Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

2clicker

Observer
I am glad I bought the TV battery, it is so basic, it will be hard to mess it up, and it's made well. Get one that comes with a sleeve though... if you go that way.

yeah for sure. im so close to going with the LV Dart setup w/out kit... then using the 15% coupon code for my review. i feel more comfortable going this route because i know that whatever new device that TV will release... that everything is compatible. i really want a pass through, but im hoping thats going to be part of the new stuff coming from TV.

im also looking into heat resistant coatings more.

2clicker,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Does the dart set up come with a sleeve on the battery, I hope so, these things get pretty hot.

jambandphan03,

niceone

Thanks for the replies on Teflon.

I'm so confused by the discussion of replacement batteries for the Evolution... I wish TV would sell them so I could know I'm buying the right one. And, why does the LV only come with one battery while the regular Evolution comes with four?

niceone,

brilliant

Hello.

I just ordered an Evolution starter kit. I don't know if this has been addressed - but is there a water pipe attachment for the Evolution yet? Do either of the existing wpa's work with the evolution? I suspect not.

Also, is there anything else I should get to go with it? Extra batteries is all I am thinking.. I am open to any suggestions!

brilliant,

PB88123

Vaporist
Hello.

I just ordered an Evolution starter kit. I don't know if this has been addressed - but is there a water pipe attachment for the Evolution yet? Do either of the existing wpa's work with the evolution? I suspect not.

Also, is there anything else I should get to go with it? Extra batteries is all I am thinking.. I am open to any suggestions!

It is built in to the Evolution.

ThermoVape_Evolution_on_Bubbler.jpg

PB88123,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hello.

You can easily hook up any of these devices using silicone tubing and a GonG joint (EQ elbow, for example). TV sells a water adapter, too.

My question is: Why would you be looking for that with this unit? The Evolution is designed to be super stealthy and is not a big cloud producer that is typically mated with glass. I see the Evo and Vaporbonging as being on opposite sides of the "super stealth vs. big vaporbongrips" continuim.

But to each his own.

Just my :2c:

Stu,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Which model did you get? The LV 3.7 or the 6v? Extra batteries is a good idea either way IMO. I ordered mine from Lighthound.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: VapoRoor

2clicker

Observer
You can easily hook up any of these devices using silicone tubing and a GonG joint (EQ elbow, for example). TV sells a water adapter, too.

My question is: Why would you be looking for that with this unit? The Evolution is designed to be super stealthy and is not a big cloud producer that is typically mated with glass. I see the Evo and Vaporbonging as being on opposite sides of the "super stealth vs. big vaporbongrips" continuim.

But to each his own.

not doubt about it. but deep down we all want one unit that will do it all.

too early for that just yet...:/

2clicker,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
We're getting closer, TV is the inspector gadget of vapes, you can add and remove parts as needed, so far the most versatile on the market IMO. I resisted getting the full set up for a while, since I have a pile of ego batts and several other mods, but with these new vapes being so high drain, none of my gear could stand up to it. I am pretty happy with the TV battery set up so far. It's sleek, easy to use, and rugged. I sound like a commercial..hahaha :rofl:

I attempted running my EvoLV on the sabor mini w/ 16340 880mah battery and could barely get it to warm up after 20secs. or so, no go with the little battery. I got better results from my lil'chuck, surprisingly. I hope it behaves better with the passthrough. I should have that by the weekend I hope.

OF

We're getting closer, TV is the inspector gadget of vapes, you can add and remove parts as needed, so far the most versatile on the market IMO. I resisted getting the full set up for a while, since I have a pile of ego batts and several other mods, but with these new vapes being so high drain, none of my gear could stand up to it. I am pretty happy with the TV battery set up so far. It's sleek, easy to use, and rugged. I sound like a commercial..hahaha :rofl:

I'm glad guys are coming around to the factory TV supply. I know it's expensive, but IMO worth it in terms of dependable service to come. I buy this expensive gear to vape even more expensive concentrates with minimum waste and maximum enjoyment. Substandard performance from an adopted supply seems counter productive there to me.

