• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued ThermoVape

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I use very high quality flowers

Something I have only had a handful of times in my 20+ years of "inhaling". Maybe that's what it is?

I know lots of shit gets sprayed, with any and every type of chemical, so maybe I am just one of the unfortunate...

That.... or I have one of the first models and maybe they have improved the bowl somehow to it's a little more nonstick?

And finally - I don't wipe it, I just brush it out with the MFLB brush..I wonder, if you do the same a few times if you notice the difference. Not that it's necessarily a good difference :)

sessnet,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
Something I have only had a handful of times in my 20+ years of "inhaling". Maybe that's what it is?
In my 30 years of inhaling I was very much in the same boat as you, I found a source for high quality flowers about the same time I received my TV1, that could very well be the difference. It had been a long time since I had anything other than mediocre flowers, and believe me, I was very excited.

My hopes for you that you might find some quality flowers, or maybe both of our states will finally come to realize the benefits of such a wonderful plant. I could only hope.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Its not the herb IMO I bet it comes down to the cleaning method.

While hot use a tissue (or your finger if a little sticky stinky isn't a big deal until you wash it) and wipe the bowl with some pressure. Comes out spotless every time. Try it once it cools and you have to sit there all day picking at it.

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
Its not the herb IMO I bet it comes down to the cleaning method.

While hot use a tissue (or your finger if a little sticky stinky isn't a big deal until you wash it) and wipe the bowl with some pressure. Comes out spotless every time. Try it once it cools and you have to sit there all day picking at it.
I have noticed that if I do a 'dump and grind' towards the end of the bowl, there is sometimes a sticky residue on the surface of the bowl, but when I finish hitting it 2 or 3 more times the stickiness goes away and I am left with nothing more than fine dust. Hot or cold, it does not matter, I just wipe the bowl with a t-shirt or cloth and the dust residue will dust right off of my shirt, no stickiness or stain left at all.

For me, cleaning the cap is a bigger job, and I have to clean the cap once a week to keep the holes clean. My unit is factory stock with no screens blocking the holes. Very occasionally I get a small piece in my mouth, for me no big deal, and the thought of damaging my bowl or cap with a screen is downright un-thinkable.

The way I can tell if my bowl is totally cashed is when the sticky residue is gone.Could it be that a few more final hits could be vaporizing the sticky residue from the bowl? I don't really know, but my bowl looks exactly the same as it did the day I received it, I have not used iso or boiled it to clean it, or had to use pressure, it just wipes out.

Maybe a little food for thought.

Dogman,

ReapsTwo

I'm curious, how big are the clouds that you guys get from your TV1s? Sometimes I have trouble getting really visible ones, is that just the nature of the beast?

ReapsTwo,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm curious, how big are the clouds that you guys get from your TV1s? Sometimes I have trouble getting really visible ones, is that just the nature of the beast?

I am actually quite good at getting big clouds with the TV now that I ditched the pure flow!

darkrom,

PB88123

Vaporist

I can see vapor when I don't exhale into a light source. It goes away quickly but I can see it 1-2 feet away as I exhale. Add in a flash light and it looks a lot bigger. I use a slow draw so the air stalls over the herb and heats it up which I believe gives me a bigger hit. Work on your technique and you will be blowing clouds out.

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Hey TV-
Need some help here. I purchased some 4.5 OHM cartomizers to use as spares for e-liquid to attach (with 510 adapter to my Atmos) and with e liquid adapter for TV-1 (which I already purchased from you) THese are rated as HR for 6.0 volt use.

They seem to burn up on my TV and they do not work on Atmos 510 battery either. I am just trying to avoid buying AVAs at $39.00 each and was hoping for a cheaper solution. I can understand your reason for wanting me to buy them from you, but I was hoping you might be able to help me salvage these and tell me how they would best be used as extras for my TV, or at least tell me what I am doing wrong and what else I could buy...

Thanks in advance...

Bluntcrush,

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
i would love to purchase this vape as it seems like it could be the mflb killer but its so damn expensive! hopefully, the prices will go down

NotPotRelated,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
i would love to purchase this vape as it seems like it could be the mflb killer but its so damn expensive! hopefully, the prices will go down
It is so expensive because it is built like a tank and is so efficient. I wold have paid another $100 for it, knowing what I know about it. Maybe a close-out in a year or so.

Dogman,

prk

I think it's more likely that, a year from now or however long, there will be a new improved model out, and you might be able to pick up a used one from another member here at FC. They seem to be pretty popular, I think I've only seen one in our classifieds? Just sayin'.

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
I think it's more likely that, a year from now or however long, there will be a new improved model out, and you might be able to pick up a used one from another member here at FC. They seem to be pretty popular, I think I've only seen one in our classifieds? Just sayin'.
Thank you

NotPotRelated,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
MY PA UPDATE:
I found a better power supply which is more suited for the PA adapter I have been using.

P1030621.jpg

It is basically a 24 VAC 49 watt transformer with a CT connection for 12 VAC.
Whats nice is that it is already installed in a case and only needed small modifications to work.
It was initially wired with 2ea. 12 VAC outs with two 4 amp fuses, one on each out.
I un-coupled the CT winding separtating the outputs and then put them in them parallel.
This would make the transformer basically a 12 VAC only with the full 49 watts avaliable.
Replaced one of the fuses with a 7 amp and the other with a rectifier diode.
Now, using only one diode will make the 12 VAC only 1/2 wave rectified thus cutting power in half acheiving the proper power to the element.
All looked good on paper. Tested while watching closely the element and sure enough, take 3-4 seconds and started getting hot about the same amount of time as a fresh battery.
Gave a test run. Perfect, just like having a fresh battery all the time. I was using the 5.5 volt supply I had posted ealier but felt like a 50% charged battery. Which was OK, but this puppy blows that one away.
Found I have to be careful though, as I had to modify my technique. Like after a crumble stirring, you have to pay attention to your pull as it will combust. Normally when your herb is near the end and is driest your batteries are running down as well so combustion is much rarer.
But the hits, you can if you like pull until the herb is virtually black looking but turns brown when cooled down. To me thats as far as you can take it without combusting the herb. Myself, do not like taking it that low as I believe most of the good stuff is already gone anyway and the risk of combustion gets too high.
Having control to take it that far without the battery level in the equation is just great.

P1030623.jpg

P1030622.jpg

In conclusion, I have already posted the way the handle went together now this seems to be the best power source which is both small and relatively cheap or scavengable.
Hope this helps anyone trying to DIY for a PA.

Oh, and have to give thanks to OF for the insight to use AC rather then a high current DC device. Makes it much more simple.

OF

MY PA UPDATE:
I found a better power supply which is more suited for the PA adapter I have been using.

It is basically a 24 VAC 49 watt transformer with a CT connection for 12 VAC.
Whats nice is that it is already installed in a case and only needed small modifications to work.
It was initially wired with 2ea. 12 VAC outs with two 4 amp fuses, one on each out.
I un-coupled the CT winding separtating the outputs and then put them in them parallel.
This would make the transformer basically a 12 VAC only with the full 49 watts avaliable.
Replaced one of the fuses with a 7 amp and the other with a rectifier diode.
Now, using only one diode will make the 12 VAC only 1/2 wave rectified thus cutting power in half acheiving the proper power to the element.
All looked good on paper. Tested while watching closely the element and sure enough, take 3-4 seconds and started getting hot about the same amount of time as a fresh battery.
Gave a test run. Perfect, just like having a fresh battery all the time. I was using the 5.5 volt supply I had posted ealier but felt like a 50% charged battery. Which was OK, but this puppy blows that one away.
Found I have to be careful though, as I had to modify my technique. Like after a crumble stirring, you have to pay attention to your pull as it will combust. Normally when your herb is near the end and is driest your batteries are running down as well so combustion is much rarer.
But the hits, you can if you like pull until the herb is virtually black looking but turns brown when cooled down. To me thats as far as you can take it without combusting the herb. Myself, do not like taking it that low as I believe most of the good stuff is already gone anyway and the risk of combustion gets too high.
Having control to take it that far without the battery level in the equation is just great.

In conclusion, I have already posted the way the handle went together now this seems to be the best power source which is both small and relatively cheap or scavengable.
Hope this helps anyone trying to DIY for a PA.

Oh, and have to give thanks to OF for the insight to use AC rather then a high current DC device. Makes it much more simple.

Cool. It's really only a 40 Watt transformer at the secondary, right? It's like 80 efficient, not uncommon in such devices. And you're drawing 30 of that overloading on the peak currents a bit but it seems 'there's enough iron' to cover it.

Thanks for the info. Glad it works for you.

OF

OF,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hey Blunt... been in ecig land a long ass time and I can tell you I rarely hear of anyone enjoying cartomizers at HV... The filling really gets nasty - possibly in a tank it might stay cooler but... :( yuck! If you want to use the TV1 as a backup I'd consider getting a 3.7 batty 17670 size and use LR or std ohm cartos.

I got my TV1 and jury still out for me. Hit or miss and I can't decide if it's the battys, device or what. More testing to do before I decide whether I'll like it ;)

Hey TV-
Need some help here. I purchased some 4.5 OHM cartomizers to use as spares for e-liquid to attach (with 510 adapter to my Atmos) and with e liquid adapter for TV-1 (which I already purchased from you) THese are rated as HR for 6.0 volt use.

They seem to burn up on my TV and they do not work on Atmos 510 battery either. I am just trying to avoid buying AVAs at $39.00 each and was hoping for a cheaper solution. I can understand your reason for wanting me to buy them from you, but I was hoping you might be able to help me salvage these and tell me how they would best be used as extras for my TV, or at least tell me what I am doing wrong and what else I could buy...

Thanks in advance...

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Question for everyone,

How do you pack your bowls, do you only put a few points in or do you load it up tight?

And do you notice any combustion with either?

SameOldTim,

Kaptan

I usually fill the bowl slightly over halfway and very loose. I never noticed it combust.

Kaptan,

OF

I usually load about 125 mg, most of the way up but still loose. Lately I've been putting a fine mesh screen on top of that with some success.

If I stir, no burning issues, but I can get 'tracking' it a few hits If I don't stir, and am sure I could combust on demand.

OF

OF,

Dj Bass

Hey Tim!

Happy to give some user feedback!

So I actually use 2 screens in my T1. One perfectly sized for the top, and one sitting jankily in the bottom. I usually put the top screen in the cap, load the cap with about 100mg finely ground herbs, then usually make a little snaked up coil of more solid extract (about 50 to 100mg), lay that on top of the pile in the lid, then add another 50 to 75mg of finely ground herbs on top of that. Then I allign the screen in the bottom bowl part, put the bowl on upside down (to save me from gravity taking over) then shake a little while heating to get it all to settle right before you hit it. I've found this method lets me use my bubble in it without gumming it up or clogging it, and completely eliminates the posibility of combustion, as the extracts melts and keeps everything nice and wet between the screens.

Could you tell me the diameter of the flat part of the T1 bowl? I wonder if there is a very fine mesh screen already that size that I could just toss in there which would fit better....

So overall answer to your question... If just flowers, no more than 200mg finely ground. If mixing flowers and extract, 125-150mg flowers with 50-75mg extract samwiched in there like an oreo. And always between screens! Makes cleaning so much easier... If there were a screen ball..... Like tea makers have....

Dj Bass,

weedemon

enthusiast
I jsut want to make a post as a testament to this vapes durability.

I lost my vape for 2 days and could not find it. I did find it finally in the driveway (it had slipped out of my pocket when i got out of the car. this meant that the vape had been laying in a pile of sticks, pine needles and dirt. It had been rained on overnight and (even got snowed on for a the morning of the 2nd day.) when i found it, it looked dry so i brought it in, wiped it down, and took it apart.

still works just fine! :)

@ pipes, fantastic job on rigging up a PA for the TV! now we just have to wait for TV to make one themselves. (I'm sure that project is still in the works for them) kudos to you to showing us that it's totally possible!

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
In reference to Tim's question:

I load mine just ever so slightly under full. Essentially I try to avoid having the herb pile over the bowl, i keep it level with that as a reference. I have combusted once using my TV, but it was when I first got it...

If my memory serves me correctly I had packed the bowl over the top lip, packed it down slightly, and then added some kief on top. Last time I ever did that for sure!

ioright,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
^^^ That's awesome weedemon!

@TCTim
I load about 70-80% full, lightly packed at most. I have reached combustion a few times in the past, and I believe that was due to long pre-heat times and a super fine grind.

Edit: I haven't added any screens to my bowl, once I switched to a medium grind I have had significantly less clogging issues.

Peloton,
Top Bottom