Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Just ordered my EVO, didn't know it was available in black......:D
As well as the new Delrin 510 top....will fit right into my incognito needs...:brow:
Can't wait.......LOL
I know, no patience.......:rolleyes:
Like Christmas all year at ThermoVape.

Pipes,

2clicker

Observer
im going to be cleaning my 6V Dart core to sell or trade it. ive gone totally LV now so i dont really need it.

anyway im going to soak it in ISO, but wasnt sure if how long i can leave it soaking for. i would prefer to get it as clean as possible with ISO before boiling it. will soaking it overnight or for a couple of days ok?

i assume it is, but wanna make sure before i do so.

2clicker,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
You might want to do an over night Iso soak, then boil it, then do another Iso soak (using fresh iso) to see if anything got left behind since you want to sell it. That is what I would do anyway. I would say over night is a minimum, I usually leave mine for atleast 24hours if I want them really clean. Give an occational shake to stir up the inside. :2c:

jambandphan03,

2clicker

Observer
You might want to do an over night Iso soak, then boil it, then do another Iso soak (using fresh iso) to see if anything got left behind since you want to sell it. That is what I would do anyway. I would say over night is a minimum, I usually leave mine for atleast 24hours if I want them really clean. Give an occational shake to stir up the inside. :2c:

got it. just wanted to make sure it was ok to soak for long periods of time. though i have no reason as to why it wouldnt be. thanks.

2clicker,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I soaked my Revolution for a month (then boiled) . . . finally got some bho to feed it and its doing fine :)

t-dub,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The iso was a nice clear amber color at the end and the boil was clean. Possibly the slightest hint of wax left on the stainless steel pan but it wasn't very much.

t-dub,

JoeKickass

The iso was a nice clear amber color at the end and the boil was clean. Possibly the slightest hint of wax left on the stainless steel pan but it wasn't very much.

What you were serious? You changed iso every single day for a whole month??

JoeKickass,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
No, I just let my Rev. sit in the iso for like a month . . . it actually was probably longer . . . :shrug: but I didn't change it (the iso) just topped it up in the flask if it needed it.

t-dub,

NewSchoolExplorer

Hey I think a month is a little overboard and by that time the alcohol concentration would be much less. It is more effective to continuously change ISO.

NewSchoolExplorer,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
So funny that we are all pretty much on the same page here- :rockon: I was using my Rev faithfully and then I changed the wax I put in it. It basically seized up and I had to ISO soak it twice, scrape it and then give it a short boil. :ninja: I think the first wax I put in it was almost pure, but then the other stuff was not purged or whatever. I just tried it with some fresh Triple Diesel full melt and this thing is working like it never did before!! :ko: ( I have my DART coming in the mail today so that will be my next experiment, then on to the Omi carts) Hardly seems like I need to now tho- :uhoh:
I am wondering though, if any of you guys have any tips on storing your wax. I have kept mine in my mini fridge and it seems to be fine, but I wonder how long it will keep until it is not optimal anymore?

Haven't said it in awhile, but nice job Thermovape! You guys got it goin' on keep those inovations coming!! :peace: :love:

Bluntcrush,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Thanks for sharing that tidbit t-dub, good to know long iso soaks are not hazardous.
Long iso soaks are fine, i couldn't really see any advantage of anything longer than a week though.

Just make sure to evaporate all the iso out before you refill your Rev, also a 20-20 burn might not be a bad idea after long soaks like that.

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,

OF

Just make sure to evaporate all the iso out before you refill your Rev, also a 20-20 burn might not be a bad idea after long soaks like that.

Two good points, I like to boil after ISO so all the alcohol is for sure gone. I'd much rather have water than ISO trapped inside.

And I'd forgot the 20/20 burn (20 seconds on, 20 off, for 20 cycles). I only did it a few times (it's kind of a pain....) and did ISO wash and boil after, but it did a great job of clearing my Revolution of the worst bubble hash mess ever seen by man. I intentionally kept feeding more in when it stalled out to see what would happen....it gets worse. But it's a tough little rascal, it bounced right back.

OF

NewSchoolExplorer

I always ISO first than water but if your lazy like I am at times, just iso in shot glass, rinse in HOT sink water, and do the 20-20 (though i do not necessarily do it to the same time or duration but the heat will make sure the minute amount of alcohol will evaporate.)

NewSchoolExplorer,
What is this Frankenstein? :)
IMAG0725.jpg

Sorry to both manufacturers, but I thought some folks might like seeing these 2 make sweet lovin'.

But anyways, I'm liking the LV dart quite a bit so far. You folks' info has made the learning curve nonexistent. Thank you.

JoeKickass

What is this Frankenstein? :)

Sorry to both manufacturers, but I thought some folks might like seeing these 2 make sweet lovin'.

But anyways, I'm liking the LV dart quite a bit so far. You folks' info has made the learning curve nonexistent. Thank you.

Careful, at full battery voltage two 1.5 ohm carts will draw 5.6 amps which is pushing the top at 110%...

(Use one cart for a bit when the battery is fresh off the charger :2c: )

JoeKickass,
Yeah, it was more a test. Also, 5.6 is about the same as the EVO. Lv(I think), and it runs that fine, hot, but fine.
I'm not going to get to crazy yet.

havealight101,

B.

War Criminal
Two good points, I like to boil after ISO so all the alcohol is for sure gone. I'd much rather have water than ISO trapped inside.

And I'd forgot the 20/20 burn (20 seconds on, 20 off, for 20 cycles). I only did it a few times (it's kind of a pain....) and did ISO wash and boil after, but it did a great job of clearing my Revolution of the worst bubble hash mess ever seen by man. I intentionally kept feeding more in when it stalled out to see what would happen....it gets worse. But it's a tough little rascal, it bounced right back.

OF

Agreed. I took some old reclaim that didn't get the best filter so it had a tiny bit of plant matter left, if I hit it on my Ti nail it'd leave a tiny ash pile, less than 5% of the load, but still way more than the 0% my bho leaves behind. It hit ok for a bit, but I too wanted to experience a controlled overload so I wouldn't have to learn the hard way. And OF's right, once it's gummed up you gotta give it a proper cleaning. I was hoping maybe some 20/20 burns alone could clear it out, but that and trying to take a bunch of rips didn't really work. After an ISO soak, boil, and some 20/20 burns(def not 20 tho), she was good as new. I haven't had that problem since, and I haven't cleaned it in a month, during which I've put probably .3 or .4 of bho through it, in appropriately sized loads.

B.,
Top Bottom