Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Being the lazy type, I don't cap it. Just be sure it's flat enough on the bottom not to want to tip over and keep the water level outside down enough so it doesn't want to float off. It will center itself on one of the 'nodes' of standing waves in the bowl, kind of fun to watch.
Having done that and had the ISO containing bottle tip into the water once, creating a serious mess in the sink, I use a bottle top with a small hole and leave the small vent open (if it tips, little or nothing passes through, so far). The clean up to be avoided can be significant.
Be careful about capping it too tight, the energy in the ultrasonics can heat it enough to raise the pressure inside otherwise.
Yes, and it is even worse an issue if you use Everclear/enthanol instead of ISO. (a decade working as a chemist convinced me not to trust much of anything not intended to be consumed by humans - and even then I'm very careful).
Also a bit of detergent in the water can help the coupling sometimes. A drop or two of dish soap, worth a try. Once you have one, you'll be surprised at how handy they can be. Put the wife's jewelery in and get a big hug (and maybe loose the unit....). Does a great job on cleaning the grunge out of the tight spots on my glasses, too, leave's 'em mighty clean as well. Just be sure not to leave them lens down, it can scratch them 'dancing' on the bottom. I just use the water and detergent, then rinse 'em off.
OF
This I'll have to try. Makes sense (increased viscosity) and seems well worth the small effort :) My glasses are always dirty, but I'm nearly blind anyway and I often can't tell until someone else points out my lenses are opaque (can't see my own glasses with them removed :) ) .

-NDA

Nick Again,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Well I've had my Rev for a few days and so far I absolutely love it for what it is. My only complaints are how easy it is for things to get messy and concentrates getting stuck on to the inner walls of the DART, no biggie since it can be scrapped off eventually but it would be sweet if there was a way to get all the concentrates on the ceramic piece on a regularly basis for people with out steady hands lol.

I also really wish it could hold a larger amount of concentrates in there because at this point I'm definitely going to have to bring a small stash with me if I want to use it through out the day (something I really didn't want to do but I'll figure out a way to deal with it), maybe this is a feature that could be available in the future?

I noticed however that my Rev has to get pretty damn hot for it to start vaporizing the concentrates, I was thinking this is mostly due to the fact that the concentrates I'm using now has a thicker consistency than usual, but I was wondering if you guys had similar experiences.

Anyway would like to thanks to TV team for making a great product, looking forward to getting my T1 conversion kit soon!

What i ushually end up doing to get everything soaked into the ceramic of the core, take a lighter and lightly heat the outside of the core (while it is still threaded into the battery interface). If your careful you could even use a torch, just heat it evenly and you can watch everything melt down pretty quick.

A tip i like to use to make sure there is the right amount of concentrate, if you look into the core and can see the glow just add another .1. The concentrate will act as a cooling agent for the coil inside the core, when the coil has the right amount around it the heat will transfer to the concentrate (giving you vapor) instead of it glowing. Now, this DOES NOT mean you have to fill it that much, it will still work with less but you wont have optimal flavor.

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

OF

This I'll have to try. Makes sense (increased viscosity) and seems well worth the small effort :) My glasses are always dirty, but I'm nearly blind anyway and I often can't tell until someone else points out my lenses are opaque (can't see my own glasses with them removed :) ) .

I'm not sure exactly why it seems to couple better, an 'old hand' tipped me off to it. I'm not sure it's viscosity (the fluid already doesn't compress) and you don't have to put much in to make a difference, I'm thinking it has to do with surface tension on the wall of the vial? Not really important why if it works I guess. If it doesn't, all you're out is a cup or two of water and a few drops of detergent. And you get your bowl cleaned in the process.

I know what you mean about not seeing your glasses well enough to work on them without your glasses.....a catch 22 if there is one. My solution is a second (cheap) pair, I gave up fighting it.

At any rate, ability to do double duty on jewelery earned my unit a prized place on the bathroom counter....something otherwise far out of the question.

A tip i like to use to make sure there is the right amount of concentrate, if you look into the core and can see the glow just add another .1. The concentrate will act as a cooling agent for the coil inside the core, when the coil has the right amount around it the heat will transfer to the concentrate (giving you vapor) instead of it glowing. Now, this DOES NOT mean you have to fill it that much, it will still work with less but you wont have optimal flavor.

I'm not so sure this always works with all concentrates. All of my floor plates are stained too dark to see the glow through, even when freshly cleaned. They work fine, of course. I guess you just use better concentrates than I have in the past.

For sure keeping the total amount small in there keeps the heating fast (you basically have to heat everything to near 'magic temperature' before vaporization at the hottest point can start, the more there is, the more there is (and the longer it will take each time). Battery life goes down (in terms of number of hits) and taste goes south what with the reheating and reheating.

I think a guy should invest in the adapter and an Omicron cart or two (2.4 Ohms for LV and probably 5 for SV). And a 'doob tube' to carry it in. Even if it doesn't run dry in the field, it's nice to quickly switch over and get (more modest) 'no brainer' hits one after another.

OF

tharealmclovin

Just double checking before I ruin it...The Dart can just be soaked in ISO overnight and dried out to be just like new, Right???

tharealmclovin,

jpdnkstr

Just double checking before I ruin it...The Dart can just be soaked in ISO overnight and dried out to be just like new, Right???
Absolutely!, Clean mine this way every other day, tastes sooo clean. I've been using my dart for a lot of bubble, and have never been so impressed with the flavor of water extract vaped!

Loving this thing more and more daily!(LV DART on Persei 3.7V)

JoeKickass

Absolutely!, Clean mine this way every other day, tastes sooo clean. I've been using my dart for a lot of bubble, and have never been so impressed with the flavor of water extract vaped!

Don't you guys wash it with water after the iso? Or do you go straight from iso to drying to inhaling?

JoeKickass,

OF

Sure, although I generally boil mine in water after the ISO, maybe just because (like Nick) I tend to not trust stuff not made for human consumption when there's an alternative. Makes drying it out take longer, but it's safer IMO and I've got time (and other vapes to help the time pass....).

Boy, isn't that the truth? It sure can 'grow on you' (did for me at least, once I stopped fighting it and used it on it's terms....).

Don't you guys wash it with water after the iso? Or do you go straight from iso to drying to inhaling?

That's me, as I said I'm not so sure ETOH is all that good for you, but ISO is definitely something our ancestor's livers never had to deal with.....

Water, OTOH, you gotta have. And by the time the water all drys out, the ISO is long gone.

OF

TonyBlaze

What are the best techniques for hitting the dart just got mine but can't seem to get nice clouds. I use the dart to get a nice dab and then lift the switch let it heat for a few seconds then starting Hirt but can only get about one weak hit and the core and interface get really hot. I see the ceramic core inside is already a little dark from the wax but not sure what I'm doing wrong TIA

TonyBlaze,

tharealmclovin

What are the best techniques for hitting the dart just got mine but can't seem to get nice clouds. I use the dart to get a nice dab and then lift the switch let it heat for a few seconds then starting Hirt but can only get about one weak hit and the core and interface get really hot. I see the ceramic core inside is already a little dark from the wax but not sure what I'm doing wrong TIA

Let it heat up for 30 seconds to a minute before you hit it.

tharealmclovin,

OF

A couple of things come to mind. First, don't load too much, start with under .2 grams. Melt it into the ceramic well. Use short heating cycles then let it coast a while between. It has to soak in well into ceramic to be in the right place to evaporate off. You can watch it disappear if you're bored or curious.

Then, from a cold start, turn it on and let it heat without drawing any cold air through until it gets up to temperature and vapor forms (again, you can watch a little cloud of 'heavy fog' form in the bottom of the cart with the mouthpiece off to get the feel of it. At this point, and only now, take a 'test puff' and see if heavy vapor is forming, if not give it a second or two more and try again. Once it's at working temperature take your hit slowly. Remember, this is not convection vaping or combusting, too much cold air will stop the process (but not the heat) and all you'll get is the sort of results you're getting. Hot parts, concentrate not quite hot enough to go, and the battery dead.

So, melt it in well before you start. Heat with no draw until a test puff shows solid vapor. Then, and only then, go for the hit, but no faster than vapor is being produced. You want to draw a little bit of air in to 'sweep the vapor out' only. Don't add more concentrate until it runs dry (low production with fresh batteries, don't get fooled by weak batteries). Then put a small dab in (I go about .05 grams), don't get more than 'just enough' in or it gets slow having to heat the lot up for each hit, wasting battery, slowing you down and cooking the goods.

Use the test puff as a gauge, don't try for a hit before it's there (you'll only mess it up). "Load small and often".

OF

Evry1concentrate

It's 7:10, maryjane you better concentrate.
Guys i just completed my order for TV with dart loading tool, water pipe attachment and power adapter. Btw the power adapter works worldwide, 220v also.

Hope this is worth the investment, being my most expensive vape at $350 including all accessories/dart+heater replacement with international shipping.

Also has anybody tried budder or margarine with this thing ?
Bro be ready to have the game changed. I own the same setup, and now a bunch of other accessories, because the guys down there take care of you. I've never been rushed off the phone if i had a question, I've never had even the slightest problem with the unit. This company is the real deal, they will not disappoint you.

Evry1concentrate,
Reactions: OF

Evry1concentrate

Honestly I'd say it performs better/the same for me now than when it was new, but I think the learning curve was a slight factor for me.

I've been averaging 2 grams a week since I've got it(one month), and have yet to clean the ceramic....could that be a factor? Sounds like you've been cleaning yours quite a bit.

edit: now that I do the math a bit more, I'd say more like 1.5g/week....forgot about that chunk in the freezer...
My dart is better now than day 1, Ive have my TV for a month or two now, and only cleaned it once. I use it all day every day. I also always change the battery before reloading and puff it till its dry. I find a good old iso soak, a little agitation to break anything up, followed by a warm water rinse, shake dry, attach to unit and fire it up to evaporate any water left. worked great for me.

Evry1concentrate,

tharealmclovin

My dart is better now than day 1, Ive have my TV for a month or two now, and only cleaned it once. I use it all day every day. I also always change the battery before reloading and puff it till its dry. I find a good old iso soak, a little agitation to break anything up, followed by a warm water rinse, shake dry, attach to unit and fire it up to evaporate any water left. worked great for me.

is firing it to dry it safe??? I was thinking of using a heat gun.

tharealmclovin,

Evry1concentrate

is firing it to dry it safe??? I was thinking of using a heat gun.
Bro the fucking thing is indestructible, as long as your not pushing to many volts, if your using a T1 LV or SV. Dont be scared of that on switch, fire that bitch up!!! A heat gun would work im sure, but no need. Screw it in empty and keep firing it till you hear it stop sizzling.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
OK. I'll try that. I was just gonna let it air dry or heat gun it. I have not cleaned it yet, but its all gunked up with bubble right now
If you have any medical tubing, I found this technique agitates very well. Just keep some air in the mix and some vacum when putting the hose on. Squeeze the tube to swish the ISO back and forth.
P1030595.jpg

P1030596.jpg

Worked great for a real gummed up unit.
Pipes

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Oh boy, my DART came yesterday!!! (just got home an hour ago and found it waiting in my mailbox; thanks Tim).

I need some help/advice.

The DART is working great, but I am having trouble using the Pure Gold I have. My only experience with "concentrates" has been hash (including bubble/ice hash), and I haven't figured out how to deal with the PG. I had two vials of the stuff, but I've used up most of the first vial while waiting for the DART to arrive. I was putting a drop or two on some ABV in my T1. The only way I could do this was to dip a needle in the PG vial and then suspend it above the ABV, and hold it there for two or three MINUTES while it slowly ran down the needle and finally dropped onto the ABV. This method sucks, but it worked (and I rigged up something so I didn't have to hold the damn needle for three minutes). "Pouring" the PG out of its vial doesn't work; it takes too long and it's impossible to manage dosage that way. I do not want to accidentally overwhelm the DART with too large a load.

I need to find a better way to deal with PG (so this is really more a question about that, rather than how to use the DART, but it is the DART I want to use it in. :))

The PG at room temperature is so viscous as to be unmanageable. And it's so sticky that trying to transfer it from the vial to DART's tip is unbelievably wasteful. The PV vial is too narrow to dip the DART's tip into. I can probably come up with a suitable different container that is wide enough to allow me to just dip the DART's tip into it, but how do I transfer the PG into the new vial? (And any vial recommendations would be appreciated).

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble, but you should get the gist of what I'm asking. How do you handle PG?

Haywood,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Haywood,
I would try dumping all the PG into a small glass dish. I assume you don't have a dabbing dish, so look for something that can hold small quantities; like the top of a glass stash jar for instance.

PG isn't ideal for the Dart in case you haven't figured that out yet. It's too runny to easily manipulate and load.

Good luck.

:peace:

Stu,

OF

The only way I could do this was to dip a needle in the PG vial and then suspend it above the ABV, and hold it there for two or three MINUTES while it slowly ran down the needle and finally dropped onto the ABV. This method sucks, but it worked (and I rigged up something so I didn't have to hold the damn needle for three minutes).

When I did it it was with Revolution so the 'dip the DART tip in' technique wasn't available.

I too used a needle, but I got it off by heating the shank of the needle with a lighter. Behind the PG. As the metal heats the bit touching it, it slides off in a rush. The last bit forms at the end, where I touch it to the inside wall of the cart.

As others have said, while PG is very nice indeed, other concentrates are easier to deal with and come at a lower price.

FWIW, putting half a gram in an Omicron is a brief but glorious adventure. Once the little vial is opened, somehow it seems to evaporate quickly......

OF

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
When I did it it was with Revolution so the 'dip the DART tip in' technique wasn't available.

I too used a needle, but I got it off by heating the shank of the needle with a lighter. Behind the PG. As the metal heats the bit touching it, it slides off in a rush. The last bit forms at the end, where I touch it to the inside wall of the cart.

As others have said, while PG is very nice indeed, other concentrates are easier to deal with and come at a lower price.

FWIW, putting half a gram in an Omicron is a brief but glorious adventure. Once the little vial is opened, somehow it seems to evaporate quickly......

OF
I'm doing exactly that now, using a little rig I made for holding things.:tup: The undipped end of the needle is held by a small kelly clamp (basically a tiny hemostat) about 10° off vertical, and I torch the needle above the PG, and it drips right onto the center of the ceramic piece. This won't do when I'm in portable mode, though it's working just fine here at home.

/digress to rant about the SV DART
I've had five MONSTER hits from my first load. I can't begin to estimate the weight of the two big drops I put in, but they totally covered the ceramic (but not the metal frame around the ceramic). Cold start with 20 seconds of preheat. I was watching what was going on (no dart or mouthpiece inserted), and when I saw the vapor start, I stuck in the dart and took a big hit (no primer hit), held it in about 5 seconds, and then exhaled a monster cloud. MONSTER. Coughed till my ears rang; it was a monumental hit. I've done four subsequent hits, all just as good, all just as easy as pie. Hold switch 10-20 seconds, take reasonable size hit, exhale huge cloud, smile. Nothing unexpected, no great learning curve since I've been reading this thread since the beginning. I remember reading about "priming" the ceramic, but I didn't. If I can figure out a way (with help) to deal with this in portable mode, this may turn out to be the best way (as opposed to my T1 or Evo with botanicals) when stealth mode is most important.
/end digress

I am having fun exploring an area (concentrates) that I have no previous experience with. I was in LA a few weeks ago, and a friend offered to get me some PG (which was $40 per half gram vial; is that typical?). So I know squat about concentrates, and I'd love to learn more. (hint). I don't mind spending a bit more, and I really like the PG, but I'm always willing to try something new :brow:. How much PG (descriptively, as opposed to weight) do you load into a rev/dart? Just enough to completely cover the ceramic? More? I'm hoping that with a suitable container, I can take advantage of the nub on the end of the dart mouthpiece to just dip it in. I suppose there must be a different technique when the PG is on the nub rather than dropped directly on the ceramic.

Anyway, I am having too much fun, and hope to have more.

Haywood,

OF

I've had five MONSTER hits from my first load.

I was watching what was going on (no dart or mouthpiece inserted), and when I saw the vapor start, I stuck in the dart and took a big hit (no primer hit), held it in about 5 seconds, and then exhaled a monster cloud. MONSTER. Coughed till my ears rang; it was a monumental hit.

I am having fun exploring an area (concentrates) that I have no previous experience with. I was in LA a few weeks ago, and a friend offered to get me some PG (which was $40 per half gram vial; is that typical?). So I know squat about concentrates, and I'd love to learn more. (hint). I don't mind spending a bit more, and I really like the PG, but I'm always willing to try something new :brow:.

How much PG (descriptively, as opposed to weight) do you load into a rev/dart? Anyway, I am having too much fun, and hope to have more.

Great news! Thanks for the feedback. I agree, hit it just a bit too hard and you're likely to see God.....who will no doubt suggest slightly smaller hits next time? Amazing stuff, PG, but some other concentrates are just about on par at lower costs ($40 a half gram is about standard, I've bought it a little cheaper a time or two, but it's not as easy to make as other stuff and you pay for that). I'm spoiled by great concentrates waiting in that display case....calling to me as a gaze in and point. However, lots of folks are getting good results from home made concentrates, the key seems to be using quality bud and following the directions. Poke around the threads some, I'm sure you'll discover some useful information (web searches also are productive). As I understand it there are two common 'camps' when it comes to solvents, ISO and Butane. The first is a little harder to make work well, but is much safer (lots of guys blow themselves up messing with Butane). Guys seem to favor purpose built glass tubes or the SS turkey basters, stay clear of plastic rigs you don't need extra stuff in there as I see it?

I load about what you did, a drop or two, for topping up. Never more than four from bone dry (just cleaned). Put too much in and it gets slow, can leak (real tragedy) and even 'cook' the oil and change that lovely taste. A proper size jar might help in the field, but I have access to wax that I can form into a little ball and drop in at will or dip out on the tip of the DART so I don't mess with it then. The DART tip is great for loading, get what you want on it, and stick it back in. It stops just short of touching the ceramic and your goods flow right down off it into the works.....almost like it was designed that way!

Have fun experimenting. Even the bad results are pretty good, aren't they?

Glad you're enjoying it, it's why you spent your money, right?

Best wishes,

OF

Evry1concentrate

I'm doing exactly that now, using a little rig I made for holding things.:tup: The undipped end of the needle is held by a small kelly clamp (basically a tiny hemostat) about 10° off vertical, and I torch the needle above the PG, and it drips right onto the center of the ceramic piece. This won't do when I'm in portable mode, though it's working just fine here at home.

/digress to rant about the SV DART
I've had five MONSTER hits from my first load. I can't begin to estimate the weight of the two big drops I put in, but they totally covered the ceramic (but not the metal frame around the ceramic). Cold start with 20 seconds of preheat. I was watching what was going on (no dart or mouthpiece inserted), and when I saw the vapor start, I stuck in the dart and took a big hit (no primer hit), held it in about 5 seconds, and then exhaled a monster cloud. MONSTER. Coughed till my ears rang; it was a monumental hit. I've done four subsequent hits, all just as good, all just as easy as pie. Hold switch 10-20 seconds, take reasonable size hit, exhale huge cloud, smile. Nothing unexpected, no great learning curve since I've been reading this thread since the beginning. I remember reading about "priming" the ceramic, but I didn't. If I can figure out a way (with help) to deal with this in portable mode, this may turn out to be the best way (as opposed to my T1 or Evo with botanicals) when stealth mode is most important.
/end digress

I am having fun exploring an area (concentrates) that I have no previous experience with. I was in LA a few weeks ago, and a friend offered to get me some PG (which was $40 per half gram vial; is that typical?). So I know squat about concentrates, and I'd love to learn more. (hint). I don't mind spending a bit more, and I really like the PG, but I'm always willing to try something new :brow:. How much PG (descriptively, as opposed to weight) do you load into a rev/dart? Just enough to completely cover the ceramic? More? I'm hoping that with a suitable container, I can take advantage of the nub on the end of the dart mouthpiece to just dip it in. I suppose there must be a different technique when the PG is on the nub rather than dropped directly on the ceramic.

Anyway, I am having too much fun, and hope to have more.
Just learn to make it brother. Save your money. You'll actually conserve like crazy.

Evry1concentrate,

Evry1concentrate

I can literally go from flower, to see threw, amber shatter, ready to be hit, in 20 min. Unless i have to de-hydroxides, then add 10 min. I got that shit down to a science, i personally choose iso only.

Evry1concentrate,
Top Bottom