Discontinued ThermoVape

Hey Thermovape is there any realistic timeline for when there will be a better battery for the TV. I love the device but the batteries completely kill it. It is a very hard device to travel with because 3 sets will only get you through like 2 1/2 bowls at most. At this point all of my batteries are pretty much useless and I really don't feel like spending 10$ a pair for new ones. I'm hoping there will be some revolutionary new batteries that come out sooner. I love the device with a fresh set of batteries, it's just it would be nice if a set of batteries gave 50+ hits. My buddies Solo charges for an hour (the time of one set of tv batteries) and he can vape multiple bowls on one charge. The solo is definitely a lot bigger but its not so much bigger that the battery life should 20x that of the TV. I'm really just hoping you guys have something revolutionary coming out quickly.

Futuretvowner,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Hey Thermovape is there any realistic timeline for when there will be a better battery for the TV. I love the device but the batteries completely kill it. It is a very hard device to travel with because 3 sets will only get you through like 2 1/2 bowls at most. At this point all of my batteries are pretty much useless and I really don't feel like spending 10$ a pair for new ones. I'm hoping there will be some revolutionary new batteries that come out sooner. I love the device with a fresh set of batteries, it's just it would be nice if a set of batteries gave 50+ hits. My buddies Solo charges for an hour (the time of one set of tv batteries) and he can vape multiple bowls on one charge. The solo is definitely a lot bigger but its not so much bigger that the battery life should 20x that of the TV. I'm really just hoping you guys have something revolutionary coming out quickly.

Its the battery technology holding them back, they aren't using random garbage. Such a magic battery doesn't really exist for this use yet.

I'd work on the technique though. I'd say 1 set of batteries will always get me one full bowl for sure.

darkrom,
Reactions: OF
Its the battery technology holding them back, they aren't using random garbage. Such a magic battery doesn't really exist for this use yet.

I'd work on the technique though. I'd say 1 set of batteries will always get me one full bowl for sure.
Yes I understand it's the battery technology holding them back, I'm just wondering when there will be better battery technology. I've had my device for over 5 months now, I have tried every technique there is. In the end it boils down to newer batteries work better than older batteries, my old batteries barely work now.

Futuretvowner,
Honestly, when I ordered this device there was a quote on the TV website that said each pair of charged batteries lasted for 20 minutes. Knowing what I know now I would most likely not purchase the device. Even with all of the AMAZING customer service and replacements TV has sent me I still feel like the $263.91 was not worth it.

Futuretvowner,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Yes I understand it's the battery technology holding them back, I'm just wondering when there will be better battery technology. I've had my device for over 5 months now, I have tried every technique there is. In the end it boils down to newer batteries work better than older batteries, my old batteries barely work now.
I agree completely and when I hear folks stating they are still using the same batteries after months I have to scratch my head. I've had mine for over 4 months now and on my 3rd round of batteries. First round I admit I may have abused from frustration and learning curve. I think I over heated them and they just can't push the T1 worth crap any more. The second round I purchased I was very gentle with them as far as avoiding completely discharging and waiting between hits etc. but as you state they have declined to the point where they can no longer get hot enough to complete the task they start. The newest 2 sets can still cause combustion if not careful as did the previous rounds. So they definitely lose performance fairly quickly IMHO.
They are a couple options for you. One is here: Use at Own Risk
But you didn't hear it from me. :cool: Un-explored waters.
The other is to conserve some battery life by means of a power adapter freeing you from batteries while at home or around an AC plug. I heard there is some geek around here who might make one up. Read back a few pages.
I too love my T1 and is just sooo convenient for me.
:smug: Cheers,
Pipes

I agree completely and when I hear folks stating they are still using the same batteries after months I have to scratch my head. I've had mine for over 4 months now and on my 3rd round of batteries. First round I admit I may have abused from frustration and learning curve. I think I over heated them and they just can't push the T1 worth crap any more. The second round I purchased I was very gentle with them as far as avoiding completely discharging and waiting between hits etc. but as you state they have decline to the point where they can no longer get hot enough to complete the task they start. The newest 2 sets can still cause combustion if not careful as did the previous rounds. So they definitely lose performance fairly quickly IMHO.
They are a couple options for you. One is here: Use at Own Risk
But you didn't hear it from me. :cool:
The other is to conserve some battery life by means of a power adapter freeing you from batteries while at home or around an AC plug. I heard there is some geek around here who might make one up. Read back a few pages.
I too love my T1 and is just sooo convenient for me.
:smug: Cheers,
Pipes
Is there a link to the details about your power adapter such as price, what it looks like, etc?

Futuretvowner,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Here is a pic of original units.

P1030633.jpg

This is the adapter part installed in the handle (little longer cord then original picture)

PigTailOut2.jpg

Main discussion starts here: First Prototype discussion

Happy users:
Engineer1 and
Towelieeeee
There are others but not FC members.

Charging $65 including shipping. PM me if interested.
Cheers,
Pipes
;)

Pipes,
Here is a pic of original units.

P1030633.jpg

This is the adapter part installed in the handle (little longer cord then original picture)

PigTailOut2.jpg

Main discussion starts here: First Prototype discussion

Happy users:
Engineer1 and
Towelieeeee
There are others but not FC members.

Charging $65 including shipping. PM me if interested.
Cheers,
Pipes
;)
That looks pretty nice but around this time of year I need my TV to be portable, come august I will definitely invest in one of these!

Futuretvowner,

2clicker

Observer
TV said this a month ago, "mvapes: Yes, we have made progress! We are working on this daily... we are now prototyping! It will be coming as a T1/Rev accessory in the not too distant future, although the leaves may be changing color by the time we have thoroughly tested and optimized the unit. It is not a passthrough adapter, it's better."

found this some pages back... any word on this?

2clicker,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have one of Pipes pasthrough heading my way, stuck in postage limbo right now. I will post more when I have it and get to try it out. Hopefully we will get some updates from TV about the PT system they have been working on, I am eager to hear the news as well. So far it is my understanding that the Pipes PT will only work for the T1 (as of right now) which is good, but it would be awesome if it ends up working ok for the Evo 6v. I know there is more testing to be done with that.

jambandphan03,

OF

We are all eager to hear how the TV official pass-through is doing :)

Makes sense to me, too.

When the time comes, I bet the delay in spreading the good news will be related to typing speed. Plus spell checking, of course. In keeping with their business model (which is IMO the most common one in the area, most makers protect such 'secrets' with vigor).

I know it's on their list, but also think they are dealing with higher priority demands at present. Like say a 18650 based supply. Things to 'complete the family' before branching out. Only so many silver bullets you know. I recall them saying early on that their initial efforts were for portable units, not table top ones. Still the MFLB experience shows a PA can be a useful and fairly popular accessory. IIRC it took quite some time for MF to get their PA out? And I suspect the volume is a few percent of MFLB volume at best? Do any dealers even carry it?

Not an easy issue. I'm glad it's not my call.

OF

OF,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer

We firmly stand behind the batteries we use, and with proper usage and charging technique they will give you the "1000 charges" they are capable of. The most important thing to ensure long battery life is to ONLY charge them once they are cooled down to room temperature, not allowing them to do so will significantly decrease their lifespan.

Right now we are waiting for our battery manufacturer to finish our prototypes so that we can begin testing. Ill keep you updated when it gets closer.

I have one of Pipes pass-through heading my way, stuck in postage limbo right now. I will post more when I have it and get to try it out. Hopefully we will get some updates from TV about the PT system they have been working on, I am eager to hear the news as well. So far it is my understanding that the Pipes PT will only work for the T1 (as of right now) which is good, but it would be awesome if it ends up working ok for the Evo 6v. I know there is more testing to be done with that.

Well now that I'm finally rested after a VERY busy weekend getting every ones orders packaged up and ready to ship I’m able to look at FC, and boy there is a lot of reading to catch up on!

I think i need to start off with the PA from Pipes and make sure everyone knows our stand on it. I was lucky enough to have Pipes send me one so that we can do some testing on it and see its limitations. Well..... its not looking too promising.......

First thing i did was try it out on my own personal T1 (mind you I’ve had this same core since the start of January, I’ve even been using it to test 7.4V regularly) and it immediately burnt out one coil in the core. I then proceeded to test the output of it and it read at 9V (under load it should read lower volts due to it reaching capacity. There is more testing to do when we have time, and we may even enlist in someone else’s EXPERT skills to do some more testing ;).

So as it stands right now we can NOT recommend the PA, There is too much variation in the power supply being that its not a regulated power adapter.

Makes sense to me, too.

When the time comes, I bet the delay in spreading the good news will be related to typing speed. Plus spell checking, of course. In keeping with their business model (which is IMO the most common one in the area, most makers protect such 'secrets' with vigor).

I know it's on their list, but also think they are dealing with higher priority demands at present. Like say a 18650 based supply. Things to 'complete the family' before branching out. Only so many silver bullets you know. I recall them saying early on that their initial efforts were for portable units, not table top ones. Still the MFLB experience shows a PA can be a useful and fairly popular accessory. IIRC it took quite some time for MF to get their PA out? And I suspect the volume is a few percent of MFLB volume at best? Do any dealers even carry it?

Not an easy issue. I'm glad it's not my call.

OF

This is correct, we have some more pressing additions that we are focusing on, some of which would eliminate the need for a PA for most people.

Now... for some new news!!!!

We are going to offer a Core-rebuild service! All you would need to do it add the "core rebuild" item to your order, you will receive an envelope to send your core back to us, and we'll rebuild it for you. We are still working on what pricing will be but thinking the range of 14.99 for domestic, and 24.99 for international. There would be a required cleaning procedure of an ISO soak, a boil, a burn or a combination of the three. (There will be clear instructions on the order)

Cheers,

Tim

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well now that I'm finally rested after a VERY busy weekend getting every ones orders packaged up and ready to ship I’m able to look at FC, and boy there is a lot of reading to catch up on!

