Discontinued ThermoVape

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I used some LR 510 carts (with poly fill filters) and they burned up on the first hit! I would like to find some that would work reliably (and aren't as expensive) because I like variety in my flavors and would like to quick change them as the mood strikes me. If anyone else has found some that work please point me in the right direction. :peace:

Bluntcrush,

druminfected

Just curious how hard is it to push the TVR lever upwards? I don't have much muscle strength and was interested in the TVR but the button looks like it might be to hard for me to push upwards. was wondering if anyone that owns one could give any feedback on this. Thanks :)

druminfected,

OF

druminfected said:
Just curious how hard is it to push the TVR lever upwards? I don't have much muscle strength and was interested in the TVR but the button looks like it might be to hard for me to push upwards. was wondering if anyone that owns one could give any feedback on this. Thanks :)

It's not all that stiff, but it's a bit awkward (you need to pinch it sort of to get traction) and you have to hold firm contact for 20 or more seconds. Sometimes I have to switch hands. There have been a few times when I've passed on the TV and used another vape.....

Bluntcrush said:
I used some LR 510 carts (with poly fill filters) and they burned up on the first hit! I would like to find some that would work reliably (and aren't as expensive) because I like variety in my flavors and would like to quick change them as the mood strikes me. If anyone else has found some that work please point me in the right direction. :peace:

My guess is it's because you're trying to run carts designed for 3.7 Volts on 6. Also you don't want Low resistance carts, you want HR if heat is a problem.

I'd contact TV, they should be able to help you on both counts....with advice if not products.

OF

OF,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I have a couple questions to the manufacturing folks.

Is there any option for an external power source such as a car battery? I can invasion a battery free handle which has a hefty built in 7 volt regulator which can take 9 or better volts in. Of course the supply rating would have to be around the 5 amp mark for the T1 chamber. The reason I ask is cause in my case I will be using in the car regularly.

Also, was thinking about getting the Persei RES atomizer and would be nice if the outside barrel matched the T1 handle. (Black Derlin) Will ThermoVapor be releasing a similar product any time soon?

Thanks in advance, :)

Pipes,

dopefiend

Got another brand new feature-length review for you guys, featuring an interview with the creators. Enjoy!

On this week's episode of the Web's Favourite Cannabis Podcast, the Dopefiend takes an in-depth look at one of the most exciting developments on the portable vaporizer scene since last year's release of the WISPR by IOLITE, the brand new battery-powered convection vaporizer known as the ThermoVape, which allows the user to take powerful, thick hits of cool vapour wherever you are. First we hear from one of ThermoVape's satisfied customers, DopeTriber Pecos The Cat, who takes us through the details of the vaporizer and also presents his own personal review of it, before the Dopefiend takes us through his first week of experimentation with the ThermoVape, in which he tests it in a crowded supermarket and through the streets of London with some Iced Grapefruit and Jamaican Pearl, before introducing it to fellow enthusiasts of portable vaporization technology, Jay K and Stubbs, who join the Dopefiend and Son of Gonzo on a night out at a Rodrigo y Gabriela gig in London where the ThermoVape is thoroughly put to the test and proves its ability to create huge, thick clouds of Headband vapour in no time at all, almost blowing our intrepid extreme vaping team's cover in the midst of the Brixton Academy's crowd. Next, the Dopefiend heads to Panorama Park with Squidgy Sid where the pair of them talk through the pros and cons of the ThermoVape and compare it to the other portable vaporizers with which it competes. Following a musical interlude from DopeTriber TeenagePie, the Dopefiend welcomes the ThermoVape's creators, Noah Minskoff and Nate Terry, onto the Dopecast, and talks to them about the process which led to the birth of the ThermoVape, the thinking behind its concentrate-vaporizer attachment, the Revolution, and the very personal story that led them to create this new modular portable vaporizer system. Email mail@dopefiend.co.uk, send us a voicemail, follow @dopefiend and the new Virtual VaporLounge on twitter, and check out the forum.

Download this episode here

And check out all our other awesome Vaporizer Reviews here

dopefiend,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Incidentally I had my TV completely in pieces this morning, maybe I can help. I'm thinking the black delrin sleeve on the TV1 heater core would actually slip right over the RES, as they use the identical outer cylinders in their design. I don't know if that individual delrin cover is available, but I know I'd buy one if it was to make my vaping less distinguishable from regular ecig usage. Not a common request I'm sure but it'd sure be nice for guys like you and me.

Peloton,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Peloton said:
Incidentally I had my TV completely in pieces this morning, maybe I can help. I'm thinking the black delrin sleeve on the TV1 heater core would actually slip right over the RES, as they use the identical outer cylinders in their design. I don't know if that individual delrin cover is available, but I know I'd buy one if it was to make my vaping less distinguishable from regular ecig usage. Not a common request I'm sure but it'd sure be nice for guys like you and me.
Excellent, thanks, :D

Pipes,

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
Wait a sec :uhoh: didn't I just hear mention of the awaited waterpipe adapter?! Where did it go?? When can we get them??

