Discontinued ThermoVape

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thank you very much :) I view this as how warrantys SHOULD be, I mean you made the product after all, why does the fact that ____ sold it mean it should no longer work? That being said very few companies seem to be doing this. I really think it is a great thing you do and it sets you above the competition.

Thanks for the reassurance, but I don't expect my T1 to die any time soon.

You guys are so awesome.

Yeh i second that peloton, i love your way of maintaining things perfectly capable of working, over the years.. to keep it alive. If every company had this motif the world would be a much better place :)

Thanks guys. We do believe that is how customers who believe in us by purchasing our product should be treated.

Furthermore, we do not care where you purchased the ThermoVape, ebay, amazon, yard sale, the illicit vaporizer black market in Nicaragua... we do not care. If you own a ThermoVape, we have you covered.

Cheers,

Noah

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Is the removable delrin cover from the Evo adapter capable of fitting on the Rev adapter? Is it possible to get a delrin cover for a Rev adapter?​

PhreedomPhries,

OF

Is the removable delrin cover from the Evo adapter capable of fitting on the Rev adapter? Is it possible to get a delrin cover for a Rev adapter?​

Interesting idea, but it'll have to be a custom. The Evolution is too big in diameter and too short to fit well.

OF

OF,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Interesting idea, but it'll have to be a custom. The Evolution is too big in diameter and too short to fit well.

OF
To be clear, I am referring to the Evolution Interface; the adapter at the base which transforms the T1 wide thread pattern into the 510 thread pattern. I think you may be referring to the delrin insulating body, OF. Are these two parts interchangeable, in terms of the delrin cover?:

http://thermovape.com/collections/botanical-convection-vaporizers-parts/products/evolution-interface

and this

http://thermovape.com/collections/essential-oil-vaporizers-parts/products/adapter-interface

Thanks!

Nevermind, as I believe I stand corrected. Let me know if I am wrong; though I now see, upon close inspection, the differences I think you were referring to. I'm pretty sure you didn't misunderstand. That's too bad, a delrin cover for that Rev adapter would look cool for the T1.

PhreedomPhries,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
To be clear, I am referring to the Evolution Interface; the adapter at the base which transforms the T1 wide thread pattern into the 510 thread pattern. I think you may be referring to the delrin insulating body, OF. Are these two parts interchangeable, in terms of the delrin cover?:

http://thermovape.com/collections/botanical-convection-vaporizers-parts/products/evolution-interface

and this

http://thermovape.com/collections/essential-oil-vaporizers-parts/products/adapter-interface

Thanks!

Nevermind, as I believe I stand corrected. Let me know if I am wrong; though I now see, upon close inspection, the differences I think you were referring to. I'm pretty sure you didn't misunderstand. That's too bad, a delrin cover for that Rev adapter would look cool for the T1.

Those are not interchangeable in regards to the Delrin cover.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I guess my next, related, question would be whether a Rev/Dart cart can fit properly on the Evo adapter? That would solve/suit my aesthetic preference, if the Evo adapter works for either/or. Does it?

PhreedomPhries,

OF

and this

Thanks!

Yes, you had me fooled all right, sorry wrong answer. Still an interesting idea, though, might add battery life.....

No, the two parts are different under the cover. The don't even look a lot alike. For openers there's the three pins through the cover to link it, no holes in the original version. This upgrade also makes less sense in Evolution and Revolution or e-cig juice rigs because it doesn't have the liquid trap to protect the switch and battery from leaks and spills. You need to change one part for the two piece assembly gaining the insulation and loosing the liquid trap.

Or so I think. But given how close I was last time.....

OF

OF,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Yes, you had me fooled all right, sorry wrong answer. Still an interesting idea, though, might add battery life.....

No, the two parts are different under the cover. The don't even look a lot alike. For openers there's the three pins through the cover to link it, no holes in the original version. This upgrade also makes less sense in Evolution and Revolution or e-cig juice rigs because it doesn't have the liquid trap to protect the switch and battery from leaks and spills. You need to change one part for the two piece assembly gaining the insulation and loosing the liquid trap.

Or so I think. But given how close I was last time.....

OF
I believe you even anticipated my subsequent question in the answer you provided, OF. So, in practice, the Evo adapter cannot be successfully used with the Dart? They must remain mutually exclusive accessories? Thank you for the info.

PhreedomPhries,

OF

I believe you even anticipated my subsequent question in the answer you provided, OF. So, in practice, the Evo adapter cannot be successfully used with the Dart? They must remain mutually exclusive accessories? Thank you for the info.

You're welcome.

But I really think you might be on to something here. A modified version of the insulating cover, complete with mouthpiece, could also fit over the DART or Revolution I think. And seal to it with o-rings on the outside. The extra insulation might cut heat and especially reheat times saving a lot of battery in the process........

Food for thought. Tim, you got your ears on?

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I guess my next, related, question would be whether a Rev/Dart cart can fit properly on the Evo adapter? That would solve/suit my aesthetic preference, if the Evo adapter works for either/or. Does it?

If you are asking if the insulated interface that the Evo heat core screws down into, will work for the Rev/Dart heat core, yes mine fit in there just fine. The derlin cover part of the insulated interface, however, does not work with any other part.

jambandphan03,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
If you are asking if the insulated interface that the Evo heat core screws down into, will work for the Rev/Dart heat core, yes mine fit in there just fine. The derlin cover part of the insulated interface, however, does not work with any other part.
Oh, bonus. So, if I understand you correct Phan, you're saying you do not experience any of the problems with leaking or spillage, as OF mentioned? I plan to use budder/wax with the Rev, so hopefully it would not be too much of an issue. But in the event an occasional oil were to go in, would that lead to problems? You seem to suggest it would not. That is of interest to buy one adapter that will work for the Rev/Dart and the Evo both, in case I happen to procure both of them.

PhreedomPhries,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I don't usually load enough at a time to cause any leaks or spills. I guess I am conservative with loading oils. I looked at the threaded part of my insulated interface, and it doesn't seem to have any holes, or air path for oil to leak down into. Is this thing not sealed? I am not sure about that part. I know the derlin part comes off, but that doesn't effect the threaded part where the oil would leak, so I am not too sure about that. I know my Rev/Dart does fit on it, though, and if you are not putting too much in at a time, leaks shouldn't be much of a problem with the Dart. It's a tough call since I don't have all the info about the insulated interface working for the Dart/Rev.

TV are you guys around to chime in on this??

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
ive been using my Dart with insulated interface with no problems. never had any leaks.
This is good to hear. Does it happen to be true in reverse as well? ie, Does the Evo heat core (and the insulating body) fit properly on the Rev interface, likewise? Thanks guys!

PhreedomPhries,

2clicker

Observer
This is good to hear. Does it happen to be true in reverse as well? ie, Does the Evo heat core (and the insulating body) fit properly on the Rev interface, likewise? Thanks guys!

yes of course

evowhite.jpg

evoblack.jpg

OF

So, if I understand you correct Phan, you're saying you do not experience any of the problems with leaking or spillage, as OF mentioned?

Two points. First it's not my point, it's TVs; it's Noah (IIRC) who first mentioned it, Tim repeated it I believe. Secondly, there's an 'if' in there. You have to have a leak to start with, the interface doesn't cause a leak, but it also won't stop one that happens if it's not there as I understand it.

Sorry, I thought that was clear.

OF

OF,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
A few things about the "leakage" with the different interfaces with Rev's; If you leave your Rev in a hot car and your using an essential oil concentrate you may notice a little leakage, the key with this is to always leave your Rev stored vertical... or to not leave it in a hot car... ;)

The standard Revolution/liquid interface has a small reservoir to help prevent leaking, it is more of a build in splash shield that can hold a tiny bit of fluid. The Evolution interface does not have this design built into it as it is specifically designed for the Evolution which doesn't carry any liquid concentrates.

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,
Reactions: OF

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Thanks guys. We do believe that is how customers who believe in us by purchasing our product should be treated.

Furthermore, we do not care where you purchased the ThermoVape, ebay, amazon, yard sale, the illicit vaporizer black market in Nicaragua... we do not care. If you own a ThermoVape, we have you covered.

Cheers,

Noah
THIS^^^ is as it should be and why I love the team over at ThermoEseence Technologies.

t-dub,

OF

OK, guys, let's see if we can get a little bit of life into this here thread. I've been mulling over just how to bring this up for a bit now and can't make up my mind so I figure I'll just lay it out.

First off, IMO this is definitely an area for EXPERT USERS of the T1 as it was designed. It is not, by any stretch of the imagination, some net.secret anybody can use to get bigger clouds. Nor is it something the (not nearly clever enough) engineers failed to consider IMO. If you're not an expert, IMO you should just avoid the whole thing until you are, enjoy the T1 as designed.

I also believe that if you try this scheme, even once, you've violated your warranty and should not expect TV to replace the unit if you kill it trying this....or anytime afterward. You will be abusing it in a manner not supported by the maker and outside the original guarantee. How they would know this, I don't know, but I guess I think guys should take responsibility for their wishes to 'live on the wild side' and not expect the rest of us to pay for it. Make no mistake about it, that's what happens when guys abuse warranty plans, the 'cost of goods sold' goes up therefore the purchase price for everyone who is honest. 'nuf said on the subject?

Anyway, whatever you do don't ever, for any reason, buy a set or two of these:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR163...LiMN-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_2626.html

Never charge them in your charger (remembering to use the 3.7 Volt setting, so if you only have the factory charger for the 3.0 Volt LiFePO cells you might get this):
http://www.lighthound.com/DSD-2-Station-Charger_p_290.html

I didn't try that one as my WF-188 does a great job on these little guys.

I'm sure you follow where I'm going with this? This is a serious overload for the T1 in Standard Voltage (6 Volts), don't even consider it for LV. It absolutely will combust on you if you give it even half a chance. It makes it behave entirely differently vape. There is no preheat period, try that and it'll probably blow up or at least be in flames before you get there. Pulse it on for a second or two (at most) at a time and pull like mad. Be careful not to let it get away from you, you can hurt yourself this way.....trust me, it was worse than the other day testing the 8 prototype. Combustion is nasty stuff when you're not ready....some might say even when you are.

So that's it. I'm not going to recommend it, in fact I caution against it unless you're absolutely sure you can manage the machine better than the maker ever expected. And you're willing to take responsibility for the risks of your action (and not expect the warranty to pay for you). If you're down with both those ideas, I think it's a route to some truly shocking hits. The T1 can become a true beast this way. I suspect when coupled with a nice bong it could be a powerful tool, perhaps the top of class?

And before someone asks, no, I do not think it's a good idea to try in Evolution, Revolution, DART, the e-juice adapters or anything else TV makes.

You can light a BBQ with a flame thrower, but not everyone should try? IMO this isn't very far from that. Use with caution if at all.

So there you have it. If you get killed trying, or burn the house down.....I don't know you.

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
OF, just out of curiosity, what would happen if I accidentally happened to try this with my Evo?

Not that I ever would.... or that you have.... but in theory??

Stu,

OF

OF, just out of curiosity, what would happen if I accidentally happened to try this with my Evo?

Not that I ever would.... or that you have.... but in theory??

In all seriousness I advise against it. Based on the normal times, I don't think there's enough margin in there, you'll probably blow the element at some flaw before the rest of the element can get up to temperature. The 'swim up' in such things can be brutal at the grain level until everywhere is up to temperature. There's a lot of leverage going on at near atomic levels as it heats (less so as it cools) "Thermal shock" will most likely kill it. I've no idea what damage I may have done to my T1 core but I gave it several dozen hard starts in an row and intend to try again some more later.

Don't do it, I think you'll need a more massive heater body to take the blow. Which is mostly why I said, "And before someone asks, no, I do not think it's a good idea to try in Evolution, Revolution, DART, the e-juice adapters or anything else TV makes." I haven't really changed my mind about that in the last 28 minutes.....

OF

OF,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
That's what I figured, but since you put the idea in my head...... well.

Thanks for the info. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a BBQ to light....
images

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
OK, guys, let's see if we can get a little bit of life into this here thread. I've been mulling over just how to bring this up for a bit now and can't make up my mind so I figure I'll just lay it out.
OF
That'll do er.
Will weed out any flaw elements quick enough. Like the idea that you have more then enough heat and actually would need to kicker down a nought on effort.
Excellent find OF.
:bowdown:
I too would totally not recommend it without knowing your pushing the limits.
And I bet in the long run you would get more battery life as you take away allot of the wait time.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Pipes,
Top Bottom