Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

glenda

underground artist and musician
Can't say I agree, they've been dropping hints for awhile about the new stuff...
well I never heard them across the ocean and they never once mentioned it during emails or the 3 phone calls I had with them when seeking info on best unit for my purposes, if I had, as I said would have waited e.g as I have for several months for the new improved iPod... who with any sense and knowledge to hand would pay full whack for a model that will be superseded weeks later ... not me if I had known ;0)

glenda,

OF

well I never heard them across the ocean and they never once mentioned it during emails or the 3 phone calls I had with them when seeking info on best unit for my purposes, if I had, as I said would have waited e.g as I have for several months for the new improved iPod... who with any sense and knowledge to hand would pay full whack for a model that will be superseded weeks later ... not me if I had known ;0)

I'm sorry you're upset, but I can not agree with you. I think everyone along the line was honest with you, trying to find the best available solution to your needs. Since the 'new stuff' isn't here it's never been tested for what you want to do. Not only was it 'vaporware' when you ordered, it still is. It could either not work well (small chance IMO) or not do what you want (larger chance) and by the time you found that out you'd be SOL since as you've discovered what you got is no longer available.

If it does turn out that the new design works and performs better in your use the bulk of what you have will work just fine with 'the new stuff'. All you'll have to do is buy the new improved cartridge, the rest of the kit we are told will work with it. When it becomes available (and has proven itself to work better).

No, the leaks the trap is designed for have to do with thin liquid concentrates (or seriously overloaded ones), not stuff like kief and bubble hashes. The advice to keep the powder from settling onto the heater and burning still stands, the liquid trap is 'too late' to help.

OF

Krazzykid

Exactly like OF just said everything will work with the kit you currently have. IMO an insulated adapter is not going to improve your vapor at all. You need to work on your technique to improve vapor production.

Every company is constantly working to improve their merchandise. If they didn't they would be a shit company. Car companies have a new version of their models every year, your Ipod comes out with changes nearly every year on the dot. They can't tell you about the changes too early or someone will just steal their ideas and hard work. TV has been dropping hints for quite a while though so if you had followed you would have known they were coming.

As far as enjoying your pollen and vapor, I have already given you an easy way to just turn it into oil so you can use it in the rev the way it was designed to do. Everyone has said from the get go that pollen is a very difficult substance to vape. It can be done but not very easy and not without practice and knowledge. None of the models were designed specifically for pollen so obviously it is going to be hard to use in all of them.
My advice is still the same. Turn that pollen into oil so it will be easier to vape, and it will be far more potent at the same time. You don't need any fancy equipment or to spend really any money. All you really need is a jar, some isopropyl alcohol or high proof drinking alcohol, a filter (coffee filters work great), and a pyrex dish or plate for evaporation.

OF

My advice is still the same. Turn that pollen into oil so it will be easier to vape, and it will be far more potent at the same time. You don't need any fancy equipment or to spend really any money. All you really need is a jar, some isopropyl alcohol or high proof drinking alcohol, a filter (coffee filters work great), and a pyrex dish or plate for evaporation.

I'd like to second KK's suggestion. I understand a guy's wanting to stay clear of home chemistry projects and all, but this one might be worth considering. Mind I've never done it, but am confident that removing the plant material from the pollen would make it into top notch concentrate something like Revolution would excel with. IIRC there's commonly available in the UK "methylated spirits"? That would work very well being very high proof and completely evaporating away before use to eliminate any health concerns. The process is rock simple as I understand, shake the pollen and alcohol up in a jar for a minute or so, filter it through the filter into a flat dish you let evaporate dry. Use a dish with a smooth bottom so you can scrape the goods up with a razor blade as it hardens up.

I'd think efficiency would go up, perhaps a fair bit. I'd also experiment with a second rinse. Add more alcohol and shake again and then use the thin extraction to flush the filter free of what it may have retained.

Once so concentrated the big efficiency potential comes from 'not wasting' the modest vapor produced before and after the extraction you're now using. Also I think some useful THC remains done 'the regular way' when it gets too low in production we abandon what's left. With further concentration that doesn't happen.

OF

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
I am thrilled to hear about new products from TET! Although I've only been on the bandwagon for a solid month now, I am always ready to hear more from such a great company.

I had my first rev cart fail and it has been cleaned and sent in for repair, and I have seen a single 3.0v battery fail out.

I erroneously thought the second rev cart died an early death like the first, but I remembered a few people mention here that if a battery always indicates "green" in the charger it is generally the culprit of failed operation. Threw that bunk cell out and have had no "surprises" thus far.

I am also proud to say it has been five weeks of a combustion free lifestyle thanks to the AVA. I could have gotten on the e-cig train a while ago but it just feels right at this point to say "TET saved my life"
:love:

T1 + Rev + AVA - two holsters, 8 cr123a - wax container / vg dropper - all packed up in a Otterbox 3K. It works pretty well, fits in my disc golf bag and car door, is easy to carry around but is relatively bulky given the small contents. I looked over the thread here and paid close attention to all the soft bags you guys were mentioning and although they were all too bulky for my taste the hard box leaves something to be desired as well. I am still in search of a more ideal solution but for now it is sufficient.

