Discontinued ThermoVape

vapor 4 life

Is there an estimated release date for the revolution or pics and more info coming soon? I do not know if this has been covered but do the batteries hold their charge if they are left unused a while?

vapor 4 life,

nowonknows

vapor 4 life said:
Is there an estimated release date for the revolution or pics and more info coming soon? I do not know if this has been covered but do the batteries hold their charge if they are left unused a while?

LiFePO4 batteries hold their charge extremely well when not in use, you should be able to charge a set, leave them for a month, then use them with minimal difference to a pair fresh off the charger.

nowonknows,

darco

Chiming in for a quick update. Just ordered the TV from Puffitup, my favoritest vape shop! Hope to receive it in about 15 days to India. Anxiously waiting to join the TV club :D

darco,

2clicker

Observer
OF said:
Dyeing generally doesn't change the size of the part very much, no joy there I think. Although you can generally die stuff darker, black is already there (absorbs all colors), dyeing the white is the only option we have.

i was only asking about painting/dyeing due to esthetic reasons.

2clicker,

OF

2clicker said:

Sorry, my misunderstanding. There's another option in 'the big world' of course, delrin can be had in colors. Such parts wouldn't have scratch issues, at least as far as color. All you'd need after that is a couple CNC machines to make the required parts on. You could use that same money to buy a house, perhaps? Your call. Then again, maybe some sweet day TV will make a few custom runs. I think that would be neat and a fraction of the customer base would go for it. I'd probably get in that line too, can't have 'the full set' otherwise you know.

OF

OF,

OF

A couple of minor suggestions for your consideration. First off, a bit ago there was a guy looking for a cap for the mouthpiece to control smell. It turns out the protective caps sold with some "E-cig carts" are near perfect. The cart is about .385 OD, the mouthpiece a tiny bit less, and the length is 'just right'. They're silicone rubber an quite tough. The come on some of the carts. I suspect any store dealing in them would have a collection of them for free or a very small price. Otherwise the carts are only few dollars, some have caps on both ends.

Secondly, I assume most guys have a tough time taking the heat core apart. The o-ring makes for friction and there's noting really to grab onto. My fix is to wrap a large rubber band around the bowl in the vee above the top flange. The one I use is about 1/4 inch wide and goes around 6 or 7 times filling it in. Then grab the rubber part with your fingers, easy to deal with.

I feel another round of testing coming on, please excuse me.....

OF

OF,

nowonknows

nowonknows said:
received my units on Friday (TV I sent you an email with regards to freight details if you could please reply), There are a lot of user variables with this device so some details may help buyers/future buyers with getting the most out of it.

With the delrin sleeves, they spin freely on the heater section on my units as with all from the sounds of it. When screwing sections together if no force is used and you only gently do them up until the point that they do not go any further and do not use any force to torque them together, you will find it easy to pull sections apart to replace batteries and load even when hot.

Now to use.
I tried this out a few times before even reading the instructions, I wasn't happy with vapor production after allowing it to heat up for 5-10 seconds so I let it warm up for longer periods first (20-30 seconds), this is not a good idea and results in some combustion and reduced battery life per cycle. It only takes 5-10 seconds for the element to reach required temps then relies on air flow (users draw) to transfer heat from the element to the herb allowing the herb to get to vaporizing temp. So allow the unit to pre-heat for 5-10 seconds then draw slowly until you can taste vapor/feel it in the back of your throat, then slow increase rate of inhalation for the duration of your hit. This can take some practice to get right, but once you get the hang of things, thick tasty combustion free clouds are easily achieved, leaving the unit to heat longer then suggested only introduces more conduction heating and reduces number of hits per battery change out.

Stirring
This is essential to getting as much as you can from your herb and leaving your abv an even color. I have found the easiest way to do this is to simply unscrew the cap most of the way (unscrew completely then screw back on between a quarter to a half turns), hold the heater section and cap together between thumb and finger, then shake. After a quick shake screw the cap back down to it's closed position while holding the device upright, as the inner disc inside the cap seals down ontop of the bowl when screwed together this ensures the herb is packed back down into the bowl. I do this between every hit and am getting around 10 decent cloudy hits to a load/battery change with perfectly even brown abv.
Before using this method I tried as others suggested with tipping it into my hand, breaking it up a bit and returning to the bowl, I would not suggest this myself as some partials seem to fall into the heater section and introduces the combustion taste.

