Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I find vinegar cleans up the tarnish as well, it's not difficult it's just inconvenient.

The problem isn't how to fix the tarnish, the problem is that the body and battery tube tarnish, period.

As you can see the revolution body and top of the ultra remain absolutely clean, even though I always touch them both:
3dSts.jpg

Notice above the sharp color/tarnish difference between the body and the head (where it narrows) this indicates two different finishes so why isn't it all the better finish?
(Ignore the univ. adapter please)

f0Ivi.jpg

The last thing I want is another body that will tarnish within a week... there are plenty of finishes that appear to be completely unaffected by hand oils so it baffles me why TV would make the part of the vape that you handle out of a tarnish-able material...

(I tried inquiring about ordering a t1/17670 size body with plastic cover but I guess they aren't in to custom orders either...)

We are certainly into to custom orders. Whoever told you we are not is incorrect.

I'll send you a T1 plastic wrapped body. If you would like a will strip and plate your Ultra. Our current electroless nickel plating is more resistant to tarnish (this Alpha units were plated in late 2011, and the nickel was more prone to tarnish with some people).

We are standing by to take care of you. Just send us an email info@thermovape.com. We are standing by. We will get your T1 lower with an interface that will prevent leaks shipped TODAY if you email us soon. Or call 650-637-1885. Ask for Noah. I want to know who told you we would not take care of you.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, and making sure we do everything possible to take care of you.

Cheers,

Thermovape

jambandphan03

in flavor country
You might want to edit that double post there TV :p

So, I'm a bit bummed about the Mini, but grateful things were not worse... So glad I have the REAL EVO battery set up to use. It has been working well in both 3.7v and 6v...

jambandphan03,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Ahh, that black EVO is weakening my willpower! Can't wait for the standard voltage. I like the improvement in sleeve design where it meets the adapter, makes it look much sleeker IMO with all the delrin butting up to each other like the T1.

So, another question for you EVO owners. Does the air maze at the top of the unit clog up as bad as the holes do on the T1? A post by I think it was Jam led me to believe that the top design didn't really do much to improve the clogging aspect. This might be a deal breaker for me. I LOVE my T1, and can stir it without unscrewing the cap all the way, but the mouthpiece holes clogging every few hits is one of my very few complaints. Any insight is appreciated.

Peloton,

OF

CRAP, they sent me the wrong PT... nevermind... till next week sometime I guess...:disgust:
To make matters worse... I put the exteded adapter I got today on the MINI, and it must have had a short. The plastic started melting in the end cap, and when I took it off to try to see if it was ok, the power was on as soon as I put the end cap on, so something fried because of a stupid adapter. :doh: guess this was a BIG waste of $$. :( PLEASE BE CAREFUL USING ADAPTERS, SOME OF THEM OUT THERE ARE CHEAPLY MADE AND CAN SHORT YOUR BATTERY. The one I just got that shorted the mini looked like brass pressed into an aluminum tube, very cheap looking, not solid metal like the other ones I have.

This is kinda spooky. Any serious supply (other than schemes like TV uses) should sure tolerate a short better than blowing up......

I don't know this unit, nor know what a PT is, do you have a link?

TIA

Ahh, that black EVO is weakening my willpower! Can't wait for the standard voltage.

So, another question for you EVO owners. Does the air maze at the top of the unit clog up as bad as the holes do on the T1?

I see no reason to wait. The heat shield is totally separate from the body, a black LV is available I'm sure, just ask.

And no, after a lot of testing the top does not jam up. Not that I haven't tried.....

OF

OF,

VAPORIZER22

I have not used the T1 but from my experience the airflow is sufficient enough that I have not experienced any clogging issues. Bits of bud do get stuck up near the mouthpiece, I just use a toothpick or pipe cleaner for a quick clean. I am OCD about cleaning any glass piece or vaporizer after use so I also run it under hot water a few seconds. Depending on how fine a grind you like and your hit technique I do not think you would have any issues with clogging for it to be a deal breaker.

