Discontinued ThermoVape

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
PB88123 said:
Chance2Vape said:
Hit up eBay bro - search this:
Tenergy 2-Bay Charger for RCR123A

and you will see a charger + car adapter for a total of $11.59 (shipped to California) I just picked one up myself! :)

Are the TV battieres 750mah or 900mah. I don't recall if it was mentioned. That charger says it is for the 900 mAh batteries and not the 750mAh so let us know if it works.

Please be careful, Tenergy also makes a 900 mAh Li-Ion battery. This is a different chemistry then the LiFePO4 batteries we send with the device, they do not work. The charger made by Tenergy for that battery will not charge the LiFePO4.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

darco

TV, I have a few questions for you:

Does the delrin sleeve expand more than the metal when heated? Curious as some users reported that the sleeve gets loose after use. Would it get loose enough for the vape to slip out when you are still holding the sleeve and its upside down? Are both the black and white materials delrin or is the white teflon? I use the Herbal Aire, which has a teflon top cap which I have noticed expands much more than the base on heating. So if the white model is teflon, maybe the expanding issue is only with the white models?

Lucky vapers here can choose the strains they vape, but around where I stay, there isnt much choice of herbs. The stuff I vape is quite dry, and crumbly, and I am certain a lot of fine particles would fall into the heater. Especially if I stir / shake the herbs after every hit as some users are recommending. Would that effect the heater performance over time?

All of the vaporizers I have used get a lot of resin buildup that catches fine particles causing the buildup to multiply fast. If not cleaned atleast once a week, this buildup startes smelling nasty. In all the pics and videos I have seen, I couldnt figure how easy or difficult is it to clean the top cap, which essentially is the entire vapor path. Could you please elaborate on this?

Does the e-cig attachment have standard 510 threads? I am a cartomizer user and dripping isn't the thing for me. Also shipping attys frequently is just too expensive for me.

Are the driptips (in vaporizer mode) of any standard size? A glass driptip might work great and provide some cooling effect to the vapor :)

Was RCR123a a choice because you needed 6V? Did you guys consider 18650 batteries? I am a big fan of the LiFePO4 RCRs for their size but the 18650s lately have had some crazy development going and their mAh ratings have been going up quite quickly. I think AW has 3100mAh 18650 batteries now. I guess thats probably because a lot of laptop batteries internally use 18650s. Since the TV is modular, would you be looking at coils with other battery options in the future?

And finally, congratulations on creating such a tight vape! From what I can see, if you continue to listen to your customers and continue innovation, the TV seems to be heading to become the GG* of the herb vaporizer world!! (And thats not to mean that your ecigs arnt cool, just that I am a big GG fan :))

*For people not into ecigs, GG = Golden Greek, some of the elitest ecigs out there ( http://mygoldengreek.blogspot.com/p/ggts.html )

darco,

OF

Vitolo said:
I do trust the posts here, but prefer to get facts with video documentation.. which in this case is lacking.

While I understand the appeal of videos, and am sure that soon you'll be seeing 'a great plenty', I would suggest that a video on UTube is about the least trustworthy documentation out there. I can find 'proof' of all sorts of stuff there. And we know from past experience some guys (like you) can make a POS outshine my best attempts. Often a test of the man, not the machine. Not to mention the huge difference in lighting such videos make.

If videos were all there were to go on, I'd ignore them. Give me an objective review from someone like yourself who has a known history and broad experience every time.

Sure, I watch other guys on videos, but with a grain of salt...or more.

To each his own, I guess?

OF

OF,

darco

ThermoVape said:
PB88123 said:
Chance2Vape said:

and you will see a charger + car adapter for a total of $11.59 (shipped to California) I just picked one up myself! :)

Are the TV battieres 750mah or 900mah. I don't recall if it was mentioned. That charger says it is for the 900 mAh batteries and not the 750mAh so let us know if it works.