Grind and Load size
For myself I find it best to use a single grind through a 4 piece grinder, then fill the bowl completely but without packing it down at all. The courser grind eliminates the problem of combustion of finer partials and the filling method allows the above mentioned stirring/shaking method to work well.

Taste
For the last 6-8 months my main vape has been an LSV used with a water pipe, anyone with experience using this setup would realize I have been spoilt as far as taste goes, nothing comes close to an all glass setup for flavor, using an ssv or eq direct or through water just doesn't come close due to the silicone tubing.
When I decided to try the TV I felt due to it's design (not glass) I would be compromising on flavor. My thoughts were I would be willing to do this for a portable, The pure clean taste provided by the LSV is now a must for me when it comes to a home vape, but for a portable durability, speed of use and stealth design are higher on the list, compromising on taste for these sections wasn't an issue for me.
My first impression of the taste of vapor produce from the TV were similar to that of the Iolite, nothing impressive but satisfactory for a portable. After learning how to use it properly I cleaned the mouth piece and now the flavor is for me on par with all glass designs. I don't know if initial poor quality in flavor is a result of the device needing a clean before use or as a result from my initial misuse of the TV, either way if you are not getting the cleanest tasting vape from it clean the top cap section and mouth piece.

Water Pipe Use
Using the long mouth piece provided, cut a 1/4" piece of whip tubing and push it on flush with the end of the mouth piece, this will allow it to seal in a 14mm glass downpipe without introducing the silicone tube used to the vapor path. This only works with the long mouth piece, the shorter one does not extend long enough to create a seal, you could use a longer piece of silicone tube but this will then be introduced to the vapor path and effect taste. I tried this after cleaning the cap and mouth piece as mentioned above, the flavor was on par with my LSV, I could not pick the difference and would be surprised if anyone else could. Cloud production is on par with my old EQ, but not as thick as the LSV, I'd say given the heat up time required and the design of the TV it really did exceed expectations in this area. I seem to be using the TV with my water pipe when I just want one or two quick hits, or sometimes for a couple of hits while waiting for the LSV to get to temp, a power supply would be a great idea for this type of use.

Heat
A few people have mentioned this as a bit of an issue with the battery slide getting quite hot to the touch, I also found this to be the case at first when using the TV incorrectly. Once working out required heat up times and draw technique I have found the radiant heat of the unit to be less of an issue. For myself there is a 20-30 second pause between hits while I hold in the previous hit and give the TV a stir/shake, with this short pause between hits the device doesn't get too hot to use. If you are finding the battery slide is getting too hot to use, you need to work on your technique, possibly reduce pre-heat time and adjust inhalation method, it only takes one inhalation to get nice a nice cloudy lungful, if you are taking a first lungful and getting nothing then taking another directly after to get visible vapor it will reduce hits per battery charge and increase radiant heat.

Over all I am quite happy with the purchase of the TV, or at least will be once an issue relating to freight cost and method on my order are resolved, I will provide further details on this once I hear back from Thermovape as how it is handled will determine if there was an honest mistake or a dishonest company. If you want a personal vaporizer that can be easily taken anywhere, tastes fantastic, durable and discreet, this is where you want to look, if you want something that is suited to use with multiple people, more cordless then truly portable, then there are probably other options more suited. But again, for a true portable vaporizer I couldn't recommend any other on the market over the TV.

I would like to see a power supply option (if not will make my own) But the idea of a usb supply doesn't sound ideal. USB 2.0 has an output of less then 5 watts, if this were to be utilized as a supply for the heater, technique and use would be very different to when used with the batteries. I would rather see a 110-240vac primary - 6vdc 5amp secondary power supply with use of a button (or slide) to provide power to the heater only while in use.

Just to update on the freight cost issue, when ordering I select one of the more expensive high priority international methods, my order was dispatched the same day payment was made which is quite admirable, but was sent incorrectly via a cheaper service. Thermovape have already come back to me and offered to refund me the money, but they also offered some other means of resolution, one option I couldn't turn down is another TV at no cost! This is around $100 more then the difference in cost of freight I requested a refund for, absolutely stoked with the way this turned out (as will a friend of mine who will be receiving the freebie!), couldn't recommend dealing with these guys or their product higher.

