Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

OF

I figured we wouldn't have any problems with repairs, my top ceramic piece fell out while cleaning. I will be contacting TET as well, and I can't wait to see the New gear from them!

Cool, sorry you had a problem, but I understand you're wanting to get it back on the air ASAP.

FWIW it's my understanding they reserved a supply of parts for their service needs. But they clearly intend to not only remain but move forward and are not about to abandon past customers for any preventable reason. To know the Principals in the company is to understand they're not in it for the money, 'cut and run' is not in the business plan at any level I'm sure.

Not sure who "TET" is, perhaps TV? Whatever, I too am looking forward to the new gear, it must be pretty cool.....they're shutting down production of a very good product that's selling well. That takes confidence and commitment and lots of it.

Good luck with the rebuild.

OF

jpdnkstr

Cool, sorry you had a problem, but I understand you're wanting to get it back on the air ASAP.

FWIW it's my understanding they reserved a supply of parts for their service needs. But they clearly intend to not only remain but move forward and are not about to abandon past customers for any preventable reason. To know the Principals in the company is to understand they're not in it for the money, 'cut and run' is not in the business plan at any level I'm sure.

Not sure who "TET" is, perhaps TV? Whatever, I too am looking forward to the new gear, it must be pretty cool.....they're shutting down production of a very good product that's selling well. That takes confidence and commitment and lots of it.

Good luck with the rebuild.

OF
I know the principles behind the company (great BTW!) and have a few spare Dart cores, so I should survive the rebuild! TET is Thermo Essence Technology, I can't believe you didn't get that one OF!

jpdnkstr,
Reactions: OF

OF

I know the principles behind the company (great BTW!) and have a few spare Dart cores, so I should survive the rebuild! TET is Thermo Essence Technology, I can't believe you didn't get that one OF!

Yeah, that too. I said "Principals", upper case, ending in 'pal'. We're talking the 'owners' here. Their principles are good too. Sorry for not being clearer.

Thanks for the word on TET, I guess they're still 'the TV' guys to me. I'm having enough trouble changing from THC to D9......

Good to hear you've got backup vape options. Smart move, IMO.

Any updates on the second generation Thermovape products?

Nope.

OF

StickyShisha2

Thanks for the word on TET, I guess they're still 'the TV' guys to me. I'm having enough trouble changing from THC to D9......

OF

after hearing shit in my house for an item on our CC with THC in the name, i had to hear more when ThermoVape.com showed up. I'm hoping the name changes help keep things quiet on the home front.

Totte

Does this vape work with brick hash? hard and a little bit soft?? I am looking for a portable unit and this looks like its it but does it only work with BHO vax etc or regular hash also?

Totte,

OF

Does this vape work with brick hash? hard and a little bit soft?? I am looking for a portable unit and this looks like its it but does it only work with BHO vax etc or regular hash also?

No it will work on solid hash. In some cases (those with lots of plant matter?) you have to stir it to keep getting solid hits, but IMO it does a great job. The only other vape I own that does as well is the HA and it doesn't travel all that well......

OF

OF,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hey folks. Have been trying out a new "knuckle" type drip tip with the DART and not having bad results. Reason I thought I'd try this with the DART is because I found myself moving the angle of the unit around as the concentrates moved. Basically, keeping it towards the center of the unit. With the knuckle you can track where you left off as well as not having the tip in your mouth on too much angle. It's fairly long as well which IMO is a good thing.

DARTMod1.jpg

I picked it up on my last MadVapes order. Knuckle Tip

Couple other changes I made are the use of a voltmeter. I found with this unit that knowing what the power is doing is critical. So easy to suck your brains out to find the batteries have died.
I generally found the performance drops off too much around 5.75 volts.
Next, dam thing gets too hot after a few minutes. The addition of an extender helps a lot and I bored out an old ego atomizer to use as a drip shield. In this case a heat shield. The small piece of medical tubing is there just to keep it from moving around.

DARTMod3.jpg

DARTMod4.jpg

Pipes

Hey folks. Have been trying out a new "knuckle" type drip tip with the DART and not having bad results. Reason I thought I'd try this with the DART is because I found myself moving the angle of the unit around as the concentrates moved. Basically, keeping it towards the center of the unit. With the knuckle you can track where you left off as well as not having the tip in your mouth on too much angle. It's fairly long as well which IMO is a good thing.

