Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
As usual OF has the right idea. He very well might have more seat time cleaning DART's than i do, i tend to not clean very often and just vape it hot at the end. This will burn off some of the impurities from the coil, enough to get going again.

Just like he said, dont put the switch or the batteries in any fluid to clean. i Focus most on cleaning the core when i do a cleaning.

Cheers,
Tim

OF

As usual OF has the right idea.

Yet another in a series of lucky guesses.

Has to happen from time to time you know......

I think one of the great strengths of the Revolution/DART is it being so mechanically tough, strong cleaning options make it hard to get it too gummed up. This also leaves it open to individual tastes. Some guys demand 'that clean taste' and are willing to clean compulsively to get it. Others just want to run lots of concentrate through it to make lots of vapor easily. The device is up to either approach, as well as lots of others. After some use, the owner gets a genuine 'feel' for how it's doing.

Cera, of course, builds on that experience with the EO core. Once freed from the tiny format of Revolution/DART the technology really comes into it's own there. Plenty of capacity and the power to run it.

There's also strong testament in how owners refuse to surrender their Revolution/DARTs even when they move on to other vapes. Many of us have spares stashed that aren't for sale.

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
I think one of the great strengths of the Revolution/DART is it being so mechanically tough, strong cleaning options make it hard to get it too gummed up.
OF

Well, we just hit one of those situations I think. My buddy finally got my the DART after he "cleaned" it...which appears to have amounted to wipe off the outside with a dirty sock. He mention he tried bubble out of it but from the first look, it appeared that there was a solid think layer gummed up across the top. So I gently warmed it by hand enough to scrape and started with Tim's suggested method.

Next day we can actually see a surface but there are still lines of concentrate running out of both the tip and cart.

So on with my tried and true 20-20-20 and still back at square one....firing the cart gets warm (same as my Rev) but its like trying to suck a watermelon through a coffee stirrer..no bueno...

Any suggestions on a "deep clean" or should I just keep the rotation up until I see some success?

Side Note:

Hey, stoned though here....has anyone tried just putting a length of silicone tubing over the Rev and using it with the DART tip? Stoned and don't have the parts in front of me but didn't want to forget...:ko:

Zingbuddah,

OF

Any suggestions on a "deep clean" or should I just keep the rotation up until I see some success?

I'd stick with boiling and ISO soaks, avoiding 20/20/20 burns like the proverbial plague until it's basically clean. Now you're simply baking the junk at the bottom on all the harder that way.

You can't get it hot enough to burn clean without overheating the PTFE insulator in the bottom of the connector (unlike Cera which eliminated this part) for that reason. TV can strip it and flame the ceramic clean again when free of the body but this destroys the base piece (which they replace anyway when they rewind it).

I have a more radical suggestion, but it has some risks and needs care in doing. I'm not going to put it out here since every net.idiot who sees it will immediately start abusing it as we've seen so often.....I don't want it 'getting out'. If you still fail after serious trying the above (boil and soak cycles), PM me. If you're willing to strictly follow instructions and promise to not 'pass it on' to anyone under any conditions we can try to work through it. Otherwise it's time for a trip to the shop I think?

Too bad about your friend, I assume he didn't offer to get it fixed and pay for it........ Sad.

Good luck with it.

OF

JoeKickass

I am surprised there is so much interest in the dart, mine tasted like a ecig compared to the cera eo core, just simply no contest...

JoeKickass,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
yea, but a dart can be screwed on to any 510 power source. can't really compare anything to the EO core, 'cept maybe the herc, but that hasn't been re-released yet. not sure about the "e-cig" taste as i have tons of e-cigs and would never compare the two, but it'll never put out like the cera cart.

jpdnkstr

Thanks guys, those last 2 comments about the eo core, sure aren't helping out my financial situation! I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on CeraEO, the only problem is I can't decide on Ti or SS..... I understand the difference in theory, but does anyone who owns both SS and Ti EO cores, care to comment on real world differences? Can I purchase a SS Cera body with a Ti EO core?

Edit: oops! I thought I was posting in the Cera thread! Oh well, I guess my DART is working well enough....for now.....

jpdnkstr,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
LOL..yeah I keep having to check if I'm in the Cera, Rev or TV thread before posting.....

Going to try to soak method....can't hurt it as its plugged right now...

My 20-20-20 was 20 in iso, 20 boil and 20 iso not the cart burn off....sorry for the confusion.

This may be enough for me to put up all my TV and D9 gear and pack it in for a Cera....having two bags of parts when one device can do them all...I'm still hunting down just a plain T1 core so I can do herb and concentrates as it is...(end frustration rant)

Glad to have you guys around to keep me motivated....

(edit: add)

And so the DART tip fits with the Rev perfectly....anyone have a suggestion on where I can source a chunk of silicone tubing that will fit over it?

(edit: another add)

And now I can't find the DART tip on the dang website that changed....is it just easier to call and request the parts I'm looking for? I know they have a stock of parts that were on the old website and waiting to be put on the new one....

Zingbuddah,

toros23

Hey Everyone - I just picked up a new SV Dart online. Is it possible to remove the black plastic around the body if I only plan to use the body with the Dart? I thought I read back in this thread that the plastic is a heat shield for loose leaf use.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did read the entire thread but don't remember seeing this question.

toros23,

thevaf

Hey Everyone - I just picked up a new SV Dart online. Is it possible to remove the black plastic around the body if I only plan to use the body with the Dart? I thought I read back in this thread that the plastic is a heat shield for loose leaf use.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did read the entire thread but don't remember seeing this question.

Where did you find it online? i've been looking for one for while now...

thevaf,

OF

Is it possible to remove the black plastic around the body if I only plan to use the body with the Dart?

Lucky you, finding a new DART these days.....wanna go buy some Lotto tickets?

It's easy to get the Delrin sleeve off the outer batter tube. Just boil the tube and sleeve in a pan of water for a few minutes, the plastic will expand faster than the metal and you can easily slide it off. You can usually get it mostly on cold (should you decide to put it back), boiling it again and working with it hot is the key there too.

I wrapped the rascal in a towel and poked the tube out of the sleeve with the handle on a wooden spoon....which I got back in the drawer before getting caught. That not getting caught part is also advised.....

OF

toros23

Thanks OF!! I'll give it a shot! I know what you mean, I feel lucky to have one. I went a little backwards going from the Cera to the Dart, but love my Cera so much I had to see what all the fuss was about! I think it will fill another need nicely.

thevaf - Another member here clued me in, so I will let them step forward if they want to post the info - again.

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
What do you guys think is a fair price for a brand new Revolution (stem only, no battery sleeve)? This is hypothetical of course. :brow:

Deadhead101,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
What do you guys think is a fair price for a brand new Revolution (stem only, no battery sleeve)? This is hypothetical of course. :brow:

Well, someone on here offered $130 for a brand new DART... $65 is what I paid for mine shipped.

Fair price is what both parties agree on! Anything less than $65 shipped is golden right now, IMO, considering they stopped making them (though they miiiight start making them one day), and anything less I'd almost want to call highway robbery :D

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: OF

toros23

OF - Thanks again for the tip for removing the Delrin sleeve. Worked like a champ, even used a wooden spoon! With this setup, would there be any point in looking at the Ultra body? Seems very similar but I have only seen photos of the Ultra.

Really happy with my rev/dart purchase and will hold me over nicely until the mini cera is released. I hope to post where I found it online soon for others who are looking, just waiting to hear back from another member.

The kit includes
- 4 batteries
- Home and Car charger
- DART cart
- T1 body

That is a great price, I just paid $150 for same kit. Good pickup!!!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
OF - Thanks again for the tip for removing the Delrin sleeve. Worked like a champ, even used a wooden spoon! With this setup, would there be any point in looking at the Ultra body? Seems very similar but I have only seen photos of the Ultra.

Hardly. The Ultra was an e-cig first, and just happened to drive the LR versions as well ;) Size is the biggest difference. Might take a few seconds longer to heat up?

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I have the Ultra-Max and it is the same identical as the Rev, minus the delrin sleeve. It was made by Apex so I have an A on the bottom but everything else is the same quality ans size. Hope that helps, if not that walking encyclopedia of all things TV will set us straight. :lol:

Top Bottom