Discontinued ThermoVape

pecosthecat

Well, I thought long and hard before posting about my problem, which started back in April and now it is mid-July. In my opinion, that is more than enough time to give the manufacturer to sort out the problem. Perhaps in hindsight, I should have been more persistent and sent many more emails, but I didn't want to be a pest. After all, I have several other vapes at my disposal. If I was located in North America I would have made some phone calls to the manufacturer. Perhaps, my problem just slipped through the cracks. These kind of things can happen with a start-up business that is growing quickly.

I most definitely am not asking for special attention. All I want is my T1 fixed and working again.

I can't comment on other people positive experience with regards to customer support. I can only comment on my own situation. I agree that there is something "abnormal" going on here. What is abnormal is that I am three months into a problem which still has not been resolved by the manufacturer.

I don't see any problem in my sharing my experience, both good and bad, on this forum. I was and am, a huge fan of the T1. One can look back at my posts and reviews on this thread. I think I have one of the first T1s sold outside of the USA and quite certain it was the first unit shipped to Asia. I like the product and I like the company. I love the fact that the product is pretty much all made in-house in the US. It is the only vape that I own that can be totally cleaned and sterilized. I travel internationally several times per month and it is nice to have a vape to bring with me on these trips.

Funny, that's not how I recall those posts.....

IMO intentionally raising a public stink to get special attention before giving any maker the courtesy of using the agreed to channels first has problems itself.

Something is definitely abnormal here, these pages are FULL of glowing praise on this very topic? Look at the evidence. Why should this one case be different?

OF

pecosthecat,

OF

Well, I thought long and hard before posting about my problem, which started back in April and now it is mid-July. In my opinion, that is more than enough time to give the manufacturer to sort out the problem. Perhaps in hindsight, I should have been more persistent and sent many more emails, but I didn't want to be a pest. After all, I have several other vapes at my disposal. If I was located in North America I would have made some phone calls to the manufacturer. Perhaps, my problem just slipped through the cracks. These kind of things can happen with a start-up business that is growing quickly.

I most definitely am not asking for special attention. All I want is my T1 fixed and working again.

I can't comment on other people positive experience with regards to customer support. I can only comment on my own situation. I agree that there is something "abnormal" going on here. What is abnormal is that I am three months into a problem which still has not been resolved by the manufacturer.

I don't see any problem in my sharing my experience, both good and bad, on this forum. I was and am, a huge fan of the T1. One can look back at my posts and reviews on this thread. I think I have one of the first T1s sold outside of the USA and quite certain it was the first unit shipped to Asia. I like the product and I like the company. I love the fact that the product is pretty much all made in-house in the US. It is the only vape that I own that can be totally cleaned and sterilized. I travel internationally several times per month and it is nice to have a vape to bring with me on these trips.

Please note I was not responding to you? Aside from the 'this doesn't fit' part, which I think both of us feel is wrong? I was commenting on the idea 'don't even bother with the approved way, just start whining here...'. There's some modest history.

Sorry for not being clear on the matter. I hope things are sorted out quickly, and am confident that'll be the case. Note the Greek fellow with the strange apparent core failure a few days back? I have to wonder if the two cases aren't somehow related.....

At the risk of repeating myself, this seem atypical for TV. IMO a separate issue.

Good luck.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Sinclue
Funny, that's not how I recall those posts.....

IMO intentionally raising a public stink to get special attention before giving any maker the courtesy of using the agreed to channels first has problems itself.

Something is definitely abnormal here, these pages are FULL of glowing praise on this very topic? Look at the evidence. Why should this one case be different?

OF
What are you talking about? There have been TONS of people with problems with their TV, minor and not so minor, in this forum. You must have your blinders on if you only see pages "FULL of GLOWING PRAISE."

Either way just another post proving your homerism/ being paid by TV.

Futuretvowner,

OF

Either way just another post proving your homerism/ being paid by TV.

It seems a few others agree with me?

Still attacking the messenger, are we? Personal attacks..... No, I'm still not being paid secretly, wanna rat me out again?

OF

OF,
It seems a few others agree with me?

Still attacking the messenger, are we? Personal attacks..... No, I'm still not being paid secretly, wanna rat me out again?

OF
And it seems a few others agree with me about you.

Futuretvowner,
Doesn't make you right. Back to the question, going to threaten me again?

That won't make you (or what you do) right, either.

OF
When did I threaten you? You need to get some fresh air man all you do is sit and post on this board all day long. It's not healthy.

Futuretvowner,

OF

When did I threaten you? You need to get some fresh air man all you do is sit and post on this board all day long. It's not healthy.

Don't make me look it up, you know you threatened to rat me out to the moderators as a shill....then did it....and failed. I was asking to cut to the chase here, but if you feel a need to grind the same axe again, go for it.

No, I'm still not secretly on the payroll, there's no fraud with my not declaring myself as an agent no matter what you'd like folks to think. IMO you're just plain old off base.

Thanks for the concern about my health, I'm sure you've fooled nobody with that one either.