Chance2Vape,

dopefiend

Chance2Vape said:
Wait a sec :uhoh: didn't I just hear mention of the awaited waterpipe adapter?! Where did it go?? When can we get them??

The guys at ThermoVape showed it to me while I was interviewing them for my podcast, and it looks very cool- it just slots into the TV instead of the mouthpiece and then you can plug it into any bong downpipe very easily. Don't think it's officially released yet, but it's definitely coming very soon.

dopefiend,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Peloton said:
I have been in contact with Jenn at ThermpVape and requested if this "black delrin T1 heater sleeve" is available separately. Hopefully they can do something as I just placed a pretty hefty order with them.
If they offered the same RES with delrin option I would place order right away. (Pending pricing of course.)
Will let you know how it pans out.
:peace:

Pipes,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
dopefiend said:
Got another brand new feature-length review for you guys, featuring an interview with the creators. Enjoy!

On this week's episode of the Web's Favourite Cannabis Podcast, the Dopefiend takes an in-depth look at one of the most exciting developments on the portable vaporizer scene since last year's release of the WISPR by IOLITE, the brand new battery-powered convection vaporizer known as the ThermoVape, which allows the user to take powerful, thick hits of cool vapour wherever you are. First we hear from one of ThermoVape's satisfied customers, DopeTriber Pecos The Cat, who takes us through the details of the vaporizer and also presents his own personal review of it, before the Dopefiend takes us through his first week of experimentation with the ThermoVape, in which he tests it in a crowded supermarket and through the streets of London with some Iced Grapefruit and Jamaican Pearl, before introducing it to fellow enthusiasts of portable vaporization technology, Jay K and Stubbs, who join the Dopefiend and Son of Gonzo on a night out at a Rodrigo y Gabriela gig in London where the ThermoVape is thoroughly put to the test and proves its ability to create huge, thick clouds of Headband vapour in no time at all, almost blowing our intrepid extreme vaping team's cover in the midst of the Brixton Academy's crowd. Next, the Dopefiend heads to Panorama Park with Squidgy Sid where the pair of them talk through the pros and cons of the ThermoVape and compare it to the other portable vaporizers with which it competes. Following a musical interlude from DopeTriber TeenagePie, the Dopefiend welcomes the ThermoVape's creators, Noah Minskoff and Nate Terry, onto the Dopecast, and talks to them about the process which led to the birth of the ThermoVape, the thinking behind its concentrate-vaporizer attachment, the Revolution, and the very personal story that led them to create this new modular portable vaporizer system. Email mail@dopefiend.co.uk, send us a voicemail, follow @dopefiend and the new Virtual VaporLounge on twitter, and check out the forum.

Download this episode here

And check out all our other awesome Vaporizer Reviews here
Hey Dopefiend, I'm trying to download the podcast, but without luck. Is there a problem with the server? Is there some other way to listen to it?

TIA

:peace:

Stu,

dopefiend

Stu said:
Hey Dopefiend, I'm trying to download the podcast, but without luck. Is there a problem with the server? Is there some other way to listen to it?

Well if there was a problem, it's solved now- it's definitely working. You can download direct from this link: http://traffic.libsyn.com/dopecast/Dopecast306.mp3

You can subscribe via iTunes: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=132636486&s=143444

Or you can use the player in the top right corner of http://www.dopefiend.co.uk

All methods are totally free! Hope you enjoy the review!

dopefiend,

NewSchoolExplorer

PB88123 said:
It works best when it is warmed up. The first hit usually does this for me. Then I can take another 3 hits and be where I want. If someone needs 6+ hits in a short amount of time this device will get hot and may not be the right portable for you at this time. When there is a way to control the heat when taking multiple hits in a short amount of time then it will be the right vape for that kind of person.

To avoid this take 4-5 hits in a short amount of time. Give yourself 5-10 minutes and take another 4-5 hits.

Thanks for the input. Do you think purchasing the Revolution will satisfy me? I like visible tasty vapor but I currently have a really small oil rig and love it for its water filtered tasty hits. (Perhaps this might be the wrong thread but hopefully it might get answered) To those that have both the Revolution & T1, which one are you mostly using and why? (might be biased because of thread location, I know but I might need to get some more TV goodies soon... I might wait til the water attachment is released.

OF said:
First off, bummer. More so in that it seems your buddy could/should have warned you off when you discussed having your new TV sent to his house for 'safe keeping'. You should consider why and how that happened I think.

I think you should seriously reconsider your plans for confronting the scumbag (and his perhaps even worse buds). They're not playing by your rules, I don't think you want to play by theirs in the long run. To hazard a guess, their drug hobby has taken over their lives? That's what's driving their short term decisions or he wouldn't be robbing his own family. Nor they 'enabling' it. Lots at stake here for them, no doubt much more than your personal loss, are you sure you want to disrupt that? So you "don't like resorting to violence", and are no doubt not at all good at it, how do you think the brother and his buds view it?

I sure wouldn't expect the parasites to back off, predators don't do that. Amongst other downsides you might end up explaining to one and all (including the cops) just what the stolen package is all about. Messing with the mails is a Felony, the heat is trained to go after the details of such stuff even if they won't do squat about the brother and his friends in the end (the most likely outcome by far IMO).

As I see it, this may be an expensive but very important lesson on the real world. Handle it poorly and you could very much increase the expense of that lesson without learning any more in the process.

In other news, I'm thinking WWJD is having a little problem with water left plugging the passages. Careful drying (like a 200 degree bake) should set it right?

OF

Reading this post truly enlightened me about you OF, from your posts I knew you were educated in the field of cannabis and vaporization. After this post I can see that you are a well rounded person that is intelligent in many aspects of life. Much respect and I wish I can meet more people like yourself in real life.

NewSchoolExplorer,
Reactions: Dogman

OF

Reading this post truly enlightened me about you OF, from your posts I knew you were educated in the field of cannabis and vaporization. After this post I can see that you are a well rounded person that is intelligent in many aspects of life. Much respect and I wish I can meet more people like yourself in real life.

Wow! What can I say past 'thank you very much for the kind words'? But, no matter how many more you pile on, I'm not loaning you money......

The price on some of life's more important lessons can be dear indeed, far better if we can help each other to pause and reflect before making the same mistakes others have already paid the freight for, doncha think? We don't all have to get beat up to get wise.

As to your wish to meet good folks along life's road, spot on! It's my experience there's lots out there if you can spot them (most guys wear a facade most of the time I think, not a bad defense generally). Keep being polite and thinking along the lines above and I'm confident you'll find plenty....and they you.

Thanks again and best wishes.

OF

OF,

henry

I ordered my TV back in january and at first wasn't to impressed i think i was using the wrong draw technique and not letting it preheat enough before drawing. a long afternoon of getting my new technique down and i fell in love with it. i usually preheat about 10sec on the first hit and 5 sec on each subsequent hit, and my hits are usually a steady 15 sec draw.

so for the passed two months i have been using this technique flawlessly until this afternoon when combustion occurred. I still cant figure out what went wrong? Has anyone else combusted in there TV? i just boiled the heating core,top and mouth piece to get the nasty smoke taste out. im letting them dry now and will report back how my next bowl goes.

henry,

NewSchoolExplorer

HELP HELP HELP

Today I was using my thermovape and I was looking at the coils to check if they are both heating. I looked and only one was heating up and then no more. I switched batteries and checked again and yet again one lit up. My first pair of batteries were charged within a few minutes so there was POWER it just did not want to work. After a few super slow draws (TV worked with one coil but just has to hit really slow) but I didn't feel anything.

I proceeded to unload the chamber and look at the core, and nothing was heating up. I checked if everything was properly fitted and it was. I even changed the position of the batteries (++ to --) and no luck.

After about a half hour, I tried again and one coil turned on for a few seconds and than it stopped. (weird right?, to not work than turn back on for a few seconds and back to not working,) Now none of the coils are working and I also removed the switch and placed it back in making sure that it was seated properly. I ran out of ideas on what might be causing this unit from turning on. I have sent an email to info@thermovape.com and received no reply (this was only stating that one coil lights up early on today).

What should I do? (Should I send another email explaining that neither coils are working?)

NewSchoolExplorer,

PB88123

Vaporist
so for the passed two months i have been using this technique flawlessly until this afternoon when combustion occurred. I still cant figure out what went wrong? Has anyone else combusted in there TV? i just boiled the heating core,top and mouth piece to get the nasty smoke taste out. im letting them dry now and will report back how my next bowl goes.

Did you see ash or was it black specs? You may have put too much in and combined with a slow enough draw an area got too hot.

or

At the end of a bowl when emptying it I've had times where a small piece will fall into the heater core and the next time I turn it on the piece will combust and smell bad. It didn't combust in the bowl but down in the heater core. A quick boil or rinse in the sink will fix that. Then I dry it out and pack a new bowl.

HELP HELP HELP

Today I was using my thermovape and I was looking at the coils to check if they are both heating. I looked and only one was heating up and then no more. I switched batteries and checked again and yet again one lit up. My first pair of batteries were charged within a few minutes so there was POWER it just did not want to work. After a few super slow draws (TV worked with one coil but just has to bit hit really slow) but I didn't feel anything.

I proceeded to unload the chamber and look at the core, and nothing was heating up. I checked if everything was properly fitted and it was. I even changed the position of the batteries (++ to --) and no luck.

After about a half hour, I tried again and one coil turned on for a few seconds and than it stopped. (weird right?, to not work than turn back on for a few seconds and back to not working,) Now none of the coils are working and I also removed the switch and replaced it making sure that it was seated properly. I ran out of ideas on what might be causing this unit from turning on. I have sent an email to info@thermovape.com and received no reply (this was only stating that one coil lights up early on today).

What should I do? (Should I send another email explaining the above like now non of the coils are working?)

Take everything apart. Unscrew the heater core. Take the switch out.

First take the switch and the switch o-ring. Put the o-ring in and then the switch. Make sure the switch is pushed all the way in.

Then take the thermocore and screw it in. Get a grippy thing and really screw it on nice and tight.

Put in 2 batteries and see if both light up.

When I've had problems it's because the thermocore wasn't screwed in or it's because I didn't put the switch in first and that was not in all the way.

PB88123,

NewSchoolExplorer

PB88123 said:
Take everything apart. Unscrew the heater core. Take the switch out.

First take the switch and the switch o-ring. Put the o-ring in and then the switch. Make sure the switch is pushed all the way in.

Then take the thermocore and screw it in. Get a grippy thing and really screw it on nice and tight.

Put in 2 batteries and see if both light up.

When I've had problems it's because the thermocore wasn't screwed in or it's because I didn't put the switch in first and that was not in all the way.

I did check out the switch n o-ring
Used a rubberband to unscrew the core and back in
And changed a fresh pair of batteries and no luck

Any other suggestions? I hope someone from the TV team can help me out.

NewSchoolExplorer,

weedemon

enthusiast
just wanted to say I cleaned my thermovape for the first time ever. It was still going strong, but I figured I might as well give it a go! the process took be 2 hours from beginning to finish and vaping with it again. I did the rev and the TV1 at the same time.

Washed the cores in a solvent. and let them soak in it for a for 10 minutes. put a pot of water on the stove to boil. once i had soaked them in solvent I cleaned them the best i could using qtips and tooth picks. then i boiled them for 10 minutes too. after that 30 min in the toaster oven at 300 after that let them cool blow air though them no water came out so i tested them.

To take of and put on the core. (its tight) I used my mflb silicone whip. I warped it around the core's bowl and it unscrewed very easily! an elastic band would have worked too!

they are rockin strong! Easy and I'm glad i did it. I feel i know mt TV1 better now I know how to completely take it apart like that.

looking at the glowing internal core was very cool! :)

weedemon,
Reactions: Stu

henry

pb88 it was definitely full combustion, there wasn't even any bud left in the bowl just ash. i have vaped two bowls since i cleaned it out and it seems to be going good.

henry,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
Opened up my unit because I heard some light rattling from bits fallen through the holes. Taking off the core is pretty easy once you figure it out, sure enough I had a bunch of bits that I just blew out but what I saw inside got me thinking about how this and the RES are so similar, then I got to fiddling that resulted in what you see below.

71hbh5.jpg

Liking the way it looks.Makes me think that maybe an oil tank system can be made up with a new style cartridge that can suck up the oil directly into the heating element. 5 grams of oil could probably fit in the tank and a new piece would just need to be make that makes a seal about the cartridge so no leaks up top if the oils viscous enough. I'd call it the ThermoTank. :D

BudBuddy,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Sorry if this was discussed before, but does this work with the T1, and if so, is it OK to use an outlet based USB charger with it?

Thanks!

http://www.madvapes.com/Smok-Tech-5-Volt-510-Manual-USB-Passthrough_p_3059.html
I don't think the normal pass throughs would work as two much power would be needed for the T! and more then likely the REV as well. Myself, was thinking about a 12 to 6 V adapter for the car or for an external supply but would have to have at around 4 amps or more to be safe.
Generally USB is around the .5 Amp mark. Also, if you try it plugged into a PC or Laotop, you would likely screw up the power supply.

Pipes,

bruno13

insomniac
Sorry if this was discussed before, but does this work with the T1, and if so, is it OK to use an outlet based USB charger with it?

Thanks!

http://www.madvapes.com/Smok-Tech-5-Volt-510-Manual-USB-Passthrough_p_3059.html

No I don't think that would work. It is only 5 volts. I actually have that passthrough. The rev needs 6-7 volts and alot of current. I think the rev would draw too much current. I used this with my 3 ohm omicron carts and it works well. I am using an iPad 10W 2.1A usb power cube. I think the rev would draw too much current and over tax it.

bruno13,
Top Bottom