I think i need to start off with the PA from Pipes and make sure everyone knows our stand on it. I was lucky enough to have Pipes send me one so that we can do some testing on it and see its limitations. Well..... its not looking too promising.......

First thing i did was try it out on my own personal T1 (mind you I’ve had this same core since the start of January, I’ve even been using it to test 7.4V regularly) and it immediately burnt out one coil in the core. I then proceeded to test the output of it and it read at 9V (under load it should read lower volts due to it reaching capacity. There is more testing to do when we have time, and we may even enlist in someone else’s EXPERT skills to do some more testing ;).

So as it stands right now we can NOT recommend the PA, There is too much variation in the power supply being that its not a regulated power adapter.

Cheers,

Tim

Knowing this now, doesn't change the fact that my package is already in transit. I will take every caution, checking voltage prior to use, and if it shows any indication that it is not running at a low enough voltage, I will not use the Pipe's PT. I am a bit put off by this news, as there was no mention of this being an issue from the maker. I was told there are a few out there now being used successfully, but only with the T1 core. I am already throwing money down the drain on other products trying to get this method to work, so it's not much more of a stretch to add this on to the list of fails, assuming it is a fail. The last thing I want to do is burn out my new T1 core, so I will be acutely aware of what the PT is putting out voltage wise,before I try to use it. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised. My first concern is safety, second is function. I understand the need to put your warning out there TV, and appreciate the info.

jambandphan03,

OF

We are going to offer a Core-rebuild service! All you would need to do it add the "core rebuild" item to your order, you will receive an envelope to send your core back to us, and we'll rebuild it for you. We are still working on what pricing will be but thinking the range of 14.99 for domestic, and 24.99 for international. There would be a required cleaning procedure of an ISO soak, a boil, a burn or a combination of the three. (There will be clear instructions on the order)

Oh, this is cool. A rebuild would include a rewind as necessary, right? So I can change a SV to a LV (or the other way around) this way too, right? This includes all cores, so a truly fouled out Revolution or DART would come back working like new? While it's apart, could you swap out the tube and top and make a Revolution into a DART? That is transfer the core over to the new body after the rebuild. I could see that being popular......

On the PA front, I've been mulling Pam's experiences around in my tiny little mind, I'd like to borrow your Pipes unit (or at least take a long hard look at it in person) as he seems to also have some excellent successes. If it's the heat core I think it is (the one you've used to demo stuff for me?) and I were Pipes, I'd stay out of Dodge until this all blows over...... That sucker had been through a lot I'm sure. I assume it's been fixed long ago?

Anyway, great news with the rebuild service. Especially if it works out like I think it should from a customer point of view. I'll try to wonder by for a visit, I'd like to check into the PA idea myself, not that I'd want one myself right now.

Thanks.

OF

OF,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
For the re-builds we wont be able to change to a different style core because would would have to swap out the top pieces to the corresponding model name... sorry.....

We are also going to offer a TV maintenance services, so you would send in your whole TV and we would go through and re-nickle plate it, replace needed springs and o-rings. Im going to add a "Custom Services" Collection with all our new services as soon as i can.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I've had my TV since January. Just now my batteries are starting to lose performance. Grant it, they don't last long but I can definitely finish a bowl on each charge. I'm not f*cking with any PA's until they come directly from TV themselves. I for one cant afford to replace cores. I will go as far to say that this device's batteries **IMO** blow away the problems that riddle the batteries with the MFLB.

I hope that when our pals at TV eventually put out the PA it will have an adjustable power preference - that was one the thing the guys at magic flight dialed in perfectly. Well - back to my session, thanks again TV for a solid device.

mvapes,
This is correct, we have some more pressing additions that we are focusing on, some of which would eliminate the need for a PA for most people.

Cheers,

Tim

This is why I love TV! Could you elaborate a tiny bit more on what this could possibly be :clap: . Also I think your idea of offering Core rebuilding services and TV restoring is an AMAZING idea. I will definitely be sending my TV in at some point to have you guys check it out and to make sure the core is 100%. Thanks and keep up the great work!

Futuretvowner,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
To commemorate our fallen soldiers on this Memorial day we would like to offer you 25% off at ThermoVape.com!

Stay portable and healthy with your ThermoVape at this weekend's festivities by ordering soon to ensure your ThermoVape arrives in time!

Sale begins Tuesday May 22 and ends May 28th
Use code: MEMORIAL25

Cheers,

ThermoVape Team

2clicker

Observer

Cheers,

Tim

im curious as to why there is a charge for a core rebuild...? is this only for those who have violated the warranty? otherwise the warranty covers it no...?

just wondering

OF

If I remember right the core is only under warranty for 3 months.

That, I believe, is the issue. The batteries are not warrantied at all I believe, although I'm sure TV will quickly replace any defective ones. IMO both are consumables.

While the cores seem quite robust, it's nice to know that they can be made right for a IMO small sum.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom