Discontinued Triton Oil Vaporization System

mephisto

So far really enjoying the Triton Canopus atomizer with my Tesla Wye mod. TCR of .007, 15watts, 250f gives me good flavor and good density. I would not bother with a single cell mod for this setup. 2 days of light use has not even moved the battery indicator on the Wye(2x18650). Soon as I squish some more extract, I will try one of the other coils. Good work G, this reminds me of the HVT gear without all of the excess heat and hassle for vapor production. The temp setting works effectively and the mod seems to drive the Triton very easily.

Terpstar

i love terpenes
So far really enjoying the Triton Canopus atomizer with my Tesla Wye mod. TCR of .007, 15watts, 250f gives me good flavor and good density. I would not bother with a single cell mod for this setup. 2 days of light use has not even moved the battery indicator on the Wye(2x18650). Soon as I squish some more extract, I will try one of the other coils. Good work G, this reminds me of the HVT gear without all of the excess heat and hassle for vapor production. The temp setting works effectively and the mod seems to drive the Triton very easily.

Thanks for the info on the mod.

Is this what you have? https://www.elementvape.com/tesla-wye-200w-tc-box-mod

If so, what batteries would you recomend? It looks like they offer several options in the drop down on their site. Any those good?

Cheers.

jsnstanley

Does the quartz cup hit like a proper low temp rig hit?
My taste buds were saturated with yummy terps. I really enjoyed the flavor. Though apparently I just don’t get along with the 1701’s and blew them both out within hours. I’m used to the indestructible Hercules heater. Also when the 1701’s break so did the ceramic build / insulators. They both cracked. One in several pieces. And the Quartz cup…. also shattered. :\

Tomfool86

My taste buds were saturated with yummy terps. I really enjoyed the flavor. Though apparently I just don’t get along with the 1701’s and blew them both out within hours. I’m used to the indestructible Hercules heater. Also when the 1701’s break so did the ceramic build / insulators. They both cracked. One in several pieces. And the Quartz cup…. also shattered. :\
well thats not good news. I was hoping that the 1701s would be able to handle some abuse. do you think you can still rebuild them?

Danksta

I watched some of the Q&A G did the other day. It sounds like a top airflow version is coming next. That sounds more appealing than the current. Any ETA @THC SCIENTIFIC ?

Danksta,
Reactions: florduh

bdmonkeyj3w

I watched some of the Q&A G did the other day. It sounds like a top airflow version is coming next. That sounds more appealing than the current. Any ETA @THC SCIENTIFIC ?

im not sure top airflow achieves anything with the way the airflow is vectored from underneath and into the cup, i may be wrong, but i couldnt see it changing much. i started last night with an empty sirius and loaded it to .2 around 1030 last night, wake n baked, still hittin it with at .05 still rollin around in there. runnin on dna 40 1st gen, 21w and up to 420f. no tcr or specific metal able to be set.

Danksta

im not sure top airflow achieves anything with the way the airflow is vectored from underneath and into the cup, i may be wrong, but i couldnt see it changing much. i started last night with an empty sirius and loaded it to .2 around 1030 last night, wake n baked, still hittin it with at .05 still rollin around in there. runnin on dna 40 1st gen, 21w and up to 420f. no tcr or specific metal able to be set.

Have you played around with the quartz cup? That's the one I think would improve with top airflow.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I was using my quartz 1701 all weekend, ran about 1.5 grams of terp sauce through it. Ended up doing waaaay more than I normally do, I was just enjoying the taste too much. I tried the dual quartz coil and liked it, but not as much as the dual ceramic coil. Side by side I definitely enjoy the taste out of the ceramic more, unfortunately after trying those I went back to the quartz 1701 and still haven't tried the other 2 coils yet. It can definitely get very warm running on 23w, I didn't have any blowouts like @jsnstanley though. Sorry to hear about that.

So I got way too spacey and I overloaded it, it came up the sides into the thread but did not leak out of the bottom or into the base. I think I took some sideways hits laying on the couch too and pulled too hard which didn't help. Again this is my fault, not from normal use.

