Discontinued ThermoVape

darkrom

Great Scott!
Not sure how I feel about the pureflow. Its REALLY restrictive to the point where the amount of suction is a bit frustrating after several hits. On the other hand it does prevent any bud at all from getting through.

What is the best place to apply the water and how much?

I still need to learn a totally different technique to figure this thing out before I have a real opinion.

darkrom,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Not sure how I feel about the pureflow. Its REALLY restrictive to the point where the amount of suction is a bit frustrating after several hits. On the other hand it does prevent any bud at all from getting through.

What is the best place to apply the water and how much?

I still need to learn a totally different technique to figure this thing out before I have a real opinion.

Here are a couple of Pure-Flow Tips for use on the ThermoVape T1:

1. Make sure the air flow holes on the top cap are clean, this is the most common cause of restriction.

2. You can moisten the Pure-Flow a number of ways:
- First, remove the Pure-Flow from the T1, the mouthpiece can stay attached.
- Run it under the faucet, drip water using a dropper bottle, dunk it in water etc.
- Shake the Pure-Flow, or give a gentle blow of air through the pure flow to remove any excess water.
- Put the Pure-Flow back onto the T1 and you are ready to go.

3. The Pure-Flow is restrictive (it is a 100 micron filter) and that is just how it is. The restriction is a benefit in terms of performance. You should be able to generate vapor a little faster then wit out the Pure-Flow. the tricky part is that he vapor is cooler and smother because of the moisture conditioning. This result in you having less feedback in terms of vapor temperature during your inhalation. You have o wait and see what you exhaled to get a sense of how large your inhalation was in terms of vapor density.

I hope that helps. Please let us know how the continued testing goes.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,
Reactions: darkrom

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
In the sister "ThermoVape Revolution for Concentrates" thread, QuantumTimeSpace posted a great message showing pictures of how he stored his Revolution and batteries in a Maxposition Micro Organizer Case.

It looked like a great case, and a great idea, so I bought one. I didn't buy the micro (5.5"x3.5") version that QuantumTimeSpace bought, which isn't big enough for a T1, nor the next biggest size (the 6"x4" mini) which is just barely big enough for the T1 and a few accessories; I got the "fatty" (that's what they call it). It's 7"x5" and able to handle thicker items (it's rated at 1" thick rather than 3/4", due to the addition of a sidewall, and can bulge even thicker in the center if needed).

Here's a picture of my T1 and some accessories in the "fatty":

fatty.png

Because the design of the Maxposition cases, lots of possible layouts are possible. I chose to keep the little stuff in the top half (shown on the left in the picture), and the big stuff in the deeper bottom half (on the right). The T1 lives strapped in on the left of the bottom half. It's hard to see from my photo, but the fatty's bottom half has a 1" high side wall of fabric running all the way around, which is the perfect thickness to handle a T1 (or Revolution). Look above the red and black TightPac in the top right corner and you can get a feeling for how the fatty is able to handle thick items, edge to edge, better than the micro and mini.

To the right of the T1, held firmly by elastic straps, are four PowerPax battery holders, each of which holds four batteries; eight loads worth. To the right of the battery holders is enough free space to hold a small TightPac to hold your stash, and below it is a small Space Case grinder. I carry two TightPacs with different stashes, rather than a grinder, since I don't grind my stash for the T1, I crumble it with my fingers. I wanted to show how the grinder fits there too, even though that's not how I do it. Instead of the TightPac and the grinder (or two TightPacs), there is room to substitute the charger and its wall wart. With 16 batteries, I won't normally need or bring the charger, but I did check to make sure it would fit. If you do pack the wall wart, you should position it so the prongs are pointing right or left, not up or down (which could allow the prongs to be subject to compression stresses that can break the plastic in the wall wart). There's also a zipper running top to bottom that's hidden by the TightPac and grinder in the picture, which opens up a separate full width compartment underneath; look closely in the picture and you can see it. I haven't figured out any use for it.

I only use the top half (on the left of the picture) to hold four mouthpieces and a cleaning brush, but it can certainly hold a lot more. (Like a small vial of ISO and a few cotton swabs). The battery holder that comes with the T1 will fit under one of the larger straps, so you could put two ThermoVape battery holders and the T1 under the three big straps on the left, and use the bottom half (on the right of the picture) for other stuff. There's a key holder tucked under the flap on the left, and a hanging hook to its right. (Look to the left and right of the label). There's useful stuff on the outside which you can't see in the picture as well. Click on the blue "fatty" link at the beginning of this message to take you to the Maxposition web site if you want to see more pictures and colors and models.

