Discontinued ThermoVape

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I think I see what you mean - thanks!

Wondering if the Revolution piece has it's own also.

sessnet,

OF

sessnet said:
I think I see what you mean - thanks!

Wondering if the Revolution piece has it's own also.

I think we may be talking past each other? Yes, my Revolution has a number, no it's not 'it's own' or so it seems (same format). My bet is the parts are numbered as made and used where needed.

I don't think you can look at a S/N and say 'that's a TV or that's a Revolution' based on the number (they might if their records are good enough, but anybody can shift them around.

OF

OF,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
OF said:
MarcellusWiley said:
about the serial # as well :

if you look REALLLY REALLY closely underneath the T1 on the bottom of the battery sleeve, engraved in the silver is a small small serial number, mine reads 001308, so i assume that is the serial #

i was also the #1200 order, so it leads me to believe they had 108 testers/dummies :p

I'd be careful making assumptions, those parts are used in several places. By way of additional information, my TV (which was one of the very first bought) came without serial number. A few weeks later I got my Revolution, it has that same series six digit number, but it's not on a TV (the tubes are the same part).

My guess is somewhere along the line they started numbering the tubes.

As I understand it, Beta testing has been going on for a year or so, for sure most of those guys got their test units before my retail one and therefore probably had no serial numbers. And I don't think #1308 means there were 1307 TVs before it, at least one of those number (0007XX) is on a Revolution, not a TV.

OF

oh yea I don't really think it means anything :p I just thought it was fun to think maybe they numbered them that way. Order 1200, thermovape body 001308 :p.

and from what I understand. the body/sleeve for the battery (which is where the number is located) is the same for the revolution kit and thermovape kit, right?

mine is from a revolution kit if that makes any difference

MarcellusWiley,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Yeah, that's what i meant, just a number in general. Where is the one on your Revolution? I didn't see one on mine, but will check tonight.

sessnet,

weedemon

enthusiast
regarding mouth pieces, I do prefer the rev tip on my TV1 over the TV1 mouthpieces that are less restricted. I think the restriction does let the heat build up more. also while i think the metal tip looks awesome i hate how hot it gets lol! I have started to need to use lip chap cause the warm mouth pieces are drying my lips out! a small price to pay for a great device.

I think I am going to put a mflb whip on the mouth piece and see about cooling my mouth that way. i dont have it here with me or else id already be on it! :p

I find after 3 or 4 good hauls off the TV1 I have the herb looking pretty much cached. I keep hitting it,(and can still taste it) but the colour changing pretty much stops there.

weedemon,

OF

MarcellusWiley said:
and from what I understand. the body/sleeve for the battery (which is where the number is located) is the same for the revolution kit and thermovape kit, right?

Yes, that's my understanding as well. Same part. The maker already makes two smaller E-cig units on the same format. Kind of cute, really. I don't think they have S/Ns, could be wrong. I think the larger body used on Revolution and TV is new to the TV because of it's very very large power needs (the smaller units aren't up to it). My guess is somewhere along the line they decided to start numbering them (probably for registration/warranty reasons through their wholesale/retail chain. They probably are just unique numbers (like in a checkbook) and depend on a data base to make sense of.

Or not.

sessnet said:
Yeah, that's what i meant, just a number in general. Where is the one on your Revolution? I didn't see one on mine, but will check tonight.

On the bottom, below the t1 mark in the center, above 'vape' at the bottom.

OF

OF,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
OF said:
OF

Hmmm I meant the actual piece that says Revolution...now we're getting all confused :p

sessnet,

Soulhunter

Have tried one more bowl, and the performance is like advertised. it works.

But i am realy conserned about the plastick/rubber taste i get when the unit gets hot.
I have played around with it a bit without herb, and there is no taste aslong as the unit is still cold, first 2-4 hits. But once it gets hot it taste realy nasty. I dont think it is safe to use the unit when it is realy hot, so hot that it starts to hurt when u turn on switch.
I tried to take off the delrin sleeve that sits on the heater part, but that did not change anything.

And i dont like how short battery life it got. Makes the t1 a ego trip. Witch is not cool when u got a shiny new gadget :p hehe.

Looking foreward to try the Revolution though ;)

Soulhunter,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Interesting, no serial # on mine either. It just says "Thermo" then "T1" then "Vape" and thats it. Cool! :D

@Soulhunter, keep at it, as your technique improves you will use less batteries and get better results. If you are trying to chase down a taste issue I would boil your thermocore, top cap and possibly the thermocore interface, dry them out, and try again. Made a big difference for mine, everything seemed to "settle" in as it were . . .

t-dub,

weedemon

enthusiast
same here, no serial either! We are "pre serial" maybe?

I dont experience this foul taste you are getting soul... :( sorry to hear you are!

weedemon,

OF

sessnet said:
OF said:
OF

Hmmm I meant the actual piece that says Revolution...now we're getting all confused :p

The body doesn't. The only place "Revolution" shows on mine is the adapter itself, It's engraved on the lower part next to the window.

Otherwise, except for the serial number, there's no difference between the battery assembly I can find.

OF

OF,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Yes that is what I meant. The small piece that says Revolution, has the window and the little leaf. I would like a serial# on those too. And I would have liked a #0001 :cool:

sessnet,

mephisto

If I can chime in about the Rev. mouthpiece, the outer ring of holes thru the bowl are covered
by the extra inner dia. of the mouthpiece. So that's -13 passages for flow.That is the way it appears
looking down into the bowl thru the tip anyhow. I do not think the mid length mouthpieces have the
same i.d. as the Rev. mouthpiece. At least the one I got is the
same bore as the other TV tips. Dammit, no serial # on my TV.

mephisto,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
mephisto said:
If I can chime in about the Rev. mouthpiece, the outer ring of holes thru the bowl are covered
by the extra inner dia. of the mouthpiece. So that's -13 passages for flow.That is the way it appears
looking down into the bowl thru the tip anyhow. I do not think the mid length mouthpieces have the
same i.d. as the Rev. mouthpiece. At least the one I got is the
same bore as the other TV tips. Dammit, no serial # on my TV.