Please be careful, Tenergy also makes a 900 mAh Li-Ion battery. This is a different chemistry then the LiFePO4 batteries we send with the device, they do not work. The charger made by Tenergy for that battery will not charge the LiFePO4.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

I have both the tenergy Li-ion and the LiFePO4s, and charge them out of the same charger. I know LiFePO4s are safer, but wonder why the TV doesnt work at all with the Li-ions? dont they both have the same output?

For everyone who is looking for batteries, the Tenergy green and silver ones are LiFePO4 and the Blue and silver ones are Li-ions. So you will need the Green and silver ones.

darco,

OF

darco said:
I have both the tenergy Li-ion and the LiFePO4s, and charge them out of the same charger. I know LiFePO4s are safer, but wonder why the TV doesnt work at all with the Li-ions? dont they both have the same output?

While similar, they are not the same. There's more to output than just voltage. This unit demands a HUGE level of power from such a modest battery pack. It really hammers the cells which is why their service time is measured in tens of seconds, not hours or large fractions of one. Another key factor not so important in low current use is internal resistance. This is what causes the batteries to get hot, energy lost there rather than delivered to the heater. In extreme cases like MFLB this can get close to half the total power. Few batteries have low enough internal resistance to get started here, consider watch batteries, the right voltage and all but.....

Moreover these guys are protected. There's a circuit board inside each one that controls charging on one side (which is why the charger will charge either type, the 'smarts' is in each battery) and protects the battery from discharge on the other (discharge to 'flat' even once destroys the battery cell itself, the load has to be automatically disconnected before then). The same circuits protect against excess current damage (ie short circuit) such that most batteries will not even allow for the five amps or so we need.

This battery is special. Similar ones will probably disappoint at best.

OF

OF,

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
ThermoVape said:
PB88123 said:
Chance2Vape said:

Cheers,

ThermoVape

My MISTAKE and my apologies; I just double-checked and TV is correct and I have purchased a useless (for LifePO4) Tenergy Charger set-up :0( DO NOT DO WHAT I DID; i will edit my previous post.

Chance2Vape,

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
PB88123 said:
Chance2Vape said:

Please see my edited post above - I purchased and recommended the WRONG charger set; DO NOT repeat My MISTAKE as this set will NOT charge LifePO4 batteries! My Apologies, I will double-check my recommendations better from now on!

Chance2Vape,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
The more I play with this thing, the more I love it. So well made and does exactly as advertised. If only we were 20 years ahead in battery technology.....

Gonzo,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
darco said:
TV, I have a few questions for you:

1. Does the delrin sleeve expand more than the metal when heated? Curious as some users reported that the sleeve gets loose after use. Would it get loose enough for the vape to slip out when you are still holding the sleeve and its upside down? Are both the black and white materials delrin or is the white teflon? I use the Herbal Aire, which has a teflon top cap which I have noticed expands much more than the base on heating. So if the white model is teflon, maybe the expanding issue is only with the white models?

2. Lucky vapers here can choose the strains they vape, but around where I stay, there isnt much choice of herbs. The stuff I vape is quite dry, and crumbly, and I am certain a lot of fine particles would fall into the heater. Especially if I stir / shake the herbs after every hit as some users are recommending. Would that effect the heater performance over time?

3. All of the vaporizers I have used get a lot of resin buildup that catches fine particles causing the buildup to multiply fast. If not cleaned atleast once a week, this buildup startes smelling nasty. In all the pics and videos I have seen, I couldnt figure how easy or difficult is it to clean the top cap, which essentially is the entire vapor path. Could you please elaborate on this?

4. Does the e-cig attachment have standard 510 threads? I am a cartomizer user and dripping isn't the thing for me. Also shipping attys frequently is just too expensive for me.

