Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

OF

Agreed. I took some old reclaim that didn't get the best filter so it had a tiny bit of plant matter left, if I hit it on my Ti nail it'd leave a tiny ash pile, less than 5% of the load, but still way more than the 0% my bho leaves behind.

This brings up what I think is a key point with these guys, what doesn't vape off. If it's only 5% of the gram you put in, it's 10% when it's half gone, well over 25% when it stalls out since that original .05 grams is still in there, but is now part of less than 200 total mg, not the 1000 at the start. More importantly is where that happens, at the hot spots. In Omicron carts, this causes a scab over the element that eventually grinds production to a halt. Revolution and Evolution have a leg up here in that the heat is transferred by radiation not conduction to the load. It still gets gummed up and dies, but it happens in the total volume of the reservoir ceramic, not just the bit of the wick that touches hot metal, so it tends to go downhill further and further and be pretty messed up in the end. Pretty cool how you can bring it back to life and all, if it was a cart you'd be looking to buy more.

I've had some "killer" full melt kill it too, in less than a half gram. I did the 'foil test' on it, it melted fine, just left a little junk behind. Super Melts, I'm told, are OK?? Oils and waxes seem to work fine for the most part.

Anyway, good point. Best to avoid concentrates that don't evaporate off cleanly.

OF

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
***POST #420*** :clap: :rockon: :whoa:
OK- Here goes. I just got my DART and it seems pretty great without the window (and especially with some primo oil!) I am not sure about the dabber part or how much to load. As I said before I just put about a bb sized ball on the dabber put it on and melt it down, then add another on top. I am wondering if this works like the revolution (load light, and often) or because there is no window can it hold a bit more?? Anyone wanting to opine on this please feel free!!! Have a great weekend fellow FC'rs!!

The hits are however magnificently tasty!! :)

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
***POST #420*** :clap: :rockon: :whoa:
OK- Here goes. I just got my DART and it seems pretty great without the window (and especially with some primo oil!) I am not sure about the dabber part or how much to load. As I said before I just put about a bb sized ball on the dabber put it on and melt it down, then add another on top. I am wondering if this works like the revolution (load light, and often) or because there is no window can it hold a bit more?? Anyone wanting to opine on this please feel free!!! Have a great weekend fellow FC'rs!!

The hits are however magnificently tasty!! :)
stick with load light and often and you can't go wrong. i have overloaded a little w/no prob, but there are plenty of stories of people loading too much and fuggin' the works up and having to wash and boil and start over from what i read.

In two days of playing with the LV dart, I'm pretty impressed, nice work TV team!
I have been following OF's findings of 150 mgs as a "empty" weight, and add 50 mg +/- and enjoy. No flooding yet, due to some good reading. Thanks.

OF

In two days of playing with the LV dart, I'm pretty impressed, nice work TV team!
I have been following OF's findings of 150 mgs as a "empty" weight, and add 50 mg +/- and enjoy. No flooding yet, due to some good reading. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback, HAL. Good to know the information 'travels well' and is useful on the other end. I'll keep giving it out that way for now at least.

Please do keep enjoying it. That was, after all, the original goal, right?

OF

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Everyone,

This Mothers Day show your mom (sister, daughter or whatever the case may be) how much you love her with a ThermoVape!

Till Sunday night at midnight use Promo Code 'ILOVEMOM" and get 25% off your order!!!

Cheers,

Tim

JoeKickass

I was rather unexpectedly interrupted while boiling my Revolution today... it had been boiling for probably an hour already so the water was getting low and the sides of the pot were coated with resin...

What did I do?

Quickly dumped the water, took out the rev, and dumped in a can of soup!