Thanks! I've not noticed the difference, but I will give it a closer look. I asked about how much heat up time was required and I found out the answer myself: "Just keep the power on throughout your draw and then a couple of small puffs at the end... " :p I have been puffing on it since last evening! :D

Slightly off topic, but I went to a local head shop out here today (really more of a glass gallery) and I did a show and tell for the guys there of the TV and all associated attachments. They were pretty impressed. One guy wrote down the website and said he was off to order soon! ;)

Spreading the love in the Midwest!! :ninja:
:peace:

Bluntcrush,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Bluntcrush said:
Slightly off topic, but I went to a local head shop out here today (really more of a glass gallery) and I did a show and tell for the guys there of the TV and all associated attachments. They were pretty impressed.

Same experience at my local "dispensary". I also warned them that the T1 is not a party vape, a pass around vape, and that you weren't going to flash it out and convert all of your friends to vapor with it. The T1 is really more of a personal medical device than a recreational thing, which suits me perfectly. Its about getting medicated, easily, anywhere, with flowers.

t-dub,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
t-dub said:
Bluntcrush said:
Slightly off topic, but I went to a local head shop out here today (really more of a glass gallery) and I did a show and tell for the guys there of the TV and all associated attachments. They were pretty impressed.

Same experience at my local "dispensary". I also warned them that the T1 is not a party vape, a pass around vape, and that you weren't going to flash it out and convert all of your friends to vapor with it. The T1 is really more of a personal medical device than a recreational thing, which suits me perfectly. Its about getting medicated, easily, anywhere, with flowers.

+1 for me too, although I recently tried the revolution and it is great for a fast bit of medicine (and just like Quiznos M, M, M,M, Tasty!! :lol: ) Except I rarely eat fast food :uhoh:

Bluntcrush,

hogleg

will any of the people that are immediately selling their TVs comment on why ?
is it just the batts ?

hogleg,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I think the major gripe was, although it seems built like a tank, it isn't a party-type vape. Whether that is the cloud production or having to swap batteries, or unscrew, reload etc. I considered giving it up also, but luckily - I learned to use it and love it more. It eventually found it's place in my heart.

However I am still in the search for a portable that will basically be a "party vape" - only because I would like to use it many times, without having to reload batteries. The Revolution sort of fills that need, but I have a hard time getting or creating concentrates to put in the Revolution.

sessnet,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

hogleg said:
will any of the people that are immediately selling their TVs comment on why ?
is it just the batts ?

Yes, the constant charging of batteries was the deal breaker for me. Like Sessnet said above it was also the constant stirring so it wouldn't scorch. But i did love everything else about it. I like to relax while having a session. I like to pack it and forget it. That is why it is now up for sale.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

2clicker

Observer
CarlosSpiceyWeiner said:
the constant charging of batteries was the deal breaker for me. Like Sessnet said above it was also the constant stirring so it wouldn't scorch. But i did love everything else about it.

agreed

this vape has everything going for it except the batts and the stirring issue. if these were improved this thing would rule the world.

2clicker,

weedemon

enthusiast
i can deal with the opening it up and stirring it my herb is totally dry but still sticky, and won't mix if shaken until disturbed. I did it for my mflb also. I also like to pack the bowl right full. best flavour this way I find. I don't mind the rituals we develop in our use of these appliances. in fact I kind of like them. i'm a habitual person i guess :p

the battery life issue is less than ideal. i am not going to argue that. I have 4 sets of batteries, and that means 4-5 full bowls for me until I am out of juice and need to get to an outlet. It's way better on the juice using the rev adapter btw... for anyone still shopping or on the fence! I anxiously await the power adapter mod!

this isn't a party vape for sure! there is a learning curve, and teaching a group of noobs is no fun. one on one teaching though I quite enjoy people are more open and receptive when they don't have their "social walls" up.

I love this vape for just getting myself medicated though. works a treat!

i'm back to the standard mouth piece. i'm still getting good rips, but it requires more concentration... but it's harder to maintain the heat zone i think.

weedemon,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Bit the bullet after being upset I had no portables anymore. Got the thing on ebay for $250 but it had UPS second day shipping which is faster than right through thermovape I believe. Either way I should have mine in 2 days :) I didn't get the revolution because I am in a non-medical state and figured I could always add it later if I suddenly get into making my own concentrates. I hope this thing fits my needs as a portable. I would have gotten one used, but it seems like everyone pretty much wanted full cost for it...which is nuts IMO. I'd rather buy it new than save $10-20, but if the classifieds had one cheaper I'd have tried that.

Hope its what I've been looking for!

darkrom,

weedemon

enthusiast
hope you are looking for a tasty vape that you can pack about .05-.15g of herb in. I generally get medicated off of one full bowl. but will do a 2nd if I'm feeling recreational. :D

While doing this you will experience great flavour, modest-med/med large size tokes. Once in a while I get a toke that will make me cough (I cough somewhat easily under normal circumstances.)

one draw takes me about 15-30 seconds to get it from the unit. i like a 5-10 sec heating time before i run any air though it.

weedemon,
Top Bottom