Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

OF

question about to TV ac power supply kit. will you only be able to use it when the device is plugged into the wall or does it have a battery it charges, if so, how long does the charge last?

thanks

No, this is a true feed through (as opposed to an on board charger), there is no battery. You can run batteries if you want, just buy the inner tube and a hand full of batteries and a charger and you're mobile.....

Good luck.

OF

OF,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
question about to TV ac power supply kit. will you only be able to use it when the device is plugged into the wall or does it have a battery it charges, if so, how long does the charge last?

thanks

No Battery on board. We have been exploring those options. We have a prototype. However we felt that a dedicated Power Supply that could run from numerous sources (wall outlet, 12V Car plug, external batteries, etc.) was a more versatile device, and also able to last forever and not becoming outdated.

On all accounts OF is correct.

Here is a little more info on the ThermoVape Power Supply:

Thought I would just make a couple of comments about our manufacturing process. We understand that the price of the AC Power Supply may have been higher then expected, so we thought a description of what goes into making the ThermoVape Power Supply would help.

It should be noted that the ThermoVape AC Power Supply is an extension of our modular platform. Not only in that the Power Supply works with all of our interfaces and Standard 6V Vaporizers but also in that we will continue to offer options to expand the functionality.

For example, we are working on sourcing a reliable 12V DC Adapter for use from a vehicle, as well as a Low Voltage Adapter for 3.7-4.2V vaporization. The ThermoVape Power Supply can and will be expanded upon as we find new, reliable power adapters. The best part is that all you will need to purchase in the future to expand the functionality of your ThermoVape Power Supply is an inexpensive adapter. The ThermoVape Power Supply is a buy it once, and you are good forever kind of a deal.

With that said here is what goes into each ThermoVape Power Supply:

Raw Materials. We start with the same Cold Finished T6 6061 Aluminum, US sourced from Alcoa used in our ThermoVape Vaporizers. This is not your average aluminum; our raw bars start with a 1/1000 of an inch variation across the length of the 12 foot bar. As good as it get. We also use FDA approved High Temperature US Sourced Delrin as a thermal insulator.

All components of the ThermoVape Power Supply are Made in the USA. We sourced Butt-connector, ring terminal, and plug assembly from US companies in Menlo Park, CA and Chicago. All other components we manufacture in house.

The AC wall plug/adapter is made in China. If anyone can find a US company still manufacturing these types of simple wall plug/transformers please forward us their information.

We precision machine the Aluminum Main Body, Inner Sleeve, and contact. These parts undergo an initial QCC for size and dimension. We then hand debur each part, the contact piece is also tumbled. The main body is then sent out for laser etching. After deburing, tumbling, and etching these parts are then Electrolessly Nickel Plated. The Nickel ion fills and selas the pores of the aluminum, increasing hardness, conductivity, and corrosion resistance. The Delrin Internal Insulator is also precision machined, hand debured, and cleaned.

We then begin the process of hand assembly. We have no automated processes. Every part is inspected as it goes through the assembly process, and undergoes individual testing for function and form. All connections are both soldered, and also reinforced with a redundant mechanical connection for maximum durability. All precision ‘press fits’ are achieved with small a Arbor hand press for precise, durable and adhesive/bonding agent/chemical free assembly. Once all of the connections are made, and the components assembled, we begin our final testing process. All of this happens under one roof, often the same person performing each step of the process. Nothing is outsourced. The final Power Supply Perfectly matches all ThermoVape Vaporizers in terms of quality, fit and finish.

Once the ThermoVape Power Supply Passes our extreme failure test only then is it ready to ship to a customer.

The money you spend on the ThermoVape Power Supply goes first to the cost of the highest quality materials and components available, and then to the cost of machining and finishing processes. Finally to the labor for assembly to pay the hard-working vapor loving ThermoVape employee who painstakingly assembles each Power Supply.

Sometimes after all that there may be a couple bucks left over to keep the lights on and the internet working. The old adage is true in our experience, 'You Get What You Pay For' and with the ThermoVape Power supply you get the highest quality American sourced materials and state of the art precision machining and craftsmanship. The result is a versatile, durable product that we are confident you can enjoy for years and years to come, so confident it has a lifetime warranty.

Hope that was helpful.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,
Reactions: Sinclue

OF

No Battery on board. We have been exploring those options. We have a prototype. However we felt that a dedicated Power Supply that could run from numerous sources (wall outlet, 12V Car plug, external batteries, etc.) was a more versatile device, and also able to last forever and not becoming outdated.

Lucky guesses.

OTHO I'm 'reliably informed' that I'm secretly being paid by you..... Brings up the point, where's my pay checks??? You think Tim's been secretly heading them off and cashing them? Wouldn't surprise me.....

You keep building 'em, we'll keep buying. Just don't compromise?