So now I've got a sparkly clean rev and a pot full of "pot" soup!:rofl:
:mmmm:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Just did my first everclear extract to use with my Dart, and all I can say is WOW!! This is as clean and tasty as any BHO I have made, tastier even, doesn't have that mystery butane flavor. OMG!! I think this will be my extracting process for now until something better comes along. The color is also equal to any of my previous BHO extracts, a nice golden color, with the hint of amber, nothing black or dark like I was getting with Iso. I did the frozen quickwash method. The Dart LOVES this stuff. It's such a simple process, I use a coffee cup warmer to slowly heat the stainless steel cup to evaporate off the alcohol in front of an exit fan in the window, a slow purge over night worked great. I am so glad to get these results! :freak:

Nice work. Maybe look into a IR thermometer. You can speed up purge w/o comprising the content if you know your #'s.

Edit: please be over cautious, its definitly not as volatile as butane, but could still cause problems!

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm staying pretty safe with it, using the low heat of the coffee warmer, in front of an exit vent fan mounted in the window, using very small amounts at a time... thanks :) I don't mind the slow perge, the flavor is outstanding!!

Sir

Intellectual Badass
Well, I originally ordered a DART from my local headshop, but they got me a revolution. I'm a little bummed, as that isn't what I paid for, but I guess it's okay. I haven't tried it out yet though, as I'm a little confused on how it works. I am mainly going to be using it for actual essential oils, like for insomnia and such, but I don't know how much to use. I've heard that it acts as a diffuser, and as long as the oil doesn't say "Not for internal use," it should be fine. However, I'm just not sure, as they always tell you to use a diffuser or something on the bottle.

Could someone please clarify for me, so I can get to vaping? xD

Thanks

Sir,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Well, I originally ordered a DART from my local headshop, but they got me a revolution. I'm a little bummed, as that isn't what I paid for, but I guess it's okay. I haven't tried it out yet though, as I'm a little confused on how it works. I am mainly going to be using it for actual essential oils, like for insomnia and such, but I don't know how much to use. I've heard that it acts as a diffuser, and as long as the oil doesn't say "Not for internal use," it should be fine. However, I'm just not sure, as they always tell you to use a diffuser or something on the bottle.

Could someone please clarify for me, so I can get to vaping? xD

Thanks

Try a few drops load ed through the window onto the porous ceramic. Let them soak in. Then give the Revolution a 5-10 second warm up and try a few gentle puffs (not inhaling). THen add 2 more drops. 5-10 second warm up, then try a few puffs. If you are starting to generate desirable vapor then continue adding 1-2 drops every few inhalations.

You can experiment by increasing the warm up time, and changing how you are puffing on the device. It will take a little while for the Revolution to break in. You can also experiment with how many drops you put in the Revolution and see how that effects the vapor. I would not add more then 4 drops at a time until you become more familiar with it.

Hope that helps. Please let us know.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

Sir

Intellectual Badass
Try a few drops load ed through the window onto the porous ceramic. Let them soak in. Then give the Revolution a 5-10 second warm up and try a few gentle puffs (not inhaling). THen add 2 more drops. 5-10 second warm up, then try a few puffs. If you are starting to generate desirable vapor then continue adding 1-2 drops every few inhalations.

You can experiment by increasing the warm up time, and changing how you are puffing on the device. It will take a little while for the Revolution to break in. You can also experiment with how many drops you put in the Revolution and see how that effects the vapor. I would not add more then 4 drops at a time until you become more familiar with it.

Hope that helps. Please let us know.

Cheers,

ThermoVape
Thanks for the reply. So it works as a diffuser basically?

Sir,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Sorry to hear they got the wrong one. Heat core wise, they are the same, but the Dart has no window, as you might already know. Seems people are agreeing that a BB size load is about what you want to put in there at a time. There is a break in period to prime up the clean/empty ceramic. Your first load will soak into the ceramic as it heats, and you may not get much vapor, so it is a good idea to load a small dab in there, heat it until you see it melt down (looking through the window) and then load another small dab and close up the cap/window and then start to hit it taking slow steady draw. A few tips, if you pull the cap straight up, and out, then put it in with out twisting it around, you won't get as much oil seeping out on exposed area where the window is, when the cap is in. The more you twist the cap the more oil will spread around on the inner part, and it can get a little messy in the window. If you find the cap won't move, or feels stuck, heat it up for about 5-10 seconds, and it will loosen up. It is normal for the oil to stain the ceramic, making it look dark, and stop glowing when you heat it... it just stains.

Hope it goes well for you, I am curious about what you said about "not for internal use" I am not sure what that would be for, hopefully not the oil you are vaping.

Thanks for chiming in TV, I'm glad I had this right, good to have the info backed up by the MNF... ;)

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Just wondering if anyone has any tips on the sliding mechanism. I find when clean and hands are also clean there is no real problem as slider works smoothly. But doesn't seem to take any time at all and starts to get hard to slide up. Sometimes cleaning hands help as my hands tend to get sweaty or at least wiping tends helps. Other times the slide just has no grip and feels sticky to slide. Find I have to regularly clean and is annoying as well have some labourer thumbs over using it regularly.
Any suggestions or dressing of some kind for the slider? I think I read somewhere about a slider for handicapped? :/

Pipes,

JoeKickass

So I don't know if it's my oil or the fact that I added too much that first time, but my Dart doesn't seem to want to get it's act together.

I've been doing extended cleaning sessions (hours of sonic iso bath and boiling) but it keeps acting clogged and scabbed even though the surface looks dry and ready for more. I kid you not, it takes more than a minute to preheat. And I just can't get the vapor I used to.

Is there something more powerful that I can clean with? Acetone?
Can I exchange for a new one TV?

JoeKickass,

Norlin

Classic Rocker
Help me out here guys, just trying to get a couple things straight here.

I'm really confused as to which thermovape product is for me. What's the difference between the t1, revolution, and evolution? I'm going on a road trip with some people who don't know I consume thc, I'm in need of something I can just slide into my pocket and go to the bathroom with during stops. I can't really fill the device with cannabinoids while I'm on the road, and smell will be a factor.

So lets say I end up going with a revolution, if I buy the t1 conversion kit that makes into exactly the same thing as a t1? No differences at all? Vice versa with the revolution conversion kit?

I feel like the tv website needs a "Which product is for me" page. It would be helpful.

Norlin,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
T1 is for herbs, it has a pretty good size bowl, and I noticed mine puts off some smell, just sitting on my desk after a few loads have gone through it. The Evolution is also an herb vaporizer chamber, smaller, a bit more conservative, but has longer heating times to get it going than the T1, but a slightly better battery life. The Revolution and Dart are for oils and concentrates, you can put a small load in, and get a few hits, then load it again when vapor gets light. It might do better for your situation to go with the Dart if you can't openly enjoy herbs with your company. Concentrates tend to be much more potent, so you need fewer hits and less odor than herbs, and you can get a couple of good puffs and go on with out a lot of fuss. Assuming you have access to decent oil concentrates. The Dart is similar to the Revolution in function, but it has a built in dabber in the cap that makes loading quick and easy. The Revolution has a side window built in, so you can load through the side, but you might find you need extra tools to do it, depending on the nature of your concentrate. If it was me, in that situation and I had some oil concentrate, I would get the Dart, and then add on the other parts later as so desired. The good thing is once you have the battery casing/ and interface you can mix and match to fine tune what you need. I hope this helps, in any case, all of the above are very stealthy. And yes, if you bought the Revolution Dart kit, and wanted to get the T1 conversion kit later, you would be able to have both in one unit. Simply unscrew the interface for the Rev. and screw the top for the T1 in it's place over the battery chamber, and you are in business... Just make sure, if you want to use the T1 you get the 6v (standard) version of the Rev, not the 3.7v LV version, or you will end up needing different batteries and charger for the T1 which is a 6v device. Battery life for the T1 is about one bowl per set of batteries 10 or so hits give or take a few. The Evo has a slightly longer batter life, 15-20 hits seems to be the average, and the Revolution/Dart have a much longer life, but I don't know the hit count (if anyone else knows, please chime in) You will need a way to charge batteries, or get a few spares to keep some charged on hand. I hope this helps some...

PB88123

Vaporist
Help me out here guys, just trying to get a couple things straight here.

I'm really confused as to which thermovape product is for me. What's the difference between the t1, revolution, and evolution? I'm going on a road trip with some people who don't know I consume thc, I'm in need of something I can just slide into my pocket and go to the bathroom with during stops. I can't really fill the device with cannabinoids while I'm on the road, and smell will be a factor.

So lets say I end up going with a revolution, if I buy the t1 conversion kit that makes into exactly the same thing as a t1? No differences at all? Vice versa with the revolution conversion kit?

I feel like the tv website needs a "Which product is for me" page. It would be helpful.

Good idea on the "Which product is for me" page.

T1 = herb
EVO = herb
REV/DART = concentrates

You can also do edibles which is what most people will recommend first.

If you have concentrates look above me.

For herb (since you mentioned the T1, Evolution)
For a road trip with herb may I suggest the EVO 6 volt (standard). It will heat up in 5-10 seconds, all black, you can get 15 hits before changing the batteries and get 5-10 good hits a bowl depending on the quality you put in. I would bring a contacts case filled with herb to refill while in the restroom. I would say 6 good inhales + filling it would take at most 4 minutes. This requires no stirring and the cap won't clog unlike the T1. Smell wise whatever gets out from refilling in the bathroom if someone you are with uses it after. Pop a piece of gum / spend a couple minutes outside before getting back in. The device will smell a little so there is a little risk.

PB88123,

Jhonny

** It does seem to get pretty hot, pretty fast. I am using one of my "riva/ego" knock off batteries and the button area got pretty warm after a couple of pulls, but nothing I couldn't deal with. Also stuck my pure/filter tip on there and it improved my vapor production, by slowing down the draw just a bit.

please help me, Im a little confused ;)

Do Revolution (LV) carts work well ego battery or not?

Jhonny,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Ok, the LV will "run" on an Ego, but likely kill it in the process. I used it on 2 of mine, and both wigged out after a few times of heating it up to full vapor temps. The electronics in the Ego are not geared to handle the voltage that the Evolution needs to run properly,or the heat it produces. I wish it was not so, because that is what got me started on this path, but I am so glad to have the actual TV battery now for the Evo, it is a good, solid unit that should last a long time.

also got reports of other ego style batteries stopped working after trying to use the Evo on them from other FC members.

jambandphan03,

2clicker

Observer
also got reports of other ego style batteries stopped working after trying to use the Evo on them from other FC members.

myself included

i find that the Dart is my favorite of the bunch. very little learning curve and rips a TON. easily can generate lung busting pulls... given youve loaded enough to do so.

side loading Rev works easily as well, but the Dart is a little less hassle IMO. both work very well.

and the Evo, once heated properly it produces some quality pulls. i still have not achieved what ive read some saying "equal to a DBV rip", but still vapes my flowers pretty evenly and i get well medicated. ive been trying to chalk a tube with it and have yet to be able to do so. i can get a nice pull through it, but its nowhere near chalking it. the Rev/Dart on the other had can completely chalk a tube no question.

if your worried about stealthiness and all that then going the concentrate route is a better choice IMO. it takes much less time to get to vaping than the flower options.

2clicker,

JoeKickass

So I don't know if it's my oil or the fact that I added too much that first time, but my Dart doesn't seem to want to get it's act together.

I've been doing extended cleaning sessions (hours of sonic iso bath and boiling) but it keeps acting clogged and scabbed even though the surface looks dry and ready for more. I kid you not, it takes more than a minute to preheat. And I just can't get the vapor I used to.

Is there something more powerful that I can clean with? Acetone?
Can I exchange for a new one TV?

So no-go on the acetone cleaning? If I can't get this thing clean and working it's basically throw-away time at this point.

But I had a great idea for my next one, PureGold only! Oh man just thinking about it makes my mouth water...

I think that's the way to go honestly, if you vape dark oils it absolutely ruins whatever you vape on. Doesn't matter what it is, sooner or later, it will be unusable. So I think I let my disposables handle the nasty oils from now on, the Dart is really only "cleansable" ime. It's a one way road with anything darker than blonde hair color...

JoeKickass,
Top Bottom