Discontinued ThermoVape

There is a good explanation here.
Note TV's AVA atomisers are pretty much top of the line with ceramic wicking and solder-less construction.

Pipes
I had emailed Thermovape customer service about the RES tanks and they said that they don't plan on getting any more while they're working on all of the new upgrades. I had contacted Innovapor, which also carries the Alpha series, and they said that Apex hasn't scheduled manufacturing of any new RES tanks (for the Ultramax, Ultra, or Ultralite). Bummer, I was hoping to get one for my ultralite. :mad:

I had wondered this myself when shopping for e-cig stuff. Here's what Thermovape customer service told me:

"The Bottom Feed design is meant to work more specifically with inhale to activate devices, and bottom feeding RES tank systems or mods. Our RES system is a side feeding design, so it does not require a bottom hole. The Flat Bottom AVA is our standard Atomizer, and is compatible with most 510 devices on the market."

It looks like the tank comes with a cartomizer (which is basically a cartridge and atomizer in one). You'll eventually have to swap out the cartomizer for a new one, but can keep re-using the tank. However, I'm not sure if the atomizer that you linked to is compatible with the tank.

I think it might need a side feeding cartomizer (one with a hole punched in the side) in order for the e-juice from the tank to enter the cartomizer

Thanks guys - I get it now.

Cant wait.

Mr Five-Hundred

Mr Five-Hundred,

rcflo

Any chance you could give us some kind of estimate on how long until we will see the new devices? :p

So i was one click away from ordering my dart spec'd AVA body cart last night, and then i saw this...
Now i don't know whether to wait or not...

VapeHead.com@vapehead
ThermoVape DART for concentrates will be in soon, plus the new technology improvements that Thermo Essence Technologies have been working on

edit: Vapehead released that statement yesterday btw

rcflo,

VapeHead.com

Retailer
So i was one click away from ordering my dart spec'd AVA body cart last night, and then i saw this...
Now i don't know whether to wait or not...

VapeHead.com@vapehead
ThermoVape DART for concentrates will be in soon, plus the new technology improvements that Thermo Essence Technologies have been working on

edit: Vapehead released that statement yesterday btw

Just to clarify - my statement is one of observation, based on this thread and ThermoVape's public comments and website. I have no inside info, but I can see where things are obviously leading - and emailed Tim an offer of design advice around the same time I posted.

My question for you is - what are you looking to vape, what's important to you? It's all modular, so you can choose an upgrade path that suits you. I have 3 units which I use for different purposes - and all get regularly used - so hoping to do it all with one voltage/base-unit may not be realistic (or desired) for another few generations. I'd jump in now, after learning about your options and making a choice that's right for your situation.. It really gets down to the type and quality of your load, in your area and local market, (and IMHO whether you want to vape through water as well).

VapeHead.com,
Reactions: Trever

TonyBlaze

So I got back from my cousins house and tried out his LV Dart running on a Persei with a 18650 battery and wow was I impressed. I would get vapor production almost instantly which is much quicker than my 6V Dart on my TV. This is contrary to what I believed that 6v heats up quicker than LV but my experience was the significantly opposite. Now I have seen many post regarding the 18650 and how much people like it, is this a reason why it heats up quicker. How does the 17670 compare to the 18650. My time with the LV Dart makes me want to pick one but not sure if the 17670 will give me the same results. Is there any word of TV making a unit work with 18650 or new Dart core such as the new T1 and Evo cores?

Also does anyone know if the new Tenergy charger for the 3.7 batteries will work with the car charger that came with my 6v kit

TonyBlaze,

J Matthews

Meowenstein
Check out this new vape i stumbled upon. its $249 usd
white_hot1.jpg

WEBSITE
i'm seeing that the thermovape t1 is a lot cheaper now. i think i saw someone selling it for around $150 new. i read a lot of good things about the t1 and it's u.s. made so i don't doubt what i've read. seems tight.

