Discontinued ThermoVape

OF

nothing... it stays at 1 . :(

Bummer, progress but taking us the wrong way. Now, let's confirm it.

Go to DCV on the meter, 20 Volt range. Hold one probe to the body with your fingers, holding the switch with your thumb so you can push it on at will. Then carefully probe down into the socket at the bottom of the well the core screws into. When you're sure you're solidly on the bottom contact in the well (top of the switch) and not touching the wall with the probe, push it on and glance over to get the reading, should be 6.00 more or less. If you're chicken (or smart....) you might want to wrap the probe with several layers of 'scotch' tape (leaving the tip exposed) to prevent short circuits to the wall in case you slip.

Edit: It doesn't have to be scotch tape, of course, most any kind will work. Masking tape, adhesive tape, even a strip of paper wound up will insulate the probe sides from the threaded part of the socket.

Standing by

OF

OF,

OF

yep,just out of the box!!

Interesting. I just put a couple on charge (a minute or so only) they're both just under 3.4. I've never seen one at 3.5 that I recall......

Anyway, for whatever reason sounds to me like you have 'double blown core number 2'. I still don't understand how that can happen. It's one piece of wire, bent into a V with the button crimped in the center. The coils are close wound on the cores and have their free ends go through holes in the inner tube walls to be crimped against the outer tube when it's pressed on. There's no common current paths in there except the button itself.....

Send Tim an email at TV, tell him we found your core open on both sides, let's get the replacement on the way. I'll email him in the morning and see if he has any insights.

Sorry I don't have an easy fix, or even an explanation for what's going on. Let me think a bit, too bad you're 'over there' I'd really love to see the dead unit and see what happened to it.

OF

natural farmer

thanks for your time bro... I'll give them a call later when they open and send an email too if necessary. my bro will take a mandatory t-break until the new core comes... :lol:

natural farmer,
Reactions: BaMbAaAChA

Meat

SO i figured out my battery charger problem. It was the cord that connected the outlet to the charger. THankfuly thats the cheapest thing to fix (like 3$ on amazon) and I also have a couple extra laying around the house. So I'm back up and functional for now, at least till I upgrade to the sv and t1 mods.

Meat,

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
Send Tim an email at TV, tell him we found your core open on both sides, let's get the replacement on the way. I'll email him in the morning and see if he has any insights.
OF
TV's sending me a replacement for my non-fitting Rev Conv interface adapter. They're pretty quick to respond to your problems.

Nick Brand,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Interesting. I just put a couple on charge (a minute or so only) they're both just under 3.4. I've never seen one at 3.5 that I recall......

Anyway, for whatever reason sounds to me like you have 'double blown core number 2'. I still don't understand how that can happen. It's one piece of wire, bent into a V with the button crimped in the center. The coils are close wound on the cores and have their free ends go through holes in the inner tube walls to be crimped against the outer tube when it's pressed on. There's no common current paths in there except the button itself.....

Sorry I don't have an easy fix, or even an explanation for what's going on. Let me think a bit, too bad you're 'over there' I'd really love to see the dead unit and see what happened to it.

OF

Again a wonderful job diagnosing this OF!

I apologize for not being available to figure this out till now, We will send out a new replacement core to get this all resolved.

PM sent

Cheers,

Tim

OF

I apologize for not being available to figure this out till now, We will send out a new replacement core to get this all resolved.

Now hold on here, I'm calling for a reality check. You're apologizing for not being on line and able to deal with this at three friggin' AM? On a Friday morning? I'm reveled to find evidence you many indeed sleep after all, but there are limits to what customers can expect.

You're pushing too hard, dude, back it off a tick or two.....

Thank you again Thermovape team, anther lick ass product.

I agree, although I think you meant "kick ass product"? Ass licking is discussed on a different forum you know.....

OF

1love

I too received my power adapter and am totally stoked on it.
My question is what is the best way to store batteries? Should I store them charged or drained?
Thanks.

1love,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
I too received my power adapter and am totally stoked on it.
My question is what is the best way to store batteries? Should I store them charged or drained?
Thanks.

Always store batteries charged

SameOldTim,
Reactions: OF

pecosthecat

I hate to say it as I was such an enthusiastic advocate and early adopter of the of the Thermovape T1, but I am just about at the end of my patience with their customer support (or lack thereof). My T1 stopped working back in April. It was very bad timing given that I had hauled it with me on a trip to Amsterdam. Fair enough, these things happen. Unfortunately, the response of the manufacturer has been exceedingly slow. I usually have to send a couple emails over a 1 or 2 week period to get any response at all. I don't expect an immediate response, but one would think some feedback or acknowledgement of my query within several days would be in order. They were kind enough to send me a replacement thermocore, although it took more than 2 months to get this done. Now, I received the core about a week ago and the unit still doesn't work. I sent an email this past Monday informing them of this and that I expect the problem is the switch, but as of today, I have not received any response. Fortunately, I have several other vaporizers, so I haven't pushed the issue too hard or have been a pest sending messages every day, etc. Maybe this would have been the best approach. Certainly, if the T1 was my only vaporizer, I would really be gutted. So, since April 19 I've had a dead T1 sitting in my drawer. I really hope that the manufacturer gets off the dime and sorts out my problem without any further delay. I really am very sad and frustrated about this given that I really like the product and the fact that it is made by a small company in the USA. They have been great about developing a lot of exciting new products, but I really feel like the dropped the ball with the after sales support in my case. :(

pecosthecat,
I hate to say it as I was such an enthusiastic advocate and early adopter of the of the Thermovape T1, but I am just about at the end of my patience with their customer support (or lack thereof). My T1 stopped working back in April. It was very bad timing given that I had hauled it with me on a trip to Amsterdam. Fair enough, these things happen. Unfortunately, the response of the manufacturer has been exceedingly slow. I usually have to send a couple emails over a 1 or 2 week period to get any response at all. I don't expect an immediate response, but one would think some feedback or acknowledgement of my query within several days would be in order. They were kind enough to send me a replacement thermocore, although it took more than 2 months to get this done. Now, I received the core about a week ago and the unit still doesn't work. I sent an email this past Monday informing them of this and that I expect the problem is the switch, but as of today, I have not received any response. Fortunately, I have several other vaporizers, so I haven't pushed the issue too hard or have been a pest sending messages every day, etc. Maybe this would have been the best approach. Certainly, if the T1 was my only vaporizer, I would really be gutted. So, since April 19 I've had a dead T1 sitting in my drawer. I really hope that the manufacturer gets off the dime and sorts out my problem without any further delay. I really am very sad and frustrated about this given that I really like the product and the fact that it is made by a small company in the USA. They have been great about developing a lot of exciting new products, but I really feel like the dropped the ball with the after sales support in my case. :(
This is why I post all of my problems with the TV in this thread instead of going directly to them, the bad press from a problem in this forum usually gets them to fix the problem much quicker than by emailing them directly.

Futuretvowner,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
This is why I post all of my problems with the TV in this thread instead of going directly to them, the bad press from a problem in this forum usually gets them to fix the problem much quicker than by emailing them directly.

That's unfortunate. I honestly couldn't even find a tech support link form or email on their website when I was researching buying the product and had some questions.

but they are local to me so I know I will taken care of....

ru_frothi,

OF

Funny, that's not how I recall those posts.....

IMO intentionally raising a public stink to get special attention before giving any maker the courtesy of using the agreed to channels first has problems itself.

Something is definitely abnormal here, these pages are FULL of glowing praise on this very topic? Look at the evidence. Why should this one case be different?

OF

Top Bottom