Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Honestly I don't think the type of concentrate plays much of a difference. I ran everything in my first one and only the finest stuff I could find in the second but they both suffered similar performance declines after about 3 grams.

How long do you hold the power on for? Do you load when it's hot or only when it's cold?

Joe,

It appears you may need to do the 20-20 burn after your next cleaning.

What happens with alot of these concentrates, even the purest of them, the impurities collect at the coil as the good essential oils get vaporized off. The thing about our core design is that your able to burn off the impurities without burning any fiberglass or other plastics.

Weather i do a 20-20 right after a cleaning or before the cleaning i always make sure to do it while the core is fairly dry and doesn't have much concentrate in it, the concentrates acts as a cooling agent and wont let the coil get as hot as it needs to be to clean off the impurities.

When the core is ready i start with shorter cycles of about 10 seconds on, 10 seconds off for about 5 times. Then step up to the 20 seconds on, 20 seconds off for another 10 cycles. You will notice its working when alot of foul tasting vapor/smoke starts coming out of the core. (Do not inhale this, it is the vapor from the impurities and will NOT taste good. After a few good cycles let it cool off and do one last ISO soak and a 10 min boil in water to get rid of any lingering impurities.

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,

OF

I already have the revolution with the 6v power supply.
I have never been happy with the vapor production I have been able to achieve. It seems like either I can't use it properly or it's a defective unit.
I really like the design of this product and want to give it another chance. It seems to be a favorite of many so I'm convinced mine isn't working correctly.

What dart would you prefer and why?
What power supply do you prefer and why?

As has been said, it should work but it depends critically on the user. Technique, especially timing, is everything. Tim at TV set me straight on this point, 'let it run'. Preheat with no draw for say 10 seconds, then take a 'test puff', not a hit, just a puff and blow it out. If it's not thick, let it run. A few seconds later, try again. Don't hit it until it's really producing. Hitting it early will just cool it back below the production level. As Tim said, 'we make tough heaters, it'll take it'. Waste power at first until you sort it out. Once you know how it works you can throttle back some, but at first error on the side of longer times.

If you can't get there in say 25 or 30 seconds it's time to cool down and look for other issues. But don't hit it until it's ready.

Keep the batteries charged, and don't put too much in. From new/cleaned no more than say .2 grams. When it runs dry (production slows way down even with good batteries) add maybe .05 grams, but it the ceramic looks wet it's probably OK.

IMO the two voltages have minor differences (time to vapor and battery life to a small degree), not IMO a deal breaker. I like the Ultra (LV) for size and am willing to live with shorter life. If you already use SV that might make more sense economically. But I think you should get your Revolution working, the system is basically identical to DART. If you can't work one, the other won't help.

BTW, funny timing. I got the DART out last night (taking a break from other vapes) and had a couple of great sessions. A very flexible unit, once you learn to drive it.

Best wishes.

OF

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
Thank you for supporting small businesses and American Manufacturing. Please visit our website at www.thermovape.com to see more of our complete line of 100% American Made products and accessories. Here a coupon code to use for our Fourth of July Sale ending midnight July 10th to SAVE 25% on your purchases; we hope you enjoy our new products!

Promo code: MADEINUSA

OF

Is a 20-20-20 better than holding it on for minutes? Because that's why I asked dangus his times, I find it needs basically a 100% duty cycle...

Bro, 20-20-20 is a cleaning step. Done dry. Fresh battery, on for 20, off for 20, on for 20.... Twenty times. Easy to remember. The idea, as I understand it, is to cook the element in a controlled manner. I've done it twice (I think, at least once) it did help when I'd seriously fouled the plate with lots of low grade concentrates. It was a mess.

I boiled it as clean as possible first.

I followed by a ISO soak, 3 minutes in the ultrasonic, and a boil out and dry. Still dark, but 'good as new'.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

I've cleaned various ways:

-Strong solvents
-99% iso
-Boiling for hours afterwards

What you are left with is a water soaked dart so I tried

-Air drying for days
-Oven for hours
-Oven for a bit then let it burn off some itself

After it's dry I've tried:

-20-20-20
-20on 20off 100times
-Solid on for minutes

As far as I can tell the only difference is heat and solid on keeps it hotter, but neither dramatically increase the time I can go before cleaning though (a day or two)

It was a mess.
And yeah, it's always a PITA

Is it possible this is all in the person's perception of "clouds" or "crushing" performance?

I won't deny it takes a lot to satisfy me and all these contradictory reports of people saying it blows them away makes me wonder if this is just the difference between lightweight and heavyweight?

My dart makes vapor no doubt, but it's nothing compared to the thick, voluptuous clouds it gave when it was new... I think that's how we should compare.

Dangus, Vapor 4 Life, or OF: Have you managed to keep your dart performing like new some how? Or are you just satisfied with the post break-in performance?

JoeKickass,
Reactions: OF

OF

I
As far as I can tell the only difference is heat and solid on keeps it hotter, but neither dramatically increase the time I can go before cleaning though (a day or two)

Dangus, Vapor 4 Life, or OF: Have you managed to keep your dart performing like new some how? Or are you just satisfied with the post break-in performance?

Once I learned to use them, the several Revolutions and my DART have all performed well. For sure I feel no need to clean them every day or two. Not even every gram or two sometimes.

I'm fairly sure it's a personal needs thing. Face it, Joe, you're an exceptional fellow from many angles....the rest of us just have to accept that we're in a different league I guess? It takes me weeks to go through a gram what with a bit of herb and all, I bet you don't need that long?

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

Face it, Joe, you're an exceptional fellow from many angles....the rest of us just have to accept that we're in a different league I guess? It takes me weeks to go through a gram what with a bit of herb and all, I bet you don't need that long?

OF

Lol I'm nothing compared to dabbers but I would say running full tilt I could go through about a gram a week, I don't think that's obscenely huge? (maybe it is :D)

I'm trying to compare hit density more than total dose though, the ones that you are happy with, do they hit like new? No offense intended, believe me, but do you remember how great a new one is? It's just effortless...

JoeKickass,

Darb

As has been said, it should work but it depends critically on the user. Technique, especially timing, is everything. Tim at TV set me straight on this point, 'let it run'. Preheat with no draw for say 10 seconds, then take a 'test puff', not a hit, just a puff and blow it out. If it's not thick, let it run. A few seconds later, try again. Don't hit it until it's really producing. Hitting it early will just cool it back below the production level. As Tim said, 'we make tough heaters, it'll take it'. Waste power at first until you sort it out. Once you know how it works you can throttle back some, but at first error on the side of longer times.

If you can't get there in say 25 or 30 seconds it's time to cool down and look for other issues. But don't hit it until it's ready.

Keep the batteries charged, and don't put too much in. From new/cleaned no more than say .2 grams. When it runs dry (production slows way down even with good batteries) add maybe .05 grams, but it the ceramic looks wet it's probably OK.

IMO the two voltages have minor differences (time to vapor and battery life to a small degree), not IMO a deal breaker. I like the Ultra (LV) for size and am willing to live with shorter life. If you already use SV that might make more sense economically. But I think you should get your Revolution working, the system is basically identical to DART. If you can't work one, the other won't help.

BTW, funny timing. I got the DART out last night (taking a break from other vapes) and had a couple of great sessions. A very flexible unit, once you learn to drive it.

Best wishes.

OF

I've tried this as per your suggestion and I can't seem to get "thick" vapor even after 25 seconds. Just weak wispy vapor. I have tried many times and I'm convinced that I'm using the right method but maybe not? It does get hot.
Many compare the vapor production to be greater than the omicron. I can't get it to produce even close to that.
Maybe I'll try a new dart out....The vapor I can get is very tasty and the construction of the unit is simply awesome!

Thanks for the help.

Brad

Darb,

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Honestly I'd say it performs better/the same for me now than when it was new, but I think the learning curve was a slight factor for me.

I've been averaging 2 grams a week since I've got it(one month), and have yet to clean the ceramic....could that be a factor? Sounds like you've been cleaning yours quite a bit.

edit: now that I do the math a bit more, I'd say more like 1.5g/week....forgot about that chunk in the freezer...

Dangus,

VAPORIZER22

My Rev has been kicking ass ever since day 1 when they first came out. I use it about every other day and have only used high quality wax in it and have only cleaned it twice. I have a very high tolerance, and I'll load up the amount of wax I would use for a normal dab and I get really medicated with about 4-5 good hits. What I like most about the Rev is the flavor, taste is just as good (especially the first hit) if not slightly better than a dab hit. After a few hits I will use a tooth pick to scrape the metal around the ceramic and get back on there and get better flavor and hits after I do this.

When I did clean it, that was the only time the taste suffered, but only for about 1 load or so, after that the flavor came back quick. I do not use the window to load, I just pull the top up and load directly. My window had never had any leaking issues, but occasionally some reside will get on the window and I just clean it off with an iso q-tip.

VAPORIZER22,

OF

Lol I'm nothing compared to dabbers but I would say running full tilt I could go through about a gram a week, I don't think that's obscenely huge? (maybe it is :D)

I'm trying to compare hit density more than total dose though, the ones that you are happy with, do they hit like new? No offense intended, believe me, but do you remember how great a new one is? It's just effortless...

Yeah, those guys. No, I'm not in the same league as the seven gram blunt guy, nor what's his name that put .8 grams of oil in the 8 prototype at the show and hit the go button. Musta been a good session......

Not being a 'big cloud' kinda guy I don't run it to the wall. Never have, really. I doubt my car is as fast off the line as when new and it might not run off the end of the spedo like then, but it still keeps up with traffic and can be depended on for a speeding ticket when ever I feel I need one. I'd say I tend toward medium size hits, I avoid coughing. I'm in no rush, I kind of enjoy the process. Hey, I like the Vapman, in fact just took mine outside for a visit.

I tend to think a lot of users are like me, but don't discount that some want to come just shy of a hit that will knock a full grown Bison to his knees. Maybe a bit more.....

OF

OF

I wonder how many of these folks getting the "big clouds" are actually operating up close to combustion temps.

Could well be. Good stuff comes off just before for sure. For sure they're demanding users and pushing hard.....but that's OK for them I guess? I see it as 'showy but wasteful' generally, and painful and 'buzz kill' sometimes when I push too hard. I'm in it for the medication and enjoyment. I can abuse myself lots of other ways. I came to vaping to avoid some of that after all.

"The closer the bone, the sweeter the meat" you know.

OF

Venomous

I've put 4 grams through mine with various waxes and pure gold oil. Still doesn't need a cleaning as it hits good and hard. I do clean the dart with iSO every few days however.

Venomous,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
Hey all,

Sorry if we've been missing some of your questions, its been super busy around here since the shows. I guess my vacation right after didn't help any either.....

Everyone who i saw at the shows, i hope you enjoyed your time and got to check out some of our new stuff. Looks like Bic Lighters have been replaced with a Vortex's as a common necessity for everyone, Defiantly not what i was expecting although it was a fun experience none the less.

For everyone eager for the T1 Glass mouthpieces.... Im sorry its taken so long to get them posted and online, were working on it as i speak. :)

We have a few more shows this season and now that we have the system down it will go much smoother and we'll have less down time. If anyone has some good ideas for a show we should come to please let us know, preferably on the west coast although you never know how far we'll go!

Enjoy the extension for the sale everyone, your all going to LOVE the True-Glass! ;)

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
. Looks like Bic Lighters have been replaced with a Vortex's as a common necessity for everyone, Defiantly not what i was expecting although it was a fun experience none the less.

For everyone eager for the T1 Glass mouthpieces.... Im sorry its taken so long to get them posted and online, were working on it as i speak. :)
what is a vortex? sorry if i don't try googling myself as that is way too generic of a term. any help?
thanks!

OF

HAs anyone tried using the Dart for Bubble Hash

I haven't, but there's no reason why not. They are the same below the plate (Early Revolutions had two small bypass vents rather than the one larger one now), same materials, same heater only the tube body changes (window or not). It's easier to stir Revolution through the window IMO, but using a toothpick from the top should work fine, just be careful of not busting up the ceramic, it's brittle. Since it won't melt in, you need to keep stirring it and pressing gently down for fresh contact.....much like herb in MFLB.

It does work, have fun.

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
what is a vortex? sorry if i don't try googling myself as that is way too generic of a term. any help?
thanks!

Dabbin torch. It was an absolute dab fest. They had this one giant nail Manny was calling the dumpster and they had a y adapter for two people to get head to head dabs Pouring the wax in large quantitys. And that was just one section of the Cali connection area. Harborside had a dab bar next door. Etc. etc. etc.

Herb was the forgotten mistress at this years cup but I got some killer. I hate the teases though. One club had huge jars and the wifi-og looked stunning. Nope. Please come to our club. Never tried the wifi-og but will soon.

Peace

Btw: totally love Tapatalk for the iPad. Great way to browse forums. Well written. Integrates well including conversations etc. droid and apple versions.

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
After envying those of you fortunate enough to be able to easily purchase concentrates, I find myself in possession of two ampules of pure gold, and the ability to get more if I fall in love, courtesy of a friend who lives in SoCal. Only I've never done "oil" before. I have all sorts of TV stuff, a T1 and a Evo, but they're really designed for botanicals.

I was ordering the glass mouthpiece for the T1, and what with the the July4 sale going on, I decided to order a DART too. So I did. I presumed for a slightly viscous but mostly liquid concentrate like the pure gold, that the DART was the way to go (but it's too late now anyway). I'd appreciate any tips about proper usage, having never dealt with any liquid concentrates (or the DART) before.

Complicating things, I'll be getting back home from LA on Monday, and the DART probably won't arrive until the end of the week, and I don't think I can hold off for 4 or 5 days without at least trying the pure gold (which I won't open until I get home), so what do you all suggest? A small layer of herb in the Evo, followed by a little pure gold, and then a small top layer of herb? Or should I do something similar but in the T1 instead?

Thanks for you help, and we should all have this problem :)

Haywood,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
After envying those of you fortunate enough to be able to easily purchase concentrates, I find myself in possession of two ampules of pure gold, and the ability to get more if I fall in love, courtesy of a friend who lives in SoCal. Only I've never done "oil" before. I have all sorts of TV stuff, a T1 and a Evo, but they're really designed for botanicals.

I was ordering the glass mouthpiece for the T1, and what with the the July4 sale going on, I decided to order a DART too. So I did. I presumed for a slightly viscous but mostly liquid concentrate like the pure gold, that the DART was the way to go (but it's too late now anyway). I'd appreciate any tips about proper usage, having never dealt with any liquid concentrates (or the DART) before.

Complicating things, I'll be getting back home from LA on Monday, and the DART probably won't arrive until the end of the week, and I don't think I can hold off for 4 or 5 days without at least trying the pure gold (which I won't open until I get home), so what do you all suggest? A small layer of herb in the Evo, followed by a little pure gold, and then a small top layer of herb? Or should I do something similar but in the T1 instead?

Personally, I'd try to hold out the few days.. Nothing like pure PG vapor IMO.

I'm also in an area now where PG is unknown, let along good concentrates. That's a GOOD friend. Count yourself lucky Haywood!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
From my understanding Puregold is very liquidy. If you are going to experiment with adding it to herb in the Evo I would say put no more than a DROP on your load. Give it a nice layer like you normally would load, add the single drop of PG, let it soak in to the herb first, then top it with a little more herb. Honestly though, if it were me, I would hold out for the Dart. Even then, you will want to use this stuff sparingly, as it is supposed to be pretty runny and potent. When you get your dart, you might want to put a single drop on the ceramic and warm the coil a bit, watch it sizzle down into the ceramic, then stop heating, and add another drop. Then you can cap it and try for a vapor hit. You will need to prime your new dart, and the first drop or two of oil will seemingly disappear, this is because the ceramic is dry and needs to get primed. Once you get a few hits from your second drop, add another. Avoid puddling it, or flooding it. It will take a few hits to get the Dart fully operational. What ever you do, don't squeeze a bunch into any of the TV devices or you will have a mess and waste your good stuff.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist

go for it. i've done this on evo and t1 with no problems. herb , 1 drop pg, more herb

heaven, wont clog or ruin anything

ru_frothi,
Top Bottom