Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

jambandphan03

in flavor country
round 3 with the 6v, started with the same 1/2 load, 10 sec warm up, 5 sec hit. Noticed it did not heat up as quick or as much as fresh charge, very wispy first hit. Proceeded with the 5 sec. warm up between hits, and still getting wispy vapor. 5 hits in a row. Batteries are not powering nearly as much (sorry no way to read voltage yet) Rather than drain them down completely, I will conclude this part of the testing by saying I got about 20 good hits from one set of 3.0 lifepo4 @ 6v before power started dropping. I am sure this count will vary from person to person, but gives a good point of reference for those wondering. Next up: 3.7v...

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

darkrom

Great Scott!
round 3 with the 6v, started with the same 1/2 load, 10 sec warm up, 5 sec hit. Noticed it did not heat up as quick or as much as fresh charge, very wispy first hit. Proceeded with the 5 sec. warm up between hits, and still getting wispy vapor. 5 hits in a row. Batteries are not powering nearly as much (sorry no way to read voltage yet) Rather than drain them down completely, I will conclude this part of the testing by saying I got about 20 good hits from one set of 3.0 lifepo4 @ 6v before power started dropping. I am sure this count will vary from person to person, but gives a good point of reference for those wondering. Next up: 3.7v...

Doing a deed for the people :bowdown:

darkrom,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
question: can static build up ruin a battery charger?? I went to put a battery on my new Xtar and it suddenly turned off, just like the Utrafire one did and won't power back up. :( that makes 2 in a row. All I did was touch it, and I got a tiny zap like you would with any static reaction. I don't know what else could be happening. Luckily my replacement ultrafire charger from TV showed up today. I am going to be sure to touch some metal before getting near this charger... I also moved it to a dedicated outlet, rather than run it through a strip plug, which I was doing with the other 2 that died suddenly.

i got a bit distracted by all this, so I will restart the 3.7v test when I am more focused again... :/

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

mlo4sho

The Evolution's strait through design is so efficient that's how we were able to lower the wattage to nearly the exact wattage needed to get full vaporization. Its very hard to get one to combust unless you try VERY hard.

The Evolution has become the daily go-to device for some of us around here, defiantly helps us conserve.

Cheers,

Tim

You couldn't be more correct, Tim! It's kind of amazing when a portable almost fully replaces a whip vape. I find myself using my Evo 90-95% of the time now and have already noticed I'm conserving more while maintaining a similar effect. All-in-all, I'm loving my new vape. Now I just need some extra batteries. :)

2clicker

Observer
2clicker, I don't know if this helps, but I probably could have had 2 kits for the amount of money I spent trying to find less expensive alternatives, which ended up not really working so well. Sometimes you do get what you pay for. I didn't really understand the difference until I broke down and purchased the EvoLV kit, and got my hands on the TV battery. I have been extremely skeptical about most of these e cig style vapes, and took the plunge on a couple that were not up to par. I can say with confidence that the TV unit has the most quality and works well compared to any other I have tried so far. At worse case, if you find it doesn't meet your needs, there is the classifieds...

thanks for the insight. i was never against purchasing a TV unit, but since i had two different devices already i opted against it. now one of them is dead and the other is having issues with my LV Evo. works great for my 6V Dart, but the Evo is hit or miss.

but now i cant really use my Evo so im back to needing a device to push it. so then it came down to which device is the best match for an Evo. after much research and much thought i think ill go with the LV Dart standalone kit with discount. then see what happens with their new stuff and any other mods that may be ideal. im still very interested in the sabor.

2clicker,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I like the sabor, but can feel the electricity in my thumb when I make contact to activate it...

jambandphan03,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Everyone,

Were gearing up to do our first video-cast!

Were going to go over the DART and the EVO so hopefully many of your questions will be answered.

Cheers,

Tim

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Good point, but that usually doesn't work....maybe easier to wait?

http://www.electronic-cigz.com/510tom6ad.html
http://www.crystaleliquid.com/xcart/product.php?productid=309&cat=27&page=1

Both claim stock as of today. Be sure to order the correct version.