J Matthews,

TonyBlaze

tony, my LV Dart produces vapor pretty damn quick with a 17670.

how long does it take on your 6V?

It takes a good 8-10 secs before I get a good hit and with the 18650 I would hit the button and within 2 secs I was getting a good hit

TonyBlaze,

OF

I don't think nicotine is all that bad when there's no combustion. I'd be more concerned with all the other stuff in the different juices.

Combustion makes no difference on nicotine uptake, once it's in you and active how it got there (even by patch) doesn't really matter. It's still and incredibly addictive drug if nothing else, worth avoiding for that reason alone IMO.

Otherwise, I agree. Not only is 'the other stuff' not helpful, but the VG and PG base itself is not without concerns in some circles. Nice to have D9 and TV products that vape the concentrate directly.

OF

I don't think nicotine is all that bad when there's no combustion. I'd be more concerned with all the other stuff in the different juices.
Combustion makes no difference on nicotine uptake, once it's in you and active how it got there (even by patch) doesn't really matter. It's still and incredibly addictive drug if nothing else, worth avoiding for that reason alone IMO.

Even as an ex-smoker, I'm not sure it is quite so clear. Nicotine does have many positive effects; One review article is:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3151730/

There are reasons why people, even like our POTUS (no political meaning intended) have a great deal of difficultly quitting.

-NDA

Nick Again,
Reactions: OF

OF

There are reasons why people, even like our POTUS (no political meaning intended) have a great deal of difficultly quitting.

Yup, like I said, "incredibly addictive drug if nothing else, worth avoiding for that reason alone IMO". The fact that addicts crave the rush from pulmonary dosage points to this problem. No doubt about it, smoking tobacco has appeal to many that transcends making their clothes smell bad.

Addiction to anything is cause for some concern I think. Including pretty women and fine wine.

Each guy gets to decide if the benefits of nicotine use outweigh any problems. Then they get to decide how they want to take their chosen drug?

OF

Polmol

I smoked for 16 years and quit almost 4 years ago. This summer I've grown my own virginia tobacco and dried the leaves without curing them. I decided to grow it mainly because of my relatively newfound love for vapor. I thought to myself "if I have no combustion...why not try and see"

So I took the plunge and loaded both my Evo and my Gn0me on a Friday night (I only indulge on weekends). first of all, the taste is amazing. If you've ever smoked, you know how disgusting you smell after a smoke and how the burned taste lingers on in your mouth for a while. Vaporizing homegrown uncured tobacco tastes like it smells: fresh and pleasant. also, there is no headrush like you would get from the first smoke of the day. The feeling is very subtle, and very uppy. I remember how down and somewhat exhausted I felt after a smoke, but I don't seem to get that way with vapor. It may have to do with the small quantity I'm vaping, but it may well be that those side-effects are caused by everything else in commercial tobacco including the filters and paper.

Thirdly, and most important, I've yet to feel any desire to intake tobacco the following morning. There doesn't seem to be any addictive effect as of yet....

OF

Thirdly, and most important, I've yet to feel any desire to intake tobacco the following morning. There doesn't seem to be any addictive effect as of yet....

Good luck with it. It's a fine line to ride. And guys do get hooked on patches and gum.

Long ago I worked with a guy who figured he'd wean himself off by puffing on cigars, ended up inhaling Tiperellos...... It's a powerful drug for sure.

The 'other stuff in smoke' idea is one I've heard before. I think it has a lot of merit. I think we see a more minor version of it with herb blazing?

Thanks for the additional information, good luck with it.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Polmol

Polmol

Thanks, I do realize I'm skating on thin ice with this ongoing trial. Last thing I need is need ;)

For now though it fits well into my weekend ritual along with premium herb and single malt scotch :cool:

Polmol,
Reactions: Ansel

slartibartfast

I have to say, I like the product but my last two orders with the company have not gone well.

After enjoying the T1, I decided to get the rev and the evolution. Rev came in fine but the evolution sleeve didn't have the top part. I inhaled a whole bunch of herb. Paid for the most expensive shipping, that turned out to be a waste.

