Discontinued ThermoVape

OF

The taste of the herb is so pure with the TV, that once in a while I will use it at home just to get that flavor instead of one of my harder hitting vapes.

Excellent point. I fully agree. With even a quick wipedown of the bowl and cap with a bit of IPA it usually comes up 'squeaky clean' for a pure taste test (and attendant enjoyment there of...). In a more civilized society you'd be able to bring yours into the dispensary to evaluate strains. Heck, the better dispensaries would provide them....which fully charged batteries of course.

I scraped some gunk off of my mouthpeice this morning...super gunky stuff. I rolled four or five tiny bits into a tiny ball, and now have a small booger of ThermoVape hash!

I will keep on building it up - then hopefully just pop it into the Revolution!

ThermoVape boogers for the win! :rockon:

Sounds like a great plan for destroying the evidence before it can get you in trouble, sound planning. It occurs to me that not all guys have the volume you do, it will take them a long time to accumulate much and in the mean time the threat is just sitting there.....

Seems to me like a civic minded guy like you might consider letting other guys mail theirs to you instead? You could dispose of it for them, avoiding further problems for them?

OF

OF,
Reactions: sessnet

mestizo

FWIW I've been called a shill for complaining about bad tastes from another portable...if anyone would find a horrid taste it would be me IMO, and the TV is easily one of the tastiest vapes I've used, which was a very pleasant surprise. The only time I get a bad taste is if I grind the bud too small and let some fall into the heater core. Then yes, charring bud will taste like charring bud but you can just run a "dry cycle" to burn that all out. That really doesn't happen now that I just use larger nugs in it.

The taste of the herb is so pure with the TV, that once in a while I will use it at home just to get that flavor instead of one of my harder hitting vapes.

The TV filled my portable needs quite well and I am very glad to have it. I took a chance knowing that I am apparently picky, but I am fully satisfied and feel like I got my portable needs covered nicely.
I'm a person sensitive to smells and taste and found out other people felt the same about the initial taste on the revolution, that's why I asked about the TV1 but apparently nobody has anything negative to say, that's good, the Revolution is advertised as having an initial taste that goes away with oxidation of the ceramic and I happened to noticed.
I just ordered the TV1, I know I wont be dissapointed.
Thanks for your reply, is good to hear from people like you who have had similar experiences.

mestizo,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Seems to me like a civic minded guy like you might consider letting other guys mail theirs to you instead? You could dispose of it for them, avoiding further problems for them?
OF

OF - you always have everything worked out. It's nice to have someone who is always one step ahead of the curve, beating the path for the rest of us.

I appreciate your initiative to mail me offerings, you are a leader by example!

Just to cover all the bases, I know you've got some exotic MFLB that is probably contaminated, you don't even have to ask me - just mail it over with the rest of the stuff (but you already knew that, I bet).

sessnet,

OF

OF - you always have everything worked out. It's nice to have someone who is always one step ahead of the curve, beating the path for the rest of us.

I appreciate your initiative to mail me offerings, you are a leader by example!

Just to cover all the bases, I know you've got some exotic MFLB that is probably contaminated, you don't even have to ask me - just mail it over with the rest of the stuff (but you already knew that, I bet).

OK, I get it. Some of us are expecting our rewards in heaven, others working on a more immediate delivery?

Keep it up lad, you make me smile....thanks for that.

OF

OF,

vapeon

I recently bought a used TV. I also ordered the atomizer, which works great, and will be getting the revolution for it. My problem is I'm not getting much off the TV. I have read most of this thread other then some jumping around here and there.
Anyway, I have boiled the thermo core and top cap. Checked resistance on switch, 0 ohms, thermo core is 1.3 which is what it's supposed to be. Checked o-rings, seating, airflow, etc., made sure core is threaded in all the way. I have tried many different things, fresh batteries, different batteries, 4 types of herb, all very dry, fine and coarse ground. Different ways of inhales, followed the directions from OF's post #1936 to a tee.
The only way I can get anything out of this so far is hard fast huffing and puffing and then along hard inhale, it tastes burnt and isn't alot of vapor. The last bowl was the first one i got browned. it seems to get hot enough but won't put out. Any buzz is very slight. I emailed Thermovape and they pointed me here, not realizing i was already a member and had read most of this thread. I emailed previous owner, he said he was having the same problem.
The efficiency is nowhere near my other vapes, can't get a buzz off of full bowl, this thing just flat out doesn't work and tastes nasty when you do get anything. From reading the thread I know they work and produce but can't get this one too. I'm leaning towards the thermo core not working right. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

vapeon,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Sounds broke :/ That or someone needs top take a better look inside. Are you close to the factory by chance?