I am sure others will share their opinions for you to decide if it will work for you.

VAPORIZER22,

nowonknows

I want one of these, your site doesn't seem to like international customers though. Nate, check your emails :wave:

Business must be good, still waiting..........
Na fuck it, multiple emails ignored over the last 3 months, emails looking to spend more money, maybe I shouldn't of mentioned a faulty part supplied with one of my units?
I'm off to find someone else to take my money :tup:

nowonknows,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
I have not used the T1 but from my experience the airflow is sufficient enough that I have not experienced any clogging issues. Bits of bud do get stuck up near the mouthpiece, I just use a toothpick or pipe cleaner for a quick clean. I am OCD about cleaning any glass piece or vaporizer after use so I also run it under hot water a few seconds. Depending on how fine a grind you like and your hit technique I do not think you would have any issues with clogging for it to be a deal breaker.

I am sure others will share their opinions for you to decide if it will work for you.

Thanks. I am more concerned if a whole load can be vaporized without having to open the unit up to unclog the mouthpiece. That's what I commonly run into on my T1 - no issues stirring it without removing the top cap, but eventually I have to because the mouthpiece holes become clogged.

I understand there's a lot of variables, the biggest maybe being your draw speed, but I was hoping for someone who owns both to chime in and compare the two specifically in terms of having to blow out the mouthpiece to unclog mid-bowl. Kind of defeats the whole "no stir" thing in a way if you still have to take it apart to unclog the mouthpiece before the loads cached.

Glad to hear you keep your vapes in tip top shape. I'm always brushing mine with a LB brush after a load.

Na fuck it, multiple emails ignored over the last 3 months, emails looking to spend more money, maybe I shouldn't of mentioned a faulty part supplied with one of my units?

Sorry to hear that nowonknows. They have some of the best customer service I've ever seen when I've dealt with them. I had the 2nd t1 heater core failure back in it's infancy, and Nate without hesitation initiated a Skype session with me to help diagnose my issue. A new heater core was overnighted to my doorstep. Look at all the other ThermoVape threads too, they're chock full of happy customers glowing about the customer service a lot of the time also. Must be something else up, it's not like them to ignore a warranty issue? Anything else to the story?

Peloton,

VAPORIZER22

I have never had an issue with the mouthpiece clogging even with back to back bowls.

VAPORIZER22,

JoeKickass

We are certainly into to custom orders. Whoever told you we are not is incorrect.

I'll send you a T1 plastic wrapped body. If you would like a will strip and plate your Ultra. Our current electroless nickel plating is more resistant to tarnish (this Alpha units were plated in late 2011, and the nickel was more prone to tarnish with some people).

We are standing by to take care of you. Just send us an email info@thermovape.com. Ask for Noah. I want to know who told you we would not take care of you.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, and making sure we do everything possible to take care of you.

Cheers,

Thermovape

Thank you for the reply and possible tarnish explanation. I had not received an actual reply but maybe that's because I emailed sales@thermovape.com...

I'll be away for the weekend and I know you ship fast so I'll send my email on Monday, I'm the guy asking for:

1 x evolution-tapered black body & switch assembly
1 x 17670 battery
1 x smooth flow adapter
1 x black cover for my evolution (hoping you can do this :tup: )

I can pay full for it all I know it's a custom order, I appreciate the help!

JoeKickass,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
so after a few emails with the guy who builds the Sabortouch, it was never supposed to "tingle" when my thumb was on the button sensor, and apparently the model I got must have had something wrong with it. He offered to fix it for $40 replacing it with new parts and giving me a 5 year warranty on top of that. I just asked him about possibly upgrading it to the full size, but have not heard back. So probably still a good thing the PT was the wrong size, since something was amiss with the mini.
** getting the mini upgraded to a full size ST instead!! Nice turn about of luck there.

jambandphan03,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Nate has emailed you and has directly addressed the issues internally so we will hopefully not have this happen again. We will take care of you. When we drop the ball (and I do believe we dropped the ball in this particular situation) We owe you an apology and Nate and I apologize, the buck stops with us. We do our best, we are still pretty small and get a ton of emails and phone calls. Now and then something get's missed, overlooked, etc.