5. Are the driptips (in vaporizer mode) of any standard size? A glass driptip might work great and provide some cooling effect to the vapor :)

6. Was RCR123a a choice because you needed 6V? Did you guys consider 18650 batteries? I am a big fan of the LiFePO4 RCRs for their size but the 18650s lately have had some crazy development going and their mAh ratings have been going up quite quickly. I think AW has 3100mAh 18650 batteries now. I guess thats probably because a lot of laptop batteries internally use 18650s. Since the TV is modular, would you be looking at coils with other battery options in the future?

7. And finally, congratulations on creating such a tight vape! From what I can see, if you continue to listen to your customers and continue innovation, the TV seems to be heading to become the GG* of the herb vaporizer world!! (And thats not to mean that your ecigs arnt cool, just that I am a big GG fan :))

*For people not into ecigs, GG = Golden Greek, some of the elitest ecigs out there ( http://mygoldengreek.blogspot.com/p/ggts.html )

Let's tackle these one at a time, there is a lot of information in previous post, as well as on our website and in our videos as well.

1. The white and black are both Delrin. Delrin and Aluminum have different coefficients of thermal expansion and the Delrin expands more. If the device gets really warm, the the Delrin may get a little loose. Our concern was if we made it so tight it could not be removed, what would happen if a customer needed to replace it for some reason? They would not be able to remove the Delrin. So we built the device that any part could be easily replaced by the user. The easy fix is that if your sleeve gets a little loose, simply line it up in the right position when you are done vaping. The device cools quickly and the delrin will shrink back down, good as new. The Delrin should not get so loose it slips right off, it has more of a tendency to spin.

2. No, it will not effect the heater core, most particulate get sucked back into the bowl and vaped, there is a large vacuum force applied with the inhalation, this serves to auto-clean the core. If you somehow manage to get a bunch of particles in the core, rinse it out. Dry it off, and you are good to go.

3. The device is exceptionally easy to clean, you can boil the entire heater core, top cap, you can boil the whole thing if you want (not the batteries). OF has a good discussion about cleaning a few post back. There is a cleaning guide in our User Manual, it is available for download from our site as a PDF.

4. Yes, 510 threads.

5. The mouthpiece is 510 compatible, so if you have a drip tip that works on a 510 atomizer, it will likely work on the thermovape. No guaranty, we can control our tolerances, but other manufactures... go with someone who knows what they are doing and it should be fine.

6. I answered this in detail previously in the thread. The thermovape runs at 30 watts. Using a 3.7v battery cuts it to 10 watts. Convection vaporizing need the power. Cannot put a Prius engine in Porsche and still burn rubber at the track. :D

7. Thank you!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

MacRadish

OF said:
Moreover these guys are protected.

Are protected batts used in series nowadays protected? That wasn't the case seemingly not that long ago when purchasing protected batteries from Battery Junction, I was informed by them any protected batteries used in series are no longer protected. However, things have changed since them ecig days.

MacRadish,

OF

MacRadish said:
OF said:
Moreover these guys are protected.

Are protected batts used in series nowadays protected? That wasn't the case seemingly not that long ago when purchasing protected batteries from Battery Junction, I was informed by them any protected batteries used in series are no longer protected. However, things have changed since them ecig days.

Yup. The key is the battery pack comes apart for charging, each cell (what we incorrectly call 'battery' which is two or more cells working together, like an artillery battery....) is treated as an individual. FWIW some high end battery packs have extra leads so they can be charged this way (as individuals). In our use (two cells) the system crashes when the first cell (or 'battery' if you will) goes into protect mode.

OF

Edit: Yet another typo...

OF,

pecosthecat

It is nice to see more videos of the product in action. Thanks guys.

It is a bit of a double edge sword though, making my wait for delivery of my order all the more painful.

Just received an email mentioning that my ThermoVape was sent out right after the holiday. Hopefully, it will show up next week.

pecosthecat,

PB88123

Vaporist
I started a Google Docs file where I put all of the good answers ThermoVape has given us for me to refer back to if I have a question.

Is this something I can share with everyone else on this forum? I just copied and pasted his answers and put the first couple words in bold so I know what each topic is about.

