Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

jpdnkstr

If I have my side loader Rev converted to a DART by TV, will I end up with that larger surface area?

No, you cannot have your side loader turned into a DART, it's always going to have the window, and the larger hole in the bottom of the tube really has no effect on performance(don't overload), all the action is under the ceramic. People are modifying the REV, by covering the window with a silicone sleeve, and using the DART loader. TV can change the resistance of your DART or REV(from LV to SV, or vice versa), and replace the ceramic, filling in the window is not part of the deal!

hoptimum

Thanks
I have been very satisfied with the performance of the side loading cartridge and like you say, I don't overload it. However, if TV resumes selling DART cartridges or I can find one somewhere else I would like to try it. Does anyone know if they might be available somewhere? Also, where can I find a DART loader?

OF

As far as a comparison of the DART base and the REV base, you gain a fraction more surface area on the DART base (someone jump in with a pic of both bases?) but so far the slanted side of the REV shows more promise as it tends to guide the concentrate whereas the DART base is like a griddle.

I'll be sending my LV DART base off to be fixed/rewound soon...question is since I don't have a LV base, should I just get it wound to regular voltage? Leaning to the higher choice as both the REV bases work awesome...but perhaps the choice is a better option? Decisions decisions...

Short version: Buy a REV now and get a DART tip, it rocks

I'm glad you're happy with the DART loader (of course) but it didn't change anything in terms of performance in the core, it just made loading easier?

I don't think the 'more surface area' argument means anything in vapor production, the production doesn't happen on the top surface of the plate, but on the bottom and from the reservoir ring below the heater.

As you said, the shape of the lip was changed in an effort to get recondensed concentrate to feed better. It seems to work better for some concentrates, worse for others? But it should not change production of vapor since that happens deeper inside the core.

If I have my side loader Rev converted to a DART by TV, will I end up with that larger surface area?

No. The body tube, which contains the lip and window, is retained. It's DART tubes that ran out of stock, there are no replacements for them. They can rebuild them with a new heater/base tube (of which they have plenty), same as Revolution, but the window and lip over the plate is part of the body that doesn't change.

In the conversion, which you can do at home, the upper tube and restricted MP are removed and the DART top (with UFO) and a normal (not restircted since that's done by the UFO) tip are used to replace it. Blocking the open window (normally done by the upper tube) is up to you. Some guys are using part of the Omicron MP cut off, others a short piece of high temperature Silicone tube.

Good luck.

OF

hoptimum

Thanks OF, I think I will just continue to use the side loader. It does get a little sticky and harder to turn, but I find it turns easily enough when I warm it up. I also used a bit of silicone tubing between the cartridge and the mouthpiece to give me a better grip.

OF

Thanks OF, I think I will just continue to use the side loader. It does get a little sticky and harder to turn, but I find it turns easily enough when I warm it up. I also used a bit of silicone tubing between the cartridge and the mouthpiece to give me a better grip.

You're welcome. FWIW I usually pull the top tube off mine to load, rather than twist. It's easier IMO, and less messy.

Enjoy it, it's a great little gadget for sure.

OF

OF

Good call on filling from the top, I did that last night.

Yup, I'm kinda old school with some of this, I typically load Revolution and DART by scooping some up on a needle then heating the shank of the needle until it drips off the end into the open top of either unit, I seldom use the DART tip as a dabber. IMO it's great that such options for individual tastes exists.

OF

hoptimum

Yup, I'm kinda old school with some of this, I typically load Revolution and DART by scooping some up on a needle then heating the shank of the needle until it drips off the end into the open top of either unit, I seldom use the DART tip as a dabber. IMO it's great that such options for individual tastes exists.

OF

I like this idea, what sorts of concentrates are you using?

hoptimum,

OF

I like this idea, what sorts of concentrates are you using?

Oils and waxes. Shatters would work too, but I'd probably stab a bit of them with a warm needle if I didn't want to manually load it (which I usually do). Sometimes a SS clay tool (AKA dabber) rather than a needle or steel wire (AKA paper clip). Works well IMO. The trick is to heat the shank of the tool a ways back from the concentrate so the metal carries the heat forward and the goods stay cool. When it's warm enough they slide off the end and drop in the open hole right on schedule.

Sometimes there's a little bit left forming a small droplet, I just touch it to the inner side of the tube, it works it's way down just fine.

A longer, smaller tool like the needle or safety pin fits well with the little vials oil comes in, easy to get the last bit in the corner...... When you're down to stems and seeds with the gram, heat the vial with your lighter a bit, then stand it on it's bottom or side inclined so as the heat soaks through the glass the oil will run down and collect in a corner ready for next time. Fun, really.

For travel I use a large safety pin, wipes clean and is safe.

OF

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
Can someone please reference me to a picture/post with someone who has retrofitted their Rev side loader. I want to see how it looks to get a better idea of what the benefits are of doing this? I don't understand why one couldn't simply just close the window and leave it that way, and load from the top. What am I missing here?

Deadhead101,

Ricardooayee

Can someone please reference me to a picture/post with someone who has retrofitted their Rev side loader. I want to see how it looks to get a better idea of what the benefits are of doing this? I don't understand why one couldn't simply just close the window and leave it that way, and load from the top. What am I missing here?

When all I had was my windowed rev I just took the top off and loaded that way. Not really much of a difference

0F963E2B-14B0-48A0-A39D-584D2521A965-7596-00000202310682B5_zps0caada03.jpg

hoptimum

Based on OF's suggestion I just took off the top part of the windowed cartridge and dripped some concentrate onto the heating element from a heated paperclip. Except for the hot paperclip it seemed to work fine. A better tool would make it easier. I also manually dropped some shatter oil onto the element from the top and that worked too. Loading from the top allows you to better position the concentrate on the heating element than loading through the window. I'm not sure if the retrofit would improve this, so I'm holding off at least for now.

hoptimum,
Reactions: NoName

OF

How would it not be an improvement?

It's only an improvement if you use it as a loader.....which I usually don't. It doesn't fit into the gram vials I get my oil in and even when I can it gets into the ceramic and making vapor faster if you don't have to wait for it to heat up the tip and melt the goods down. Sometimes I'll scoop some out and scrape it onto the tip, but usually I hit the shank with a little fire and get back to business.

Personal preference?

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ive gone back and forth on this issue. When i first got it I hated the Dart loader and only used the smooth flow tip.

I found the smooth flow tip to come out of the cartridge easily(especially in my pocket) and was less sturdy, so went back to the dart loader. Plus its so much easier to just place a dab on the loader then have to worry about my shakey hands and getting oil all over the sides, especially with a clean cartridge

Pcpvapors

Alright admittedly I'm a novice coming into the concentrate world and all the T1 options made my head spin. Is the revolution fine for QWISO?

Pcpvapors,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
It can handle it, but it'll gunk up the ceramic way faster. There's a lot of plant waxes in QWISO. It will also stain the ceramic faster than purer concentrates but that's aesthetic. ISO and boiling will clean the Rev up.

I did it once. Only once. Mildly regretted it afterwards. Now it's pure oils, wax, CO2, hash oil, shatter, etc.

Deadhead101

After a whole lot of grief dealing with Gotvape.com, I have learned that they have hundreds of LV Revo Stems.:party: They are only like $55. I feel like I hit a goldmine.

Too bad these are of no use to me considering I have a T1.:(

EDIT: Hold on just one minute.....Is this all I need to allow my T1 to work with a Revo stem (excluding batteries)?

OF

After a whole lot of grief dealing with Gotvape.com, I have learned that they have hundreds of LV Revo Stems.:party: They are only like $55. I feel like I hit a goldmine.

What's the old joke about a Jewish dilemma: Free ham sandwiches? If you want one bad enough it might be worth looking past the source?

You actually do have a way to use them with your T!, two actually. You can scare up the official TV 'Adapter body' to screw on top of your battery or simply unscrew the core of your T1 and screw the revolution into connector at the bottom of the socket of the T1 adapter body (it's 510 thread on the Revolution). You can't get ready access to the window, but you can still load it in place from the top (like I usually do anyway). If it's a LV, and you don't want to get it rewound to SV, you can buy a 17670 or two to fit your T1 body.

Get you vaping concentrates in the T1, even if it looks a bit funny. Costs the core plus battery or rewind, maybe?

If you've got a link for the Revolutions, you could probably make a lot of friends by posting it......

OF

Deadhead101

There is no link for the Revo's. If interested, one would need to simply call gotvape and request one. When I asked why they aren't listed online anymore, I was told it's because they are discontinued. I countered, "So what?:hmm: You still have an inventory to unload, right?" Oh, Gotvape.:doh:

I'm going to call to confirm that these are indeed in stock.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

EDIT: Hold on just one minute.....Is this all I need to allow my T1 to work with a Revo stem (excluding batteries)?
Sounds fishy to me. They were selling them online for months after they were discontinued. They even had the darts listed as in stock for months after they sold out and acknowledged they were out of stock and discontinued.

If you talked to them and they said they were in stock im sure youll be fine though. Good luck

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
just had my first dart ever die on me :( is it possible to clean it enough to send in for repairs even if I can dry burn off the stuff inside? just iso and boil, can I request they torch the ceramic clean? Cheers

kushcabbage,

hoptimum

just had my first dart ever die on me :( is it possible to clean it enough to send in for repairs even if I can dry burn off the stuff inside? just iso and boil, can I request they torch the ceramic clean? Cheers

Just out of curiosity, how much mileage did you have on it, approximately

hoptimum,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Just out of curiosity, how much mileage did you have on it, approximately
:cool:For quite a while. Miles and miles. Daily driven, used in a rotation with my backups, but she was my first. Approximately? I got it right after the darts came out after the window revolution. Shes been a champ, and boy do I cheech on that thing. :spliff:

OF

Bummer. Yes, boil it and ISO soak as best you can and send it in, they need to recover the tube and heater core rod and reservoir if possible but the tube for sure. When stripped down they routinely torch the floor plate but it of course stains again right away.

Lucky you're got a spare to console you.....

OF

Top Bottom