Discontinued ThermoVape

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
SF Giant said:
im using pretty dry herb and a fairly fine grind, as far as draw technique i go super slow for the first 10 or so seconds then when i feel the vapor start to heat up i draw a bit faster, looking back at that original video though i dont think i could ever reproduce that guys results, he seemed to heat for 5 seconds then draw (fairly fast mind you) for about 5 seconds and he seemed to get substantial clouds, for me it is closer to heating for 10 seconds and drawing for at least 20 to get anything resembling the hits that guy seemed to get, looking at my unit it seems that the heating coil on mine is way off to one side of the inside of the heater core, looking at the video (shitty quality as it is) it seems that his looks much more centered, i know from having to mess with my SSV that having your heating element just a little off can have a huge effect on how efficiently you are heating the air in a convection system, if there is some varience in manufacturing as to where the heating coil sits in it's sleeve there could be a pretty big difference in how well they work

I would agree with you on the first video that was published. I have tried but can not produce that amount in that short time. I have produced hits much larger than that but my average hit last about 20 - 30 seconds. Dried bud also seems to produce much better results as well as a more coarse grind which is different to most other vapes. More testing is needed on my part but I am pretty sure that won't be a problem :ko:

Gonzo,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Bunk picture but you get the idea, unless the fresh air is coming in from the side wall that the coil is closest to (and im pretty sure it comes from the bottom) then having the coil over to the side like this is not gonna heat your air very efficiently IMO, if my SSV element is this far off center in the heater cover it means having to turn the knob to 3 oclock to get the same result that i get at noon with the element centered so this could have a pretty big effect on how well your TV works and how efficiently you are using your battery power. :2c:
2012-01-06_08-45-03_977.jpg

SF Giant,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
My heating core is a little more centered, I wouldn't say it is exactly dead center but it is definitely not leaning to any one particular side.

Gonzo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
pakalolo said:
Vitolo said:
I am still finding the lack of video documentation of actual use with herb, disturbing.
It is my hope that one of you who is using your ThermoVape for herbal material will make some type of clear cut video for us.

From charliedontsurf in the second post in this thread: some orientation-challenged stoner with his new ThermoVape. Also this: ThermoVape T1 Review 12-28-2011. I'm curious why you need video, Vito. Don't you trust the posts here?
I saw these two videos, and I repeat...
I am waiting to see some good videos.
These do not show clear use of the unit in a way that demonstrates it well.
As for your question... The posts here are leaving me with doubt about the unit.. or I would not be asking for one of the "proud owners" to make a good video.
Were the posts all raves, I would still want a clear video, as users have presented with most vapes on the market.
The lack of video documentation, coupled with new TV units already for resale in classified here, and one for resale by a different party on another forum leave me wishing to see better use of the unit.
The vids I saw do not make me interested in the TV.
I do trust the posts here, but prefer to get facts with video documentation.. which in this case is lacking.

Vitolo,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Good stuff PB88123, especially the sipping one as that's how I vape...... Thanks !

smokum,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Great video, that 3rd video is about the size clouds I am pulling on average now. That is the technique I use and am getting about 6 -8 of those hits off one set of batteries(I am a vapor hog). Thanks for the video! I have found that a good shake after each hit will keep me from having to stir. So far, no charring or uneven ABV.

Gonzo,

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
PB88123 said:
Mine arrived today instead of yesterday so here are some videos. I ordered a black one and was sent a white one.

Me loading the TV.

http://youtu.be/7vndCl0pjgw

Me sipping and storing then exhaling.

http://youtu.be/Jc-Z4RR4tpg

Me long inhale

http://youtu.be/mHTuAOwZ0QM

Inhaling for 10 seconds

http://youtu.be/1zjZFK0Ck-k

What the goods look like after 4 uses

http://youtu.be/_QVj4OIpcmQ

Let me know what else you want to see.

Way to jump right in there and get it done PB88123! Thanks for that!
SO - How do you like your new vape?