I really love my T1. This case makes it better to carry. :)

Thanks homie; lemme buy a PA! :bowdown: I would go through heating elements left and right! TV how do we know when our Unit is old and burned up and unsafe to use?

biojuggernaut,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
That setup looks great. You need to get a better container for your meds/abv though. Those VacPack jars are horrible. THESE ARE NOT AIRTIGHT!! They only appear airtight because the volume of air that needs to be drawn in to open the jar is much greater than the volume that seeps in through the unsealed sides. I hate to say it, but it is one of the worst products ever..

Awesome case though.

sessnet

Noob Saibot
That setup looks great. You need to get a better container for your meds/abv though. Those VacPack jars are horrible. THESE ARE NOT AIRTIGHT!! They only appear airtight because the volume of air that needs to be drawn in to open the jar is much greater than the volume that seeps in through the unsealed sides. I hate to say it, but it is one of the worst products ever..

Awesome case though.

I will agree with GReyYAReA there, they suck because the smell will actually seep into the plastic, so even with nothing in there - they will reek! I use something like this:

pill-case-keychian-04-01.jpg

Search ebay/etc for "Aluminum pill" - and you'll see a bunch. They are airtight as heck! Also waterproof and nearly indestructible, almost like the ThermoVape itself. I have the largest one - looks almost like the one above, and I can fit almost 1/4 OZ if I smash it in there.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Here are a couple of Pure-Flow Tips for use on the ThermoVape T1:

1. Make sure the air flow holes on the top cap are clean, this is the most common cause of restriction.

2. You can moisten the Pure-Flow a number of ways:
- First, remove the Pure-Flow from the T1, the mouthpiece can stay attached.
- Run it under the faucet, drip water using a dropper bottle, dunk it in water etc.
- Shake the Pure-Flow, or give a gentle blow of air through the pure flow to remove any excess water.
- Put the Pure-Flow back onto the T1 and you are ready to go.

3. The Pure-Flow is restrictive (it is a 100 micron filter) and that is just how it is. The restriction is a benefit in terms of performance. You should be able to generate vapor a little faster then wit out the Pure-Flow. the tricky part is that he vapor is cooler and smother because of the moisture conditioning. This result in you having less feedback in terms of vapor temperature during your inhalation. You have o wait and see what you exhaled to get a sense of how large your inhalation was in terms of vapor density.

I hope that helps. Please let us know how the continued testing goes.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

Great tips. I'm going to give the cap a nice boil and cleaning today since I'm sure those little bastard holes are plugged again. I actually found a small paperclip size that works perfectly for simply poking anything out.

Is there such thing as too much water in the pureflow? Also, should I be adding it from one direction and not the other, or does it simply not matter how I add the water.

What would be interesting to me is can I set up the TV without any bud and use the pureflow to vape PURE water vapor? IDK why I'd want to do this, I'm just curious for curiosity's sake about that one.

darkrom,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Great tips. I'm going to give the cap a nice boil and cleaning today since I'm sure those little bastard holes are plugged again. I actually found a small paperclip size that works perfectly for simply poking anything out.

Is there such thing as too much water in the pureflow? Also, should I be adding it from one direction and not the other, or does it simply not matter how I add the water.

What would be interesting to me is can I set up the TV without any bud and use the pureflow to vape PURE water vapor? IDK why I'd want to do this, I'm just curious for curiosity's sake about that one.

Yes, you can have to much water in the Pure-Flow. A quick shake, or a gentle blow through the mouthpiece (with the pure-flow/mouthpiece combo removed from the T1 or Revolution) will make sure there is not a water droplet in there that could make its way down to the chamber.

Load it from either direction. Makes no difference. You can use the Pure-Flow with an empty T1 and generate humid air. The use-Flow works through accelerated evaporation. The Warm vapor evaporates off the water trapped in the pure-flow, and as a result that process of evaporating the water requires energy int he form of heat, this results in a slightly cooler vapor. The evaporated water also adds moisture to the vapor.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
That is insane - you win the award for "most prepared" ThermoVape user :)
Well about the only really weak point I have found with the T1 is that it eats batteries for lunch. And that it takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours to recharge a pair. I currently only have the six batteries and one charger that comes with the T1, and when I'm working, it's too much of a pain in the ass to always keep up with one pair in the charger, one pair in line waiting to be recharged, and one pair working in the T1. My work days are typically 12-16 hours, and I almost always find myself working with one or two friends that don't have suitable portable stealth devices, but want to vape with me since I always do. (They don't mooch; I've been working with most of them for thirty years, and they provide the load!).

At less than $35 for 10 additional (to the six that come with the T1) batteries, it was a no brainer for me. I actually ordered a second charger that comes with six batteries, and four additional batteries, so that I could charge four at a time when I get home with a bag of dead batteries, instead of two at a time. The second charger and extra batteries are on back order, not due for another week.

