Discontinued ThermoVape

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
darkrom said:
kingofqueens said:
After a week of use, I am also a bit disappointed about the battery life, but each set lasts for the whole load and the charger is very convenient to move it around.. Between home, office and the car my charger is working 16 hrs. a day constant, non-stop.. I think for frequent use best thing is to order another 3 pairs, so battery is never an issue, in the meantime carrying 6 pairs of batteries is not much fun neither.. To me the best thing about TV1 is, that its so easy to maintain, cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3, after 2 or 3 hits the job is done and thick clouds are always always there.. to me this thing is like MFLB on steroids.. If you need a "portable" vape that operates with batteries for a single person usage, and stealth is also important this is the right vaporizer for you !!

Great to hear. That is my realistic expectations. If I can get slightly better and less irritating hits with this than my MFLB, and get 1 bowl per set of batteries, that is fine by me. I'm not one to share my vapes. I'd rather share my herbs with you using your own vapes IMO.

darkrom,
While I think the MFLB and TV1 share some similar traits, (battery powered portable, near instant warm up time, one bowl per bat(s), best for solo use, etc...) the true convection design makes the TV1 a winner over the LB.

Having said that, I still cough when I use the TV1 almost as bad as when I had used my MFLB daily (and the reason for it's semi-retirement).

I hope the hits are less irritating than the LB for you, but I want to stress realistic expectations.

:2c:

Stu,

pecosthecat

I expect you will be satisfied once you get the hang of it. I find that the vapor is much smoother with the Thermovape than the MFLB. Both have a similar learning curve, although it is much easier to scorch the load in the launch box in my experience. Good luck! Much like Stu, I have also coughed my brains out with the Thermovape after taking a massive hit. However, I can take much bigger hits from the Thermovape without coughing or irritation than with the launch box.

darkrom said:
Great to hear. That is my realistic expectations. If I can get slightly better and less irritating hits with this than my MFLB, and get 1 bowl per set of batteries, that is fine by me. I'm not one to share my vapes. I'd rather share my herbs with you using your own vapes IMO.

pecosthecat,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
My coughing has gone way down from mflb to tv1, almost every large hit I took resulted in a pretty bad coughing fit but that has not happened except for the first time when I got debris in my mouth :ko:. Now though its great, I still cough on the really big hits (like obnoxiously large to show off, silly me) with the Rev but even that's few and far apart now.

BudBuddy,

JetLifeJetLife

WOW! Just got my TV1 today and I am loving it! The size is awesome as well as the build quality. Really feels like a quality unit. The hits it produces are good and taste nice. It's gonna be great for on the go.

Can't wait for the Revolution attachment to come in on Saturday!

JetLifeJetLife,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
darkrom said:
Had to contact the seller (easy vape's ebay account) about something I just noticed that is bugging me. I got it for the free 2nd day air shipping, it went out today, but the estimated arrival date is 2/7/2012. That can't be acceptable to do can it? By my calculations it should be arriving tomorrow or Saturday at the latest for 2nd day air.

If it went UPS they don't deliver on the weekend as I recall.

Sinclue,

OF

darkrom said:
If I can get slightly better and less irritating hits with this than my MFLB, and get 1 bowl per set of batteries, that is fine by me.

I too think this is a realistic expectation and almost sure to happen.

The two devices are similar in many ways, but also differ in other important ways. They do not work the same, and 'skills' on one may be counter-productive on the other. Keep an open mind, you'll do better. For instance, temperature control is basically 'backwards'. With MFLB pulling harder draws in more cool air than the screen can heat and the temperature drops, pull too fast and it stalls out. TV, OTOH, only transfers heat when you pull. The harder you pull, the more air is pulled into the core and heated then into your load making it hotter the harder you pull....it will kill you before it stalls out. You slow down the pull if it starts to get ahead of you, not speed up to keep it from combusting like the LB.

From another view, the LB produces energy as it needs it (in the screen) and uses it right then or it radiates away for the most part. TV generates and stores lots more energy than needed then draws some of that off to process the load in a more conventional manner. Both have batteries sized for their typical load, the TV needing about three times the energy uses a 'larger' battery. Much like SUVs have large gas tanks but the same range as compact cars. Load sizes are similar, both need 'tending' as used to keep the herb evenly roasted.

As I've said before, I think TV is a better match to VG than MFLB (if that's about enough acronyms for you?). Don't get fooled by the battery part, heat is heat.

OF

OF,

Soulhunter

So this piece of garbage suddenly decided not to work any more. Had a session with two friends yesterday, and today it doesent work anymore.

I am not very impressed with this company, first they forget to send out my order, and when they do a vital part of the unit is missing.
And now the heater core stops working after just a couple of uses. I dont feel very safe with only three months varanty.
And not to forget theplastic taste i get (witch once again it seems i am the only one smelling it)
Boiled the unit so it was nice and clean for yesterdays session, but that did not eliminate the taste.
Both my friends also complained about the nasty taste when unit is hot!

Edit: Customer service is super though, so no complaints there.

Soulhunter,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Soul, try making sure the switch o-ring is seated all the way inside, against the header, before you replace the switch. It easily looks assembled properly even if its not, and this can prevent you from having power to your core.

Edit VVVV Ah sorry Soul, it was worth a quick check.

t-dub,

Soulhunter

t-dub said:
Soul, try making sure the switch o-ring is seated all the way inside, against the header, before you replace the switch. It easily looks assembled properly even if its not, and this can prevent you from having power to your core.

Ok, wil check, but i doubt it ass it worked fine yesterday, and i have not taken it apart since then.

Edit: Nope, still nothing. So it is probably dead.

EDIT2: Just wtched the video on how to putthis thing togehter, and i discovered what is probably causing the plastic taste. The video says u got too screew the heater so far in that u dont see the o-ring in tha gap. Meaning u should not yavea gap jetween housing and heater.
But my unit when screewed as far ass posible there is still a gap between heater and housing. And i can see the o-ring. So as theese things are handmade i can see how someone cut a part 1/100 off and it wil not fit properly.

Soulhunter,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
darkrom said:
Whats the boiling stuff all about? Why would I have to or want to boil my brand new medical grade vape. :/

saturday delivery is not part of 2 day air. Thats a seperate shipping option so 2 business days would be monday.

ru_frothi,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Sinclue said:
darkrom said:
Had to contact the seller (easy vape's ebay account) about something I just noticed that is bugging me. I got it for the free 2nd day air shipping, it went out today, but the estimated arrival date is 2/7/2012. That can't be acceptable to do can it? By my calculations it should be arriving tomorrow or Saturday at the latest for 2nd day air.

If it went UPS they don't deliver on the weekend as I recall.

Right but if it went out Thursday (it did) then wouldn't Friday be the 2nd day? Or very VERY shitty case Monday? What is this tuesday? Did I really just get 2 day shipping that is going to take 5 days?

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Soulhunter said:
So this piece of garbage suddenly decided not to work any more. Had a session with two friends yesterday, and today it doesent work anymore.

I am not very impressed with this company, first they forget to send out my order, and when they do a vital part of the unit is missing.
And now the heater core stops working after just a couple of uses. I dont feel very safe with only three months varanty.
And not to forget theplastic taste i get (witch once again it seems i am the only one smelling it)
Boiled the unit so it was nice and clean for yesterdays session, but that did not eliminate the taste.
Both my friends also complained about the nasty taste when unit is hot!

Edit: Customer service is super though, so no complaints there.

If there is a nasty taste, we all know I'll report it and be public enemy for doing so. But I am NEVER willing to compromise safety. I am truly hoping you are a bit insane :p

darkrom,

Soulhunter

Hahaha! Yes insane indeed :D
But i hope u dont get a smelly unit. And i hope this will be sorted out with a new heater.
Time will tell.

Soulhunter,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
ThermoVape should be online soon to chime in.

I have a feeling your heater core isn't screwed in all the way, so you've got the rubber exposed (smell), and it won't make contact with the battery. But that's just a guess.

Here's what I would do:

Try to unscrew the core, you can use some rubber for a grip on the bowl, and unscrew it. Then remove the O ring.

Then, try to screw on the white ceramic all the way up on the heater core, maybe it got unscrewed a bit and it is stopping the core from being screwed on all the way.

Screw the core back on without the O ring.

Now you can quickly test if it goes on (again) and you feel the heat. If that works, put the O ring back on, and screw it back on as much as possible.

Will keep my fingers crossed.

-Pete

sessnet,

OF

darkrom said:
Right but if it went out Thursday (it did) then wouldn't Friday be the 2nd day? Or very VERY shitty case Monday? What is this tuesday? Did I really just get 2 day shipping that is going to take 5 days?

First, you need to check to see when it was actually picked up. The notice you get is generally 'label has been created' type information done automatically (even when it has a personal sounding message and a real name attached). The clock doesn't start until UPS actually has it.

Secondly, count like they do. If they got it on Thursday, Friday would be the first day, right? Monday is the second (business day) they have to deliver it. 'cept I'm betting they didn't actually get it until Friday? Makes Monday the first day, Tuesday the second?

OF

OF,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I usually just lurk here, but I just received my TV and have to throw in my 2 cents. Best. Fucking. Portable. Vaporizer. Ever!

Dogman,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Mine is coming Monday. Not an unfair shipping time, but the 2 day shipping really was my only reason to get it on ebay...so I hope I get a good unit. Easy Vape is supposed to be reliable so I'm sure all will be fine. I just wanted it this weekend BAD. That really sucks but I'll have it soon enough I suppose.

