Discontinued ThermoVape

Futuretvowner,

Ive been brainstorming :clap: what could be the cause of the symptoms that your experiencing, ive narrowed it down so lets give it a shot to see if it helps you.

The nickel platting can develop an oxidation that isn't visible to the naked eye:freak: , it mostly develops on the battery sleeve. An easy way to clean the oxidation off is to use Vinegar:worms: . Take a 50-50 mixture of water and vinegar and allow the main body and the battery sleeve to soak in it for 30 min or so:spliff: . *Remove the batteries from the sleeve, and remove the interface/switch/core/cap from the main body*:suspicious: Dry them off and reinstall them.

Let me know if that helps you.

Tim
:goat:
My battery sleeve has visibly oxidized. I'll try the vinegar and see if it works. My hands sweat a decent amount so parts of the battery sleeve have turned almost black. When I was on the phone a while back with you guys I mentioned that but they said it shouldn't matter and it really didn't because the TV worked great even with the oxidized sleeve. For some reason now shit has just decided to hit the fan.

Futuretvowner,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Hi Tim,
Just curious...Are you referring to the outside of the battery sleeve or internally, either way a soak could help I suppose, but I am just curious for my own information. Thanks in advance for your reply...

Bluntcrush,

weedemon

enthusiast
Sorry to hear about your issues Futuretvowner. mine has not had any of these issues either.

But from reading this thread I know the washer under the switch should be pushed all the way up in there before you put the switch back in. are you doing that too?

Definitely try tightening your core. I was having the exact problems that Futuretvowner is describing, but my core had just gotten a little loose without me noticing. A quick tightening with a pair of vice grips did the trick.

I would be very careful about using vice grips, I would hate to see you chip off the nickel plating that they put on it. do you put anything between the grips and the bowl to protect it?

I use a piece of silicone whip that i bought for my mflb (an elastic, or even those silicone oven mitts should work...) i wrap it around the core, and then i can easily twist of off with my hands.

weedemon,

weedemon

enthusiast
oh ok, right on :) glad to hear :)

on a unrelated note, My replacement TV core arrived and I am back in the clouds! thank you tv!!

Peloton

Vapes Hard
To those having problems: Slide the delrin sleeve off your heater core and make sure that the base piece and housing for the core are screwed together tight. But remember, it has LEFT handed threads on this connection. When I was having intermittent heater core issues on my replacement core, I tore it apart to find this left threaded connection loose. Turns out I was overtightening my battery sleeve, which in turn was also unscrewing the base piece of the thermocore! (Because of the reverse threading).

Peloton,
Reactions: willieR

willieR

Been here since 2009
This unit really seems to be what I've been looking for. Hate to see people with problems, and their sire being down isn't a good thing. Maybe they were hacked, but no one shuts down a site for more than an hour or two at 2:00AM.

willieR,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
They are changing credit card processors. You can type in the password "vapor" and still get in and see the site. Just can't order right now. Problems with the T1 are the exception, not the rule. I also have had the left handed piece unbond. It will cause issues like this. I had to re-bond mine with a cyano based thread lock. At first I thought the Delrin sleeve was loose but further investigation showed where the looseness was coming from.

t-dub,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
My battery sleeve has visibly oxidized. I'll try the vinegar and see if it works. My hands sweat a decent amount so parts of the battery sleeve have turned almost black. When I was on the phone a while back with you guys I mentioned that but they said it shouldn't matter and it really didn't because the TV worked great even with the oxidized sleeve. For some reason now shit has just decided to hit the fan.

Futuretvowner,
Most of the time the oxidation wont cause any issues, but in those events vinegar really does the trick.:nope:

Hi Tim,
Just curious...Are you referring to the outside of the battery sleeve or internally, either way a soak could help I suppose, but I am just curious for my own information. Thanks in advance for your reply...

Vinegar is fine on the sleeve inside or out, even without diluting it will be fine for it, its just waste-full using it that strong.

oh ok, right on :) glad to hear :)

on a unrelated note, My replacement TV core arrived and I am back in the clouds! thank you tv!!

Good to hear your pleased! :cheers:

This unit really seems to be what I've been looking for. Hate to see people with problems, and their sire being down isn't a good thing. Maybe they were hacked, but no one shuts down a site for more than an hour or two at 2:00AM.

Our store should be up and running today. We were not hacked:chill: , were just changing our payment services. :buzz:

Tim

SameOldTim,

OF

They are changing credit card processors. You can type in the password "vapor" and still get in and see the site. Just can't order right now. Problems with the T1 are the exception, not the rule. I also have had the left handed piece unbond. It will cause issues like this. I had to re-bond mine with a cyano based thread lock. At first I thought the Delrin sleeve was loose but further investigation showed where the looseness was coming from.

Good to get the word on the computer issues. I hate to see good guys with money in hand hung up.

Good thought on the backwards threads. I had it happen early on, I just gronked it down tight and made a metal note to get TV to reglue it for me (as I recall the first few had very very little glue) when I take it back to get the sleeve going loose when hot sorted out (again, an early issue I think).