With so many pages and so many users a lot of questions will be repeated and a go to web site would be handy I think.

PB88123,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
FIRST DRAFT REVIEW

:brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow:

I barely read the past few pages, this thread is going to quick. I also haven't spent much time with this thing so these are just thoughts of my first two-three experiences, using it for only about an hour!

So far it seems like there will be a steep learning curve - it might take me several more attempts with this thing - the first was a COOL, NOVEL experience....... but now it is SERIOUS!!!

First and foremost - the taste is AMAZING. It works extremely well. I can imagine using this on a trip - not sure about using it all day, everyday, YET.

I got this thing on the other side of the USA, from CA to NJ in 2 1/2 days with UPS 3 Day. SO HAPPY THAT I HAVE IT FOR THE WEEKEND!!!

My first experience of this thing - out the box - is in the earlier video I posted. I am happy! 15 minutes later, felt awesome. I think it OVER-DELIVERED. I felt completely satisfied. It was our birthday party!

My second experience... unscrewing this thing - it seemed like there were unlimited peices you can unscrew. It felt a bit like a RUBICS CUBE. Or - like someones grandparents using a computer or Iphone for the first time. It took me almost 10 minutes to TRY to figure out how to screw it back together. Then it didn't seem like it worked, another several minutes and it seemed to work again. It would be rough to try to unscrew and figure it out each time you change the battery or load the material. I felt a bit stupid because this thing is damn sophisticated - I just wish it would assemble easier.

Mind that this is just after a few times, and perhaps I'll figure this out in another hour or two of use. After that, I can imagine being a master of it - and the many pieces and assembly will make sense. I would compare it to a gun - the same way OF compared this thing to a car. The assembly has me boggled but I'm sure give me some time with it - and I'd be able to work it blindfolded.

When I finally ground the herb and tried it, I didn't get much clouds, a bit disappointed. So I passed it to my friend. After pulling on it for a few minutes - he let out a HUGE CLOUD. I was finally happy - I could see the huge cloud. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A CLOUD THAT BIG COME OUT OF A MFLB. My friend and I used the MFLB pretty heavily and I figured it out - but the ThermoVape will take a bit more. It's fun.

I tried to recreate the exact same way he got the big cloud, and took a video - but that was when I had problems putting it back together. So I did take a second video of some pretty decent clouds, and can post if really requested...but trust me, you can get bigger clouds than the MFLB. Somewhat big clouds to huge clouds are NO PROBLEM.

One thing is - you can burn your stuff if you leave it on a lot. It will take time to master and I maybe the gauge is the heat of the air. When it gets hot enough - stop. This doesn't seem to stop getting HOTTER AND HOTTER and seems like you can just incinerate stuff if you left it on. Be careful.

Then..... I unscrewed everything and popped on the e-cig adaptor. I put some juice in the cartridge. After a few pulls and activation, I got a MASSIVE HIT and I think I may have had an overdose or mini heart attack or something. It friggin delivered a massive hit that I have never took before, and/or got used to yet. More stuff to get used to and learn!

Overall I love it and do not regret anything at all yet. The company is awesome and sent me like 2 extra mouth pieces! This thing feels PRO!!!

I don't know if this would be my go-to vape yet, but maybe if I figure it out completely - it could be!

I would compare the MFLB to a slingshot (easy, simple and can hit the mark), and this would be a gun (easy and simple once you master it, and can hit the mark, but much more SERIOUS/DEADLY).

So far out of 1-100:

AMAZING TASTE + HUGE CLOUDS - UNSCREWING STUFF = 90!

Give me a bit of time, I might be able to get it to 100. :D

sessnet,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
PB88123 said:
I started a Google Docs file where I put all of the good answers ThermoVape has given us for me to refer back to if I have a question.

Is this something I can share with everyone else on this forum? I just copied and pasted his answers and put the first couple words in bold so I know what each topic is about.

With so many pages and so many users a lot of questions will be repeated and a go to web site would be handy I think.

