and the base unit for about $50-60.

I let my brother hit the Triton this past Saturday. He has hit the Sai TAF quite a bit and he noticed a much smoother hit from the Triton right away. I think it hits clean and smooth much like a quartz banger, just without as big of a bang.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Thanks for the best images I've seen so far.

Relatively new to the concentrates game. (I have the Divine Tribe QQv2 and ceramic donut v3 so far).

Can someone explain the basic "use case" for each of the 5 included? In a way that distinguishes what they accomplish?

• 1 x Dual SiC Ti Gr2
  • 1 x Dual Qtz Ti Gr2
  • 1 x Sirius
  • 1 x 1701 Ti Gr2 Bowl with Ti Gr2 Wick
  • 1 x 1701 Quartz Bowl with Ti Gr2 Wick
Would you say some are designed for different types of concentrates? Different load levels? Different styles of vaping? Different mod settings and vapor heat levels? Because some people just "prefer" titanium, others quartz?

What is the "Sirius", a kind of mesh?

Is it just me (and my level of experience), or is it a bit jarring to put material right on top of coils?

We've seen demos without the Wick. Descriptions suggest Wick permits loading more, even multi-session, concentrating the heat on less of the concentrate so you burn less? I gather they're for the 1701 only. Is a Wick irrelevant if you're doing a smallish single-hit load? Or is there some other benefit of a Wick? Descriptions talk about "priming" the Wick (or something like that) with concentrates. Some say, put your material under the Wick. Others say above the Wick.

At least one user has overtaxed and cracked his components. Do we have enough guidance?

Hmmm.

I tend to change it up pretty frequently, and like to taste what I'm hitting "right now", not what I hit yesterday. What's the best way the achieve that with anything from the full kit?

So many questions. My triton is soon to hit the post. :rofl:
I like the coils for big, quick clouds with good taste. It's easy to load up and go through a lot of material quickly. I think the ceramic coils have better flavor than the quartz, but I like them both.

The quartz cup is for more of a session with better flavor and less visible vapor. I don't mean long session, just slower compared to coils. Taste is great.

To me the sirius is a lot like a coil, but it can hold more. The first time you use it you need to soak the wick with material. I think it might taste a little better too, maybe something about the bigger wick or maybe it's just in my head.

I actually still haven't used the titanium bucket, I know I don't like it much with enails so I haven't been too excited to try that one.

**This is based on my personal usage and opinions, I know other people have different ones.

PandaLee

At $100ish, I'm still waiting on more feedback, pictures and videos. There's some good insight here. At $50 with the choice of one or two coils, I'd jump on it and experiment myself right away.

My current portable is the top airflow sai w/ ti bucket. I'm hearing the concerns and will upgrade to the Triton if it comes close to the reliability and ruggedness of the taf sai. That's why I've been running with the sai as my daily portable...ease of use, ease to clean and I haven't taken it apart or changed the atomizer in over two months. So it's always there and works when I need it.

And if the Triton hits smoother and tastier, that would be the icing on the cake. I get some of the harshness from the sai if I hit it too hot or too long. I'm hoping my first experience with the Triton will be like @nosmoking 's brother!

Last edited:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I wish I could be more helpful, however I have only had this device for a couple weeks and have used it about 30 times or so since recieving it. I only use it on the go when needed so maybe 2x a day. Its just not enough use to really give you guys thorough and accurate feedback IMHO. I still have only used the quartz, however my ceramic heater had a small piece of loose ceramic that broke off. I noticed it when I went to clean the device after its 1st week of use. It did not seem to affect the perfomance or anything but I took a picture and sent it to G for a replacment request. In the meantime I swapped out the Ti dish with the Quartz and I am now running the Quartz on the Ti atomizer/heater. Its nice that they are interchangeable.

I agree there should be a kit with just one atomizer of choice and the base unit for about $50-60.

I let my brother hit the Triton this past Saturday. He has hit the Sai TAF quite a bit and he noticed a much smoother hit from the Triton right away. I think it hits clean and smooth much like a quartz banger, just without as big of a bang.

Really good to hear, thx.
Are you getting vapor as it seemed Sam didn't.
I realize he didn't have much time to work with it.
So hoping you had some ideas on setting for more vapor.

tennisguru1,
Reactions: nosmoking

Hoosier

That's great news, we know how important taste is for you, cool.
What amounts are you using as compared to the Xvape Vista
& the QQ, micro dose or full load.
Also plz let us know if your getting any visible vapor
in the Quartz cup as Sam couldn't on the video.
Thanks so much, as I want to support good clean tech.
Full load-up to .15 at a time. Every rip tastes like a micro (.01-.02) on a vista. TC works better than any settings I have found on the qq. I haven’t really messed with the quartz cup much, as I immediately found the dual coils to be better than any portable I have had in the past. Think herc performance and terps without the hassles and with wide open airflow.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Full load-up to .15 at a time. Every rip tastes like a micro (.01-.02) on a vista. TC works better than any settings I have found on the qq. I haven’t really messed with the quartz cup much, as I immediately found the dual coils to be better than any portable I have had in the past. Think herc performance and terps without the hassles and with wide open airflow.