It'd forgotten that problem, it had gone dark and the lower sleeve had shifted up to cover the change. Good thought. A common stunt in some fields for such things is a 'witness mark'. Put a scratch across the junction of the parts at right angles to the seam and you can instantly see if it's shifted. I'm gonna do that as well. Might even be a good idea for the heat core??

OF

sessnet

Noob Saibot
My thingy unscrewed as mentioned, a few days ago. I know I had one of the first units as well.

The past few days, I've been having a problem screwing stuff off/on and the fine line when you turn to switch the threads has become almost nonexistant.

So, for the past week, half the time I try to screw off the batteries - I end up unscrewing the heater core.

What can I do to fix this since it seems it got unglued?

I have a picture if anyone wants also...

sessnet,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
You just need an appropriate thread lock compound to re-bond the bottom to the thermocore interface piece. I used a cyano based one since cyano acrylics were originally developed for medical applications. It was supposed to be used instead of staples or sutures and it is basically the same compound that mussels, and other shellfish, use to attach to docks and stuff . . . anyways mine is now bonded "forever"

t-dub,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I suppose this isn't supposed to happen? There's no way I can stop it from happening now, it's a little frustrating. This just happened the past week and I can't think of anything I did to make this happen, other than some regular use (once or twice a day).

screwedtv.jpg

sessnet,

OF

I suppose this isn't supposed to happen? There's no way I can stop it from happening now, it's a little frustrating. This just happened the past week and I can't think of anything I did to make this happen, other than some regular use (once or twice a day).

That's this backwards thread thing in action. The body for the heat core assembly is two pieces with left hand threads. When one gets too tight the other goes loose, or can. I took the sleeve off mine and tightened it "gut und tight". Just those two parts alone. Then put it back together. No problems since them, I intend to ask them to glue it again next time I visit (easy way out of finding the right glue to use, which is in this thread early on).

So, just not enough glue (they said they intentionally put the minimum on so they can get apart if they need to). And it broke loose when you tightened up the cap or battery and it will fight you until you slap it down....

OF

sessnet

Noob Saibot
That's this backwards thread thing in action. The body for the heat core assembly is two pieces with left hand threads. When one gets too tight the other goes loose, or can. I took the sleeve off mine and tightened it "gut und tight". Just those two parts alone. Then put it back together. No problems since them, I intend to ask them to glue it again next time I visit (easy way out of finding the right glue to use, which is in this thread early on).

So, just not enough glue (they said they intentionally put the minimum on so they can get apart if they need to). And it broke loose when you tightened up the cap or battery and it will fight you until you slap it down....

OF
It's pretty damn annoying... I feel bad if this happens to anyone, and they don't have access to the wealth of knowledge here. It prevented me from using my ThermoVape for a whole day!!! :cuss:

sessnet,

weedemon

enthusiast

screwedtv.jpg
just thread it on more tightly into the middle piece! i had this happen and after i tightened it on a lilt harder at the core side it`s not been an issue since! :)

weedemon,
Reactions: sessnet

OF

It's pretty damn annoying... I feel bad if this happens to anyone, and they don't have access to the wealth of knowledge here. It prevented me from using my ThermoVape for a whole day!!! :cuss:

Hey, if you asked me, I'da tolt ya.....

Sorry, you're right if it were my call we'd use more glue or even pin the sucker in. With the cover on, the pin stays in.

Nobody asked me about that either. Such is life.

Hope it gives you no more trouble, most guys buy them to enjoy not cuss at.

OF

willieR

Been here since 2009
I'm in. Just need to put a shopping list together.

I'd like a conversion kit for the T1 to a liquid vape, but what's the difference between the "Liquid Vaporizer" and the "Revolution?" There are two conversion kits.

And what's the atomizer for? Low, standard and high resistance?

willieR,

OF

I'm in. Just need to put a shopping list together.

I'd like a conversion kit for the T1 to a liquid vape, but what's the difference between the "Liquid Vaporizer" and the "Revolution?" There are two conversion kits.

A page or two back Tim said the two are similar but are optimized for different thickness fluids to get maximum service life from the heaters. He specifically said it was a bad idea to put concentrates in the Apex cart.

Enjoy your shopping.

OF

OF,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The revolution is for cannabis concentrates, the atomizers are for e-liquids. I believe the high resistance one is recommended to start. I have one but have not purchased any e-liquid for it yet, its not a high priority since I don't use nicotine.

t-dub,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer

screwedtv.jpg
Sessnet,

The we have refined the interface design to resist this from happening and now to completely prevent it. The first batch we used a sparing amount of glue :doh: to prevent it from coming out of the seam, some of these have come loose such as yours has.

To repair yours you can apply some thread locker or epoxy glue to the reverse thread area, use the strongest you can find. :spidey:

If you prefer you can contact us about repairing yours for you. Please email us at info@thermovape.com

Tim

willieR

Been here since 2009
Not sure what an e-liquid is. If you had dry keif or thick honey, you'd use a Revolution?

EDIT, I see e-liquid is a tobacco sort of product

willieR,
Top Bottom