Chance2Vape,
Nice videos. It looks like all inhalation methods produced decent vapor. And your goods after four hits still look more on the green side which is good news.

goodgreenganja,

PB88123

Vaporist
Chance2Vape said:
PB88123 said:

It really is the SSV to-go I think. I like the sip and store method when I am starting from a cold start so everything heats up a little bit. (It is around 60 degrees in the house and even colder outside) Then for the 3rd to 4th pull I'll inhale for 15 seconds. That is all I need since any more gets me to an uncomfortable high.

I would like to just buy the Tenergy Battery Charger by itself and keep one in my car and one in my house. Right now they sell them in a pack with other stuff I don't need for $24.97. Maybe they will make it a separate accessory for a little cheaper?

I know they are probably getting hammered with e-mails and orders but double check to make sure they send out the right color. I don't have an issue using a white one. It might stick out more but it is tough to tell what it is and I'll just tell people it is my inhaler.

I have no issues with the battery life. I rather have people blaming the development of the battery instead of complaining the TV sucks the life out of batteries. One day I hope a battery this small will last hours. Once I buy a battery charger for my car I will always be able to charge the batteries. It is also nice to have an extra one so incase I leave it at a friends I have a backup.

I emptied the bowl and I don't see anything black. I would say half is a light brown and half is green. You will need to knock it out in your hand and then put it back in or carry something to stir it with (toothpick).

Nothing ended up in my mouth and it looks like nothing will fall through the holes in the bowl.

"I have found that a good shake after each hit will keep me from having to stir. So far, no charring or uneven ABV."

I tried shaking and my stuff is so sticky that it didn't work. Even when I unscrewed it and tried shaking it out it would not fall. I had to use a stirring tool to push it out.

Heat - it never got too hot for me but everyone is different so it might be hot to some. When I was inhaling for 20 seconds it started to get hot on my lips so I stopped. I don't see myself inhaling for longer than 20 seconds.

I feel just like I do after using my SSV so I am sold. This is a keeper for sure.

PB88123,

OF

PB88123 said:
I would like to just buy the Tenergy Battery Charger by itself and keep one in my car and one in my house. Right now they sell them in a pack with other stuff I don't need for $24.97. Maybe they will make it a separate accessory for a little cheaper?

I know they are probably getting hammered with e-mails and orders but double check to make sure they send out the right color. I don't have an issue using a white one. It might stick out more but it is tough to tell what it is and I'll just tell people it is my inhaler.

I bet if you asked nice they'd be happy to sell just he charger as an accessory. OTOH, since it seems they read this forum and given their rabid pro service Business Model it may be too late to stop them at this point.

It also occurs to me they could also offer 'color conversion' kits. Due to the excellent size control, the two sleeves and top cover should be interchangeable parts. The top cap press fit insert might be an issue, needing a second aluminum cap?

Just thinking out loud. It might be nice to have another suit for it.....for formal occasions you know.

BTW, thanks for the videos and excellent observations. Now maybe Vito and the video junkies will back off a notch? At least they knew we weren't collectively fibbing about the 'works good' part.

OF

Edit: Yet another typo......

OF,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
PB88123 said:
Chance2Vape said:
PB88123 said:

It really is the SSV to-go I think. I like the sip and store method when I am starting from a cold start so everything heats up a little bit. (It is around 60 degrees in the house and even colder outside) Then for the 3rd to 4th pull I'll inhale for 15 seconds. That is all I need since any more gets me to an uncomfortable high.

I have no issues with the battery life. I rather have people blaming the development of the battery instead of complaining the TV sucks the life out of batteries. One day I hope a battery this small will last hours. Once I buy a battery charger for my car I will always be able to charge the batteries. It is also nice to have an extra one so incase I leave it at a friends I have a backup.

I emptied the bowl and I don't see anything black. I would say half is a light brown and half is green. You will need to knock it out in your hand and then put it back in or carry something to stir it with (toothpick).

Nothing ended up in my mouth and it looks like nothing will fall through the holes in the bowl.

"I have found that a good shake after each hit will keep me from having to stir. So far, no charring or uneven ABV."

I tried shaking and my stuff is so sticky that it didn't work. Even when I unscrewed it and tried shaking it out it would not fall. I had to use a stirring tool to push it out.

Heat - it never got too hot for me but everyone is different so it might be hot to some. When I was inhaling for 20 seconds it started to get hot on my lips so I stopped. I don't see myself inhaling for longer than 20 seconds.

I feel just like I do after using my SSV so I am sold. This is a keeper for sure.

Thank you for the kind words, and we are extremely happy you are enjoying your ThermoVape. Great video series too BTW, way to answer the call!

Regarding your request for indivisdula chargers for sale, consider it done. We will get them on the website by tonight.

If there is anything else we can do for you let us know.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

PB88123

Vaporist
ThermoVape said:
Regarding your request for indivisdula chargers for sale, consider it done. We will get them on the website by tonight.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

If it isn't too much, also offer the car charger and wall charger separate too.

PB88123,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I got my TV today!!!!!!!!!!!!! 15 minutes ago!

Tasted awesome. I did not grind anything - I was rushing to shoot this while the sun went down because of poor lighting. The sun was setting.

Video

Didn't get massive smoke because of the non-grind - but let me tell you those two hits I took, have me PERFECT.

Be back later with a decent review. :brow:

EDIT: mind you this is right out the box - and within 15 minutes of me getting it! So don't be harsh that it isn't perfectly shot or set up.

sessnet,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
PB88123 said:
ThermoVape said:

Cheers,

ThermoVape

If it isn't too much, also offer the car charger and wall charger separate too.

Sure thing.
Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
sessnet said:
I got my TV today!!!!!!!!!!!!! 15 minutes ago!

Tasted awesome. I did not grind anything - I was rushing to shoot this while the sun went down because of poor lighting. The sun was setting.

Video

Didn't get massive smoke because of the non-grind - but let me tell you those two hits I took, have me PERFECT.

Be back later with a decent review. :brow:

EDIT: mind you this is right out the box - and within 15 minutes of me getting it! So don't be harsh that it isn't perfectly shot or set up.

Great backdrop, love the sunset shot. looking forward to what happens when you bust out yourt grinder! Looking forward to the full review.

Cheers,

ThnermoVape

ThermoVape,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
SF Giant said:
Bunk picture but you get the idea, unless the fresh air is coming in from the side wall that the coil is closest to (and im pretty sure it comes from the bottom) then having the coil over to the side like this is not gonna heat your air very efficiently IMO, if my SSV element is this far off center in the heater cover it means having to turn the knob to 3 oclock to get the same result that i get at noon with the element centered so this could have a pretty big effect on how well your TV works and how efficiently you are using your battery power. :2c:
http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo108/JB707/2012-01-06_08-45-03_977.jpg

An asymmetric coil is a non issue. We specifically assembled multitudes of test units with the cores oriented parallel and with varying included angles to flush out any potential differences in performance, there were none.

The gas dynamics (or compressible fluid flow) characteristics of the core are the reason why it does not effect performance. The Heater Core itself is choked at the inlet ports. After this the flow path consists of an annular galley until it reaches the base of the coils, at this point there is an abrupt expansion (velocity goes down) that is obstructed by the base of the coils. The entire heating chamber from the entrance that is obstructed by the coils (in any orientation) to the outlets (holes at base of bowl) experiences turbulent flow (Reynolds number (Re) >> 5000). The turbulent flow through the heating chamber means that all of the air is bombarding all areas chamber, making multiple passes over the heating coils. We have empirically proven that all orientations the heater cores are equally effective.

That said, there is an aesthetic aspect to the asymmetrical cores and we are getting better and better with each unit at getting them centered.

The bottom line is that it will not effect performance.

Cheers!

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hey there TV, could you elaborate a little on the heating element not always being centered? When reading posts from SF I definately am curious as I am about to order.

mvapes,

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
PB88123 said:
Chance2Vape said:
PB88123 said:

Hit up eBay bro - search this:
Tenergy 2-Bay Charger for RCR123A

and you will see a charger + car adapter for a total of $11.59 (shipped to California) I just picked one up myself! :)

I was MISTAKEN and I sincerely Apologize! After double-checking the description I now see that these will NOT charge the LifePO4 batteries that the ThermoVape come with!!! Do NOT BUY for this purpose!

Chance2Vape,

OF

Science marches on, as it must. Or at least in my case staggers in more or less the same direction. I've just returned from a short series of tests of the TV (in the garden, enjoying the day and supervising the bird feeder activity, two of my other pressing jobs....). The focus is on taste, I think I have some useful insights.

First off, by way of background, as a medical user taste is most often secondary. Sometimes this comes down to 'not too bad' making a winning combination with available high potency bud. Adding bubble hash (as I often do with the Iolite) makes taste kind of a moot point, although it does seem to keep taste of some sort a factor through the bitter end. No hash here, of course, just sayin'. So this was rare for me, try to identify and enjoy the flavor of top shelf bud before getting so blasted that you don't notice or care as much any more. I'm sure you know the problem? Same thing takes a lot of the fun of Single Malt drinking to me, after one or two attempts it might as well be well scotch for all I can taste any more.

So I've been using smaller loads of some nice U2 Kush I had. Then I decided to try for the next load of an old fav, Headband. After a reset on my senses, a battery change and some Headband the test came up 'muddy tasting' before it got dim. Not right for Headband. So I took a look at the TV. Even after brushing out the bowl and cover, hitting the empty unit still tasted.....a clue. A wipe out of the bowl then half a minute in the Ultrasonic sink for the cap in a small vial with a little ISO in followed by a hot water rinse under the faucet fixed that. More importantly, the next try with Headband was LOVELY.

This may very well turn out to be a TV 'best of class' award in the overall vapes division (when it comes to taste changes). The advantage seems to be that the bowl doesn't foul all that much (I suspect because what does condense evaporates off again?) and can be easily wiped clean. Where it does seem to collect in the cap (on the 'output' side, after vapors are formed) the assembly is boilable by design and easy to get really clean because of it. I bet shaking it up in a small jar of ISO would probably work fine. Really hot water makes what little water that doesn't 'blow out' dry very quickly. That won't work with the heat core.

This is with a small load, say half way up the side, 15 or 20 to the gram. Two PD stems or half a MFLB trench. Plenty to medicate for me, putting the efficiency squarely with those two 'known good' performers. Five or six hits with good taste until the last one or two (again like those two others might). The bud I'm using is sticky enough so even when dry it clumps up and has to be dumped out into my palm, broken up some and returned a time or two just like I'm used to with such fine grind in the LB. No issues, just have to remember the aluminum bowl can be hot. Like the Iolite can used the same way, only the aluminum cools much faster than the SS in the Iolite of course.

One thing to come out is a policy change I'm sure you can guess. When it comes to evaluating new strains, it's TV time for sure. Even freshly cleaned PD stems don't seem to work as well and not everyone has a already warmed up PD sitting around when the need comes up. Nor does it travel all that well, unless you're not going far and have a long extension cord handy of course.

OF

OF,

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
mvapes said:
Hey there TV, could you elaborate a little on the heating element not always being centered? When reading posts from SF I definately am curious as I am about to order.

answered: Read the post RIGHT above the one you posted :)

Chance2Vape,

Kaptan

I saw that amazon has a tenergy charger kit with 6 batteries for those that want an extra set for under 30 shipped.

Kaptan,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
mvapes said:

The Heater Cores are hand assembled. Each one is slightly different, unique, like a fingerprint. The bottom line is that the slight variations in the orientations of the coils is natural and inconsequential in terms of performance. Vape on!

Hope this helps,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

PB88123

Vaporist
Chance2Vape said:
Hit up eBay bro - search this:
Tenergy 2-Bay Charger for RCR123A

and you will see a charger + car adapter for a total of $11.59 (shipped to California) I just picked one up myself! :)

Are the TV battieres 750mah or 900mah. I don't recall if it was mentioned. That charger says it is for the 900 mAh batteries and not the 750mAh so let us know if it works.

PB88123,
Top Bottom