I'm here to try to help others, why (aside from attacking TV and me) are you?

OF

OF,

DreamTime

I’ve been lurking in the Thermovape threads for several months now. After reading through everything I pulled the trigger and purchased the SV versions of the T1, EVO and Rev back in May and have already added a DART and an AC power supply. I probably should have posted sooner, because now I’m not even sure where to start :)

Rather than talk about the gear itself, I’ll keep it short and just say thank you to all the generous FC members that have posted so much valuable information. Ultimately, it was your comments here that convinced me to go with Thermovape.

I also want to thank Zeki and Anthony for providing awesome customer service when I’ve emailed or called Thermo Essence. The combination of Thermo Essence’s excellent products and fantastic customer service, combined with the tremendous enthusiast/support group here on FC, made my buying decision much easier.

I’ll close by saying how very gratifying it is to do business with a company like Thermo Essence that clearly understands many of us want to have a more proactive relationship with the companies that are creating all this marvelous tech, and how having that kind of relationship is a win for everyone.

DreamTime,
Reactions: OF

poonman

Hey members ,
Even though I'm still waiting for my Solo to arrive from Puffitup . ( 5 - 10 days )
I couldn't help but noticed the Thermovape is also on sale ??? for $ 250 .
It comes with the car power adapter and wall power adapter . ( this is where I was last time )
please clarify ;
that's the adapters that allows you to bypass the batteries and use straight AC power ?
and the price was $199 sans adapters before ?
last 1 ; what is the latest version I should be asking for if I want it ?

Thanx members ,
Happy Cannabizing

poonman,
Hey members ,
Even though I'm still waiting for my Solo to arrive from Puffitup . ( 5 - 10 days )
It comes with the car power adapter and wall power adapter . ( this is where I was last time )
please clarify ;
that's the adapters that allows you to bypass the batteries and use straight AC power ?

Thanx members ,
Happy Cannabizing
Hmmmm If I were you I would wait until TV has a 25% off sale. They are pretty common. Also I would buy the TV through Thermovape and not puffitup. I love PIU but they don't offer better deals on a TV than TV does. Puffitup has not updated the actual price of the TV. They are selling it at the old price and now Thermovape offers it for 200$ instead of 250$. If you wait for a 25% off discount you can get it for $150.

Futuretvowner,
Reactions: poonman

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hey members ,
please clarify ;

Thanx members ,
Happy Cannabizing
The supply with the kits with batteries is for charging only. Not even close to the needed power.
An external power supply is needed as well as adapter. There are a couple options.

Pipes

Pipes,

poonman

The supply with the kits with batteries is for charging only. Not even close to the needed power.
An external power supply is needed as well as adapter. There are a couple options.

Pipes

First off,
Thanx Future , I will monitor this thread for the sale .

Thanx Pipes ,
Yeah , they offer a battery charger also with the 2 adapters .
So the adapters act as an AC power supply ? no batteries needed .
What do you mean an external power supply is also needed along with adapters ?
I agree with battery power is never enough .

And if I'm going to order from TV , I'll just ask for their latest version :)
But I just wanted the info .....anyone ?

poonman,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Hi.. Just wanted to post something strange that happen during my last session with my T1..

I have used my T1 now about 6 or 7 times since I got it.. Been pretty happy with it overall..

Last session I loaded a little less in the bowl then normal.. Probably about 30% full when I normally load it about 60% full.. Anyway as I started my session I noticed I was not getting much, if any, visible Vape.. Did not worry about it.. But what I did notice is my T1 got HOT AS HELL. I mean almost to the point where I could not hold it... I have never had it get this hot and I was using it just the same as in the past, taking 3 or 4 min breaks after each hit... Etc(Except for the lower amount loaded i the bowl)

So could the very high heat have been caused by not loading very munch in the Bowl.. (I am not going to do that again)

Thanks!

Kuroth1,

PB88123

Vaporist
First off,

Thanx Pipes ,

I'll try to clear it up for you.

The ThermoVape T1 (the most powerful vaporizer they sell) comes in black or white

http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/kit-black

http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-v1-kit-white

It is $199.99 and comes with 6 batteries and a way to charge those 6 batteries at home or in a car.

If you want to plug in the ThermoVape T1 into an outlet and not use batteries you need to get this

http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-ac-power-supply

It is $124.99 and comes in black or white but right now black is sold out. (use the drop down menu to select what color) The $99.99 price does not come with a way to plug it into an outlet which is why it is cheaper.

The $99.99 black one isn't sold out but the $124.99 black one is sold out. That is odd.

You can get 10% off by using FC10%OFF at the checkout. You can wait for another 25% off sale and those usually come around major USA holidays.

And the summer catalog http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0106/8282/files/ThermoVape_Vaporizers_Summer_Catalog_2012.pdf?3694

PB88123,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
First off,

Thanx Pipes ,

There is an external power supply solution on TVs website. Kind of pricey but life time warranty.
I also offer a solution on ebay if you search for it. Or PM me direct.
There are some here with that power supply and adapter as well.
EDIT: Just added one as last one sold.