219yjur.jpg

So far really only good things to say about it. Though I'm sad I can't find my 8, I wanted to take a pic of the triton on it.
2ptbcqo.jpg
ezfl80.jpg
2nscftg.jpg

Danksta

I was using my quartz 1701 all weekend, ran about 1.5 grams of terp sauce through it. Ended up doing waaaay more than I normally do, I was just enjoying the taste too much. I tried the dual quartz coil and liked it, but not as much as the dual ceramic coil. Side by side I definitely enjoy the taste out of the ceramic more, unfortunately after trying those I went back to the quartz 1701 and still haven't tried the other 2 coils yet. It can definitely get very warm running on 23w, I didn't have any blowouts like @jsnstanley though. Sorry to hear about that.

So I got way too spacey and I overloaded it, it came up the sides into the thread but did not leak out of the bottom or into the base. I think I took some sideways hits laying on the couch too and pulled too hard which didn't help. Again this is my fault, not from normal use.

219yjur.jpg

So far really only good things to say about it. Though I'm sad I can't find my 8, I wanted to take a pic of the triton on it.
2ptbcqo.jpg
ezfl80.jpg
2nscftg.jpg

What wattage are you using with the quartz cup to get good vapor?

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Were you using temp control with the 1701's? I think I saw that in a previous post. I was only running in wattage mode, it did get really hot though. I doubt tc is a problem, just wondering.

What wattage are you using with the quartz cup to get good vapor?
I went off what @SamuraiSam did in the video and did 19w first. It was slow at first and then got really tasty. 23w worked much quicker, I don't think the taste changed either. I really didn't get much visible vapor though. If I rode the button for a while I would get some. Also towards the end of a load you start to get some, I was kind of using seeing vapor as a sign I was running low. That's probably how I overloaded...

The dual coils had huge clouds, with the 1701 I was really chasing taste. I was annoyingly going "mmmmmm" and smacking my lips and saying "oh man" a lot. At either 19w or 23w the taste was amazing. It really heats up though, I'm not sure about going higher. I want to try it without the titanium wick too and see how that changes it.

I did a really bad job reviewing/testing it this weekend, I just forgot and used it the whole time instead.

Danksta

Were you using temp control with the 1701's? I think I saw that in a previous post. I was only running in wattage mode, it did get really hot though. I doubt tc is a problem, just wondering.

I went off what @SamuraiSam did in the video and did 19w first. It was slow at first and then got really tasty. 23w worked much quicker, I don't think the taste changed either. I really didn't get much visible vapor though. If I rode the button for a while I would get some. Also towards the end of a load you start to get some, I was kind of using seeing vapor as a sign I was running low. That's probably how I overloaded...

The dual coils had huge clouds, with the 1701 I was really chasing taste. I was annoyingly going "mmmmmm" and smacking my lips and saying "oh man" a lot. At either 19w or 23w the taste was amazing. It really heats up though, I'm not sure about going higher. I want to try it without the titanium wick too and see how that changes it.

I did a really bad job reviewing/testing it this weekend, I just forgot and used it the whole time instead.

Do you happen to have a Quartz Quest? Those can offer pretty decent clouds once you get your technique down. I'm wondering if 23w was still too low on the 1701. I go as high as 30w with the QQ.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Do you happen to have a Quartz Quest? Those can offer pretty decent clouds once you get your technique down. I'm wondering if 23w was still too low on the 1701. I go as high as 30w with the QQ.
Sorry, for mod stuff I haven't used anything but w9 gear in a very, very long time. I'll bump it up to 25w and see what happens though.

jsnstanley

well thats not good news. I was hoping that the 1701s would be able to handle some abuse. do you think you can still rebuild them?
The ceramic carriage that the heater rest upon cracked and broke apart as well so, no I can’t rebuild them in the current state. I would suspect they will have a complete list on site soon for parts replacement. I wish for a unit with a more robust heater. A glass lined Herc design ? Now were talking.

money2

The ceramic carriage that the heater rest upon cracked and broke apart as well so, no I can’t rebuild them in the current state. I would suspect they will have a complete list on site soon for parts replacement. I wish for a unit with a more robust heater. A glass lined Herc design ? Now were talking.

What were your settings when the cracking occurred?