Very interesting, hmmmmm.
That is great info not expected, going to have to try it now.

tennisguru1,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I believe we were told OS stands for Oil System.

@tennisguru1 I get decent clouds from my perspective. Lighting is always gonna have a part in how much vapor actually shows, but to me I get noticable vapor almost every hit except the first hit. Often even after a long heat up and intake, the first hit will be little to no vapor but much more terpy.

Last edited:

Tomfool86

Well i guess i'll update again. So far so good. like, really good.
Did the first rebuild on a 1701 and it went pretty well. I've been running them at 65 watts in temp mode. no issues yet over the 3 donuts ive used. the one that broke was due to my fiddling with the bucket and an eagerness to see what was inside and not wanting to wait for it to burn out. I need more patience. But the rebuild was pretty straight forward. easy and quick. the hardest part is getting the bends on the leads right so the disk will sit in the center on the coil cup. I did notice some chipping on the ceramic insulators under the bucket though.
my main is the Ti bucket. I'm really liking this one. easy loading and cleaning. However G, if you're reading, rounded edges on these would go a LONG way to aid in cleaning. I still havent been able to get the wicks to work well. though to be fair, ive only tried 2 or 3 times and those attempts were late at night. not exactly when my "give a fuck" is at its highest.
Dual quartz coils are probably my close second favorite coil. I'd given up on exposed wire coils a little over a year ago. this one surprised me. VERY clean tasting hits. And they can be huge if you've got the lungs for it. they clean up very well. I'm thinking that not having the rods and coils sitting in a reclaim puddle helps a lot. Iso soak and a light burn and they're back to brand new.
I just started using the Sirius coil in the last few days and i'm pleasantly surprised. Hits quite well once its saturated and gives good enough sized hits for me. pretty tasty too.
I haven't used the dual SIC yet. waiting for my extractor to finish up a run so i can have some clean concentrates to use with them. the Sirius took the last of the good disty i had laying around. SiC has in the past proved to be a bitch to clean up. Not sure if thats the case still or not. but im playing it safe.

This is so far the best atty ive ever had the pleasure of using. Not a single instance of leaking. the coils seem to TC very well. I have used the Sai in the past and found the Triton to be smoother hitting. the donut seems to do a better job of heating the cup in the Triton as well. though in all fairness, i didn't have the settings on the sai dialed in as well either.

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
It will be interesting to hear how the new air flow prototypes work. I feel like the airflow is already wide open, but I guess the change isn't really for that.

StormyPinkness,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Last edited:

Morty

When i get the chance i will send samples out to Laboratory in US if i need to.
That would be awesome. Good on you G. Now, will there be tests done on every single batch ? :lol: Just playin'. Been enjoying the shit storm over on Reddit. :rockon:It would be nice if Matt could get some newer improved tests done as well, b/c at this point, the only wax attys I would even consider using are the DT V3 (though this post doesn't make me feel great),
https://www.reddit.com/r/Waxpen/comments/8vwhs3/why_does_my_divine_crossing_donut_have_solder_on/
and more so, the AC V3, Triton or Hercules.

Speaking of the AC V3, I saw it's out of stock right now. With the release of the Triton, are you guys gonna discontinue the AC or will this still be an option going forward ?

I'd rather have someone who some people think is an asshole but has the user's health in mind and uses quality materials than someone who's a perceived nice guy and could care less about what shit his product may or may not contain as long as the $'s flowing !

Vic! :rant:

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
That would be awesome. Good on you G. Now, will there be tests done on every single batch ? :lol: Just playin'. Been enjoying the shit storm over on Reddit. :rockon:It would be nice if Matt could get some newer improved tests done as well, b/c at this point, the only wax attys I would even consider using are the DT V3 (though this post doesn't make me feel great),
https://www.reddit.com/r/Waxpen/comments/8vwhs3/why_does_my_divine_crossing_donut_have_solder_on/
and more so, the AC V3, Triton or Hercules.

Speaking of the AC V3, I saw it's out of stock right now. With the release of the Triton, are you guys gonna discontinue the AC or will this still be an option going forward ?

I'd rather have someone who some people think is an asshole but has the user's health in mind and uses quality materials than someone who's a perceived nice guy and could care less about what shit his product may or may not contain as long as the $'s flowing !

Vic! :rant:

Thanks for the support brother as the fan boys are far more than Expected and are out on full force right now.

Downvoting the results

And this right here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/portabledabs/comments/900uo9/prelim_testing_done/

The Ac v3 is out of production and the Triton is taking its place.

tharealmclovin

That's a shame. My delivery of AC coils yesterday made me decide to hold off on the triton. ACv3 works so well already.

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: Morty
Top Bottom