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
OF said:
2clicker said:

Sorry, my misunderstanding. There's another option in 'the big world' of course, delrin can be had in colors. Such parts wouldn't have scratch issues, at least as far as color. All you'd need after that is a couple CNC machines to make the required parts on. You could use that same money to buy a house, perhaps? Your call. Then again, maybe some sweet day TV will make a few custom runs. I think that would be neat and a fraction of the customer base would go for it. I'd probably get in that line too, can't have 'the full set' otherwise you know.

OF

There is the option for some custom color runs, Delrin can be found in some different colors (or made to your choice of colors... for a cost). We looked into this, it is spendy, like 5-10X the cost (because not only do we need a color, we need it to be very high grade to run through our machine).

We are always looking for materials, options. More options will come. I wanted to make a nice green one.

Cheers,

TV

ThermoVape,

PB88123

Vaporist
ThermoVape said:
OF said:
2clicker said:

OF

There is the option for some custom color runs, Delrin can be found in some different colors (or made to your choice of colors... for a cost). We looked into this, it is spendy, like 5-10X the cost (because not only do we need a color, we need it to be very high grade to run through our machine).

We are always looking for materials, options. More options will come. I wanted to make a nice green one.

Cheers,

TV

If you offered the black and white ones for sale so people can switch between the 2 that would be cool for those who can't make up their mind between the white and black ThermoVape.

PB88123,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
vapor 4 life said:

If all goes according to plan, the Revolution begins Late Next week!

OF said:
Secondly, I assume most guys have a tough time taking the heat core apart. The o-ring makes for friction and there's noting really to grab onto. My fix is to wrap a large rubber band around the bowl in the vee above the top flange. The one I use is about 1/4 inch wide and goes around 6 or 7 times filling it in. Then grab the rubber part with your fingers, easy to deal with.

Great tip, another useful trick I use is that you can lubricate the O-ring on the ThermoCore with a little dab of pure 100% vegetable glycerol. Non-toxic and safe, makes getting the bowl threaded back in much easier.

nowonknowsJust said:
to update on the freight cost issue, when ordering I select one of the more expensive high priority international methods, my order was dispatched the same day payment was made which is quite admirable, but was sent incorrectly via a cheaper service. Thermovape have already come back to me and offered to refund me the money, but they also offered some other means of resolution, one option I couldn't turn down is another TV at no cost! This is around $100 more then the difference in cost of freight I requested a refund for, absolutely stoked with the way this turned out (as will a friend of mine who will be receiving the freebie!), couldn't recommend dealing with these guys or their product higher.

Glad we could help you out, sorry again for the error on our part. We have since fixed and optimized are shipping system. We now had USPS, FedEx and UPS options all online and running smoothly.

Darco said:
Chiming in for a quick update. Just ordered the TV from Puffitup, my favoritest vape shop! Hope to receive it in about 15 days to India. Anxiously waiting to join the TV club biggrin.

Please let us know what you think when you get it! First ThermoVape in India, pretty cool....

OF said:
Oh, yeah? You're gonna get thirty Watts from a five Watt port? Two and a half Watts for early version ports. Not only is my hat off to you, but lunch is on me.

After that, we all get rich I'm thinking..... Really, really rich.

Yes, yes we are. From the powered USB on your computer, to a USB port on a DC car adapter, or from a USB wall jack... if it was simply everyone would do it. It is going to take some work, but when we get it dialed, it will be a really nice ThermoVape accessory.

you may have seen the USB 'passthrough' for e-cigs. Well... this is like the passthrough, evolved. Proprietary, custom engineered and designed, purpose built. Good stuff, down the road a ways... but all good things come to those that wait, or something along those lines.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

OF

nowonknows said:
Thermovape have already come back to me and offered to refund me the money, but they also offered some other means of resolution, one option I couldn't turn down is another TV at no cost!

All right, I know gentlemen don't give out details and all.....but help a guy out. Just how exactly did you get them to ship "incorrectly via a cheaper service"?

I'm thinking you're on to something big. Congratulations.

ThermoVape said:

I vaguely recall that Delrin (aka Acetal) is one of those thermoplastics that can had in marbled or swirl pattern (mixing the pellets before extrusion). You could go for camo? Maybe some nice tie colors for a Grateful Dead Commemorative Edition?

It's an exciting future for sure.

ThermoVape said:
OF said:
Oh, yeah? You're gonna get thirty Watts from a five Watt port? Two and a half Watts for early version ports. Not only is my hat off to you, but lunch is on me.

After that, we all get rich I'm thinking..... Really, really rich.

Yes, yes we are. From the powered USB on your computer, to a USB port on a DC car adapter, or from a USB wall jack... if it was simply everyone would do it. It is going to take some work, but when we get it dialed, it will be a really nice ThermoVape accessory.

you may have seen the USB 'passthrough' for e-cigs. Well... this is like the passthrough, evolved. Proprietary, custom engineered and designed, purpose built. Good stuff, down the road a ways... but all good things come to those that wait, or something along those lines.

Yup, got one right here. Thing is, it delivers less than five Watts. And it won't work on low power versions of USBs (they only provide 500mA, 2.5 Watts IIRC).

Not saying you're not gonna do it. Hey, you haven't lied or let us down even once. Not that we've found out about at least. Yet. Just saying it'd be a sight to see. More out than in.....has some serious uses in other venues I'm thinking. Franchises.......I'm thinking franchises......

OF

OF,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
PB88123 said:
If you offered the black and white ones for sale so people can switch between the 2 that would be cool for those who can't make up their mind between the white and black ThermoVape.

We can do that for you, just put a request in on your order, or shoot us an email, we'll have a black and white ThermoVape together for you in no time!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
PB88123 said:
pakalolo said:
There is a Vaporpedia entry under development (ThermoVape) that you could contribute to, but first you have to request an account in the Vaporpedia Account Requests thread. You can of course just share your Google doc, no one will resent that, but I think it is preferable to have only one resource to send people to.

If you don't want to add anything to Vaporpedia yourself (you do have to learn a little mark-up language) then you could pass your material on to me or someone else with an account who is willing to add it.

I agree that vaporpedia should be the go to site. I will just paste the link here and let someone else pick out the good stuff and add it to the ThermoVape page.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RmUzJgQwotwp6kCFGmjIayJy90X3G8vKwayZmGBLcQY/edit

I had been meaning to say THANK YOU! for putting this together, outstanding. Great work!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,
Alright y'all. Sorry this took a couple days, but here are my first impressions.

I took it out of the box for the first time, fired it up with a five second warmup and a slow fifteen second inhale. I blew out a pretty big puff of visible vapor. A couple more times I had visible vapor, but it got thinner and thinner. I opened up the bowl and saw that I had a few borderline black pieces, but also still very green pieces. I shook it up and fired it up again using the same method. The vapor was barely visible. Another shake and then I tried messing around with how I was hitting it. I tried the sip and store method, but it was my first time and I still don't know if I'm doing it right. I'm used to the Iolite which I just do steady long slow inhales with. At this point I was definitely ripped, but it didn't matter what I did, I couldn't reproduce visible vapor and it felt like I wasn't really getting anything. I got about ten hits before the battery died, but even then there was still quite a bit of green. I thought convection vapes were supposed to be more efficient so either I'm doing something wrong or my unit is faulty. I've kept a bag full of all my old Iolite scraps and when I dumped my Thermovape scraps into the bag it was obvious. The ABV I threw in had more black, but also more green than anything else in the bag.

Thermovape ABV in bag of Iolite ABV
Fresh ABV comparison

Another thing I noticed was after about five hits my battery sleeve was on fire. It gets so hot I really do have to remove my thumb by reflex to prevent burning. Unless I'm just being a really big baby which is also completely possible. I looked closer and noticed it looked like the front side of the main body had a small crevice where it meets the heater core body. I unscrewed the main section to remove the batteries and noticed there's a very small dent in the aluminum right where it's supposed to thread in. I don't know if this has anything to do with the problems I'm having, but it seems like air might be able to leak through it. This is kind of hard to explain so here are some pictures.

Front with crevice and Back how it's supposed to look.
Dent #1
Dent #2

Also, I forgot to mention, the first time I fired it up by the third hit the middle Delrin sleeve was so loose it just spins around freely. It's hard to squeeze it tight enough to actually unthread that section until it cools off, but this really is just a cosmetic problem. It's not that big of a deal.

Now onto the batteries. I'm not sure where the sixty minute charge time figure came from. I've been keeping a tally on some of my charge times from a wall socket and this is what I've gotten.

90 minutes
100 minutes
105 minutes
105 minutes

Now I still haven't had the problem of running out of batteries to use, but this is still way longer than I expected.

As for portability, this thing is the king. I tried it out in a bar a couple nights ago and it was perfect. That's something I could never do with my Iolite. Just want a quick hit or two? You can do that. And it rules.

I was kind of hoping this would be so great I could sell my Iolite. But until somebody can teach me to vape my weed consistently, it's going to be the Iolite for around the house and vaping with friends. I used the Thermovape with a friend and neither of us were as medicated as we wanted from a single pair of batteries. And the vaped weed always still shows green even after multiple stirs.

Sorry if this sounds like a negative review. If I use the Thermovape completely by myself I do get pretty ripped from a single pair of batteries. The last time I used it I got a good 16 hits before they died. It just seems like there's a slight learning curve that I haven't quite figured out yet. I can't get visible vapor after 3-4 hits even with stirring after each hit and there is always still green showing when the batteries die. It's weird. I know it's working cause I'm getting blazed, it just concerns me that there might still be wasted goods. I've been using the Iolite for nine months and I've never had ABV this green or this black before. If anybody has any tips at all I'd love to hear them. I'm about to put it to use again and I'll definitely keep everybody updated.

Edit: I forgot to mention I've been using herb that's more on the dry side. I've tried inhaling faster, slow, and the sip n store and I seem to get the most consistent coulds from long slow sips just like I do with my Iolite. I find it more efficient if I loosely pack it half full or less.

goodgreenganja,

Kaptan

goodgreenganja said:
Alright y'all. Sorry this took a couple days, but here are my first impressions.

I took it out of the box for the first time, fired it up with a five second warmup and a slow fifteen second inhale. I blew out a pretty big puff of visible vapor. A couple more times I had visible vapor, but it got thinner and thinner. I opened up the bowl and saw that I had a few borderline black pieces, but also still very green pieces. I shook it up and fired it up again using the same method. The vapor was barely visible. Another shake and then I tried messing around with how I was hitting it. I tried the sip and store method, but it was my first time and I still don't know if I'm doing it right. I'm used to the Iolite which I just do steady long slow inhales with. At this point I was definitely ripped, but it didn't matter what I did, I couldn't reproduce visible vapor and it felt like I wasn't really getting anything. I got about ten hits before the battery died, but even then there was still quite a bit of green. I thought convection vapes were supposed to be more efficient so either I'm doing something wrong or my unit is faulty. I've kept a bag full of all my old Iolite scraps and when I dumped my Thermovape scraps into the bag it was obvious. The ABV I threw in had more black, but also more green than anything else in the bag.

Thermovape ABV in bag of Iolite ABV
Fresh ABV comparison

Another thing I noticed was after about five hits my battery sleeve was on fire. It gets so hot I really do have to remove my thumb by reflex to prevent burning. Unless I'm just being a really big baby which is also completely possible. I looked closer and noticed it looked like the front side of the main body had a small crevice where it meets the heater core body. I unscrewed the main section to remove the batteries and noticed there's a very small dent in the aluminum right where it's supposed to thread in. I don't know if this has anything to do with the problems I'm having, but it seems like air might be able to leak through it. This is kind of hard to explain so here are some pictures.

Front with crevice and Back how it's supposed to look.
Dent #1
Dent #2

Also, I forgot to mention, the first time I fired it up by the third hit the middle Delrin sleeve was so loose it just spins around freely. It's hard to squeeze it tight enough to actually unthread that section until it cools off, but this really is just a cosmetic problem. It's not that big of a deal.

Now onto the batteries. I'm not sure where the sixty minute charge time figure came from. I've been keeping a tally on some of my charge times from a wall socket and this is what I've gotten.

90 minutes
100 minutes
105 minutes
105 minutes

Now I still haven't had the problem of running out of batteries to use, but this is still way longer than I expected.

As for portability, this thing is the king. I tried it out in a bar a couple nights ago and it was perfect. That's something I could never do with my Iolite. Just want a quick hit or two? You can do that. And it rules.

I was kind of hoping this would be so great I could sell my Iolite. But until somebody can teach me to vape my weed consistently, it's going to be the Iolite for around the house and vaping with friends. I used the Thermovape with a friend and neither of us were as medicated as we wanted from a single pair of batteries. And the vaped weed always still shows green even after multiple stirs.

Sorry if this sounds like a negative review. If I use the Thermovape completely by myself I do get pretty ripped from a single pair of batteries. The last time I used it I got a good 16 hits before they died. It just seems like there's a slight learning curve that I haven't quite figured out yet. I can't get visible vapor after 3-4 hits even with stirring after each hit and there is always still green showing when the batteries die. It's weird. I know it's working cause I'm getting blazed, it just concerns me that there might still be wasted goods. I've been using the Iolite for nine months and I've never had ABV this green or this black before. If anybody has any tips at all I'd love to hear them. I'm about to put it to use again and I'll definitely keep everybody updated.

Edit: I forgot to mention I've been using herb that's more on the dry side. I've tried inhaling faster, slow, and the sip n store and I seem to get the most consistent coulds from long slow sips just like I do with my Iolite. I find it more efficient if I loosely pack it half full or less.

Unfortunately, my experience so far with the TV has been about the same as yours. I'm still experimenting with grind and technique. Any suggestions from the guys that stated this is the portable SSV?

Kaptan,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Hello,

I've used my ThermoVape enough now that I see some problems, and some possible solutions/enhancements.

So this is Part 1 of some things that I would like to see fixed, because it seems like things would work better if modified or changed.

I took some time to model a ThermoVape in my favorite 3D Program, really quickly and show the changes, instead of just explain in text or try to describe. They say a picture is worth a thousand words :)

ThermoVape Modification Part 1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tv1u.jpg

tvbowl.jpg

Rounded and non-stick half bowl on both ends.

It's really hard to scrape out the vaped material. It sticks to the (CNC'd?) grooves inside, and the corners of the non-round cut bowl, and near the holes and the inside holes themselves. The stickier and finer the particles of the vaporable, the more gets stuck.

Having a NON-STICK AND ROUNDED bowl on both sides, means you can remove the vaporables easier. You can actually just push them from one half-bowl to the other, the preferred(?) method so far, other than dumping it into your hands or other surface.

Having a NON-STICK AND ROUNDED bowl on both sides, also means you can possibly even stir the vaproables in a sort of "MAGIC 8-BALL" type fashion, by turning the ThermoVape. Maybe the vaporables can even form a ball that could roll around freely? You would not need to open it, to "stir it" - you could just turn/shake the ThermoVape around. A good thing since the ThermoVape is almost indestructible.

You would also be able to push the material out, or just dig it out with a finger or fingernail easily.

There are two things that I would like to mention also.

1. If the bowls could be made as big as possible, and/or form a capsule like shape instead of a sphere shape, than it could hold more material. I would rather have more material in the bowl ready to go and stir, then less and open the ThermoVape and reload. Maybe there can be different bowl sizes as upgrades/additions.

2. The non-stick surface can either be some type of coating or certain type of micro-surface on the inside of the bowl. I don't know enough about this technology but I know it's possible many different ways. Reynolds Wrap makes a non-stick foil that I swear by for aluminum cooking and other uses. There are also ceramic coverings water-bonded to aluminum/stainless steel on fryings pans that withstand high temps. I have a pan called the Eco-Pan that does an amazing nonstick job. There are also certain ways to score/form the surface of a material to make it more slippery or non-stick. I've seen there are technologies still emerging so I don't know if the specific technology is there yet, but there are many options.