Tomfool86

Rough man. I saw your post and hopped online and ordered more heaters immediately. wondering what settings you were running when the break occurred?

also how are the threads and machining on everyone else unit? Mine is good except for 2 spots. one hole in my Ti bucket has a burr that keeps tearing up q tips and the quartz dish retaining ring has a spot it keeps getting stuck in. anyone else have these issues?

only had the unit 24hrs. so far i find it excellent. no complaints at all really. haven't used the dual SiC or the Sirius. I have found that the unit gets WAY hotter with the quartz dish. and the quartz takes about twice as long as the Ti bucket to heat. I think i really like the ceramic collars on the dual coils. makes loading much easier.

another thing, splatter. There doesn't seem to be any to speak of. kind of seems like there should be but there isn't much.

I also noticed when Q tipping the quarts dish, that the bucket sits directly on the coil where as the Ti coil rests on the threads above, rather than on the 1701. So this is something ill have to keep in mind q tipping. I cant put a lot of pressure on the Q tip because I'm pushing down on the 1701 with it. this isn't the case with the Ti bucket where its threaded. hope that makes sense.

I think that is all i've got for now.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Damn that quartz is tasty! I just used the same settings as I used on the TAF Sai (24.2 watts TCR Ni at 325F on my DNA250 Vapedroid C3D1 or same at 500F on Ileaf Pico) and got instantly better performance than the Sai and the flavor is so good! 4 hits later and the wax I loaded is still amber and the quartz is not burning on the floor like every other quartz pen I have used. Its too soon for me to say this is typical or consistent as this is my first session. I can say this is already a very promising device when comparing build quality to others out there. I have the TAF Sai, Source XXL Quartz nail, Motar Quartz and both the QQ v1 and QQ v2. Their garbage in comparison in my opinion but I am not here to bash them. Perhaps I can go in depth in another thread.

I will let you all know how this 1701 quartz serves over time but the taste was just too good not to jump in here and mention.

Danksta

Damn that quartz is tasty! I just used the same settings as I used on the TAF Sai (24.2 watts TCR Ni at 325F on my DNA250 Vapedroid C3D1 or same at 500F on Ileaf Pico) and got instantly better performance than the Sai and the flavor is so good! 4 hits later and the wax I loaded is still amber and the quartz is not burning on the floor like every other quartz pen I have used. Its too soon for me to say this is typical or consistent as this is my first session. I can say this is already a very promising device when comparing build quality to others out there. I have the TAF Sai, Source XXL Quartz nail, Motar Quartz and both the QQ v1 and QQ v2. Their garbage in comparison in my opinion but I am not here to bash them. Perhaps I can go in depth in another thread.

I will let you all know how this 1701 quartz serves over time but the taste was just too good not to jump in here and mention.

How is the heatsink(s) working out with the quartz? How many hits can you get before you gotta let it cool down?

Swisher121

Can anyone recommend a mod that would work well with, and match the shade of metal on the Triton? I have been using the Omicron v3 up until this point, so I don’t already have a mod. And would really prefer to have the colors match if I’m going to spend the money on one anyways.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
When I overloaded the quartz 1701 it went under the cup and vaped between it and the heater. The taste was actually still really good considering that. Took the cup out to use in the sonic cleaner, wow it's little. I'm trying to find something to show off just how small the quartz cup is to take a pic of it. I get that weird "it's so tiny!" feeling when I look at it.

Also going shopping today for some more stuff to use in the 1701, absolutely tore through everything I had this weekend with it. I'm excited to try the sirius, in the past I've always liked those. Might buy some extra quartz heaters from the site too...

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Only liked the last post cause I'm hurry but I would like to like all of them!

VAS is slightly growing again in my mind... I thought it was something of the past...

Please, @THC SCIENTIFIC , is one of your European retailers will get it for sale sooner or later?

ps: in another hand I still not tested the Trinity tank XL I received monthes ago.... but I still not get a perfect consistency final product for it!

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Only liked the last post cause I'm hurry but I would like to like all of them!

VAS is slightly growing again in my mind... I thought it was something of the past...

Please, @THC SCIENTIFIC , is one of your European retailers will get it for sale sooner or later?

ps: in another hand I still not tested the Trinity tank XL I received monthes ago.... but I still not get a perfect consistency final product for it!

Puff it up will have them for sale I think for Europe.

I don’t think anyone in Europe carry’s our products as Teem Green is shutting down.

Top Bottom