I'm also glad guys have the battery deal under control, I too order from Lighthound, seems a good outfit. You want the only 17670 made (AFAIK) for the large supply, AW brand IMR 14500s for the middle size supply. Having a spare charged ready to try before adding more concentrate is a good thing IMO.

As always Stu raises a good point. I think, however, he's not giving due credit to the 'because I can' aspect of things? If it's good for dog's licking their private parts in public......

OF

OF,
Reactions: darkrom

niceone

I too order from Lighthound, seems a good outfit

OF, you seem to know your way around, can you advise which replacement batteries would work in the Evolution LV?

Tim, can you help? I am close to commitment here, but I want to simultaneously buy extra batteries that work and charge properly. I don't think TV sells them (or at least, I can't find them for sale on the site).

niceone,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
I have had one near combustion experience, I had the button activated for an initial heat up and sorta spaced how long it was pushed up, then realized how hot the device was getting and hit it. I tasted the beginnings of combustion and stopped hitting it. I must have had it activated for longer than 30 seconds, looking back on it, it was pretty hot. I dumped that load out and just the very bottom had a few black specks, the rest of the load looked vaped, and didn't catch. I like to regularly remove the bowl from the battery and blow through the threaded end, to remove bits that may have fallen down through the holes.

The Evolution's strait through design is so efficient that's how we were able to lower the wattage to nearly the exact wattage needed to get full vaporization. Its very hard to get one to combust unless you try VERY hard.

The Evolution has become the daily go-to device for some of us around here, defiantly helps us conserve.

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,

brilliant

But to each his own.

Yeah. It's actually going to be a buddy's that I ordered it for. I think it will be sufficient for vapor bonging every now and then, when he cant just come over to my place and i think it will work alright since we only buy micros/nanos. Buy yeh I like mah dichotomies.

@Jamb I got the 6v which sounds like it may have been a mistake since it seems the 3.7 performs similarly.

brilliant,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I find I am using my EvoLV throughout the day, esp. Now that I have 3 batteries in rotation and a working charger. :) One of my first complaints about vaporizing was how much herb I went through per session (with my box vape) it's great having options that are so conservative available to us these days.

@Brilliant: nothing wrong with the 6v, you can always upgrade later and have both. All it takes is a couple of batteries and a new heat core. The battery housing works with both voltages.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
2clicker, I don't know if this helps, but I probably could have had 2 kits for the amount of money I spent trying to find less expensive alternatives, which ended up not really working so well. Sometimes you do get what you pay for. I didn't really understand the difference until I broke down and purchased the EvoLV kit, and got my hands on the TV battery. I have been extremely skeptical about most of these e cig style vapes, and took the plunge on a couple that were not up to par. I can say with confidence that the TV unit has the most quality and works well compared to any other I have tried so far. At worse case, if you find it doesn't meet your needs, there is the classifieds...

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

Dj Bass

Anyone run a 17670 fully charged through their "dirty" unit yet. I have done maybe 15-20 bowls out of this thing, all of them with a screen at the bottom (put it in the day I got it) each bowl with a point of flowers, and about 1.5x that in water extract. I figured "I bet there is a lotta dank vape resin in here" So I heated that sumbitch up real hot, about 25 secs on the lv, after emtying it as thoroughly as I could, took a big ole rip, and got an easier pull with a just as thick cloud, well, pretty whispy actually, but still, a lotta medication in them cirrus clouds... Anyway, more whispy clouds continued to pour out of it for about 3 or four good heatings, with at least one long draw off each heating. I highly recomend cleaning this thing that way, unless I'm fucking it up or something? Tim?

Dj Bass,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I haven't tried putting a screen down in the heat chamber yet. Sounds to me like your screen is collecting some good residue from the herb/water extract. Probably better that your screen is getting it instead of the heat core. I don't know how much damage is done running it this way, since the coil stays dry during use anyway.

jambandphan03,

OF

I haven't tried putting a screen down in the heat chamber yet. Sounds to me like your screen is collecting some good residue from the herb/water extract. Probably better that your screen is getting it instead of the heat core. I don't know how much damage is done running it this way, since the coil stays dry during use anyway.

I guess I don't understand this idea. It's a convection vape, right? Going the other way? How is the vapor 'swimming up stream'? I assume the bottom of the screen is clean?

My guess is there's a fair bit of condensed 'wand hash' happening here. I get the same thing in my Iolite and HA when I run bubble in them, neither of them fouls the airpath backwards into the air heating area though.

I do agree you want to keep stuff out of the core, I backed off my concentrate experiments in T1 for this reason, but it was a melting issue with oil.

Is there any reason to think it's actually in the core, not above it?

OF

OF,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Anyone run a 17670 fully charged through their "dirty" unit yet. I have done maybe 15-20 bowls out of this thing, all of them with a screen at the bottom (put it in the day I got it) each bowl with a point of flowers, and about 1.5x that in water extract. I figured "I bet there is a lotta dank vape resin in here" So I heated that sumbitch up real hot, about 25 secs on the lv, after emtying it as thoroughly as I could, took a big ole rip, and got an easier pull with a just as thick cloud, well, pretty whispy actually, but still, a lotta medication in them cirrus clouds... Anyway, more whispy clouds continued to pour out of it for about 3 or four good heatings, with at least one long draw off each heating. I highly recomend cleaning this thing that way, unless I'm fucking it up or something? Tim?

That is totally fine, ive actually done that with my T1 a few times too! i dont wipe mine out so it gets a nice buildup after a while.

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,
Reactions: darkrom

Dj Bass

Learned the tech from the T1. My top screen in the T1 would gum up like the dickens. Like, seriously couldn't even pull through it because so much oil/caked up vaped powder would stick to the screen I put in below the air holes (helped solve the other problem of the air holes straight clogging) after a while I tried the same cleaning tech in the evo, and boy howdy! Thanks for the affirmative on the technique, Tim! I'll keep talking to you on that beta test front!

Dj Bass,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Got my 6v Evo top today. So far the only real difference I am noticing is that it heats up a couple of seconds quicker than the 3.7v. The over all performance is about the same. I started a fresh load, med. grind, about 1/2 full, on a fresh charged set of batteries. I have taken 8- 5 second hits , with an initial 10 second warm up, and a 5 second warm up between hits and now the bowl is tasting toasted. ABV is dark brown and pretty even from first load. I let the Evo cool down, reloaded it, did the same again, 10 second heat up, took 8- 5 second hits with 5 second warm ups between, and now the load is tasting toasted. Batteries still seem to be going strong through the entire seshion. 16 hits with a few minutes of down time half way and still have charge in the battery. Now I am feeling quite: :ko: I will come back to it in a little while, and see how many more rounds I get using this method until the batteries give out.

then I will do the same experiment again with the 3.7v to compare... :freak:

Got my 6v Evo top today. So far the only real difference I am noticing is that it heats up a couple of seconds quicker than the 3.7v. The over all performance is about the same. I started a fresh load, med. grind, about 1/2 full, on a fresh charged set of batteries. I have taken 8- 5 second hits , with an initial 10 second warm up, and a 5 second warm up between hits and now the bowl is tasting toasted. ABV is dark brown and pretty even from first load. I let the Evo cool down, reloaded it, did the same again, 10 second heat up, took 8- 5 second hits with 5 second warm ups between, and now the load is tasting toasted. Batteries still seem to be going strong through the entire seshion. 16 hits with a few minutes of down time half way and still have charge in the battery. Now I am feeling quite: :ko: I will come back to it in a little while, and see how many more rounds I get using this method until the batteries give out.

then I will do the same experiment again with the 3.7v to compare... :freak:

That's the kind of scientific experiment I'd sign up for

Top Bottom