DARTMod1.jpg

I picked it up on my last MadVapes order. Knuckle Tip

Couple other changes I made are the use of a voltmeter. I found with this unit that knowing what the power is doing is critical. So easy to suck your brains out to find the batteries have died.
I generally found the performance drops off too much around 5.75 volts.
Next, dam thing gets too hot after a few minutes. The addition of an extender helps a lot and I bored out an old ego atomizer to use as a drip shield. In this case a heat shield. The small piece of medical tubing is there just to keep it from moving around.

DARTMod3.jpg

DARTMod4.jpg

Pipes

You never cease to amaze, Pipes.

:bowdown:

glenda

underground artist and musician
Close, there are two pieces, the disk you can see and a ring around the heater just under it. Both are the same porous ceramic both serving as reservoirs provided the goods will melt as you point out. Pollen, keif and to some extent bubble and other hashes need to depend on conduction heating from actual contact so are slow and need to be constantly stirred.

The OP in this adventure is in the UK, no oils but has pollen available. The current goal is to use Evolution to do convection vaping, but it seems like it may be all going up in a quick flash (I'd think do to the fine texture and low mass?).

I was trying to draw on my frustrating experience with Revolution but the best I can come up with is the THC is getting out in 'one hit'. Well most of it anyway?

OF

Further experiments with Evolution....

no small amounts of pollen, I grate it fine and then fill most of tube up but it does drop down once heated... this gives best hits so far but you do get through batteries, 4-6 and the unit gets to point of too hot to handle so small breaks to keep temperature down. Only downside is power consumption for what you get, with iOlite up to 2hrs

Nothing has burnt or blackened yet but you do have to open it up and jig the pollen as can stick in one big mass when hot. Not as 'high' as on 240v Da Buddha but not bad and does the job

glenda,

glenda

Further experiments with Evolution....

no small amounts of pollen, I grate it fine and then fill most of tube up but it does drop down once heated... this gives best hits so far but you do get through batteries, 4-6 and the unit gets to point of too hot to handle so small breaks to keep temperature down. Only downside is power consumption for what you get, with iOlite up to 2hrs

Nothing has burnt or blackened yet but you do have to open it up and jig the pollen as can stick in one big mass when hot. Not as 'high' as on 240v Da Buddha but not bad and does the job

noticed a lot less plastic sheilding on mine compared to units pictured on site...mine was converted from Revolution base

33jl7h1.jpg

glenda,

OF

this gives best hits so far but you do get through batteries, 4-6 and the unit gets to point of too hot to handle so small breaks to keep temperature down. Only downside is power consumption for what you get, with iOlite up to 2hrs

noticed a lot less plastic sheilding on mine compared to units pictured on site...mine was converted from Revolution base

Glad to here you're sorting it out. You're blazing a new trail AFAIK, for whatever reason, pollen is largely a non starter here vapewise. It takes a lot of power to get the mass hot enough on demand, and convection isn't the best (most efficient) way to get there. But I think the system is useful.

I also think you might try changing batteries every few hits. I find it not only keeps the power up longer but pulling the warm batteries out and replacing with cold keeps the total temperature down allowing a few more hits when the mood takes you there.

I also use the non insulated adapter for mine, I think it helps get rid of heat. Insulation might make it more comfortable, but it won't improve performance.

Thanks for the update.

OF

OF,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog

33jl7h1.jpg

There are two adapters for mating a T1 size power supply to a 501 thread heater. The one you show in the picture above, and what TV calls their insulated adapter. Both serve exactly the same function. The one you have is designed with a built in internal "well" which serves to help prevent excessive concentrate you've loaded into the core from getting through the air holes in the bottom and into the switch. It doesn't come with an insulator (as you know) because the concentrate cores (Revo/DART/AVA) don't typically get nearly as hot as the Evo herb core. The insulated adapter (which you don't have) doesn't have any built in "well" because it isn't needed when herb is being vaped in the Evo core. Since the Evo core can get REALLY hot, TV made a separate insulated adapter just for the Evo.

Here's what it looks like:

dsc_0050_2_1024x1024.jpg

Here's what the two TV "conversion" kits look like, yours first:

DSC_0407_copy_2_1024x1024.jpg
DSC_0027_1024x1024.jpg

As OF has mentioned, there is really little (if any) difference between using one versus the other. And if you really really want the insulated adapter, TV sells them for $40.

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Just wanted to give a quick report on traveling with my Thermovape. I threw the T1 with the RES E-cig attachment in my carry on without any batteries in it and then had the batteries in a battery case in the same carry on. THEN I put a pre-loaded DART in my checked luggage. No hassle from the TSA at all on the way out and on the way home. It was a great traveling companion to be sure! Cheers everyone! It made my trip much better with my trusty companion by my side!

:ninja: :peace:

glenda

There are two adapters for mating a T1 size power supply to a 501 thread heater. The one you show in the picture above, and what TV calls their insulated adapter. Both serve exactly the same function. The one you have is designed with a built in internal "well" which serves to help prevent excessive concentrate you've loaded into the core from getting through the air holes in the bottom and into the switch. It doesn't come with an insulator (as you know) because the concentrate cores (Revo/DART/AVA) don't typically get nearly as hot as the Evo herb core. The insulated adapter (which you don't have) doesn't have any built in "well" because it isn't needed when herb is being vaped in the Evo core. Since the Evo core can get REALLY hot, TV made a separate insulated adapter just for the Evo.

dsc_0050_2_1024x1024.jpg

DSC_0027_1024x1024.jpg

As OF has mentioned, there is really little (if any) difference between using one versus the other. And if you really really want the insulated adapter, TV sells them for $40.

dsc_0050_2_1024x1024.jpg

DSC_0027_1024x1024.jpg

thanks for your input dude...appreciate but after contact with TV regarding this I'm rather annoyed, let me quote my post on their Facebook page...

"Feel totally gutted... less than two months after importing my new thermovape and after lengthy discussion on the phone and by email with the TV team making sure I got the model I needed for the substance I use I'm informed by one of the team that the new version will be much improved and be far better and more efficient. So I'm left with an evolution that struggles to do what my retired iOlite could do effectively, efficiently and with ease! I invested in TV because I wanted the durability and build the iOlite does not offer, you drop them they break.

why was I not told to hang on instead of ending up with something that's not up to the job required because its the old less efficient version!

come on guys without our investment in your company and products in your early development you would not be able to grow."

as you can imagine bit annoyed because I could have hung on and invested a rather hefty £170 hard earned cash in unit I need. I invested that much money in TV because I buy things that last years as I'm not well off being a musician... I was not impressed with the plastic easily breakable when dropped iOlite but what it did have over TV was the ease and ability to deal with my pollen something as this thread has shown has been a hard learning curve but still not with results I got from iOlite. I have old stock instead of a short wait for something I'm informed will be far better!

gutted is not the word

glenda,

glenda

dsc_0050_2_1024x1024.jpg

DSC_0027_1024x1024.jpg

a secondary reply to this. are you saying that the holes allow concentrate, in my case pollen dust to pass through holes causing no problem to heating unit? reason I ask is OF and others advised on here to use a small piece of vapor pad to sit on holes so pollen could sit on top and not get through holes. this means 2mm of wire mesh pad between heater and pollen does this reduce convection efficiency?

cheers

glenda,

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
I usually sandwich my pollen between bud when using the Evo, works really well actually. If I only had loads of pollen I would try to make it into an oil...which would work well with the Rev (product being discussed in this thread)

BTW, lots more Evo discussion on the Evo thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermovape-evolution.5685/

...and...
PSYCHED to see what TV has in store!

Dangus,

glenda

I usually sandwich my pollen between bud when using the Evo, works really well actually. If I only had loads of pollen I would try to make it into an oil...which would work well with the Rev (product being discussed in this thread)

BTW, lots more Evo discussion on the Evo thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermovape-evolution.5685/

...and...
PSYCHED to see what TV has in store!
cheers. I don't smoke bud just don't like hit... hence pollen ;0)

glenda,

glenda

cheers. I don't smoke bud just don't like hit... hence pollen ;0)
also as you can understand annoyed I was not informed a newer better version on way, had Rev 2 months and Evo one month, they must have known, feels like been used to buy old stock to fund new :0(

glenda,

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Can't say I agree, they've been dropping hints for awhile about the new stuff...

Dangus,
Top Bottom