There is a Vaporpedia entry under development (ThermoVape) that you could contribute to, but first you have to request an account in the Vaporpedia Account Requests thread. You can of course just share your Google doc, no one will resent that, but I think it is preferable to have only one resource to send people to.

If you don't want to add anything to Vaporpedia yourself (you do have to learn a little mark-up language) then you could pass your material on to me or someone else with an account who is willing to add it.

Sessnet: TET has an excellent video on taking apart and reassembling the ThermoVape. Once you see it you'll find the process much easier I think.

Edited for typos and clarity...

pakalolo,

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
sessnet said:
FIRST DRAFT REVIEW

:brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow:

I barely read the past few pages, this thread is going to quick. I also haven't spent much time with this thing so these are just thoughts of my first two-three experiences, using it for only about an hour!

So far it seems like there will be a steep learning curve - it might take me several more attempts with this thing - the first was a COOL, NOVEL experience....... but now it is SERIOUS!!!

First and foremost - the taste is AMAZING. It works extremely well. I can imagine using this on a trip - not sure about using it all day, everyday, YET.

I got this thing on the other side of the USA, from CA to NJ in 2 1/2 days with UPS 3 Day. SO HAPPY THAT I HAVE IT FOR THE WEEKEND!!!

My first experience of this thing - out the box - is in the earlier video I posted. I am happy! 15 minutes later, felt awesome. I think it OVER-DELIVERED. I felt completely satisfied. It was our birthday party!

My second experience... unscrewing this thing - it seemed like there were unlimited peices you can unscrew. It felt a bit like a RUBICS CUBE. Or - like someones grandparents using a computer or Iphone for the first time. It took me almost 10 minutes to TRY to figure out how to screw it back together. Then it didn't seem like it worked, another several minutes and it seemed to work again. It would be rough to try to unscrew and figure it out each time you change the battery or load the material. I felt a bit stupid because this thing is damn sophisticated - I just wish it would assemble easier.

Mind that this is just after a few times, and perhaps I'll figure this out in another hour or two of use. After that, I can imagine being a master of it - and the many pieces and assembly will make sense. I would compare it to a gun - the same way OF compared this thing to a car. The assembly has me boggled but I'm sure give me some time with it - and I'd be able to work it blindfolded.

When I finally ground the herb and tried it, I didn't get much clouds, a bit disappointed. So I passed it to my friend. After pulling on it for a few minutes - he let out a HUGE CLOUD. I was finally happy - I could see the huge cloud. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A CLOUD THAT BIG COME OUT OF A MFLB. My friend and I used the MFLB pretty heavily and I figured it out - but the ThermoVape will take a bit more. It's fun.

I tried to recreate the exact same way he got the big cloud, and took a video - but that was when I had problems putting it back together. So I did take a second video of some pretty decent clouds, and can post if really requested...but trust me, you can get bigger clouds than the MFLB. Somewhat big clouds to huge clouds are NO PROBLEM.

One thing is - you can burn your stuff if you leave it on a lot. It will take time to master and I maybe the gauge is the heat of the air. When it gets hot enough - stop. This doesn't seem to stop getting HOTTER AND HOTTER and seems like you can just incinerate stuff if you left it on. Be careful.

Then..... I unscrewed everything and popped on the e-cig adaptor. I put some juice in the cartridge. After a few pulls and activation, I got a MASSIVE HIT and I think I may have had an overdose or mini heart attack or something. It friggin delivered a massive hit that I have never took before, and/or got used to yet. More stuff to get used to and learn!

Overall I love it and do not regret anything at all yet. The company is awesome and sent me like 2 extra mouth pieces! This thing feels PRO!!!

I don't know if this would be my go-to vape yet, but maybe if I figure it out completely - it could be!

I would compare the MFLB to a slingshot (easy, simple and can hit the mark), and this would be a gun (easy and simple once you master it, and can hit the mark, but much more SERIOUS/DEADLY).