To their credit, customer service was nice about it. I asked to return the evolution and for them to credit a portion of my shipping option since the part shipped incomplete. I have to return it for my coupon code.

A week or so later, I saw the modbox parts. I always wanted a LV T1 so I ordered that and the new improved Evolution core. Again, customer service was very helpful here and they let me order a sleeve for the new Evolution core.

Week later, I receive my package and the 1760 batteries get stuck in my sleeve and the T1 LV core doesn't work. Customer service is shipping me a replacement, a week later and I still have nothing.

Great products Thermovape, but I think you guys are a victim of your success. The increase in volume seems to have hurt your QC a bit. I was going to get the new products as soon as it came out but having two orders in a row go wrong has left me a bit unhappy. Been lurking/following this thread for a while now and I just wanted to share a recent experience.

Cheers.

slartibartfast,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've fallen so far behind with this thread I can't keep up right now. I just got a persei kit with all the batteries that come with it and was thinking...

What is the best option for someone with a T1 right now with ZERO working batteries for it? Time for a LV conversion? Will my persei charger save me some $$ here? I can't use this honkin 18650 with a TV can I? I'm sorry for this but I can't keep up and I know some of you (especially OF) have both combos. Now that I have all these neat options for batteries, which direction should I take my T1 in?

More bowls per batt is what I'm after, without feeling "evo-like" performance out of my T1.

darkrom,
Reactions: Nic

OF

One week later, still nothing. Tim, if you're interested, my order numbers were 6375 and 5981

I understand your inpatients, and hope everything gets sorted out quickly, but suggest this is not the appropriate venue for that? If speed is the goal I think direct contact through the recommended contact points is going to be faster as well.

In any event, it's stuff that doesn't contribute to the discussion I think?

TIA for considering it.

OF

OF,

slartibartfast

I understand your inpatients, and hope everything gets sorted out quickly, but suggest this is not the appropriate venue for that? If speed is the goal I think direct contact through the recommended contact points is going to be faster as well.

TIA for considering it.

OF

TIA for considering it.

OF
I'm not being 'inpatients'. IMO, I'm don't even think I'm even being impatient. When two orders in a row are bad, does it not warrant a discussion? I've been following this thread for a while now and saw Mike111's posts and thought he was being a crank despite my first order having problems. My second order having problems led me to think maybe I should share my experience.

My complaint about the time isn't really about how long it's taking, even though I think a week turnaround is unreasonable considering two bad ordres in a row. It's the fact that my last two orders with the company had DOA products. Like I said originally, great product, but from my perspective, so far, the company has messed up two orders in a row for me. I thought people considering this product should be aware of that but OF, being that you contribute to this thread the most, I'll take your message as evidence that no one here likes hearing anything contrary to the general consensus.

slartibartfast,

OF

I'm not being 'inpatients'. IMO, I'm don't even think I'm even being impatient.

Like I said originally, great product, but from my perspective, so far, the company has messed up two orders in a row for me. I thought people considering this product should be aware of that but OF, being that you contribute to this thread the most, I'll take your message as evidence that no one here likes hearing anything contrary to the general consensus.

Sorry for the misspelling, glad you were able to understand me even if you don't agree.

That's not at all what I said, is it? I was responding to your post (the one I quoted) which sounded like an attempt to get the issue resolved quickly....silly me. I'm sure it wasn't an attempt to 'make trouble'. IMO you made the point that you'd had shipping problems very well a day or two back, hopefully folks would have noticed it then?

I don't think it's a matter of "no one here likes hearing anything contrary to the general consensus" but more a matter of seeing such problems are regrettable anomalies we all hope get fixed. Our collective experience is, I think, things are not always as they first seem (for instance emails in junk folders) here or other places as well.

Again, I hope it's quickly resolved (if that's the goal), and don't think your second post is the best way to get that done. Your call, of course.

Good luck with it.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom