Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

OF

(Photos deleted)

Great photos, DR. Yes, you're in luck. All the options are open I think. Send the adapter and core back. TV should upgrade the adapter free of charge and IMO should rebuild your core (the bowl part is actually pretty cheap, the expensive stuff is the ceramic and heater bits inside) for free as well since it's a direct result of the two piece adapter issue (and the cost of the actual metal part is at most a few dollars).

The white plastic heat shield is just that, a shield. You can thread it off by pulling it down to engage the threads if you want. The dent in the outside is not important.

Or you can order the Evolution......

If it were me, I'd be thinking about where I could get it shipped out Saturday?

I don't think you're in as much trouble as you seem to. I'm betting you're out some shipping money and a wait for the return of what will be a better system..... I'm even giving odds.

Regards and best wishes,

OF

OF,
Reactions: darkrom

OF

Was the "silver bullet" ever used with the LV? It's an 18650 e-cig base.

I think I will contact Tim in the morning and let him know what happened.

Yes. I recall two issues. First you can't reach the switch (the Evolution blocks it), you need to stack a few adapters up as a spacer. And the guy who reported this later blew his switch up as I remember. It did work for a while, but I don't think that's the goal?

Yes, do call Tim. Now that we more fully understand what happened (and why) and have seen that the extent of the damage is really one low cost metal part (screw machine made at that) and an upgrade you should get as a mater of course (which you don't really need....but really really want....).

I'll bet within two weeks you're back in better shape than before. For a few dollars shipping.....

OF

OF,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
Great photos, DR. Yes, you're in luck. All the options are open I think. Send the adapter and core back. TV should upgrade the adapter free of charge and IMO should rebuild your core (the bowl part is actually pretty cheap, the expensive stuff is the ceramic and heater bits inside) for free as well since it's a direct result of the two piece adapter issue (and the cost of the actual metal part is at most a few dollars).

The white plastic heat shield is just that, a shield. You can thread it off by pulling it down to engage the threads if you want. The dent in the outside is not important.

Or you can order the Evolution......

If it were me, I'd be thinking about where I could get it shipped out Saturday?

I don't think you're in as much trouble as you seem to. I'm betting you're out some shipping money and a wait for the return of what will be a better system..... I'm even giving odds.

Regards and best wishes,

OF

Sounds awesome to me. I am still a fan of the thermovape, and to think I've been using the PITA version this whole time while still suggesting it to friends haha. I'll send Tim an email tomorrow and see what he wants to do about this. I'll have to clean the shit out of everything to send it back but that is a small price to pay if that's all it takes.

Thanks for the help guys. I know I'll get it running one way or another! I've got my underdogs to hold me for now. I'll appreciate the portability of the T1 when I get it fixed.

Now to get back on topic somewhat...that Silver Bullet...no go with the evo I'm guessing? Is there any confirmed working 18650 base? I know TV is working on their own but I mean anything on the market now?

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Yes. I recall two issues. First you can't reach the switch (the Evolution blocks it), you need to stack a few adapters up as a spacer. And the guy who reported this later blew his switch up as I remember. It did work for a while, but I don't think that's the goal?

Yes, do call Tim. Now that we more fully understand what happened (and why) and have seen that the extent of the damage is really one low cost metal part (screw machine made at that) and an upgrade you should get as a mater of course (which you don't really need....but really really want....).

I'll bet within two weeks you're back in better shape than before. For a few dollars shipping.....

OF

I'll get the T1 fixed and wait for the Thermovape 18650 I suppose. Funny how their products seem to work best with their other products huh??

darkrom,

OF

I'll have to clean the shit out of everything to send it back but that is a small price to pay if that's all it takes.

Thanks for the help guys. I know I'll get it running one way or another!

Just pull the switch out and boil the devil out of the rest. You should be fine at that point, very little collects on those parts really (I'd worry more about oil vapes and the cap on T1).

I've no doubt you'll beat this one down, just not sure how exactly it'll play out. Please keep us posted?

No ideas on other supplies I have confidence in (or I'd make 'em). Persei should work, but I killed one. It might be mechanical, not electrical, and the new stronger version solve it but that doesn't exist yet either.

My advice is to recover from the failure (Tim is your friend...), hold in place and expect it to break one way or another in the near future. TV will give you the supply of your dreams, THC will become bomb proof, someone will make better batteries for your birthday, something will break.....you're about due aren't you?

OF

OF,

OF

I'll get the T1 fixed and wait for the Thermovape 18650 I suppose. Funny how their products seem to work best with their other products huh??

I'm not sure I call it funny, really. It's very very neat IMO. I like it lots, stuff moves by leaps and bounds, not planned steps. We get the immediate benefit of several sharp minds and supply chains. One of my favorites is still the Omicron cart on the bitty TV supply (ultra mini?, the one that uses the 10440 cell). I just wish V2 put out full voltage, I was hoping it would be ideal for DART and Revolution what with not having to push the slide up and not having a time out....hopefully the new version corrects that. But thanks to interchangeable parts we're not only still in business, but doing better in some cases for it.