Please let me know what you think.

sessnet,
Okay guys. This last time just went really well. I kept a tally of my hits and which ones produced visible vapor. My technique was the same every time. 5 second warm up, 10-12 second very slow sip, then give it a 3-5 second fast sip as I let off the battery sleeve. I packed it loosely, a little less than half full. I stirred the bowl after every two or three hits. The first few hits where big thick clouds as usual. Hits 4-5 were lightly visible, but I could tell I was still getting good hits. 6 felt like a weaker hit. No visible vapor. Hit 7 produced a big cloud and I started feeling very high. 8 was a big cloud. 9 was still visible. By hit 10 I was completely ripped. 11-12 felt like it was starting to die off. By hit 14 I didn't feel like I got anything at all, but the sleeve was flaming hot. So I checked to see if the core was still lighting up and it wasn't. But I noticed the battery sleeve still got extremely hot every time I pushed it up. Seems kind of weird. Anyways, I noticed that I start feeling high way earlier with this than I do with my Iolite. By hit three I was already feeling great whereas with my Iolite fifteen minutes can pass before I start feeling anything at all. Oh, and my ABV seems a lot more consistently brown this time than it ever has. Check it out.

ABV

There is definitely a learning curve with this thing, but I'm glad to say I think I might have figured it out.

goodgreenganja,

OF

goodgreenganja said:
Okay guys. This last time just went really well. I kept a tally of my hits and which ones produced visible vapor. My technique was the same every time. 5 second warm up, 10-12 second very slow sip, then give it a 3-5 second fast sip as I let off the battery sleeve. I packed it loosely, a little less than half full. I stirred the bowl after every two or three hits.

Glad you stuck with it and reported back. Folks trying to decide should take note, the machine, herb and batteries didn't change. Just the technique. I'm afraid too many guys are reading about a guy or two having trouble and are scared off. They never put it together. Thanks for the follow up.

I agree with your experiences. I too have been getting serious results ('big clouds', bigger than I normally want) basically that way. Fine grind, partial fill, mixing the load often and my latest theme; keeping the sucker warm. I got to thinking the higher the starting temperature, the less heat needed to get back to the magic temperature. Opening it up cools it quickly, once the bud is dry enough I'm just backing the cap off and shaking it for the most part before tightening it back for another toke.

It's also worth noting this is not like MFLB in it's response to pulling. With LB slow draws raise temperature, just the opposite here. If you leave LB alone it goes over temp, TV never heats the herb really. The key is in the draw, but the control mechanism is different.

It does take some learning but it also does a good job in many modes. It's not like LB, Iolite, and the others it's compared to most often. I think it's more like the Vapor Giene.

I too am happy I got mine.....granted it's no Revolution, but...

Kaptan said:

90 minutes
100 minutes
105 minutes
105 minutes

This is actually right, basically. You're charging pairs, right? So the available charging current is divided? Try charging one at a time.

OK, OK. But if you were making the charger, how would you label it? FWIW, this is 'industry standard'. Check the charger that comes with MFLB, same deal. Don't think of it so much as slow with two cells as fast with one?

OF

OF,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
sessnet said:
There are also ceramic coverings water-bonded to aluminum/stainless steel on fryings pans that withstand high temps.

I would do a lot of research and testing first before you try this particular idea. The Arizer Solo's first models had a bowl that was covered in ceramic bonded through that procedure and it must be costing them a fortune on warranty replacements now after the coating came off on a lot (if not all) of the units. They switched to a stainless steel bowl now.

OhTheAgony,

PB88123

Vaporist
I just loaned my SSV to my friend so they can see if they like it and I will be using my TV only for a couple weeks. I put in fresh batteries and loosely packed a bowl this morning. I was outside and used it 4 times and couldn't see any vapor but knew it was working. I did take the cap off and stir/break it apart due to it sticking together the first 4 times I used it.

A hour later I took it out and took 2 quick hits to show a friend how it works. I didn't stir it or try to produce vapor.

I took it out again tonight (7 hours after I first used it) and I hit it 5 times and since it was so dry I just turned it over and gave it a good shake. It was dark so no visible vapor but I knew it was working and a hour later I was still going strong.

I just emptied it out and nothing is black and everything is evenly vaped. I think the key is always stirring/shaking depending on how dry your stuff is.

I also just turned it on and about 5 seconds later the batteries died. I did let it heat up for 7-8 seconds for the last couple hits and I do hit it for a good 15 seconds. So it looks like 10-12 good hits on a pair of batteries so keep that in mind when you go out with 6 fully charged batteries that you will get at least 30 hits.

