Discontinued ThermoVape

darkrom

Great Scott!
My friend has a white T1 he just got and it has a serial number on the bottom (presumably newer than mine which does not). His top cap has a different pattern for the holes in the mouthpiece. Interesting but not sure why.

The real issue is his vape is getting up to temp but is NOT producing vapor. We tried it with my batteries and my power supply. The switch is good and the core is glowing. I can hit my T1 and blow large clouds so I know it is NOT user error like I originally expected. Its clean as I was using my mouthpiece.

The one suggestion I had was to pull off the white sleeve and see if it is blocking the air holes, but the white is MUCH harder to get off the body than the delrin. Hes trying hot water to loosen the sleeve now and see if the intake holes were blocked which is my ONLY possible hypothesis. Any ideas?

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
WOW!!

What a super production. What a team you've got there, so glad you can use such resources on this message. The camera man is clearly world class, the script excellent and free flowing, spotless editing and the sound man delivered perfect quality and clarity (none of that BS distracting music) and where ever did you find the Narrator with that delightful accent?

If there was an Academy Award for 'Vape Videos' (and IMO there should be long before some of the embarrassing stuff they do) you'd be in line for one of those silly little nut crackers for sure.

Now I get to wait, patiently if possible, for your next month's review. Hope it's a pip as well.....and hope I don't miss it. I bet I sneak back and watch this one a few times before then, and I know me.

Please keep up the good work, it's effective as can be IMO.

Thanks very much.

OF

Agreed wonderful video. OF you forgot to include calming accent as well.

OF

Agreed wonderful video. OF you forgot to include calming accent as well.

Hey, I did call it "that delightful accent", right? Can I at least get part credit?

You know we came really close to choosing German over English, boy that would have changed things......I'm having trouble imagining a 'calming German accent' at the moment.

I just hope there's more videos to follow..... IMO this one is clearly far above average.

OF

chant121

WOW!!

Thanks very much.

OF
Hey OF, thanks for the cheery response!:nod: Not bad for a one man band aye ? It was very enjoyable making it and giving my thoughts and opinions on such a beautiful little device, which has filled the void for my portable vaping adventures in nature perfectly ;)
I think the accent is one quite effected by England/Wales influences, saying that, it always sounds weird hearing your own voice recorded right ?
Have sent the link to info@tv, for the monthly competition, If you have received it Tim let us know what you think ? :wave:
You want more next month ? wow got a responsibility now,:) I've been thinking of various filming ideas, will just have to see how this one does first.
It was a pleasure, I'm glad you enjoyed watching it

chant121,
Reactions: OF

OF

Hey OF, thanks for the cheery response!:nod:
I think the accent is one quite effected by England/Wales influences, saying that, it always sounds weird hearing your own voice recorded right ?

You're quite welcome, you earned it. I try to "call 'em like I see 'em", this one's a cut above average at least.

So true what you say about it being infectious, I once worked with a bunch of Brit Scientists. At times I couldn't believe what passed my lips....no need for a recording don't you know?

Keep it up, you've got at least one fan already. Let me know when you make it to Hollywood......they could use a little fresh air IMO.

OF

DreamTime

My friend has a white T1 he just got and it has a serial number on the bottom (presumably newer than mine which does not). His top cap has a different pattern for the holes in the mouthpiece. Interesting but not sure why.

The real issue is his vape is getting up to temp but is NOT producing vapor. We tried it with my batteries and my power supply. The switch is good and the core is glowing. I can hit my T1 and blow large clouds so I know it is NOT user error like I originally expected. Its clean as I was using my mouthpiece.

The one suggestion I had was to pull off the white sleeve and see if it is blocking the air holes, but the white is MUCH harder to get off the body than the delrin. Hes trying hot water to loosen the sleeve now and see if the intake holes were blocked which is my ONLY possible hypothesis. Any ideas?

I recently purchased a replacement core for my T1 (I damaged the core during disassembly). The replacement core was different than the original and had the white sleeve on it. Sadly the new core was almost completely restricted and you could barely draw air through it. When I called Thermo Essence, Anthony had me try removing the white sleeve to see if it was blocking air flow. The way he had me remove it was by "unscrewing". It isn't actually threaded, but if you pull the white sleeve away from the core while twisting, it should come off.

Pulling the sleeve off didn't help in my case. It looks like something might have gotten into the air holes, but in typical Thermo Essence awesomeness, a replacement core is on it's way.