sessnet,

vapeon

Sounds broke :/ That or someone needs top take a better look inside. Are you close to the factory by chance?
No, From Minnesota. I've rechecked everything pretty thoroughly. I'm very mechanically inclined so really can't figure what I'm missing here if anything.

vapeon,

PB88123

Vaporist
I recently bought a used TV. I also ordered the atomizer, which works great, and will be getting the revolution for it. My problem is I'm not getting much off the TV. I have read most of this thread other then some jumping around here and there.
Anyway, I have boiled the thermo core and top cap. Checked resistance on switch, 0 ohms, thermo core is 1.3 which is what it's supposed to be. Checked o-rings, seating, airflow, etc., made sure core is threaded in all the way. I have tried many different things, fresh batteries, different batteries, 4 types of herb, all very dry, fine and coarse ground. Different ways of inhales, followed the directions from OF's post #1936 to a tee.
The only way I can get anything out of this so far is hard fast huffing and puffing and then along hard inhale, it tastes burnt and isn't alot of vapor. The last bowl was the first one i got browned. it seems to get hot enough but won't put out. Any buzz is very slight. I emailed Thermovape and they pointed me here, not realizing i was already a member and had read most of this thread. I emailed previous owner, he said he was having the same problem.
The efficiency is nowhere near my other vapes, can't get a buzz off of full bowl, this thing just flat out doesn't work and tastes nasty when you do get anything. From reading the thread I know they work and produce but can't get this one too. I'm leaning towards the thermo core not working right. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

With it empty and the top cap off turn it on and look at it. Is it bright orange? Do both coils light up?

With it empty put the top cap back on with the mouth piece in it and inhale. Does it feel restricted?

Fill it half full and give it a 7 second warm up and then inhale for 20 seconds. Do that 2 times and see if you exhale vapor.

The other night I had a little left in my grinder so the TV was half full and it still kicked my ass.

PB88123,

vapeon

With it empty and the top cap off turn it on and look at it. Is it bright orange? Do both coils light up?

With it empty put the top cap back on with the mouth piece in it and inhale. Does it feel restricted?

Fill it half full and give it a 7 second warm up and then inhale for 20 seconds. Do that 2 times and see if you exhale vapor.

The other night I had a little left in my grinder so the TV was half full and it still kicked my ass.

Thanks for the replies guys.
I'm at a disadvantage never having seen a new one lit up, but as i look at the coils it looks like one is lighting up all the way but the other one isn't near as orange. That's what leads me to believe it's faulty, just doesn't look right.

The air flow seems ok, no restriction.

Did exactly that 2 times, no visible vapor, slight taste.

Well at least someone got their ass kicked. :peace:

vapeon,

PB88123

Vaporist
Thanks for the replies guys.
I'm at a disadvantage never having seen a new one lit up, but as i look at the coils it looks like one is lighting up all the way but the other one isn't near as orange. That's what leads me to believe it's faulty, just doesn't look right.

The air flow seems ok, no restriction.

Did exactly that 2 times, no visible vapor, slight taste.

Well at least someone got their ass kicked. :peace:

Here you go

ztSEl.jpg

If one isn't lighting up all the way I would unscrew the thermocore and take out the switch. Then I would make sure the oring is in and then push the switch all the way back in. Then I would take the thermocore and use a grippy thing to help screw it in tightly. If it still isn't lighting up correctly it may be faulty.

PB88123,

OF

Sound advice above. If both coils glow it's almost surely putting out the 30 Watts needed. It won't get any better. Likewise, air going through is going to carry heat subject to how the user draws, the only problem I can see is too slow a rate (but you can usually pull harder for better flow). Fine enough herb that's dry enough and exposed to enough heat has to vape. It's the law, right?

Something else has to be in play, all the right pieces are here.

At the risk of repeating myself (again....) here's my system. First off, think about what you need to do. Heat herb to the magic temperature. To do so, you need to get hot air to move where you need it at the right rate and temperature. This is more like a Vapor Genie than a MFLB or any other vape you might consider using as a model.

So here's the drill I use. Fresh batteries, fine grind, dry, half to 2/3 full. Turn it on, let it heat for a LONG time, you want the heat core plenty hot, say 10 or more seconds. Then start a 'medium fast' pull. Aim to fill your lungs over 15 or 20 seconds of steady pull. The idea is to move the hot air in and through the load, it's going to take a lot of it over time, there's some metal in there too. Exhale and go again keeping the heat on. The mouthpiece should warm up and taste (but no visible vapor) should start about now. Keep at it, we still need more heat. Eventually you'll start to get real vapor, time to slow the pull to control the heat and production. Stay on the strong side of it so it doesn't cool much. This might take a third of the total battery charge until you get good at it, some guys will use weaker batteries to this point then quickly change fresh ones in for the main event. You need to shake or otherwise mix the load between hits after vapor starts or you'll never get much as only a small bit of the load will 'see' the hot air. The air will 'track' up the same route overcooking the herb along the walls while missing the bulk of the load.