OF

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer

Here is a little more info on the ThermoVape Power Supply:

Thought I would just make a couple of comments about our manufacturing process. We understand that the price of the AC Power Supply may have been higher then expected, so we thought a description of what goes into making the ThermoVape Power Supply would help.

It should be noted that the ThermoVape AC Power Supply is an extension of our modular platform. Not only in that the Power Supply works with all of our interfaces and Standard 6V Vaporizers but also in that we will continue to offer options to expand the functionality.

For example, we are working on sourcing a reliable 12V DC Adapter for use from a vehicle, as well as a Low Voltage Adapter for 3.7-4.2V vaporization. The ThermoVape Power Supply can and will be expanded upon as we find new, reliable power adapters. The best part is that all you will need to purchase in the future to expand the functionality of your ThermoVape Power Supply is an inexpensive adapter. The ThermoVape Power Supply is a buy it once, and you are good forever kind of a deal.

With that said here is what goes into each ThermoVape Power Supply:

Raw Materials. We start with the same Cold Finished T6 6061 Aluminum, US sourced from Alcoa used in our ThermoVape Vaporizers. This is not your average aluminum; our raw bars start with a 1/1000 of an inch variation across the length of the 12 foot bar. As good as it get. We also use FDA approved High Temperature US Sourced Delrin as a thermal insulator.

All components of the ThermoVape Power Supply are Made in the USA. We sourced Butt-connector, ring terminal, and plug assembly from US companies in Menlo Park, CA and Chicago. All other components we manufacture in house.

The AC wall plug/adapter is made in China. If anyone can find a US company still manufacturing these types of simple wall plug/transformers please forward us their information.

We precision machine the Aluminum Main Body, Inner Sleeve, and contact. These parts undergo an initial QCC for size and dimension. We then hand debur each part, the contact piece is also tumbled. The main body is then sent out for laser etching. After deburing, tumbling, and etching these parts are then Electrolessly Nickel Plated. The Nickel ion fills and selas the pores of the aluminum, increasing hardness, conductivity, and corrosion resistance. The Delrin Internal Insulator is also precision machined, hand debured, and cleaned.

We then begin the process of hand assembly. We have no automated processes. Every part is inspected as it goes through the assembly process, and undergoes individual testing for function and form. All connections are both soldered, and also reinforced with a redundant mechanical connection for maximum durability. All precision ‘press fits’ are achieved with small a Arbor hand press for precise, durable and adhesive/bonding agent/chemical free assembly. Once all of the connections are made, and the components assembled, we begin our final testing process. All of this happens under one roof, often the same person performing each step of the process. Nothing is outsourced. The final Power Supply Perfectly matches all ThermoVape Vaporizers in terms of quality, fit and finish.

Once the ThermoVape Power Supply Passes our extreme failure test only then is it ready to ship to a customer.

The money you spend on the ThermoVape Power Supply goes first to the cost of the highest quality materials and components available, and then to the cost of machining and finishing processes. Finally to the labor for assembly to pay the hard-working vapor loving ThermoVape employee who painstakingly assembles each Power Supply.

Sometimes after all that there may be a couple bucks left over to keep the lights on and the internet working. The old adage is true in our experience, 'You Get What You Pay For' and with the ThermoVape Power supply you get the highest quality American sourced materials and state of the art precision machining and craftsmanship. The result is a versatile, durable product that we are confident you can enjoy for years and years to come, so confident it has a lifetime warranty.

Hope that was helpful.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

For those who already have one from the shows recently you know already, the quality of the Power Adapter is still on par with all of our devices.

This whole accessory went through A LOT of testing and prototypes to find the right combination of components to ensure a quality device.

Lucky guesses.

OTHO I'm 'reliably informed' that I'm secretly being paid by you..... Brings up the point, where's my pay checks??? You think Tim's been secretly heading them off and cashing them? Wouldn't surprise me.....

You keep building 'em, we'll keep buying. Just don't compromise?

OF

You caught me OF.....

;)

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,

SFtoker88

awesome, thanks again for the thorough and timely responses, always appreciated. Just to ensure total clarification, since I currently own a normal 6V TV revolution, will I be able to interchange the parts between the two? or do they operate as completely separate units? for example, does the metal sleeve of the AC adapter have the ability to be removed like the original TV rev?

SFtoker88,

OF

awesome, thanks again for the thorough and timely responses, always appreciated. Just to ensure total clarification, since I currently own a normal 6V TV revolution, will I be able to interchange the parts between the two? or do they operate as completely separate units? for example, does the metal sleeve of the AC adapter have the ability to be removed like the original TV rev?

Yes, that's my understanding. The PA is the same as the battery section normally used except there's a hole in the bottom of the outer sleeve for the connector (no problem in battery use). And the inner tube (which normally would have the batteries) has a connector in the bottom and a plug in the top and is filled with epoxy (that was the original plan I was told a while ago when shown a prototype anyway) so you can't just take the new stuff out. You need to buy another inner tube but can use the PA outer tube after removing the inner one.

If I'm not right, I bet Tim corrects me real quick..... He's like that you know.

Oh, yes, you're welcome. Glad to help.

OF

OF,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
OF.... yet again correct!

However while we were going to use an epoxy to seal it all in we were able to make a pressed in plug to seal in all the components as it is NOT removable.

Thanks OF!

Tim

SameOldTim,

OF

OF.... yet again correct!

However while we were going to use an epoxy to seal it all in we were able to make a pressed in plug to seal in all the components as it is NOT removable.

Thanks OF!

Tim

Hey cool. You're welcome of course, glad you're here to keep me (fairly) honest.

I like the press in/no epoxy solution, but it does deprive me of my much anticipated chance to give you a bad time about your 'no adhesives or other chemicals' policy......

Such is life.

OF

Norlin

Classic Rocker
However we felt that a dedicated Power Supply that could run from numerous sources (wall outlet, 12V Car plug, external batteries, etc.) was a more versatile device..

By mentioning external batteries I expect you guys have plans to eventually release one? I haven't seen anything on the market that really fits the specs so I assume you guys are working on getting one made from some manufacturer?

Norlin,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
It's funny, I had been using my LV dart mainly on the ultralite, which works great, esp. for pocket friendliness. Today, I decided to pop in on the full sized T1 unit + interface, and boy does it jam even harder now it's getting more of a push from a heftier battery. Good stuff!! :tup:

jambandphan03,
Reactions: OF

OF

It's funny, I had been using my LV dart mainly on the ultralite, which works great, esp. for pocket friendliness. Today, I decided to pop in on the full sized T1 unit + interface, and boy does it jam even harder now it's getting more of a push from a heftier battery. Good stuff!! :tup:

You got that part right, Lady. That bitty battery suffers some with the DART, especially for longer times, but it will work. Tim and I were discussing in during a visit one time, Noah walked up, heard what we were talking about and shook his head. Tim grinned (he does that a lot you know) and pulled one out of his pocket with a DART on it, "25 five hits over 3 days" is all it took to end the discussion and start the testing.

So, once again, it's Tim's fault.

FWIW, I find the best trade off is the medium size supply with an IMR 14500. It drives the Evolution at least as well as the 17670 in the big supply, just not as long. As you know, it's a great fit for DART in a smaller package. It's my normal mode, I save the 10440s when it's 'bitty at all costs' time.

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, I like the size of the Ultralite, but I do find I have a little trouble activating the switch for any length of time, it's so little and the texture of the metal is just slick enough that my fingers slip easy. I was wondering about the Ultra, and wish they sold it as a stand alone, as well as a kit. I have some 14500's heading my way to use in the purple Omi- 2.5 I will be getting soon, and already have several chargers, so really I would only want the Utra with out the extras. I do get decent life from the tiny 10440 size battery running the dart, but that is for quick stealth toke on the DL when it's necessary to be that careful. I tried putting a small strip of grip tape on the switch, which worked fine, until I put it in my pocket, then the grip tape acted like velcro, and moved the switch to "on" while inserting it in my pocket. I could see that being a problem, so I pulled the grip tape off.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

I was wondering about the Ultra, and wish they sold it as a stand alone, as well as a kit. I have some 14500's heading my way to use in the purple Omi- 2.5 I will be getting soon, and already have several chargers, so really I would only want the Utra with out the extras.

Oh, come on, Jam, you know they'll do it for you.... Send 'em an email, tell 'em what you want, they'll set you up.

Hey, they're on record as willing to do customs and sell any loose parts needed. Tell 'em you want the kit, but with out the batteries and charger you already have. They're cool. You know you want to do it before the 25% goes away.......

FYI if you stand the ultra next to a V2 the top of the Ultra comes to the top of the tube of the V2, the V2 head sticks up above it. They're the same diameter. You have a mini with HVD head, right? The Ultra is the same size basically but carries the much larger battery.

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Good point OF, what was I thinking??? You should see the shopping cart I've already got lined up and waiting to check out when the glass adapters show up, they better hurry before I start to change my mind hit the delete button :lol: So I want it all, can you blame me? :freak:

OF

Good point OF, what was I thinking??? You should see the shopping cart I've already got lined up and waiting to check out when the glass adapters show up, they better hurry before I start to change my mind hit the delete button :lol: So I want it all, can you blame me? :freak:

Blame you? Blame? You?

No way, you're in inspiration to us all!

OF

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Guys i just completed my order for TV with dart loading tool, water pipe attachment and power adapter. Btw the power adapter works worldwide, 220v also.

Hope this is worth the investment, being my most expensive vape at $350 including all accessories/dart+heater replacement with international shipping.

Also has anybody tried budder or margarine with this thing ?

audiodelic,

OF

Guys i just completed my order for TV with dart loading tool, water pipe attachment and power adapter. Btw the power adapter works worldwide, 220v also.

Hope this is worth the investment, being my most expensive vape at $350 including all accessories/dart+heater replacement with international shipping.

Also has anybody tried budder or margarine with this thing ?

Congratulation, I'm sure you'll be quite happy with your purchase.

I've never seen or heard of "margarine' in this context, but I've done several budders, they work great. Better than lots of oils.....

Good luck with the wait....and the Customs man.

OF

OF,

Darb

I already have the revolution with the 6v power supply.
I have never been happy with the vapor production I have been able to achieve. It seems like either I can't use it properly or it's a defective unit.
I really like the design of this product and want to give it another chance. It seems to be a favorite of many so I'm convinced mine isn't working correctly.
I'm going to order either the standard voltage dart to use on my thermovape 6v power supply or the Alpha ultra with a LV dart.
I know battery life will differ between the two.
A couple of questions for those of you who have used both:
What dart would you prefer and why?
What power supply do you prefer and why?

Darb,

JoeKickass

I already have the revolution with the 6v power supply.
I have never been happy with the vapor production I have been able to achieve. It seems like either I can't use it properly or it's a defective unit.

I thought the same thing until they sent me a second replacement unit and it performed exactly the same...

Basically the way it acts when it's brand new is a bit of a tease, because it never works that well again no matter how much you clean it... kind of disappointing I know but if you give it a minute or two heat up and draw as slow as hell you should be able to get reasonable clouds even if they do taste like burnt crap most of the time...

JoeKickass,

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Hmm....my SV dart has been crushing since the day I got it...even better now that the ceramic is 'seasoned'...strange to hear differing opinions.

Since I've got it, I've ran ~8 grams of BHO wax through mine in ~month, and so far I've only cleaned the mouthpiece (and the smooth flow mouthpiece) a couple times, but not the ceramic side...loads still taste very nice, and it produces nice thick vapor no problem....what kind of concentrate are y'all using?

FYI - I use OF's tip of 'load light and often'...around the size of a bb or match head....

Hope y'all get it sorted...as for me, there was nothing to sort, just load and rock out...wishing the same for you.

Dangus,

JoeKickass

Since I've got it, I've ran ~8 grams of BHO wax through mine in ~month

Honestly I don't think the type of concentrate plays much of a difference. I ran everything in my first one and only the finest stuff I could find in the second but they both suffered similar performance declines after about 3 grams.

How long do you hold the power on for? Do you load when it's hot or only when it's cold?

JoeKickass,

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Honestly I don't think the type of concentrate plays much of a difference. I ran everything in my first one and only the finest stuff I could find in the second but they both suffered similar performance declines after about 3 grams.

How long do you hold the power on for? Do you load when it's hot or only when it's cold?

Cool, I was just curious about the concentrate because I've only used the same stuff the whole time, wondering if my results would vary with other types...guess I should press some keef and check that out...

To start off, I usually do a 5-10 second warm up and pull a few clouds to try and judge how well it's hitting. (and try to remember when I loaded it last...) If I decide to load, it's usually warm from those couple draws. I usually drop a little ball down and try not to get it stuck to the side, sometimes I have to tamp it down a bit.

Sometimes I keep the top off and warm it up and watch it for a bit to make sure it's all the way on the plate. Since I hit it at an angle I figure the melted goods can build up on one side, so after a draw or two I will rotate the piece (switch facing up vs down) so the wax can run back over the plate...a few draws later, rotate again.

Dangus,

vapor 4 life

I am also curious why you have had so many problems with your dart . I have ran many grams of glass or shatter in my dart. It blows huge clouds all day every day while I work. I have a couple Omicrons and I have not touched them in months. The Omi you do not have to mess with on the go but the dart tastes so damn good. Way better than my nail at home! I can actually Identify the stain as I puff the dart. The flavor really comes from this thing. Every once and a while a hit or two will taste burned and I can not figure out why but 95% of the time tasty . These devices have changed my life. As a vaporist the portable herb vapes just did not cut it for me. On the go it was hard to get as vaked as I wanted. Now armed with my Dart I am one stoney S.O.B. and to top it of the smell factor is cut down by puffing oil. Way better while working out in the world. To answer some ?s I load hot or cold but often and I hold the switch for 10 seconds then a test puff then a long draw then repeat always repeat... edit I forgot to add I have had the Dart months (or whenever it was released) and use it daily and I have only cleaned it once.

Top Bottom