...You need to get a better container for your meds/abv though. Those VacPack jars are horrible. THESE ARE NOT AIRTIGHT!!...

You're absolutely right, and my next quest is to find better containers. I currently run a 1" strip of cloth tape around the seam (which isn't showing in the picture because I just put an empty one in there). Even with the tape, it's not odor tight. I'm currently vaping a hybrid called SourBand, and it is unquestionably the stinkiest stuff I've had in the past thirty years. The TightPac is not up to it at all. Great handle, btw; it's my first stop every time I go to Amsterdam, and they have the best kif there!

...I use something like this: Search ebay/etc for "Aluminum pill" - and you'll see a bunch. They are airtight as heck! Also waterproof and nearly indestructible, almost like the ThermoVape itself. I have the largest one - looks almost like the one above, and I can fit almost 1/4 OZ if I smash it in there....
I hadn't thought of metal, but I think you're suggestion is great, and will work better than plastic (which can develop a static charge, and cause the little dry bits of plant material to have a mind of their own). Ideally the pill container would be about 3/4" to 1" in diameter, and about 3" tall. (That would allow me to keep two in the kit, for two kinds). I've added a dozen cotton swabs and a 3/4" diameter plastic container filled with ISO since I took the picture. Replacing the TightPacs is next on my list. I'll do some hunting around the web and see what I can find.

Haywood,

PB88123

Vaporist
Hey Thermovape,

Have you guys considered making an official cases for the TV/Rev, like with that Apex e-cig? With the case for the T1, the middle area would be perfect to hold the rev, adapter, and AVA... or an extra mouth piece or two if you don't have all three. I'd buy one.

ThermoVape said this,

Apex Vapor is actually our sister company for e cigarettes, The aluminum case offered for the Apex UltraMax will not fit either the T1 or Revolution due to a size constraint. We are currently in the works to develop a case for our Thermo Essence products, we will publish more when we are closer to producing it.

Cheers,
Thermovape

PB88123,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
Thank you for that update. I apologies for posting without searching.. Been reading a lot but clearly I missed that. Good news!

GReYAReA,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I just ordered the Fatty Maxpedition. Thanks for the heads up Haywood, looks ideal for the TV and accessories. I found mine on a different site. Was same price $26.99 but had 25% off and $5 shipping instead of the $10 Maxpedition wanted. Ended up paying a total of $25.19 here's the site if anyone's interested:
http://www.ebags.com/product/maxped...4&adtype=pla&gclid=cnci8_fi_a4cfqvokgod4x7v5q
:peace:
Thanks for the link. I like to link to a manufacturers web site, because you can view all the different models and pictures, even though their store is usually full price. I actually bought mine on Amazon, for $23, plus $4 for same day delivery.

I've been looking around for a nice 1"-1.5" diameter x 3" long waterproof aluminum container, but still haven't found something I like. In the meanwhile, I've been using the ThermoVape battery container to hold my stuff, and it's working out very nicely. (It lives on the right side of the bottom half, where the two TightPacs used to live.) If I had room for two of them, it would be perfect.

Two of my friends and I used the T1 all day at work yesterday, and they're both "sold" on it. I turned them on to the MFLB when it came out, and like me, they discovered that after a while, it became unreliable on battery power. Theirs (and mine) still work great with the PA, but batteries are hit and miss, and you never know if its making good contact. (I suspect because the wire that goes around the negative side of the battery becomes a little loose after using the PA).

Haywood,

vapeon

Haywood, I was looking on Ebay myself for containers, lots of cheap looking one's. Here's a couple I found might be worth looking at in close to the size your looking for.
$15 each:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Pi...518?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1441de5e
This one on amazon looks just like the one above, is $11
http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Airt...1XYC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332682735&sr=8-2
4 for $21.50
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110699136687?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Another for $10
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120640718968?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

OF

Gentle Friends,

I've just spent a little 'quality time' with our common friend after it's return from loan. After an 'in case' boil (can't really be sure where it's been) and battery charge and a bit of fiddling around, I ground up a tenth of Headband (a personal fav), wiped the bowl and lid out with ISO and set in for a 'fresh taste' treat. The bud I'd been fiddling with since the boil had left a slight, but distinct, taste. So cool to 'wipe it out' so easily.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, the important bit is I've stumbled onto a neat mix idea. I'd ground it real fine (mistake, really, didn't stop in time) and after a few hits with the dump it out and mix it deal it was dry and free flowing and starting to turn color. The bulk of the taste was gone, I'm sure folks understand the point in the cycle. Instead of loosening the cap and shaking it as I normally did, I rolled it while holding it horizontally with the cap loose. Then opened it and checked, and just like the washer, it was well mixed in a turn or two. Bingo. Back the cap off a few turns, reach over it with your fingers not touching it so it turns with the unit, and using fingertips on that side and the full hand on the other roll it a few times 'the right way'. Try not to touch the cap with your palm or fingers as it turns, but if you should, no big deal it just screws back on a bit. Then simply move your fingers up to grab the cap as you spin it back on by continuing to spin the body. Easy. More than five, less than ten seconds. The core never cools off much at all, it's 'right there' again. Give it a shot, I think you'll like it.

OF

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
OF, my technique uses a washer style slow "turn", with a light tap, while I am inhaling . . . works well.

t-dub,

OF

OF, my technique uses a washer style slow "turn", with a light tap, while I am inhaling . . . works well.

Cool. I'll give it a try, thanks.

Off hand I'm guessing not a great technique where stealth is important? Heaven knows what the neighbors might think should they chance to glace in the window and see it......

Thanks again.

OF

OF,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Haywood, I was looking on Ebay myself for containers, lots of cheap looking one's. Here's a couple I found might be worth looking at in close to the size your looking for.

$15 each:

This one on amazon looks just like the one above, is $11

4 for $21.50

Another for $10

Thanks very much for the pointers! I added pictures so that everyone else would know what we're talking about without having to click on the links just to see. I embedded your original link in each of the pictures, so clicking on one will take you to the place you suggested in your original post.

The problem I ran into last night when I was searching is that 80% of the ads don't give the size of the container, and it's usually impossible to tell from the picture what the actual size is, just the ratio of width to height. The links you provided are to ads with the sizes listed, which really helps!

The first two do seem identical, but I am concerned that neither has an O-Ring. Not sure how important that is, any thoughts? The fourth example you gave does look like what I want, much like the first two, and comes with what looks like an O-Ring. I think I'm gonna order two of #4 later this week, unless something better is found. I do prefer to order from Amazon rather then ebay/paypal, so if the O-Ring really doesn't matter, I'd probably go with your #2.

I want a third aluminum container to replace the thin plastic one I currently use to hold a little ISO in the kit. For the ISO, I think a container like your example #3 is more suitable. (Or a smaller diameter version of the one that sessnet originally suggested). Is there any problem storing ISO in an aluminum container? Maybe I should just get a better plastic container for the ISO...

Any tips from everyone would be appreciated!

Haywood,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
Most of these are pill bottles and can be found (and much cheaper than the cost of some of these) at your local pharmacy. I carry two that are quite small but hold a lot and paid about 5 bucks a piece for them. Happy hunting!

Dogman,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
That is insane - you win the award for "most prepared" ThermoVape user :)
You havent seen my case yet! :brow:

I received my Pure Flow on Friday and tried it for the first time yesterday. I did notice a little cooler vapor (which at first deceived me into thinking I wasn't getting hits) but I vaped a couple of bowls outside (that could have been another factor) while I was BBQ'n with the fam, and overall I have to say that it was a nice change. (I used the vapor heat from the regular mouth piece to regulate the size of hit I was getting) With Pure flow, I think you will find it to be a cooler hit overall. I am still not getting much from "pulsing" the switch. I still leave it engaged while hitting (could be related to cooler outdoor temps I suppose) But over the next couple of days I'll try it again and report back...

:peace:
PS- I still need a link for inexpensive empty carts for my Atmos RX battery (I also got the 510 universal adapter) so any help with that would be appreciated...

Bluntcrush,
Reactions: sessnet

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Most of these are pill bottles and can be found (and much cheaper than the cost of some of these) at your local pharmacy. I carry two that are quite small but hold a lot and paid about 5 bucks a piece for them. Happy hunting!

Yep. I have a couple I picked up at Northern Tool also, they work great for preground.

Peloton,

sessnet

Noob Saibot

This is the one I bought about 2 years ago (Silver color - not that color matters, but this black might match your T1).

41auuyjj-iL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41XzroTD03L._AA300_.jpg

Can fit almost 1/4 ounce in there - depending how well ground, and how hard you want to press it down.

Says it is "1" diameter and 2 1/4" length including the top ", so anything bigger, should hold more.

It costs $6.50 - free shipping from FEEbay. Or $4 + free shipping from amazon. Check out his other stuff - he has other sizes.

One thing to note - this exact bottle has an inner plastic wall. Don't know if that is good or bad, but I use it every day, and never had a problem with it. The top has something like a mirror - which is cool if you are ever stranded on a mountain and need to signal a plane, or need to check your face (color of eyes) or something real quick. :tup:

sessnet,
Top Bottom