I experimented with making a little holder out of 3/8" material drilled on end so I could keep the carts together instead of in separate tubes, but I need to make a sliding dovetailed top for it to be effective. It doesn't look professional and the "caps" from the standard tubes are prone to dislodging when I take it in and out of my small jeans pocket, but it is convenient to have them paired "together" instead of in separate containers.

I may still work towards this as I find it best upon arrival in a desired public usage scenario to load fresh batteries and put the T1 unit in my large pocket, then place each individually topped-off tube into their own holders which go into my small pocket. I don't like to keep a cart screwed onto the unit in my pocket as it seems like it would generate unnecessary stress forces on the threading connection and I have seen the mouth tips get wedged loose due to the friction fit in this scenario.

All things considered it really amazes me that these minor inconveniences are the only issues remaining after incorporating this product into my lifestyle, day in and day out. Onward and upward, to the moon with TET!
:smug:

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
also as you can understand annoyed I was not informed a newer better version on way, had Rev 2 months and Evo one month, they must have known, feels like been used to buy old stock to fund new :0(

glenda,

Im sorry you feel that way, by no means was that our intent.

We are always driving forward to develop new devices even during the sale and production of any existing products. Nothing we sell is old, its all current and has its unique differences compared to anything else we sold or will sell in the future.

The Evolution is still my current "go to" device for all sifted concentrates from solid to granular to powdery. With some technique practice it will perform very well, but it takes some practice.

As some others have suggested it may be very beneficial to use some alcohol to turn it into a liquid concentrate so that you can use it in your Rev. That will take a lot of the technique out of it and you will have an easier time vaping it.

Cheers,
Tim

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Cheerful Dub, I'm only on for a week and I'm loving it. Drop of some nice oil into the Ultra and I was LIT. I got a lot out of such little, and got a spicy taste. Granted I didn't do a full clean of the AVA last night but still, I'm quite impressed.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
from their website, sorry i didn't change font

ThermoVape

Our Store Will Reopen on November 1, 3:00PM PST

The ThermoVape Team

it also says please log in at the top of the tab?

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: Darb

mephisto

Looks like 6 our time, for us east coast fiends. Just wanted to help with the math and help ease the wait.....

mephisto,

mephisto

Damn, I blame all of you for this....I used to just jones for new glass. Now I
kicked the glass habit, and traded up to raging VAS. I thought it was under
control, yet here I sit marking the minutes til the unveiling. I have one of the
original darts and a kickass AVA LR that are still performing great. I sold the
T1 base due to issues with actuating the switch effectively. The support from
the brain trust (you know who you are) has kept me watching these forums
obsessively.

slide1_image.jpg

The heating core has been completely redesigned to offer increased performance, even better flavor, and truly amazing battery life. the Cera battery life is improved 500% over our previous model. Comprised of a stabilized structural ceramic that is as clean as glass, as strong as steel, and nearly as hard as a diamond. The completely ceramic vaporizer represents a huge technological achievement and incredible vapor production and flavor never before realized in a portable vaporizer.

Website doesn't have many details at the moment. Just the above picture, lots of fluff, and it mentions a redesigned core. I'm patient -- sure we'll hear about the date, price, and specs soon enough.

peacefulenemy,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i keep reading all ceramic vapor path. does that mean that the entire white part we are lookin' at is all ceramic?

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

marduk

daydreamer
Cera essential oil version says "Liberate your oils with convection vaporization." Rev was mostly conduction with some convection... huge change if it really is mostly convection now. Hmmm...

marduk,

OF

i keep reading all ceramic vapor path. does that mean that the entire white part we are lookin' at is all ceramic?

No, Bob, I don't think so. I believe the body is Delrin, the ceramic is inside. As I read it, the air path is all ceramic with the heater somehow 'built into' that.

A ceramic outer body would be impractical from a lot of reasons, not to mention cost. The own those 3 neat state of the art screw machines, IMO it's a cinch the new design draws heavily there. Delrin supports that, ceramic doesn't.

Soon we will all know for sure. Once the units get out, so do the facts.

Exciting times. Anyone else but me curious about the mention of "Revolution" in the text on the concentrate version???

OF

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Anyone else but me curious about the mention of "Revolution" in the text on the concentrate version???

OF
I thought it was a (cut and paste) typo, where they forgot to replace "Revolution" with "Cera". Maybe it's not?...

A ceramic outer body would be impractical from a lot of reasons, not to mention cost. The own those 3 neat state of the art screw machines, IMO it's a cinch the new design draws heavily there. Delrin supports that, ceramic doesn't.
OF

Jam asked Tim about heat transfer in the Cera thread:
does it get hot in the hand the way the T1 does?
To which Tim replied:
Nope :) other than the switch's the exterior is all ceramic which insulates the heat, this keeps more of the heat in the chamber and improves efficiency.

Top Bottom