Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

OF

Hey you guys, anybody know an alternative to replacing the oring on the Dart? Mine is getting eatin and little particles of the rubber are ripping off. It's not a good look. Can I just go to any hardware store and get the same size oring?

No. Typical hardware store rings aren't up to the temperature. I'd contact TV, I bet they send you a replacement or two. Or I think you can buy a full set for a few dollars? I have to wonder why it's getting broken up, a burr in the mouth of the tube?

OF

OF,

Evry1concentrate

It's 7:10, maryjane you better concentrate.
No. Typical hardware store rings aren't up to the temperature. I'd contact TV, I bet they send you a replacement or two. Or I think you can buy a full set for a few dollars? I have to wonder why it's getting broken up, a burr in the mouth of the tube?

OF
Thermovape sells the O ring set for like 2 bucks, it has every o ring you will ever need for your device.

Evry1concentrate,
Reactions: OF

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I gotta tell you, I'm really in love with the revo (actually a DART without the DART mouthpiece). This is my first day at work with it and it's been so easy to grab a quick hit. I've discovered that the PG can travel back up the core on its own if it's held sideways or upsidedown. The preheat helps it drain back down the sides, and everything is Jake. Is there any reason I can't heat the mouthpiece end gently with a lighter to help the PG slide back down before I turn on the switch? (Of course, without the mouthpiece inserted!) I have to look when I get home with access to my microscope, but it seems like the bottom metal part that surrounds the ceramic center is flat. Seems to me things would work better if it were beveled down toward the center a tiny bit. But then again maybe it is and I just can't see that well now.

I've been thinking that an insulin syringe with the sharp point ground flat would make great portable delivery device for PG. Also I've noticed that a thin film of PG is forming on everything in the vapor path. I'll have to figure out some way to reclaim it without wasting it the next time I ISO wash all the pieces.

Haywood,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
TV will sell you any assortment of O-Rings that you want, including all the same kind. I've ordered a bunch of the red O-Rings used to better secure the delrin insulator on the Evolution core, as well as a bunch of O-Rings for the T1 Glass Mouthpiece. I just ordered the assorted O-Ring kit from the web site, and then added a note in the comments section telling them exactly what I wanted. In the case of the red O-Rings, there were five in the kit; in the case of the T1 Glass Mouthpiece O-Rings, there were three in the kit (they must cost a little more).

I don't think they will sell you just one O-Ring (no way to order it on the web site, in any case), but the cost of the kit is only two or three bucks, as I recall. If your shredded O-Ring is due to a manufacturing defect in the top of the core (a burr perhaps, as was suggested earlier), any new ones are going to shred as well, so it may behove you to drop sales@thermovape.com a note explaining the situation, and they may want to replace the core AND the O-Ring under warranty.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I gotta tell you, I'm really in love with the revo (actually a DART without the DART mouthpiece).
Hey Haywood. Thought you might like this mod. Use the tube and one of either the top or bottom of a 510 dual core tank like this one and a EGO dual core drip tip like this one. The drip tip will go right into the tube and the other end will slip over the REV or DART. You can slide it up to leave a gap between the end of REV and the tip and you will be able to see the vapor as well as a cooler hit.
I was using this and found it makes it easier for pulling off for loading as well.

Pipes

Pipes,
Reactions: Haywood

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I'm not quite ready to jump into messing with that end yet :D, I figure another week of experimenting as is before buying a bunch more stuff. Plus I can't get back to LA for a few weeks, and there's only about an 1/8th of a gram of PG left. :cry: I did bookmark it though.

After three days of fooling around exclusively with the rev and PG, I find I've been missing the wonder and taste (and head) of the botanical precursor to the PG. There's just too much wonderful (endless) variety that's missing in the purity of the PG. Good thing I have a T1 sitting here...

The Revo/DARTless-DART is absolutely going to be my stealth machine though. There's nothing like it. Even with the T1 base, it's tiny, and fits in my pocket. One set of batteries lasts forever (OK, not forever, but compared to the T1/Evo, forever=2 days worth of being wacked all day, both days, and the cells only took 250mAh to recharge). It's ready to hit in 10 seconds. But I think I've said this all already before; I'm just astounded (that I never found out about concentrates before).

Any favorite other concentrates (besides PG) that work particularly well in the DART?

Haywood,

OF

Any favorite other concentrates (besides PG) that work particularly well in the DART?

All kinds of them, you can even load bubble in there if you're willing to stir it up between hits and clean it when it gets too gummy. For 'top shelf' use I really like the Sour Diesel (and similar, ie EC, NYC, LA and so on Diesel) extracts. The flavor of the herb seems to come through well and they tend to be potent. In general, I think thicker ones (toward the wax end of things, shatter is a little extreme, and lighter colored ones work best. Sticking with supermelts (not full melts, sorta melts, melted for me and other sub grades), oils and waxes will keep it running for grams sometimes, lesser grades can leave fouling behind that causes problems on later uses. As a test, put a bit on some foil and heat it with your lighter. If it all boils off and leaves the foil clean, you're good to go. Some guys smear a bit on paper and divine all sorts of stuff from the color.....I've never had it explained to me well enough to follow, same guys are good with tea leaves AFAIK.

OF

OF,

707vallejo707

NorCalLeftSideWe$tSide
Thanks for the info you guys. I emailed them and they said what Haywood said about ordering the set and adding a note about which ones I needed. But they also said that regular orings are ok. So if they said it themselves, that means in fact that hardware store rings would work.

707vallejo707,

OF

Thanks for the info you guys. I emailed them and they said what Haywood said about ordering the set and adding a note about which ones I needed. But they also said that regular orings are ok. So if they said it themselves, that means in fact that hardware store rings would work.

I won't disagree with the maker, but 'good' hardware store rings are Buna N (most are Neoprene). That buys you an extra 25 degrees in a game needing much more. I'd stick with Viton, your call:
http://www.sealfast.com/a_pressure_temperature.html

Seems to me like a bad time to save a dollar or two.

OF

OF,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer

Well i remember this coming up and in our discussion at the shop about it we were under the impression it was just the switch O-ring.

Now while many of the O-rings we use could be sourced in the same size from other places, The material and the texture of the O-rings can vastly vary. The most important aspect of the proper O-ring is the temperature rating, only some are going to be able to withstand the heat put out by the cores.

I'm sure they are other places that you can get the right O-rings, but i must recommend just getting them from us. You dont have to worry about if its the right one or the right material, because we only have the right ones.

Cheers,

Tim

OF

Well i remember this coming up and in our discussion at the shop about it we were under the impression it was just the switch O-ring.

Now while many of the O-rings we use could be sourced in the same size from other places, The material and the texture of the O-rings can vastly vary. The most important aspect of the proper O-ring is the temperature rating, only some are going to be able to withstand the heat put out by the cores.

I'm sure they are other places that you can get the right O-rings, but i must recommend just getting them from us. You dont have to worry about if its the right one or the right material, because we only have the right ones.

Thanks for setting that straight, Tim, that 'factory advice' seemed misquoted.

For those that want to delve into this a bit more there's another very important spec. to consider, hardness. It's measured in one of a couple of Durometer scales. The rings you get in the hardware store are usually 70D (sometimes even less), very soft since they'll seal on rougher surfaces found in plumbing rather than leak. We really want hard for several reasons. Soft rings, even in the right material, will be harder to use and easier to damage.

The Engineers at TV have already worked this out and as Tim says 'used the right stuff'. At the risk of repeating myself, 'not a good place to save a few dollars'.

OF

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
OK everyone!

The Glass mouthpieces came in, and again we got slightly lower quantity than expected due to everyone keeping the Quality Control high. We have 15 Good ones that we started shipping out, the next batch should be shipped in a week or so.

I apologize for these coming in slower than what we all thought, but we have to make sure only quality pieces are sent out our doors. We test fit every single one to make sure that the O-ring fits properly.

If anyone has a concern about when their order is going to come in, please e-mail us at sales@thermovape.com and we can try to ship out the other items of your order first.

Cheers,

Tim

P.S. There's another sale going everyone, Check us out at Fab.com for all the sale prices on kits. They are selling out fast!

SameOldTim,

DreamTime

If you are really starting to love concentrates, you should consider making your own. As a Cali med patient, I've found that the quality of oil available in the dispensaries is sadly lacking. This is mostly due to mass production and cost saving efforts. The dispensaries tend to use shake and trim for making oil instead of buds and the end product reflects it.

The nice thing about making your own oil is that you know exactly what source material was used to make your oil. I typically keep a small stash of a nice Sour Diesel or Northern Lights (when I can find it) for when I need to stay functional, and some of the most heavy hitting indica I can find for getting to sleep.

DreamTime,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
had my first dart core fail on me :( will be contacting support as it's only 3 months old and didn't see so much action as I have two other 3.7 darts and one bought at the same time and one so old it was the most likely the first batch ever made for sales. It is still going strong been boiled a million times! Hopefully (not too sure on warranty) I can get a replacement core, because I love usa thermovape and maybe they love me enough to send me a special addressed envelope. :bowdown: *kiss up over*

kushcabbage,
Reactions: OF

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
one more thing please excuse the double post; thermovape would you ever be willing on making a extended or rev style teflon/PTFE mouthpieces? cheers

edit: so got a very friendly helpful email saying that my dart core is under warranty anyway, but very inspired to quote it here since it made my day "It's so nice to hear how pleased our customers are and we greatly appreciate your support and feedback. The FC Forum is a good community with a lot of knowledgeable people and is a great database for vaporization. We always take care of the FC Members and your item is within in warranty anyways, so I have no problem sending you a replacement core" Great stuff from thermovape, taking care of the little guys even over here in alabama :clap:

TonyBlaze

So I have been using my Dart for a little over a week now and I love it. It did have a little bit of a learning curve but now I'm able to drop a tiny ball of wax and get a nice rip. bout 2 of those and I'm good. The only thing is i get this kind of gassy smell and taste towards the end of the hit and when I smell the I can smell it. I first used some BHO that I made which I whipped for about an hour and let sit out for a few days, but I thought maybe it still had some butane which caused the smell and taste. So I soaked the core in ISO, only had 70%, for 10 mins and then boiled for 10 . I then bought some really good tested OG wax from the dispensary and it tasted great at first but then quickly got that smell and taste. Is that normal? Any suggestions? I had also done the 20/20/20 burn TIA

TonyBlaze,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
So I have been using my Dart for a little over a week now and I love it. It did have a little bit of a learning curve but now I'm able to drop a tiny ball of wax and get a nice rip. bout 2 of those and I'm good. The only thing is i get this kind of gassy smell and taste towards the end of the hit and when I smell the I can smell it. I first used some BHO that I made which I whipped for about an hour and let sit out for a few days, but I thought maybe it still had some butane which caused the smell and taste. So I soaked the core in ISO, only had 70%, for 10 mins and then boiled for 10 . I then bought some really good tested OG wax from the dispensary and it tasted great at first but then quickly got that smell and taste. Is that normal? Any suggestions? I had also done the 20/20/20 burn TIA
Likely the taste of remnant butane. Regardless of the source, butane leaves behind its signature. Solventless extractions utilizing co2 or even hyberbaric vacuum chambers are the way to go. PG stylee. There's no taste with those products. I assure you, you are tasting the subtle undertones of the solvents used to produce the oils you're putting into the device. Try running some solvent-free and presto changeo recommendo.

TonyBlaze

Likely the taste of remnant butane. Regardless of the source, butane leaves behind its signature. Solventless extractions utilizing co2 or even hyberbaric vacuum chambers are the way to go. PG stylee. There's no taste with those products. I assure you, you are tasting the subtle undertones of the solvents used to produce the oils you're putting into the device. Try running some solvent-free and presto changeo recommendo.

I was thinking it was the butane just kind of wanted for confirmation. Ya I have been looking for solvent-less wax but it's harder to come by. Is there a thread of how to make it. I've tried looking online but havent found much just that's it's similar to making bubble hash but I could be wrong

TonyBlaze,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
I also have experienced this taste with all concentrates I've put in my rev/dart. The first few hits taste like the extract is supposed to, and the rest taste odd. I've had this taste with co2 and solventless hashes also. I also get this same taste with my healthstone, when I blaze the stone with no fresh hash on top. This leads me to believe its either the ceramic disc, or something that remains in the disc that I am tasting. For me, when I taste this, its time to reload.

YoGranMazPimp,

Darb

Can any batteries besides the RCR123A be used in the thermovape power supply?
Maybe a 3.7V?

After having no success with my revolution my LV Dart is awesome!!! Works great. Everything I was expecting and more. Finally. Lol

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Can any batteries besides the RCR123A be used in the thermovape power supply?
Maybe a 3.7V?

After having no success with my revolution my LV Dart is awesome!!! Works great. Everything I was expecting and more. Finally. Lol
I am confused. If you have a LV Dart, don't you already have a 3.7v battery? You're not running the LV DART on 6v batteries, are you?

PhreedomPhries,
Top Bottom