You need more heat than you think you do probably. Don't be afraid of going too hot, it's easy to clean up afterward and you need to know where the limit is. Best vaping is just under that point. No vaping worth having happens much below it, only discharging batteries, still green herb and headaches. That you've got right now, right?

FWIW I think the chance of a unit that lights both sides (or even only one....) being unable to deliver vapor with proper technique is just past 'no way Charlie' on the probability scale of life. I'm confident you have a technique issue.

Keep at it, cowboy.

OF

Edit: I just saw the photo above, IMO you've got no problem. The cores are hand made (I met a couple of the owners of those very hands in fact), don't expect symmetry. What's in play is called 'the kiln effect', IR is bouncing all over in there, that's what actually heats the air, not direct contact with hot elements.

OF,

vapeon

OF,
That's not my photo.
I am currently doing what you suggested, working a little better, will keep working on it and see how it goes. Thanks.

vapeon,

OF

OF,
That's not my photo.
I am currently doing what you suggested, working a little better, will keep working on it and see how it goes. Thanks.

Sorry, my mistake, still looks OK though.

Glad you're having some improvement. Keep at it, guys with a lot less going for them than you or I do this all the time you know...... Like I said, just for the experience why not try to trash a load? You'll find out how really hard it is in this machine. There's a reason so many happy owners are out there, and so few used units for sale.

OF

OF,

vapeon

Sorry, my mistake, still looks OK though.

Glad you're having some improvement. Keep at it, guys with a lot less going for them than you or I do this all the time you know...... Like I said, just for the experience why not try to trash a load? You'll find out how really hard it is in this machine. There's a reason so many happy owners are out there, and so few used units for sale.

OF
Well, already heard back from Thermovape, they are sending a replacement core. Great customer service. Also ordered revolution and more batteries, this thing does eat them up on TV mode anyway. Will let you know how much better it works with new core. :) Happy vaping.

vapeon,

OF

Well, already heard back from Thermovape, they are sending a replacement core. Great customer service. Also ordered revolution and more batteries, this thing does eat them up on TV mode anyway. Will let you know how much better it works with new core. :) Happy vaping.

Great, please do keep us posted? A good test to run, of course, but last I heard replacing the core hadn't fixed any units with this set of conditions. No total failures (obviously not us here), no 'weak cores' that lit normally and five total cores that didn't light on one side (worked still, but were low production). I could, of course be all wet with that (happens more often as I get older you know....).

Anyway, I hope you keep at it, IMO it's a skill worth learning. Please let us know?

Thanks.

OF

OF,

vapeon

Great, please do keep us posted? A good test to run, of course, but last I heard replacing the core hadn't fixed any units with this set of conditions. No total failures (obviously not us here), no 'weak cores' that lit normally and five total cores that didn't light on one side (worked still, but were low production). I could, of course be all wet with that (happens more often as I get older you know....).

Anyway, I hope you keep at it, IMO it's a skill worth learning. Please let us know?

Thanks.

OF
Yes, you're technique helps a lot, regardless of whether the core is bad or not, I don't know. It does seem to be lit on only one side, very weak on other side. By the time of your previous post they already emailed saying they were sending replacement. I know I have a lot of learning yet on my technique, will be interesting to see what happens, will let you know.

vapeon,

OF

Yes, you're technique helps a lot, regardless of whether the core is bad or not, I don't know. It does seem to be lit on only one side, very weak on other side. By the time of your previous post they already emailed saying they were sending replacement. I know I have a lot of learning yet on my technique, will be interesting to see what happens, will let you know.

Great, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you....unless I need them to vape of course.....

OF

OF,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Well we have been hard at work over here at Thermo HQ. We have been listening to the forum community and today we are announcing the release of several new products!

Importantly for those of you that have been following this thread you will notice that several of these new products were requests from forum members, you asked, we listened, and the result are some great new accessories for the ThermoVape T1 and ThermoVape Revolution.