OF
I think that these guys are one and the same. No one does these any more in the UK, that I can find anyway. The first site above didn't even offer shipping outside US/Canada and showed out of stock anyway, whilst the second (crystal eliquid) only offered international priority service for $15, which seemed a bit steep for such a small order of one or two adaptors which doesn't really validate tracking/insurance, so I enquired if they would be so kind as to put it into a first class envelope which should be around $3 (they wouldn't budge :| on $15 Priority). I also pointed out to them that it had been difficult and somewhat perplexing to even submit this query to them, as the form page demanded a location but wouldn't accept anything without an accompanying state. It was only after some persistence (and pretending to be American :ninja:) that I finally got the form to submit. I thought that they might care that this might be preventing some of their potential customer base from getting in contact, but it appears not. Instead it was suggested that I just go and try to purchase from electronic-cigz if I continued to have troubles ordering through the crystal eliquid store (my point was about raising a query, rather than making the purchase- they wouldn't be able to give their customers this advice if they weren't as ninja as me at getting through restrictive web forms).

Anyway, I can only really conclude that they are perhaps operated by the same guys. And that therfore maybe they sell the exact same adaptor. In which case the fact that it's a dollar (25%) cheaper in one store versus the other might matter to some. Although, I didn't look to see how domestic shipping compares. On which note, if there's anyone intending on getting an order of these in who's feeling sufficiently altruistic to forward me one or two via international post if I paypal across sufficient funds, then drop me a PM. :)

WatTyler,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well I am finding that the 6v is a tad more of an instant gratification over the 3.7 as far as heat up time and size of vapor hits goes. My 3.7 requires about 12-15 seconds of initial heat up then about 7-8 seconds to get it back to hot between hits in a session. The 6v is about 10 sec initial heat up, and about 5 seconds to get back to temp in a session. Battery life seems to be close on both units. I am getting about 2 loads per battery charge, close to 20 hits give or take a few depending on how closely I am paying attention to heat times. Luckily the battery chamber does get pretty warm so if you start to space out how long you are holding the button, the heat building up in your hand will remind you... I'll keep working with the two switching back and forth when a bowl is cashed, just to see if I notice any other major differences.

From the first page of this thread, I'll say this is spot on. The 3.7 having a slower warm up gives a slightly more flavorful hit, but takes a bit longer to get the same punch you get from the 6v once it gets going.

TV said:
Both the Evolution - LV and the Evolution run at 20 Watts, compared to the T1's 30 Watts. Of course the Evolution running at 6V is "punchier" and slightly harder hitting (due largely to the faster ramp time) when compared to the Evolution - LV.

The Evolution - LV delivers for sure, and has battery life to spare. It just need a extra 5 seconds in the warm up phase to get to where it needs to be.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

jambandphan03,

OF

Anyway, I can only really conclude that they are perhaps operated by the same guys. And that therfore maybe they sell the exact same adaptor. In which case the fact that it's a dollar (25%) cheaper in one store versus the other might matter to some. Although, I didn't look to see how domestic shipping compares. On which note, if there's anyone intending on getting an order of these in who's feeling sufficiently altruistic to forward me one or two via international post if I paypal across sufficient funds, then drop me a PM. :)

Anything's possible, of course, but there are some difference past the 'feel' of it all. One specifies "Stainless Steel" as a color (?), I have a unit from the other guys right now, it's Chrome Brass not SS. Also one site has 4 models, the other 5. You'd think if it was two faces of the same guy, he'd at least say the same things?

The two contacts I had with the vendors a couple days ago could not have been more different. One was a clearly Anglo chap with strong literate skills and a text based response system, the other more ethnic by far, with a very 'computerish' format, mixed fonts that sort of stuff. If he's trying to put up two false faces, he's got me fooled at this point.

I hope to have a few from each vendor next week (one claims shipment today, the other promises later this week). If nothing else, the postmarks should tell the tale?