I am using a sticky, dry, high grade. I have some not so good stuff that would take me 7-9 hits to feel the same as the 3-4 hits it takes me with this good stuff.

I think there is a learning curve. I pack it loosely. I carry a toothpick to break it up either in the bowl or top cap every time I use it. Then once I know it is dry and will move around when I shake it I will do that. I can get around 10 hits before the battery dies. Depending on how much you pack there may still be green left. (Good thing, right?) The heat has never bothered me yet. It does stick to some holes in the top cap but the TV still gets the job done so I don't have any concern about that.

Hope this helps and shows that with the right quality and stirring and a slow draw for 15 seconds that it works for me.

Edit: Just put in fresh batteries and put back in what I was vaping before I hit it 3 times and the 2nd and 3rd time got 2 good size clouds for the 13th and 14th hit. I let it heat up for 8 seconds and pulled really slow for 15 seconds and my throat got warm.

I just emptied the bowl and now everything is a light brown or just brown. I should be able to get a couple more and make it dark brown.

PB88123,

Kaptan

Here's a tip for those that are inhaling bits that come through the cap filter. You can just loosely place a screen on top of a loaded bowl. After 4 or 5 hits there was no increase temp on the screen. Even with a few shakes between hits, there wasn't much herb that got trapped above the screen.

Kaptan,

VaporNinja

Looks like my Vapman is back to work again. I am not very happy with the uneven heatting. this is disappointing, for $250, I'm expecting something that's thoroughly tested, not merely in durability, but in USAGE and EFFICIENCY...

pro:
+Nice form factor
+fast heat up
+possible to get a few tasty rips on the go (more hits if you have more spare batteries)

con:
-Terrible battery life (around 10 hits)
-Battery gets disturbingly HOT when in use
-heats your load unevenly, having to stir in between hits go the go sucks

VaporNinja,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well glad to say I couldn't wait anymore and I pulled the trigger on this one. I am really excited and hope it will suit my personal taste better than the MFLB did. Not to stir an old pot but I did my due diligence before ordering directly from TV and found a free shipping coupon on another forum:

http://www.medicalmarijuanablog.com...rst-all-american-made-portable-vaporizer.html :worms:

From the site: "Use promo code CLOFS to get free shipping (or up to $20 in shipping costs) directly from us at www.thermovape.com. "

t-dub

t-dub,

OF

PB88123 said:
I just loaned my SSV to my friend so they can see if they like it and I will be using my TV only for a couple weeks.

First off all, what a nice thing to do for a friend. We hear horror stories all the time of stoner brothers, friends and others wrecking good gear right in front of owners let alone outside their control. Sounds like yer bud's got a good friend, he's lucky in that, I hope he appreciates it.

I fully agree with you about the TV. It seems to have great potential for users of different stripes. Those who want efficiency and speed as well as those looking for horse choking clouds have a chance here if they lean the device and can 'live with' the limitations that must happen with the trade offs needed. Yes, it's expensive 'for what it is' but I think the quality and solid design offset at least some of that. You get what you pay for, at least to some level.

I think it provides a useful option to many that should be considered, not for everyone no doubt, but it has my recommendation too.

OF

OF,

OF

t-dub said:
Well glad to say I couldn't wait anymore and I pulled the trigger on this one. I am really excited and hope it will suit my personal taste better than the MFLB did. Not to stir an old pot but I did my due diligence before ordering directly from TV and found a free shipping coupon on another forum:

http://www.medicalmarijuanablog.com...rst-all-american-made-portable-vaporizer.html

From the site: "Use promo code CLOFS to get free shipping (or up to $20 in shipping costs) directly from us at www.thermovape.com. "

t-dub

You know, now that you bring it up, I think I got free shipping from them without this code? And scary fast too. Then again, they were no doubt trying to shut me up.....and while they didn't succeed, I'm sure they consider the shipping costs worth the chance.

I like my LBs (and other units) but think the TV has some strong advantages to offer to some part of the user community. Not 'the perfect answer' of course (if that even exists) but for many a step or two that way. Mine's not for sale.

Good luck with your experiments, the goal is worth the quest IMO. And even when it falls a bit short, it can still be pretty good......

OF

OF,
Top Bottom