Soul Hunter I REALLY hope yours is either broken or the Oring isn't installed right or something.

What does that O-ring actually do, and should I be concerned about off-gassing? I can't imagine something could stink without putting of harmful to inhale chemicals like that but IDK. Are you literally the only person complaining of bad smells/tastes? If so chances are the unit is bad or you are doing something stupid LOL. I am trying to be positive here. Hope we both end up as happy customers!

darkrom,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
The o-rings are not in the airflow path, so the o-ring is not going to be an issue. as far as the lack of power to the heating coil, my TV had a bad switch that the TV team replaced very quickly. If you are wondering what component is bad and you have a digital voltmeter it is easy to check. Set the voltmeter on the ohms setting, and set one lead in the very center of the core input and the other lead on the threads that surround it. The coil should read about 1.3 ohms. Next remove the little black switch from the batteries make contact with in the heater assembly. The switch will come out with a little tug, just be sure not to lose the o-ring. Put one lead of the voltmeter on the small metal end of the switch and use the other lead to compress the spring until you get contact. The switch should read 0.0 ohms, if it reads any resistance at all, the switch is bad.

TV will ship a new switch very quickly, I had mine in 3 days from California to Indiana, and that included a 1 day screw up by FedEx. Do a little checking and I am sure you will find the problem.

Dogman,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Welcome Dogman, excellent advice, I just learned something this morning, thank you!

t-dub,
Ok guys I think i have a theory.....So today i decided to boil my revolution interface and everything. then after wiping it done a little i simply turn the switch on and let the heat generated dry off the water. After a couple my switch stop working. I couldn't figure out what was happening. Couple hours pass and i decide to take the switch out from my t1 to see if id would work and then it did. After further investigation i realized the switch that a sterilized this morning had water stuck in it. You could literally hear water when you press the switch. Right now the switch still isnt working but i put it on a heater with papertowel. Hopefully it helps. I will let you guys know. If not im gonna be contacting my buddies @ thermovape again. So lesson to ALL I suggest you take out your switch before boiling.

mflb_hustler,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
mflb_hustler said:
So lesson to ALL I suggest you take out your switch before boiling.

Yes a great idea for sure, I was already removing these as they didn't really need to be cleaned. I just boil the core, top cap, with mouthpiece removed but still in the boil, and sometimes the thermocore interface piece, but thats it.

t-dub,

PB88123

Vaporist
mflb_hustler said:
Ok guys I think i have a theory.....So today i decided to boil my revolution interface and everything. then after wiping it done a little i simply turn the switch on and let the heat generated dry off the water. After a couple my switch stop working. I couldn't figure out what was happening. Couple hours pass and i decide to take the switch out from my t1 to see if id would work and then it did. After further investigation i realized the switch that a sterilized this morning had water stuck in it. You could literally hear water when you press the switch. Right now the switch still isnt working but i put it on a heater with papertowel. Hopefully it helps. I will let you guys know. If not im gonna be contacting my buddies @ thermovape again. So lesson to ALL I suggest you take out your switch before boiling.

ThermoVape said this about boiling the switch.

ThermoVape said:
If you do want to boil the entire device. Remove the switch, see the video for a demonstration on how to do this:

ThermoVape Assembly Video

We make this suggestion because it is difficult to completely dry the switch, if you do boil it make sure to hit it with a hair drier or similar to make sure it is thoroughly dried.

Our suggestion, just boil the heater core and the top cap. Everything clean with a good wipe down.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

PB88123,
I don't know if this is asked before or not, but was curious.. Is it possible to use regular CR123 batteries with TV1, they are not rechargeable but each one is around 1200mAH or so, so probably a set could easily last 2 even 3 loads.. Any thoughts on that?? and the main question is, hopefully the answer is no.. if I try to use those high mAH non chargeable batteries, is there any negative effects on my TV ?

kingofqueens,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Dogman said:
The o-rings are not in the airflow path, so the o-ring is not going to be an issue. as far as the lack of power to the heating coil, my TV had a bad switch that the TV team replaced very quickly. If you are wondering what component is bad and you have a digital voltmeter it is easy to check. Set the voltmeter on the ohms setting, and set one lead in the very center of the core input and the other lead on the threads that surround it. The coil should read about 1.3 ohms. Next remove the little black switch from the batteries make contact with in the heater assembly. The switch will come out with a little tug, just be sure not to lose the o-ring. Put one lead of the voltmeter on the small metal end of the switch and use the other lead to compress the spring until you get contact. The switch should read 0.0 ohms, if it reads any resistance at all, the switch is bad.

TV will ship a new switch very quickly, I had mine in 3 days from California to Indiana, and that included a 1 day screw up by FedEx. Do a little checking and I am sure you will find the problem.

This needs to be in vaporpedia immediately lol!

darkrom,
Top Bottom