So far out of 1-100:

AMAZING TASTE + HUGE CLOUDS - UNSCREWING STUFF = 90!

Give me a bit of time, I might be able to get it to 100. :D

I'm really enjoying your review, just got mine today and am going through some of the same "growing pains" with my lilBlkBaby while at the same time tasting hints of the overall amazing potential of this beautifully crafted medical -grade device. I'll be testing all weekend and am interested to feel what lies on the other side of the (hopefully short) learning curve. Quirks and qualms aside One thing is already certain: The ThermoVape = quickly and nicely medicated ! Am I thinking of selling/returning/donating my Solo? No, definitely not. My MFLB w/PA?...well...kinda :peace:

Chance2Vape,

PB88123

Vaporist
pakalolo said:
There is a Vaporpedia entry under development (ThermoVape) that you could contribute to, but first you have to request an account in the Vaporpedia Account Requests thread. You can of course just share your Google doc, no one will resent that, but I think it is preferable to have only one resource to send people to.

If you don't want to add anything to Vaporpedia yourself (you do have to learn a little mark-up language) then you could pass your material on to me or someone else with an account who is willing to add it.

I agree that vaporpedia should be the go to site. I will just paste the link here and let someone else pick out the good stuff and add it to the ThermoVape page.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RmUzJgQwotwp6kCFGmjIayJy90X3G8vKwayZmGBLcQY/edit

PB88123,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
OF said:
long post

So I read this and I am confused by the long story and missed the point I guess. do you like the taste or not. How many bowls had you run through the unit before the taste was muddy. What exactly is the fix

ru_frothi,

OF

rufrothy said:
OF said:
long post

So I read this and I am confused by the long story and missed the point I guess. do you like the taste or not. How many bowls had you run through the unit before the taste was muddy. What exactly is the fix

I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted.

For future reference, when I say stuff like, "More importantly, the next try with Headband was LOVELY" that means I liked the taste (at least at that point). I'm not really sure why that wasn't clearer.

The muddy taste was immediate on changing strains. Even the 'empty' unit had some taste which lead me to clean it in the way described, which corrected the problem and gave me 'true Headband' taste. Folks interested in taste above all else might be guided by this?

Got it?

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
OF said:
rufrothy said:
OF said:
long post

For future reference, when I say stuff like, "More importantly, the next try with Headband was LOVELY" that means I liked the taste (at least at that point). I'm not really sure why that wasn't clearer.

The muddy taste was immediate on changing strains. Even the 'empty' unit had some taste which lead me to clean it in the way described, which corrected the problem and gave me 'true Headband' taste. Folks interested in taste above all else might be guided by this?

Got it?

OF

no not really.

ru_frothi,

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
rufrothy said:
OF said:
rufrothy said:

Got it?

OF

no not really.

Seriously? I thought it was pretty clear myself :)

Hey OF? Are you having issues w/the delrin parts spinning (specifically and especially the center piece) as soon as this baby heats up good?

Chance2Vape,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Mine does that too. I believe it is normal and does not affect performance any.

Gonzo,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Chance2Vape said:
Hey OF? Are you having issues w/the delrin parts spinning (specifically and especially the center piece) as soon as this baby heats up good?
mine spins pretty damn freely when it gets warmed up, to the point where it will fall right off if i unscrew the battery compartment

SF Giant,

OF

Chance2Vape said:

Yes, last night for the first time in fact. It wasn't even all that warm, really. It doesn't seem to be a big deal if the lower sleeve is up against it snug and it did return to normal just fine.

However, I'm thinking it might be because I took it to bits twice, it seemed tighter the first time I took it apart? Perhaps a small flat or two could either lock the sleeve from rotating or keep it constrained to a few degrees although such flats might be hard to do with the given production technique (where stuff is round). I'm sure TV will address it if it really does become an issue, but for now.....on with that Revolution!

The way I see it, the Revolution will mean far fewer battery changes, right?

OF

OF,
Top Bottom