The ThermoVape T1 Glass Adapter.
The T1 Glass Adaper simply replaces your ThermoVape T1 mouthpiece, and takes only seconds to insert onto the ThermoVape T1. This precision machined FDA approved Delrin adapter will create an air tight flexible seal to any 14 to 18 gauge down stem. The design is also built to work with other glass configurations.
ThermoVapeT1GlassAdapteronBubbler.jpg

ThermoVapeT1GlassAdapter11.jpg

For all the details check out the T1 Glass Adapter on our website:T1 Glass Adapter Black Delrin.

ThermoVape T1 Glass Adapter in Virgin PTFE

PTFEGlassAdapteronThermoVapeT11.jpg

PTFEGlassAdapteronThermoVapeT1.jpg

Check out the Details: ThermoVape Glass Adapter - PTFE

Glass Adapter for the ThermoVape Revolution.
The ThermoVape Revolution Glass Adapter simply replaces your Revolution mouthpiece, and takes only seconds to insert onto the Revolution. This precision machined FDA approved Delrin adapter will create an air tight flexible seal to any 14 to 18 gauge down stem. The design is also built to work with many other glass configurations.
We use a newly developed tubing for medical applications, this tubing does not kink, is incredibly pure and imparts no flavor to the vapor, and extremely durable, simply the highest quality tubing available for his application. This tubing was developed as a new formulation of TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) tubing developed for fluid transfer in the biopharmaceutical industry:
Atomizerfrontimage12.jpg
DelrinGlassAdapterWithbubbler.jpg

For more detail check it out at: ThermoVape Revolution Glass Adapter - Delrin

The ThermoVape Revolution Glass Adapter is also available in High-Temperature PTFE
DSC_0368.jpg
PTFEGlassAdapterRevolutiononBubbler12.jpg

Click for more info about the Revolution Glass Adapter in PTFE.

Non-Stick Vapor Tool:
And for those of your that requested a tool for loading the ThermoVape Revolution, stirring yourThermoVape T1 bowl, or other uses (works great for gleaning out grinders as it will not damage or dull the blades), here is the ThermoVape Non-Stick Vapor Tool. The ThermoVape Non-Stick Vapor Tool handle is procession machined from Surgical Grade Stainless Steel. The Stainless Steel handle is then precisely fit to a small tip made of PTFE. PTFE is a FDA approved high temperature plastic. This material is perfect for use in a vapor tool because it will not damage the finish on your ThermoVape vaporizer. Also PTFE (trademarked as Teflon by DuPont) is a natural non-stick material, this means that even if you are using very sticky essential oils or concentrates the Non-Stick Vapor Tool will wipe clean, every time:
ThermoVapeNon-StickVaporToolwithRevolution11.jpg
ThermoVapeRevolutionBlackwithNon-StickVaporToolinHand.jpg

Want to see more click here: ThermoVape Non-Stick Vapor Tool

Pure-Flow Filter and Moisture Conditioner:
Finally, as a direct request of some of the medical users on the forum we have built the Pure-Flow Filter and Moisture Conditioner. The ThermoVape Pure-Flow Filter and moisture conditioner is designed for the expert vaporizer user. It provides direct inline filtration using a medical device grade ceramic with a 100 micron pore size. This traps all but pure vapor from the flow path. The porous ceramic can be saturated with water and it functions as both a filter and a moisture conditioner.
Pure-FlowWhiteandBlack1.jpg

Pure-FlowBlackonRevolution.jpg

For ore information click here - Pure-Flow Filter and Moisture Conditioner

We hope you enjoy these new products and please ask us any questions your may have on these new ThermoVape Accessories.

Also, WE ARE CHANGING OUR COUPONS. The FCSHIPFREE coupon will be changed to FC10%OFF this will be good for 10% of any purchases.

Any other existing coupons related to shipping will also be converted to 10% discount coupons. This should serve the same function of offsetting th shipping cost on any purchase.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to your feed back on these new product!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

vapeon

Wonderful new accessories. Those adapters are the stuff. Wish this would have come out yesterday before I placed my order. Great job, what a company.

vapeon,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Wonderful new accessories. Those adapters are the stuff. Wish this would have come out yesterday before I placed my order. Great job, what a company.

Thank you!

We may not have shipped your order if it came in yesterday. Shoot us an email at info@thermovape.com if there is anything we can do for you.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

vapeon

For any Solo owners I know this isn't the Solo thread, but FYI the mouthpieces for the Thermovape also fit inside the solo stems. I have 4 stems, fits pretty good in all, some better than others. Point is these new adapters could also be used with the Solo quite well I believe. Also posted on Solo thread about this. :peace:

vapeon,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Definitely getting a glass adapter, they look great! I love the fact they're universal for sizes.

Peloton,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Will the moisture conditioned mouthpiece work with the T1 as well as the Revolution?

Gonzo,
Top Bottom