Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
I'm going to repeat my question because I think it might have been overlooked: "What do you guys think is a fair price for a brand new Revolution (stem only, no battery sleeve)?"

Deadhead101,

OF

Do you guys think a brand new DART kit is worth 110 ? I went ahead and picked it up anyway. Just wondering

Clever you!

OF - Thanks again for the tip for removing the Delrin sleeve. Worked like a champ, even used a wooden spoon! With this setup, would there be any point in looking at the Ultra body? Seems very similar but I have only seen photos of the Ultra.

You're very welcome. Yeah, I think I should have patented the wooden spoon idea part.

If you carry it in your pocket or have small hands I'd consider it. It's a fair bit smaller but the battery is like 1/3 the capacity so you're changing it a lot. In your case you'd need to send the cart in to TV for the $15 LV conversion (and get 17670s as well as another charger). For now you might want to enjoy it a while and see where you want to take it?

Once again, the Q man nailed it I think. He's lucky that way you know.

I have the Ultra-Max and it is the same identical as the Rev, minus the delrin sleeve. It was made by Apex so I have an A on the bottom but everything else is the same quality ans size. Hope that helps, if not that walking encyclopedia of all things TV will set us straight. :lol:

Exactly right (I think). I believe you two guys have twins, even if they came from different parents.....

As I understand it the Alpha Ultra came first. it was to make the SV line of e-cigs go with the same two RCR123As. Then T1. My first T1 Beta unit had 'the new' sleeve (I think the first in fact). The longer run times and heavier power demanded by T1 caused the battery tube to get hot and hard to hold onto in a heavy but quick session. When Revolution happened power levels came back into 'the e-cig range' so the sleeveless version entered the TV lineup (same as Alpha with different bottom engraving, which changed once early on as I recall).

The first sleeves were slightly bigger inside. When hot they could slip up or worse, rotate. I remember the day Tim went to change mine over. There was some trouble getting the old one off, but the new one didn't want to go the last little bit. Tim's a reasonable size guy (kind of intimidating in fact....) and he was pusing and swearing something awful. Then he got some of those traction gloves and finally got it home. Next time I was by, they had an arbor press set up, no more drama.

Haha. Wow, I guess I had a few too many stems in the PD today.:doh:

Utter drivel.

Not possible. No such thing as too many, many of us have tried......

OF

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Where is the mysterious site you guys are ordering DARTs from? I just got my two DART tips in for my spare REVs (used a cut down Omicron cart tip) and they are working great.....I haven't seen a DART for sale anywhere for a long time....

Zingbuddah,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Where is the mysterious site you guys are ordering DARTs from? I just got my two DART tips in for my spare REVs (used a cut down Omicron cart tip) and they are working great.....I haven't seen a DART for sale anywhere for a long time....

My local headshop has a T1 and a Revolution kit, maybe two of each, for sale. Could have been that. Check ebay and Amazon as well, I remember seeing some priced at $120 but I had my heart set on an Ultra, which ends up working perfectly for me.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: OF

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Thats where I grabbed my second REV (local head shop) they had a bunch of gear sitting on the shelf collecting dust because nobody wanted it...even got Jam a GonG adapter after it had sold out online.

Maybe I should do a bit of calling around....never know who's got what still in stock around here....

...or work on selling my stuff on eBay to pay for a Cera....ugh, decisions...

OF

Thats where I grabbed my second REV (local head shop) they had a bunch of gear sitting on the shelf collecting dust because nobody wanted it...even got Jam a GonG adapter after it had sold out online.

Maybe I should do a bit of calling around....never know who's got what still in stock around here....

...or work on selling my stuff on eBay to pay for a Cera....ugh, decisions...

Good call, there are likely a few out there. A couple of weeks back I was in a LHS (rare for me), lots of glass (mostly 'junk kid stuff') but one case of vapes, including a few T1s ($240 IIRC), they never heard of the later stuff had sold 'a couple' T1s.

As to the priorities thing, you might want to take care of other stuff before buying that Cera.....it seems to have an ability to change what you think is important you know?

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName

toros23

Where is the mysterious site you guys are ordering DARTs from?

A little while back breathemetal posted a link to revs in stock at a place called Smokazon but they show the windowed version. I emailed them a few days later and asked them if they had any darts and they got back to me fairly quick and said they had a few darts in stock. I ordered one with no problems and wanted to give breathemetal a chance to pick one up before spreading the word here. He just told me he is going to pass on the rev/dart, so time to put the info out there in case anyone wants/needs one. Link here.

If you are going to order from them it might be best to contact them first but they told me they had a few left and just to specify "Dart Version" in the order notes.

Ricardooayee

D4DFACC3-23F7-4828-88CD-EF1190ACAE33-1996-0000007D3E887DDF_zpsad373c6b.jpg

I just got my new DART loaders from thermovape. I plan on having them as extras for when i get my new DART in the mail and using one on my windowed REV. Now to cover the window :)

CA2309F4-DE21-47DA-A398-F0463F5F660C-1996-0000007D4D912231_zps3e0c0592.jpg

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
I just got my new DART loaders from thermovape. I plan on having them as extras for when i get my new DART in the mail and using one on my windowed REV. Now to cover the window :)

Omicron Cart Silicone Tip....cut the tip off and use that sleeve to cover the Rev window. I just retrofitted my two Revs with the DART tips and the Omicron tip sleeves. Already covered in the thread but I just went looking so save you the typing :)

Ricardooayee

Omicron Cart Silicone Tip....cut the tip off and use that sleeve to cover the Rev window. I just retrofitted my two Revs with the DART tips and the Omicron tip sleeves. Already covered in the thread but I just went looking so save you the typing :)

Thanks. I hope my LHS has them

Ricardooayee,

Ricardooayee

Thermovape has dart loaders available? I have a windowed revolution...would they work together?

Yes they will. You just have to cover the window. You can use any of the methods posted in the above posts.

On another note. I just got my new DART kit in the mail. I noticed that the ceramic in the DART shows more than in my Rev , that my DART has 4 holes at the bottom instead of 2 like my Rev, and that it's hitting way better :).

I also love how that brand new white ceramic looks.

Ricardooayee

Is there something wrong with your Revolution? Is it common that people get superior hits from the Dart compared to the Rev?

No. I just said that it's hitting better because , well its brand new, and i meant better as in a little bit bigger clouds. My Rev hits the same but the "huge clouds" start diminishing after a couple G's of budder have been ran through it , but its nothing a good cleaning can't take care of.

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Is there something wrong with your Revolution? Is it common that people get superior hits from the Dart compared to the Rev?

How exactly does the dart loader work? What is its function?

Perspective from a TV Rev owner who (until this week) had less than an hour using the device over the last four months.....I hated the Rev, I mean HATED it. The times I tried to use it with high quality shatter or wax it ended up a mess loading it from the side. I'm not a 100% FC thread reader so I didn't see where people had been retrofitting the Rev with a silicone sleeve and having luck with a DART loader...so it sat...

Then I lucked out(?) and got a LV DART from someone and it was completely clogged (still needs to go in for repair even after the heroic efforts of OF) and I was stuck with a DART tip and a very stoned mind.

You can see the post where the light flickers on for me a page back and I posed the question, then tried out the DART tip in a REV base (works fine) and started using the DART tip to deliver with the modded Omi tip with some Pineapple Express Ice Wax.....

--Insert Apollo 11 Joy--

F*&$%G beautiful...really....CLOUDS of vapor...it works as promised!

and then couldn't find the darn DART loader tips on the new site....

I hate using the term "game changer" but top loading vs side loading with the REV is no contest...side loading is a PITA and should be reserved for....well, bad people. The DART tip works just like my Happy Daddy dabber (or similar dabbing tool) to easily pick up the concentrate and deliver it right over the ceramic core...instead of trying to side load and watch it sizzle on the side and have to scrape it down.

So I harassed TV via email to put the DART loader back up (and they put up with my terse email and promptly hooked it up!) Then picked up two for my REVs and both have seen heavy use since then.

As far as a comparison of the DART base and the REV base, you gain a fraction more surface area on the DART base (someone jump in with a pic of both bases?) but so far the slanted side of the REV shows more promise as it tends to guide the concentrate whereas the DART base is like a griddle.

Given the availability now of DART bases, best bet is buying a REV cart or full kit, sleeve and DART tip from the TV website....and I am a broken record with that statement but I'm pretty happy with my purchases thus far from TV.

I'll be sending my LV DART base off to be fixed/rewound soon...question is since I don't have a LV base, should I just get it wound to regular voltage? Leaning to the higher choice as both the REV bases work awesome...but perhaps the choice is a better option? Decisions decisions...

Short version: Buy a REV now and get a DART tip, it rocks

Ricardooayee

The DART tip works just like my Happy Daddy dabber (or similar dabbing tool) to easily pick up the concentrate and deliver it right over the ceramic core...instead of trying to side load and watch it sizzle on the side and have to scrape it down.

Short version: Buy a REV now and get a DART tip, it rocks

I have to agree that I like a top loader so much more. I never even used the window in the REV, to load it I always just took off the top piece.

Here's the comparison pics Zingbuddah was talking about.

Dart core.
A6B331DB-FBE5-4CE0-9FDC-D3F52BF54B2A-1018-0000002FB4B6CB4B_zps0f11cb59.jpg

Rev core. (Not my picture. Took from earlier in the thread. )
6350C21A-D26D-4FC8-B9C9-2F502A86E334-3320-000000C35A9A6E9C_zps8a6e4330.jpg

Top Bottom