Discontinued ThermoVape

GOATPUSSY

I just want to say that I am very very very pleased with my T1 and dart. My first order from tv was slightly delayed and the shipping info I received didn't jive with the actual time I received it. I would have LOVED to have it got it when they said it would have been here but whatever... Shit happens.

My second Order from them was a day early.

Whatcha' gonna do??

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Just got the 3.7v T1 core :D First impressions, it's a lot like a T1 sized Evo, as in, it takes about 20 sec. to get from cold to full glow, and it's a little slow on the first hit or so, but once it gets good and warmed up, it gives really good vapor. I have only had one sesh with it so far, so much more testing is needed. I'll be back with more info. It may be a while before I can get battery life/hit count etc... estimates down.

:\ so unfortunately, using the T1 core on the Persei isn't going to be a good pair for me. My adapter has one of those floating center pins, and won't let me tighten things down all the way, everything is rickety, and my button keeps flashing. Just too much of a hassle.

It is however, working great on both the standard T1 battery housing, and using it evolution style w/the insulated adapter and the 14mm glass top. I am even getting decent results from my smaller 18350 battery, and the lil'chuck mod combo.

Well, I could hassle with the persei set up but I want my gear to be solid, and not all wobbly with bad connections interrupting the process.

OF

Just got the 3.7v T1 core :D First impressions, it's a lot like a T1 sized Evo, as in, it takes about 20 sec. to get from cold to full glow, and it's a little slow on the first hit or so, but once it gets good and warmed up, it gives really good vapor.

It is however, working great on both the standard T1 battery housing, and using it evolution style w/the insulated adapter and the 14mm glass top. I am even getting decent results from my smaller 18350 battery, and the lil'chuck mod combo.

I agree, the time frame is slower but when it (eventually) get's rolling it does just fine! I'm thinking it's closer to ten seconds longer to heat when cold, not the five I first thought? Hard to judge, you just need to be a bit more relaxed and give it a bit more time, no big deal IMO given the longer battery life. Great trade off IMO.

I was wondering how it'd work with the Ultra (14500 based) TV supply. You'd probably drop back to 'one battery/one bowl' again, but it'd be a lot smaller?

Thanks for the report, sounds like you and I have the same (neat new) unit all right.....

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
It's taking much longer for the entire T1 to heat up with the 3.7v. It is getting warm, but mostly from the top, and not so much from the battery. I guess if you were really cranking on it for a while the whole thing would eventually get hot, just like always.

I will most likely keep using the standard T1 body with the new core, so I can leave the glass part at home when I want to take the T1 out. Looks like my 6v is taking a back seat for a while. I'll let more of this new core wiring get settled in place, then maybe send it in for a re-wire.

Definitely an improvement over the lifepo4's

I'm having to recharge my only good 17670 battery, unfortunately the one I ordered was DOA, but they are fixing me up so I'm happy enough. :D

This 3.7v makes me happy because I will be more likely to grab the T1 if I can get more than 3 hits at a time before it's too hot to hold (which was my experience this summer when out at the festivals) those little lifepo4 batteries sure got hot fast.

I'm also adding one of Pipe's thumb guards so if it does start to get too warm, I can keep going. http://www.ebay.com/itm/180972261823?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

Polmol

I have (had) the same problem. And when you do get some it's not very good.
Found the solution is:
herb + 99.9 ISO + coffee press + pyrex dish + some time + DART = :D

Pipes

I have a few grams I'd be willing to spare to try out, is it worth it? Is the high really different/better/more intense? :)

Polmol,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I have a few grams I'd be willing to spare to try out, is it worth it? Is the high really different/better/more intense? :)
I might not be the best one to ask as I have just started. I was so hesitant about pouring ISO over perfectly good herb. But in the end it was definitely worth it. Even the ABV will work, you get much less but still works OK. In fact from here on out I figure I will be taking about half of my herb and make some lube. If I was just rolling spliffs I would not get enough mileage to make it worth it. But with the DART I find 2-3 drops goes further then a spliff which would take 4-5 drops.
The high is much the same IMO.
Go ahead take the plunge, just grind er up, put in the coffee press, stir and shake, use a couple extra coffee filters and get that green ISO into a pyrex dish. You can repeat till the ISO has little colour change. 2-3 times or more if herb is good. I have been taking my time at this point as don't like the ISO smell while evaporating. I just put it on top of our water heater. After a day or two it's ready to scrap off your goods. This process can be cut down extremely by use of a warming plate to accelerate the evaporation.
There are likely many tricks I don't know as I was winging it but happy with results.

Pipes

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
Just a safety note in general, If you have a gas water heater or stove, keep evaporating alcohols far away from it. Alcohol fumes sink to ground level and a pilot light can cause a flash fire. It's best to have a fan(s) going, windows open or better: outside until the ISO is visibly evaporated before using a water heater for bottom heat.

Signed,
The safety monitor.

Y6mZr.jpg

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Just a safety note in general, If you have a gas water heater or stove, keep evaporating alcohols far away from it. Alcohol fumes sink to ground level and a pilot light can cause a flash fire. It's best to have a fan(s) going, windows open or better: outside until the ISO is visibly evaporated before using a water heater for bottom heat.

Signed,
The safety monitor.