Will advise.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm guessing nobody has any input about the chargers dying, twice in a row?? I'm pretty sure it was static build up that did it. :/

**Thank Tdub

jambandphan03,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Anything's possible, of course, but there are some difference past the 'feel' of it all. One specifies "Stainless Steel" as a color (?), I have a unit from the other guys right now, it's Chrome Brass not SS. Also one site has 4 models, the other 5. You'd think if it was two faces of the same guy, he'd at least say the same things?

The two contacts I had with the vendors a couple days ago could not have been more different. One was a clearly Anglo chap with strong literate skills and a text based response system, the other more ethnic by far, with a very 'computerish' format, mixed fonts that sort of stuff. If he's trying to put up two false faces, he's got me fooled at this point.

I hope to have a few from each vendor next week (one claims shipment today, the other promises later this week). If nothing else, the postmarks should tell the tale?

Will advise.

OF
they sell the same liquid and adapters, but in the e-cig world that doesn't mean toooo much. they at the minimum are probably getting stuff from a similar supplier. only by comparing adapters from each co purchased at the exact same time will you get closer to solving this problem. or since OF seems to talk to them both he could ask ;)

Bob Loblaw,

Tuck

I spent most of my day reading this thread and I'm about ready to order one. I had some questions. Would you be comfortable taking this to the beach? If you took this to a festival or concert, do you have to sneak it in or can you just say its an e-cig? If combined with an edible, will one "bowl" last a while? If not, will changing out bowls be a pain in the ass? Will I be okay leaving a battery charging overnight? Lastly, how do I know if a battery vendor is reputable, if I've never really used this style vaporizer?

My only experience is with an SSV and an MFLB. I love my SSV. The MFLB is pretty harsh for me and I'm hoping to replace it with this.

Tuck,

2clicker

Observer
I spent most of my day reading this thread and I'm about ready to order one. I had some questions. Would you be comfortable taking this to the beach? If you took this to a festival or concert, do you have to sneak it in or can you just say its an e-cig? If combined with an edible, will one "bowl" last a while? If not, will changing out bowls be a pain in the ass? Will I be okay leaving a battery charging overnight? Lastly, how do I know if a battery vendor is reputable, if I've never really used this style vaporizer?

My only experience is with an SSV and an MFLB. I love my SSV. The MFLB is pretty harsh for me and I'm hoping to replace it with this.

the battery unit itself looks like any ol mod... errr rather any ol really nice looking mod. however the Evo itself doesnt look like any ecig product ive ever seen. out in the open say at the beach may or may not be an issue, but overall its pretty small and you could probably use it without people really even seeing it. festival or concert your likely better off, but if you get searched and they find it im not sure "its an ecig" is going to work. then again it very well may. or maybe "its an inhaler"...?

honestly tho i cant say that i ever really see people with ecig mods. so even if it were just an ecig it is still going to get attention IMO.

oh and do not charge the batts while you sleep. best to be able to keep an eye on them, or at least check on them once in a while... which reminds me.......

2clicker,

Dj Bass

K! Gonna try to answer questions, as I also use SSV as my daily driver, love edibles, and find the MFLB nice, but kinda a pain in my ass.

On a beach, A-OK as far as durability goes you're set with the stock handle because it's A-bomb proof, and the thing doesn't look like anything, and produces very little if any smell or noticeable cloud if used discreetly (lees heat up time, more hits, more flavor, faster battery rundown to highness/ratio).

If someone sees this thing and investigates, they are probly gonna take the cap off, and then discover that its filled with whatever its filled with, if you let them find it.... The actual working part of this thing, the cartridge, is like, the smallest thing, like, keep it in your dreads small, and you can carry the handle no prob, nothin' illegal about batteries at a concert...

I would say the quality of what you load it with is the main determiner of whether or not it'll "last a while" with a little cold water extract in there, along with some high quality flowers, this device along with SSV leftover milkshake (silver surfer ABV with peanut butter in a smoothie) has put me to sleep early on the couch. I like vaping with edibles.

Lighthound.com is a badass battery vendor based in Texas. He does good business, always sends a little LED with your purchase. Only sells high quality to a market of mostly conisuers.

Buy a good charger. Like a 4 slot independent charging one with good circuitry, because you will want your batts charged, and you will want lots of them.

Dj Bass,

darkrom

Great Scott!
OF I've got an experiment you can help me test out here. I dropped the black tip/mouthpiece part of the smooth flow on the floor and in a greasy seat rail in my car today. I had just packed the T1 and moistened the metal part of the smooth flow, so I figured I'd give it a go anyway. Idk if it was just the lighting in my garage or what, but I swear it was easier to control the T1 than ever before. Not only that but I didn't notice the difference between using the mouthpiece and using it directly on the metal. I guess that means the smooth flow is doing its job if such a small path is not any more irritating. Next experiment will be using the extended mouthpiece with the smooth flow just for kicks.

Basically I'm just curious if you feel "more control/ease of use" without a mouthpiece using just the smooth flow metal part. As an added bonus it might fit in whatever case you have again with the filter.

darkrom,

OF

OF I've got an experiment you can help me test out here. I dropped the black tip/mouthpiece part of the smooth flow on the floor and in a greasy seat rail in my car today. I had just packed the T1 and moistened the metal part of the smooth flow, so I figured I'd give it a go anyway. Idk if it was just the lighting in my garage or what, but I swear it was easier to control the T1 than ever before. Not only that but I didn't notice the difference between using the mouthpiece and using it directly on the metal. I guess that means the smooth flow is doing its job if such a small path is not any more irritating. Next experiment will be using the extended mouthpiece with the smooth flow just for kicks.

Basically I'm just curious if you feel "more control/ease of use" without a mouthpiece using just the smooth flow metal part. As an added bonus it might fit in whatever case you have again with the filter.

Boy, you got me there. I never thought of trying. But I will. It'll take me a little while as my T1 is in pieces now getting ready to test out a new core I pick up tomorrow. Sounds like dual testing is in the future for me....

Interesting idea. You're saying it's the restriction in the base along with the wet ring that's really doing the good work?

OF

darkrom

Great Scott!
I am not even positive that it is really hitting any better, but that one bowl in the partially dark garage sure felt that way as far as cloud production at least. It felt like having a shorter path I was able to really dial in the pull or something. Could all be in my head but I'll try it again soon. The wet ring is probably why I can tolerate the short path. I ordered the extended mouthpiece long ago because the short one would irritate me. The smooth flow isn't much longer, but the moisture makes it feel much less irritating to me. I definitely like my smooth flow with the T1.

darkrom,
Reactions: t-dub

OF

I am not even positive that it is really hitting any better, but that one bowl in the partially dark garage sure felt that way as far as cloud production at least. It felt like having a shorter path I was able to really dial in the pull or something. Could all be in my head but I'll try it again soon. The wet ring is probably why I can tolerate the short path. I ordered the extended mouthpiece long ago because the short one would irritate me. The smooth flow isn't much longer, but the moisture makes it feel much less irritating to me. I definitely like my smooth flow with the T1.

You've caught my interest here. Such things are kind of subjective, but I agree the smooth flow does seem to improve the T1 although I think I may be dealing with it easier than you to start with? I might not notice things as well I'm thinking?

Thanks.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Tried to put the pureflow on my first Evo-cap, it's too loose to stay in there. It does fit on the new cap that came today. I noticed most of the mouth pieces were barely staying in the first cap too. Maybe it was slightly off shape? The new one, all the tips fit nice and snug. I am using the purflow on the newer cap w/ the 6v, it is taking a little of the edge off the vapor and restricting the pull a little, maybe a little too much. I am getting good vapor, but it's a tight draw. I am curious about the smooth flow, and will probably get one of those soon.

jambandphan03,

niceone

I took the plunge and bought an Evo LV kit, as well as 2 extra batteries from Lighthound.

I will post a review when it arrives.

Thanks for your help with the batteries, OF!

Top Bottom