This is NOT intentional... we simply make mistakes. Trust that we are constantly working to improve.

You have my word we will take care of you, we will warranty and support any of our products and the individuals who own them. We don't care if you bought it from ebay, amazon, or the classifieds. If you have one of our products you have our support.

Let me know what needs to happen to make this right. Noah@thermovape.com.

Cheers.

NoName

Ordered the LV Black Evolution and Dart about 90 mins ago - One hour later I received an email confirmation of both my order confirmation and that my order has already shipped!!! Thanks ThermoVape team and a special thanks to Ms. 'J' and Mr. 'B' (didn't know if it was ok to put full names) for their help over the phone.
Thanks
Noname

NoName,

vapor 4 life

I want a black Evolution.! I would have waited if i had known a black evolution was on its way. I thought the ptfe only came in white. Can early adopters of the evolution buy a black cap?

okay... i'm tapping out... i'm asking for help...

I've been a lurker here for quite some time now which has helped me make decisions with the vapes i've bought (DBV & MFLB). It took me 2 sessions to figure out the MFLB. I'm on my 5th session and have only been able to feel "slight" effects of my herb twice. I've read the first 29 pages before I finally decided to buy. So i've tried most of the suggestions.

I really want to like this new vape, perhaps someone can point out what i'm doing wrong:
- before i loaded it, I charged the battery first and then just did an initial warm up test to see how long before its glowing hot (about 15 seconds)
- so i load it up loosely with ground herb about 2/3 capacity of chamber
- hit the switch, wait 15 seconds and take a medium draw for about another 10 seconds
- next hit i wait about 5 seconds
With this method, i hardly taste anything, but my herb is brown and crispy

My next couple of sessions basically included a variation of:
- amount of herb (1/2 to loosely packed to the brim of chamber)
- warming up for 20-25 seconds (this got me 2 decent hits... but only two on a load)
- varying inhalation strengths (but i haven't tried anything slow yet... i read to do the opposite of the MFLB)

The 2 times i got decent hits, my herb was done after 2 hits. And just for fun, i tossed the spent herb into my MFLB to see if I could squeeze anything out of it (from the times i couldn't feel any effects)... interestingly... I was able to feel something after 2 decent hits.

PS - i do notice some slight herb particles collecting at the bottom of my mouthpiece (or top depending on how you look at it)... but it's definitely not enough to block air as I can inhale easily)

vapordreams,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
How do you draw? You should draw slowly at first and when you feel the vapor get warmer, you speed up the draw.

vorrange,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer

I want a black Evolution.! I would have waited if i had known a black evolution was on its way. I thought the ptfe only came in white. Can early adopters of the evolution buy a black cap?

Of course. We sell any part we make. We will also assist you in customizing your thermoVape products as much as you would like to.

Honestly, we were not sure the Black Teflon would work. It was an expensive gamble and we refuse to make promises or announce products we are not sure we can make. We make it, then announce it.

Although sometimes the back-end of our manages to sabotage our efforts...

Rest assured every product, every part, is always built to be modular.

Let us know what we can do for you. We are woking on getting every part we think someone could possibly want up on to the website. Including batteries, charger options, etc.

Cheers,

okay... i'm tapping out... i'm asking for help...

I've been a lurker here for quite some time now which has helped me make decisions with the vapes i've bought (DBV & MFLB). It took me 2 sessions to figure out the MFLB. I'm on my 5th session and have only been able to feel "slight" effects of my herb twice. I've read the first 29 pages before I finally decided to buy. So i've tried most of the suggestions.

I really want to like this new vape, perhaps someone can point out what i'm doing wrong:
- before i loaded it, I charged the battery first and then just did an initial warm up test to see how long before its glowing hot (about 15 seconds)
- so i load it up loosely with ground herb about 2/3 capacity of chamber
- hit the switch, wait 15 seconds and take a medium draw for about another 10 seconds
- next hit i wait about 5 seconds
With this method, i hardly taste anything, but my herb is brown and crispy

My next couple of sessions basically included a variation of:
- amount of herb (1/2 to loosely packed to the brim of chamber)
- warming up for 20-25 seconds (this got me 2 decent hits... but only two on a load)
- varying inhalation strengths (but i haven't tried anything slow yet... i read to do the opposite of the MFLB)

The 2 times i got decent hits, my herb was done after 2 hits. And just for fun, i tossed the spent herb into my MFLB to see if I could squeeze anything out of it (from the times i couldn't feel any effects)... interestingly... I was able to feel something after 2 decent hits.

PS - i do notice some slight herb particles collecting at the bottom of my mouthpiece (or top depending on how you look at it)... but it's definitely not enough to block air as I can inhale easily)

Try a slower inhale. The Evolution is pretty forgiving (meaning that it is hard to combust the material).

We have found that when in doubt with the Evolution:

Fine-Medium Fine Grind. Loaded to the brim of the chamber, but NOT packed or tamped down at all.

10-15 second warm up from cold.

5-10 second warm up if unit is warm/hot.

Try a longer slower inhale, even puff on it a bit early on to see when the vapor starts producing, then la into a steady (although maybe slower then what you have been trying, inhale).

and/or

Try a longer warm up time.

Let us know if that works.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

nowonknows

Nate has emailed you and has directly addressed the issues internally so we will hopefully not have this happen again. We will take care of you. When we drop the ball (and I do believe we dropped the ball in this particular situation) We owe you an apology and Nate and I apologize, the buck stops with us. We do our best, we are still pretty small and get a ton of emails and phone calls. Now and then something get's missed, overlooked, etc.

This is NOT intentional... we simply make mistakes. Trust that we are constantly working to improve.

You have my word we will take care of you, we will warranty and support any of our products and the individuals who own them. We don't care if you bought it from ebay, amazon, or the classifieds. If you have one of our products you have our support.

Let me know what needs to happen to make this right. Noah@thermovape.com.

Cheers.

Sorry I'm really not interested.
I have been lied to and ignored multiple times, I shouldn't have to shoot my mouth of on here to have things resolved, but this has been the case everytime.
I think you try to keep the guys on here happy as it is a form of advertising, but if you aren't sharing your experience on here I guess you don't matter.
Working in sales, my biggest pet hate is poor customer service, being a small business just starting out is no excuse, there are many others in the same situation that make it work.

nowonknows,

JoeKickass

I have been lied to and ignored multiple times, I shouldn't have to shoot my mouth of on here to have things resolved, but this has been the case everytime.
I think you try to keep the guys on here happy as it is a form of advertising, but if you aren't sharing your experience on here I guess you don't matter.
Working in sales, my biggest pet hate is poor customer service, being a small business just starting out is no excuse, there are many others in the same situation that make it work.

If your emails haven't been replied to that's one thing but how have you been lied to?

They say they honestly try to get to every email and the missed ones are mistakes, do you think they are just openly lying?

I posted here to ask about what I emailed them as well and they quickly responded with a more than reasonable response, as they have with you, so instead of rejecting their apology why not let them make it up to you? I'm sure the secretaries reading the majority of the emails and the people who write on the forums representing the companies are completely different...

JoeKickass,

OF

I'm very sorry to hear you're not happy. For sure such is the exception. It is far harder and very dangerous to screen the customer names to decide who to take care of and who to hang out to dry. The chance of someone who knows such an abused customer and speaking up in the customer's behalf (exposing the company) is too real for a thinking company to consider such a policy I think.

It's very unfortunate you'll be missing out on some great products.

I also understand (or at least have experienced) the distrust of sales types for service guys. Sales often takes the heat for service screw ups, I've been there. I'm sorry that that too seems to be tainting this. Please don't press me for my opinion of sales types?

Thanks and best wises on your next vape. There are some other excellent offerings out there.

OF

nowonknows

If your emails haven't been replied to that's one thing but how have you been lied to?

They say they honestly try to get to every email and the missed ones are mistakes, do you think they are just openly lying?

I posted here to ask about what I emailed them as well and they quickly responded with a more than reasonable response, as they have with you, so instead of rejecting their apology why not let them make it up to you? I'm sure the secretaries reading the majority of the emails and the people who write on the forums representing the companies are completely different...

OK, so I originally ordered 2 x Thermovapes less charger and batteries as I thought being an international customer with high mains voltage, I would purchase these locally. I then found out they don't exist in my country yet and the charger provided is variable voltage input.
I then placed a second order for the chargers and batteries. Both orders I selected USPS GXG service, after placing my second order (this was all within a few days around a weekend) I emailed Thermovape advising of my fuck up and asked if they could combine the orders and if so, if there was much of a saving in freight costs maybe provide a parcial refund on the cost of shipping.
So I get a reply saying they were able to combine my orders but due to a calculation error on their site the cost of shipping via GXG service ended up costing them more then what I paid all up. After a week, no show, contact them requesting a tracking number, after a while get a reply saying USPS do not provide tracking numbers for international orders.
A few emails are sent back and forward regarding this, as we all know this is bullshit, I get told they will check it out and let me know then no follow through. Finally my order shows, has been sent via a slower/cheaper method then what I had requested, the receipt on the box indicated the freight was over $100 cheaper then I was charged.
I contacted them regarding this, no reply, at least a few days later I posted a revieew on here with a slight but vague reference to the issues, instantly I recvieve an email with a list of options to make this up to me. One option being a free thermovape which I jumped on, all good they'll get it out to me.
A week or two later I contact them wanting to buy a couple rev kits, I ask if the thermovape has been shipped yet, get told they have been meaning to but forgot and will ship with my new order.
I tell Nate that due to travel requirements I need the order shipped Monday via GXG and if this wont be possible to let me know and I will place the order at a later date as I don't know if I will be able to arrange for it to be collected this end. All good, I get a paypal invoice and pay straight away, Contact him Monday arvo to see if it has shipped and get informed it is a public holiday in the States. I did not receive my order before leaving but managed to arrange for someone to check my mail daily and collect from the post office while I was gone, this did cost me.
So I get back home and of course the order was yet again sent by a slower method then requested.

Dealing with other companies, people fuck up, when this happens say so instead of trying to cover it up. If someome asks if an order can be shipped by a certain date, don't say yes when you know it isn't possible, don't offer shipping options then not send via them.

I don't want to bitch on here to get things sorted, I want to spend my cash elsewhere.

nowonknows,

bazzles

Ok, so got amazing hits for the pack and a half I did of this Pineapple, but sadly this Bubba didnt seem to produce much vapor and such, though I guess it could be my draw rate that affected the vapor production. I did feel higher after a few packs but not much like I would expect. So when I inhale should the sound that is produced (air being pulled through a small place) be very minimal (slow draw) or should it be more of a moderate draw where more sound is made?

bazzles,

PB88123

Vaporist
Ok, so got amazing hits for the pack and a half I did of this Pineapple, but sadly this Bubba didnt seem to produce much vapor and such, though I guess it could be my draw rate that affected the vapor production. I did feel higher after a few packs but not much like I would expect. So when I inhale should the sound that is produced (air being pulled through a small place) be very minimal (slow draw) or should it be more of a moderate draw where more sound is made?

I like a slow draw / minimal sound of air being pulled in. I do that for a good 20 seconds after the heat up period. What helped me was hooking it up to a glass piece and using a flash light so I can see how much vapor there is depending on my type of draw. When I do a direct inhale without glass I have to tell myself to draw slower.

PB88123,
Top Bottom