Hi.. Just wanted to post something strange that happen during my last session with my T1..

I have used my T1 now about 6 or 7 times since I got it.. Been pretty happy with it overall..

Last session I loaded a little less in the bowl then normal.. Probably about 30% full when I normally load it about 60% full.. Anyway as I started my session I noticed I was not getting much, if any, visible Vape.. Did not worry about it.. But what I did notice is my T1 got HOT AS HELL. I mean almost to the point where I could not hold it... I have never had it get this hot and I was using it just the same as in the past, taking 3 or 4 min breaks after each hit... Etc(Except for the lower amount loaded i the bowl)

So could the very high heat have been caused by not loading very munch in the Bowl.. (I am not going to do that again)

Thanks!
Yeah, I found if you drift away from the 90% load fill mark too far the behaviour changes dramatically.

Pipes

Pipes,

OF

Yeah, I found if you drift away from the 90% load fill mark too far the behaviour changes dramatically.

Once again, an excellent observation from the Brother from the Frozen North.....

My thought on it is if the bowl is too empty, the load tends to lift up and the hot air blows around, rather than through, it?

OF

OF,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Once again, an excellent observation from the Brother from the Frozen North.....

My thought on it is if the bowl is too empty, the load tends to lift up and the hot air blows around, rather than through, it?

OF
Some say the bowl is 1/2 full and others 1/2 empty. ;)
It's almost 40 out today. Oh, should I say close to 100 f for the yanks eh. Heat wave here and been going on and on this year. My igloo is melting.

Pipes

Pipes,

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
I'm out and about in downtown portland with my T1, and no one bats an eye when I use it- it just looks so much like an e-cig. I'm in a bar at the mo', and I've got my iphone, car keys, and T1 laying out on the table- no one bats an eye. I walked outside and did a hit- no one bat's an eye. Wait, lemme go do another (ohhhh yesssss). Until enuf of the population knows what these are, baby's got new stealthy vapin' shoes. This isn't a fanboy being religious- I'm too rational for blind faith in anything, especially a product. And it doesn't even come close to the volcano when vaping at home (edit: and when volcano usa in oakland says something's been shipped, it actually has). But for stealthy out-and-abouting, what could beat this? (edit: without making the noise of butane models).

(edit 2: the next challenge will be using the T1 during a meeting with the mayor)

(another Ed: a very nice thing about T1-mobile, compared to the mflb, is your bowl pack will stay in place and not leak once you've stashed it in your pocket)

Nick Brand,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer

Pecosthecat,

Please send me an e-mail tim@thermovape.com and i can get this sorted out for you.

All of our warranty replacements get shipped out within a week of when we talk to the customer, sometimes we have periods of high demand and this might get extended a few more days to get all the warranty replacements sent out.

I'm terribly sorry it has taken so long for yours to get to you, sometimes the postal services can take an extended amount of time.

In the e-mail please also include your orignal order number so i can find you quickly and get a replacement to you.

Cheers,
Tim

First off,

Thanx Pipes ,

Well it looks like it was pretty much answered, Thanks PB88123!

Thanks!

That sounds a little strange, it could be a couple things but ill have to diagnose it with you. Please e-mail me tim@thermovape.com and i can help a little more.

Cheers,

Tim

poonman

Pecosthecat,

Please send me an e-mail tim@thermovape.com and i can get this sorted out for you.

All of our warranty replacements get shipped out within a week of when we talk to the customer, sometimes we have periods of high demand and this might get extended a few more days to get all the warranty replacements sent out.

I'm terribly sorry it has taken so long for yours to get to you, sometimes the postal services can take an extended amount of time.

In the e-mail please also include your orignal order number so i can find you quickly and get a replacement to you.

Cheers,
Tim

Well it looks like it was pretty much answered, Thanks PB88123!

That sounds a little strange, it could be a couple things but ill have to diagnose it with you. Please e-mail me tim@thermovape.com and i can help a little more.

Cheers,

Tim

This was exactly what I was talking about on the Puffit thread today .

That manufacturers and users can survive harmoniously on FC .

Thank you Tim for showing up...again :)

poonman,

OF

My video review for this month :)

WOW!!

What a super production. What a team you've got there, so glad you can use such resources on this message. The camera man is clearly world class, the script excellent and free flowing, spotless editing and the sound man delivered perfect quality and clarity (none of that BS distracting music) and where ever did you find the Narrator with that delightful accent?

If there was an Academy Award for 'Vape Videos' (and IMO there should be long before some of the embarrassing stuff they do) you'd be in line for one of those silly little nut crackers for sure.

Now I get to wait, patiently if possible, for your next month's review. Hope it's a pip as well.....and hope I don't miss it. I bet I sneak back and watch this one a few times before then, and I know me.

Please keep up the good work, it's effective as can be IMO.

Thanks very much.

OF

Top Bottom