Y6mZr.jpg
fire-183.gif
Aye, good advise in deed.
fire-183.gif

The process for me is so slow and quantity so small I never really thought much about it.
But a VERY good point Yogi.
Thanks,

Pipes

Pipes,
Let me add that I worked for a time as a chemist. When I had my first serious fire (predicted by my adviser, I was attempting to duplicate some work published in a patent - patents both lie and usually omit critical details), a cohort put up in my office a poster with the line "Real Chemists fear fire not explosions." - It had one picture of a mushroom cloud and another of a highrise aflame (I can't find a copy online).

Fires are common. a serious risk and happen (too) often. Explosions are for TV, movies and nearly every one, including at industrial and academic labs makes the news (including the idiots who put butane in freezers).

I did hear one good explosion and see the results (two destroyed concrete walls) that came from a 1st year grad student trying to distill only 1/2 liter of old THF from old/bad LAH - impressive, but rare. (I still had an office in the Chem dept., even though I was working on another degree - the '60s and early '70s were good times to stay in school as much as possible.)

-NDA

Nick Again,
SPOILER ALERT!!!

For any of the owners/potential owners of the ultra, Pipes is coming out with a new thumbpad and I was lucky enough to get a prototype.

Although this works with the regular tv handle, I prefer to use the full-face stonepad with my t1. I like to use this particular small thumb pad with the ultra; it fits nicely.

If there were a full-face version stonepad for the ultra or ultralite, that would be sweet. :brow:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
we need a tiny thumbpad for the ultralite :) that little switch is so small, it's really hard for me to get a grip on it sometimes... I put grip tape on it, but it kept going off in my pocket when the grip tape would cling to the fabric like velcro, and activate the switch.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Pretty much. I got mine at Canadian Tire around $10 bucks 16 oz.
Don't forget a pack of coffee filters as well. Cut down a bit and add to the plunger.
I've used 2 filters at a time.

Pipes

Pipes,

Bart

Best and safest way to evaporate alcohol is in dark blue Pyrex dish outside on a sunny day with a fan blowing gently across surface. Larger dishes are best as there's more surface area. Believe me I know.
Anyone ever seen the movie spun. Been there done that lived to tell the tale. Lost a few friends along the way. One was evaporating alcohol on hot plate inside. Blew his house off the foundation. Him, his wife and two children paid the price. Never evap inside. Might be rare but can be catastrophic.
By the way. All natural for 9 yrs now. Be safe.

Bart,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Best and safest way to evaporate alcohol is in dark blue Pyrex dish outside on a sunny day with a fan blowing gently across surface. Be safe.

:clap: This is fantastic advice. Since when did we all start thinking high proof alcohol and heat sources was ever a good idea?! Its becoming more and more common too. The most risky I've done is an electric griddle OUTSIDE so at the very worst it would be a flaming pyrex dish in my backyard. Always plan for the worst.

darkrom,

OF

:clap: This is fantastic advice. Since when did we all start thinking high proof alcohol and heat sources was ever a good idea?! Its becoming more and more common too. The most risky I've done is an electric griddle OUTSIDE so at the very worst it would be a flaming pyrex dish in my backyard. Always plan for the worst.

Let's face it, stoners are not always known for their ability to think things through....

Sometimes we get 'too smart'. I heard of a guy who decided hot water was safe, but to be extra sure he decided to use the apartment buildings laundry room sink late at night. Worked great until the water heater kicked in to replace the hot water he was using.......

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Right now, I'm testing out battery life for the 3.7v T1 bowl. I have gone through one mostly full bowl (not heavily packed) and on my second now. I am noticing it's taking closer to 30 secs to warm it up from cold. Once it's warm, it is about the same, 5-10 secs to recover heat. It takes quite a bit longer for the entire T1 switch/body to heat up to the point that it's even slightly uncomfortable to hold. Right now I am not taking a hit count. I am just seeing how many loads I can get per charge.

I was working on my second bowl, when the battery stopped heating, so I am going to have to recharge. So almost 2 full loads on one charge, and it didn't get nearly as hot to hold. I will see how the next round goes. I am still getting the hang of the warm up.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: OF

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Right now, I'm testing out battery life for the 3.7v T1 bowl. I have gone through one mostly full bowl (not heavily packed) and on my second now. I am noticing it's taking closer to 30 secs to warm it up from cold. Once it's warm, it is about the same, 5-10 secs to recover heat. It takes quite a bit longer for the entire T1 switch/body to heat up to the point that it's even slightly uncomfortable to hold. Right now I am not taking a hit count. I am just seeing how many loads I can get per charge.

I was working on my second bowl, when the battery stopped heating, so I am going to have to recharge. So almost 2 full loads on one charge, and it didn't get nearly as hot to hold. I will see how the next round goes. I am still getting the hang of the warm up.

That's strange it stopped heating that quick, its the AW 17670? I wonder if the battery might need a few cycles to condition the cell. Let me know if anything changes.

The longer warmup was expected, but 30 seconds sounds like it could be the cell again. keep me updated :)

SameOldTim,
Reactions: OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
sure thing Tim I have that cell charging now, and the replacement for the DOA cell I just got is on the way (I think) so we can get to the bottom of it soon. I did sit and watch the glow with the counter on and it was at a pretty good glow at 20 secs but reached full glow around 30 sec., and yes this is an AW 17670, using the T1 PA body+battery sleeve to test.

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom