Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
My revolution seems extremely... weak. I don't know how to explain it. Ever since I got my switch replaced I've been trying to use it, but it seems to hardly heat up or produce vapor.

I seem to remember hearing a while back that there were dual coils as heating elements on the revolutions, could it be one has failed?

I'll probably send it out for a rebuild once I get back from vacation. Might see if I can get it switched from HV to LV too. If I do that, I could use it on an ego battery right? Or is the current just not up to par?

CentiZen,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
My revolution seems extremely... weak. I don't know how to explain it. Ever since I got my switch replaced I've been trying to use it, but it seems to hardly heat up or produce vapor.

I seem to remember hearing a while back that there were dual coils as heating elements on the revolutions, could it be one has failed?

I'll probably send it out for a rebuild once I get back from vacation. Might see if I can get it switched from HV to LV too. If I do that, I could use it on an ego battery right? Or is the current just not up to par?
Did you make sure the o ring was placed as far down as it can go before you put the switch back in. i noticed that my ultra sometimes wouldnt heat up even with a fresh battery so i took the switch out replaced the o ring and everything seems fine again. Also you could have gotten a faulty switch as a replacement? If it was working fine before you got the new switch then i doubt its an issue with the cartridge.

On a side note, how long before the switch goes bad? Ive only had mine for a couple months but was wondering about that...if they do go bad does thermovape still have replacements, or are they able to fix faulty ones?

If you switch the cart to LV itll be compatible with any 3.7V 510 battery. I believe the best ego battery for an LV stem is the ego twist but ive never used it. Also you could just get 17670 batteries to use with you rev base.

Mynameismud,
Reactions: OF

OF

On a side note, how long before the switch goes bad? Ive only had mine for a couple months but was wondering about that...if they do go bad does thermovape still have replacements, or are they able to fix faulty ones?

If you switch the cart to LV itll be compatible with any 3.7V 510 battery. I believe the best ego battery for an LV stem is the ego twist but ive never used it. Also you could just get 17670 batteries to use with you rev base.

Switches are pretty reliable the last I asked. There was an assembly problem early on that could cause a plastic shaving to be made and stuck inside causing problems. Six months or so when I asked, failures were rare and almost all T1s or Evolutions (higher current). They had plenty of switches, which is good since they were common to all the old TV and Alpha products.

While it's true that most 510 e-cigs will work with Revolution/DART (it's basically a 1.5 Ohm cart), most of them put out less than 3.7 Volts under load, even freshly charged. The Twist is a good call since it can boost the output voltage (turning it past 4.1 is useless) some to compensate. The smaller e-cigs won't drive 1.5s anyway. And it's good to remember that losses (lower output voltage) means heat is happening inside somewhere in the battery, not the cart. This combined with the need to 'chain hit' it for power for long time periods really stresses e-cig stuff, don't expect it to last too long.

OF

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Can anybody alert me to the size of tubing and the type they are using to cover the window on the Revolution. I have an extra dart top i would like to use, instead of opening that dang window each time. Feel free to PM me.

Silver420Surfer,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Thanks OF! I hate that "color" tubing, it reminds me of the same type tubing junkies in the movies use to tie off their arm. No offense.
I swore the member here had black or dark grey. Is there any type of tubing i shouldn't use for this application? Like the link provided above has other tubing in colors, would any that fit the ID and OD be okay to use?
Thanks for any input.

EDIT: I think it was 2clicker that had a black sleeve/tubing, but it looks like he took down the pictuers in his post.

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: NoName

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Thanks OF! I hate that "color" tubing, it reminds me of the same type tubing junkies in the movies use to tie off their arm. No offense.
I swore the member here had black or dark grey. Is there any type of tubing i shouldn't use for this application? Like the link provided above has other tubing in colors, would any that fit the ID and OD be okay to use?
Thanks for any input.

EDIT: I think it was 2clicker that had a black sleeve/tubing, but it looks like he took down the pictuers in his post.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#5119K44 :tup:
you can also buy it in less than a foot by using a fraction

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So back to the 2-hole, 4-hole thing... To someone that has both, do you find the 2 hole version has a more restricted draw than the 4-hole version. Ive managed to get better airflow out of my Dart that was clogged (2-holed) but it still feels like there it isnt completely unclogged. Im thinking its all in my head, since the only thing I can compare it to is the 4-holed one which has never been loaded. But there is such a dramatic difference in airflow it has me thinking that it might still be clogged somewhere. So if someone has both versions that have been used and can compare that would help greatly.

TIA

Oh and just got the ultramax with the 17670 battery. Only used it last night but all I can say so far is WOW. Took about 5 drags, put the battery on the charger when I got home and it was still green when I put it in the charger! It is slightly bigger/heavier then I anticpated but then when I compared the ultramax and ultra i couldnt really tell the difference in weight. Plus I used to bring at least an extra battery with my ultra when on the go, and i dont think ill need two batteries with this so there is that.

Are the AW protected 17670 1600 mah the best option? I dont think ill need an extra or replacement for a while, but im just wondering

And are there any smaller mouthpieces available that are compatable(maybe non TV). I really like the height of my ultra/dart. The top of the mouthpiece on that comes to about where the notch in the moutpiece of my ultramax/dart is. So I was wondering if there was anything that would work that is like half the size of the normal mouthpiece. Or even slightly smaller

Mynameismud,

NoName

So back to the 2-hole, 4-hole thing... To someone that has both, do you find the 2 hole version has a more restricted draw than the 4-hole version. Ive managed to get better airflow out of my Dart that was clogged (2-holed) but it still feels like there it isnt completely unclogged. Im thinking its all in my head, since the only thing I can compare it to is the 4-holed one which has never been loaded. But there is such a dramatic difference in airflow it has me thinking that it might still be clogged somewhere. So if someone has both versions that have been used and can compare that would help greatly.

TIA

Oh and just got the ultramax with the 17670 battery. Only used it last night but all I can say so far is WOW. Took about 5 drags, put the battery on the charger when I got home and it was still green when I put it in the charger! It is slightly bigger/heavier then I anticpated but then when I compared the ultramax and ultra i couldnt really tell the difference in weight. Plus I used to bring at least an extra battery with my ultra when on the go, and i dont think ill need two batteries with this so there is that.

Are the AW protected 17670 1600 mah the best option? I dont think ill need an extra or replacement for a while, but im just wondering

And are there any smaller mouthpieces available that are compatable(maybe non TV). I really like the height of my ultra/dart. The top of the mouthpiece on that comes to about where the notch in the moutpiece of my ultramax/dart is. So I was wondering if there was anything that would work that is like half the size of the normal mouthpiece. Or even slightly smaller

Hey MNIM,

First, sorry but all my 'REVS' are the 4 hole variety. I've never seen a 2 hole version of the Dart myself and wonder if these 2 hole Dart versions might be some of the last production pieces that may have had to utilize AVA cores (IIRC TET may have run out of the original LV Dart cores and substituted the AVA's at the customer's request).

The AW IMR 17670 1600mah batt, I believe, is the batt of choice. I've had a lot of luck with them. Easily last the day for me.

I've used these MP's successfully with my Dart in the past. They may be small enough to provide the shorter profile you're looking for.

https://www.planetvape.ca/delrin-mouthpieces.html

Good luck.

NN

ArchVape

Princess of the Biscotti Republic
For the past 6 months I been using a 510 atomizer cleaning tool called the plunger to clean out my revolution window and the dart stems every 2-3 weeks. It has work better for me then just iso/boil/20/20/20. After using it with warm ISO a few times it will completely push out all the burnt resin oil material from airs hole out thur the ceramic plate. It his not damage my dart or revolution window stem. The dart will screw into the plunger 510 side and the other side will be attach to a syringe.
Here is a youtube vid on how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YewUMOzCJEQ
http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/miscellaneous/plunger-fitting-patent-pending/
Kit version with syringes
http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/part...510-atomizers-and-cartridges/the-plunger-kit/

remote_image_1326372480.big.jpg

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey MNIM,

First, sorry but all my 'REVS' are the 4 hole variety. I've never seen a 2 hole version of the Dart myself and wonder if these 2 hole Dart versions might be some of the last production pieces that may have had to utilize AVA cores (IIRC TET may have run out of the original LV Dart cores and substituted the AVA's at the customer's request).

The AW IMR 17670 1600mah batt, I believe, is the batt of choice. I've had a lot of luck with them. Easily last the day for me.

I've used these MP's successfully with my Dart in the past. They may be small enough to provide the shorter profile you're looking for.

https://www.planetvape.ca/delrin-mouthpieces.html

Good luck.

NN

Well thank you for the link to those mouthpieces, are they really smaller than the normal TV ones, from the picture it looks like they are about the same size. Either way im probably going to order one. I have a small metal one i just remembered about from the gentlemans brand crap i bought a while ago so i might try and find that and hope it doesnt get too hot.

As for the 2 and 4 hole, my 2 hole one has an earlier serial number than the 4 hole one. I dont know if that means anything though
For the past 6 months I been using a 510 atomizer cleaning tool called the plunger to clean out my revolution and the dart stems every 2-3 weeks. It has work better for me then just iso/boil/20/20/20. After using it with warm ISO a few times it will completely push out all the burnt resin oil material from airs hole out thur the ceramic plate. It his not damage my dart or revolution stem. The dart will screw into the plunger 510 side and the other side will be attach to a syringe.
Here is a youtube vid on how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YewUMOzCJEQ
http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/miscellaneous/plunger-fitting-patent-pending/

remote_image_1326372480.big.jpg
wow that looks awesome. Going to order one now. Does it come with the syringe or do i need to buy that seperately

Mynameismud,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
That's a Luer Lock barrel with what looks like a 510/whatever thread adapter on the other end of it. Kinda neat. I use a similar setup actually. Cut off a small piece of silicone from my MFLB whip which fits over a regular 3ml non-Luer and then the other end fits around my AVA. I need a little bigger silicone to get it around the actual body of my DART since it doesn't have the hole at the bottom like the AVA does. Works well enough that I do it all the times that I clean it.

ArchVape

My answer to low-profile stealthy vape. A Revolution stem 3.7v with a telescopic empire mechanic mod. I'm using a 18350 AW IMR in it right now. It can also use 18650, 18500, 17670 IMR. I also sandpaper the brass posts and the bottom button firing pin for better voltage drops on the load. The mods sits exactly 5" inches in height with the stem + dart loader. :p i pretty much can palm the entire thing but the stem does get hot.

Girls Love GOLD!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I just ordered the small kit; thanks for the pointer. It looks like a great idea to clean all my 510 carts.

Haywood,

earlwax

Brand new to the forum, does anyone know about V.i. Technologies? They make the V.i.P mini and PDab. Can anyone tell me about them? I see no reviews anywhere.

earlwax,

ArchVape

I just ordered the small kit; thanks for the pointer. It looks like a great idea to clean all my 510 carts.
I also have use it to clean out omicron carts. I use a 510 open post to 601 male adapter to cart. Work good to remove clogs, unburnt oil, but the burnt wick taste can't be clean. But with that plunger cleaning out D9 carts after 1gram of usage.. His made my 1.5ohz carts last thur 5-7grams before it gets that burnt taste. Save me alot of money on D9 carts. :)

OF

I use a similar setup actually. Cut off a small piece of silicone from my MFLB whip which fits over a regular 3ml non-Luer and then the other end fits around my AVA. I need a little bigger silicone to get it around the actual body of my DART since it doesn't have the hole at the bottom like the AVA does. Works well enough that I do it all the times that I clean it.

I've used this technique (silicone tube to link a syringe to a Revolution/DART for flushing but always seem to end up blowing the tube off and spraying ISO around (I cover it for safety of course). Since this gadget seems to get a solid grip on both ends and gets the liquid to the ports (past the threads) the clever inventor just got some of my money too.

Brand new to the forum, does anyone know about V.i. Technologies? They make the V.i.P mini and PDab. Can anyone tell me about them? I see no reviews anywhere.

Howdy, welcome to the fun.

I don't think we've seen that before, and I don't think this is the right forum to ask about it on (being a specific thread for Revolution (oil vape). This seems to be for herbs?

In general, there's lots of similar offerings out there, basically reworked cheap e-cig stuff usually. Owners seem generally displeased with such gear and try something else quickly.

What is it you want to do? Use oils and other concentrates as Revolution does? I'd suggest Omicron Light, a proven system for such with excellent Customer Support. If it's bud, perhaps MFLB (in the same price range). For a little more money lots of interesting, proven, vapes become possibles.

What's your pleasure?

OF

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
ArchVape---Thanks for sharing the cleaning idea!!:tup:
MNIM--- Feel the same way about my UltraMax LV and the 17670's--A true beast!

Just got 2 rebuilds back from TET, absolutely great service!! Zeki treated me 1st class the whole way thru. Kudos to everyone at Thermo Essence Technologies!!!

For those interested i found that Vip mini at Vaporstore
https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=vip-vape-pen

earlwax

I've used this technique (silicone tube to link a syringe to a Revolution/DART for flushing but always seem to end up blowing the tube off and spraying ISO around (I cover it for safety of course). Since this gadget seems to get a solid grip on both ends and gets the liquid to the ports (past the threads) the clever inventor just got some of my money too.

Howdy, welcome to the fun.

I don't think we've seen that before, and I don't think this is the right forum to ask about it on (being a specific thread for Revolution (oil vape). This seems to be for herbs?

In general, there's lots of similar offerings out there, basically reworked cheap e-cig stuff usually. Owners seem generally displeased with such gear and try something else quickly.

What is it you want to do? Use oils and other concentrates as Revolution does? I'd suggest Omicron Light, a proven system for such with excellent Customer Support. If it's bud, perhaps MFLB (in the same price range). For a little more money lots of interesting, proven, vapes become possibles.

What's your pleasure?

OF
Oils, yes. I have the V.i.P mini and the atomizer went out after about 6 months with pretty light use. I was looking at the SSV VIP E Cig. Also looked at the Atmos Raw. Anyway, I can check out more appropriate forums.

earlwax,

druminfected

Just curious is it still possible to buy a dart or just via 3rd party ( used or from a friend). Only see cera products on the TET site thanks.

OF

Just curious is it still possible to buy a dart or just via 3rd party ( used or from a friend). Only see cera products on the TET site thanks.

Sorry, Drum, TV shut them down many months back, they're probably all gone. Every once in a while someone finds the odd Revolution or DART (often as a part of a bigger kit) in some dealer's stock but I'd suggest thinking used......or better yet, Cera?

OF

druminfected

Sorry, Drum, TV shut them down many months back, they're probably all gone. Every once in a while someone finds the odd Revolution or DART (often as a part of a bigger kit) in some dealer's stock but I'd suggest thinking used......or better yet, Cera?

OF

Ok thanks OF, looks like I missed my opportunity to try it but I'm sure ill be happy enough with my cera when it arrives. I've always heard the dart was a great oil product though, as I'm sure your ole know already

druminfected,
Top Bottom