DreamTime,

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
sometimes we have periods of high demand and this might get extended a few more days to get all the warranty replacements sent out.
Hi Tim- when you have these high demand periods (e.g., July 4 discount + PA orders) could you consider posting in your "From our blog" section on the Thermo Essence homepage something to the effect, "you may have received an email that your product has been shipped. What we have done is only sent the label (or whatever is actually going on) to USPS. Your order will actually ship in the next day or two." And then post when orders actually have shipped in the same place. Or maybe consider not sending the label to USPS until the order's actually ready to ship?

I'm terribly sorry it has taken so long for yours to get to you, sometimes the postal services can take an extended amount of time.
Cheers, Tim
When I place an order with VolcanoUSA in Oakland, it's here in two days, using USPS priority mail. And I had a couple of small orders (mouthpieces) with you with the same delivery time- everything went perfectly. Where I think USPS is a little difficient is in updating their tracking page- that's why I was depending on the accuracy of your "your order has been shipped"- which, to be honest, was misleading.

Please know that this is all meant to be constructive, and to help work out what maybe the last few Kinks (Ray Davies tonite at the aladdin!) of your order-fulfillment/customer communication process. 'Cause the units themselves kinda rock. :)

TonyBlaze

It's been about a week since I ordered my TV and USPS tracking still only shows shipping info received I hope I get it soon not sure what is going on with USPS they are usually very quick

TonyBlaze,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker

Hey DR. Have you confirmed where the blockage is? Whether it's the holes in the body or the holes in the core itself?
Unless the outer sleeve is actually upside down, removing will not buy you much. If blockage seems to be the body then a good boil might help. Mine was a little "tight" when new but broke in with boiling. I suspect maybe some VG might have gotten between body and outer sleeve. Thus causing some restriction in the small holes. Mine seemed to exhale easier then inhale??
Hope you get it up and going.
Have fun
Pipes

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
It's been about a week since I ordered my TV and USPS tracking still only shows shipping info received I hope I get it soon not sure what is going on with USPS they are usually very quick
A lot of folks were seeing this when their item hadn't actually shipped yet, TV only notified the USPS to expect the item. This is okay I guess, it's just that when TV sends you an email that your item has been shipped, when it actually hasn't, is the reeeal misleading part. Priority Mail should take only 2-3 days. If you haven't gotten your order yet it may not have been shipped, or it just has.

Tonyblaze, any relationship to Johnnyblaze (Neville's Haze x Blueberry)? :cool:

Nick Brand,

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
Hey DR. Have you confirmed where the blockage is? Whether it's the holes in the body or the holes in the core itself?
Unless the outer sleeve is actually upside down, removing will not buy you much. If blockage seems to be the body then a good boil might help. Mine was a little "tight" when new but broke in with boiling. I suspect maybe some VG might have gotten between body and outer sleeve. Thus causing some restriction in the small holes. Mine seemed to exhale easier then inhale??
Hope you get it up and going.
Have fun
Pipes
I've got restriction too.

Taking the core out, and pulling on the bowl, moving the ceramic sleeve upwards frees the holes enough to feel a large difference. Gravity naturally wants to hold it down over the holes- so you have to hold the unit upside for max airflow through the core. Is the ceramic sleeve necessary if you're not doing long repeated energizings?

My biggest airflow obstacle though is the delrin-covered central body. And yes! it's easier to blow out than pull in. The restriction seems to be progressing worse. So you boiled this section (leaving the switch out), and airflow improved?

thanks for your help

Nick Brand,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I think he plans to send it in. Hes having too many little issues and I can't get my hands on it again.

I'm interested in the different design and spacing of the holes on the top cap. I wonder why it was changed since I'm guessing I have the old style haha.

darkrom,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
What is going on with the shipping is they are printing out the shipping labels as the order comes in, and it sends an automatic notice to you w/ tracking info. I use this service all the time for my Etsy sales. I am guessing that they are printing labels and then prepping the packages, so it might take a bit to get the label on the package and out the door. In the mean time you get the notice in your inbox as soon as the label is printed, so it seems you are getting a shipping notice, when really it's just a notice that the label has been made.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Nick Brand

OF

My understanding is the program that prints the label also sends the email out (it assumes the label goes on the package and out the door within milliseconds I guess? I think it'd be more accurate to say 'label has been printed' or 'shipping is in process' or something like that but can you feature how many requests for status that would generate? I could easily see spending more time researching than actually shipping.

OTOH, don't discount the PO's abilities to foul up the simple. I 'watched' a package carefully make it's way to my local PO from the sorting center early Saturday in time to be scanned and sent 'out for delivery' 7/14. Never got here, the rest of the mail, including two other packages, got here just fine. Last night about midnight it was still out for delivery and due that day. This morning it is still out, but now the projected date is 7/16. At least this time they didn't loose it again.......maybe. Yet.

Several times I've got packages here that never left there if you believe their computer. I'm glad there's an address in English (not computer) on the package, and they have employees that can read it and at last move it along, hopefully in the right way.

Sorry you're having delays, I hope soon it's just unfortunate history. Hopefully it's not lost, and if it is, it's not unique and can easily be replaced.

OF

OF,

poonman

Good info guys ,
Please clarify my situation if you can .

4 info on my tracking #
1.acceptance 5:11 Sacremento,Ca 07/12
2.processed thru sort facility 7:15 Sac,Ca 07/12
3.depart sort facility , no time given and it didn't say depart...ed . 07/12
4.electronic info received , 07/14 , no address or time given ?

That tells me something has or will be departing Sac, Ca .
And somewhere 07/14 has acknowledged for it to be accepted some time in the near future ???
Correct ?

poonman,

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
Maybe more on the restriction topic... ? :cool:

- Is the ceramic core sleeve necessary?

It severely interferes with core air-flow when using my t1 upright- with gravity holding the sleeve down over the core-holes. Was the sleeve added to counter-act some folks' issues with handle heat? Using a t1 with a glass-adapter, angled downward into the bubbler, the sleeve won't be a problem. But when I'm operating T1-mobile stylie I only grab a single hit here and there, and I get no handle heat build-up issues. Take the sleeve off when used this way?

- How can we improve airflow through the delrin-covered mid-section?

I know that some restriction is built into the overall design, so that airflow past the core is slow enough to actually heat the air, but is the "designed restriction" only at the core's holes? Is the restriction I'm additionally getting through the mid-section's series of delrin and metal holes (which is quite a lot in my case) unnecessary?

epilogue: I do enjoy the stealth and vapor quality of the t1 so far, but I'm having to pull uncomfortably hard.

thanks all :)

Nick Brand,

Norlin

Classic Rocker
I've got restriction too.

Taking the core out, and pulling on the bowl, moving the ceramic sleeve upwards frees the holes enough to feel a large difference. Gravity naturally wants to hold it down over the holes- so you have to hold the unit upside for max airflow through the core. Is the ceramic sleeve necessary if you're not doing long repeated energizings?
/quote]
That sleeve is actually a spacer, stops you from fucking the threads up. It gets pushed up when the bowl is screwed in, so no it doesn't block the holes. Keep it on, doesn't change anything.

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
That sleeve is actually a spacer, stops you from fucking the threads up. It gets pushed up when the bowl is screwed in, so no it doesn't block the holes. Keep it on, doesn't change anything.
Right! I was noticing the sleeve up/down thing when pulling on the core naked. Thanks much for the clarification.
Any suggestions re: the mid-section piece de le resistance?

Nick Brand,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Right! I was noticing the sleeve up/down thing when pulling on the core naked. Thanks much for the clarification.
Any suggestions re: the mid-section piece de le resistance?
I had thought that and found no air flow change with it out. I initially cut a small notch along the bottom of the white piece. Left it in.
In my case there was no real conclusion as the problem just seemed to clear up. Thus my VG oil theory.
Had me scratching my head.
Good luck,
Pipes

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
I had thought that and found no air flow change with it out. I initially cut a small notch along the bottom of the white piece. Left it in.
In my case there was no real conclusion as the problem just seemed to clear up. Thus my VG oil theory.
Had me scratching my head.
Good luck,
Pipes
thanx pipes. How's the pull on your t1?

Nick Brand,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
thanx pipes. How's the pull on your t1?
Be sure you keep the air holes in the cap clear. I run my whole cap assembly under the hot shower head routinely. And routinely blow out debris free and clear right after taking a long draw, while it is still hot so it blows out more fully and completely. As long as I keep the top cap truly clear, I get great, visible vapor every draw without fail. I don't experience any need for concern about restriction in the middle assembly, though definitely notice the increased restriction and decreased vapor you describe if/whenever my top cap is substantially covered, which is why I offer this suggestion, to make sure you are always keeping clear what you can keep clear. ;)

Top Bottom