Competition; Capitalism's secret weapon. Strangely often everyone wins.....how cool is that?

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

This: http://thermovape.com/collections/b.../products/thermovape-evolution-conversion-kit
Plus this: http://thermovape.com/collections/b...zers-parts/products/7670-3-7v-1600mah-battery

In your current t1 base will be pretty much as good as a 18650 supply. And less than $100.

EDIT: NVM! Sorry the kit only comes in standard voltage...

To save $ you don't need the interface just the lv evo and a single battery:

LV Evo: http://thermovape.com/collections/b...s/thermovape-evolution-lv-low-voltage-black-1

Battery: http://thermovape.com/collections/b...zers-parts/products/7670-3-7v-1600mah-battery

$70 and you could have both T1 and evo!

JoeKickass,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm not sure I call it funny, really. It's very very neat IMO. I like it lots, stuff moves by leaps and bounds, not planned steps. We get the immediate benefit of several sharp minds and supply chains. One of my favorites is still the Omicron cart on the bitty TV supply (ultra mini?, the one that uses the 10440 cell). I just wish V2 put out full voltage, I was hoping it would be ideal for DART and Revolution what with not having to push the slide up and not having a time out....hopefully the new version corrects that. But thanks to interchangeable parts we're not only still in business, but doing better in some cases for it.

Competition; Capitalism's secret weapon. Strangely often everyone wins.....how cool is that?

OF

Sorry need for sarcastic font there. I was making fun of myself for going through all this effort rather than just waiting for the supply that is made by TV so it works perfectly.

darkrom,

OF

This: http://thermovape.com/collections/b.../products/thermovape-evolution-conversion-kit

Plus this: http://thermovape.com/collections/b...zers-parts/products/7670-3-7v-1600mah-battery

In your current t1 base will be pretty much as good as a 18650 supply. And less than $100.

EDIT: NVM! Sorry the kit only comes in standard voltage

That's sorta true for IMR 18650s (although AW now has a 2000 mAh that should give you 25% more hits). There are also some impressive protected Li ions (like the 17670 above...) out there. I'm testing a 10C rated 2250 (good for 20 Amp rates?!!) and an interesting looking 3200 mAh (both Japanese, go figure) so I see where guys hold out hope.

After a point it's like a 200 gallon gas tank, nice but if you're stopping to eat, hit the John and catch some winks from time to time that might not be all that useful? As long as I have to stop and reload herb, I don't personally mind changing batteries too. Or adding gas to the Iolite.

As I recall you can get the kit as LV as well, but you need to ask for it when you order. I believe it's scheduled to be fixed on the web page, but for now just tell 'em.

Sorry need for sarcastic font there. I was making fun of myself for going through all this effort rather than just waiting for the supply that is made by TV so it works perfectly.

Cool, thought that might be the case....gallows humor is a favorite kind with me. But the point is a good one. I also think there's some damaged genes in the American pool that compels some of us to want to hot rod anything we can.....it's what we are. Wear it proud.

It's fun to speculate sometimes anyway.

OF

OF,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I also think there's some damaged genes in the American pool that compels some of us to want to hot rod anything we can.....it's what we are. Wear it proud.
It's fun to speculate sometimes anyway.

Oh if only you knew my friend. I'd say its actually a SERIOUS issue sometimes for me. Everything I own is modified or custom. Gives me a rush as strong as any drug.

darkrom,

OF

Oh if only you knew my friend. I'd say its actually a SERIOUS issue sometimes for me. Everything I own is modified or custom. Gives me a rush as strong as any drug.

I hope you've no illusions of being alone on that bus? I'm known for taking stuff apart before trying it out.

Maybe we need a 12 step program? Wake me up if it's time to interview apprentices?
I think some of that drifted up here to Canada too.
Drives the wife crazy...:p

Makes sense, you did let some of those Draft Dodgers slip though a while back you know. Probably brought all sorts of nasty social diseases they got from the French with 'em too.

Not to worry about driving the wife crazy, it's a common complaint, lots of them try to use it. No basis in evolution though...... Maybe.

OF

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I was afraid this might come up about now..... How about 'the last one I used'? They're all great in their own different ways. I think T1 is the most flexible, even though it doesn't do bubble hash..... It is I think easier to control in subtle ways, it's the best way to sample new strains. I don't find the batteries to be an issue, in any of the cases really, since they all do a bowl per charge at least. The rest is logistics IMO.

Evolution is more tool like and works in a more narrow range. The 'fun to mess with' part of T1 yields to not having to stir. And it will do bubble. It's also a bit longer. And comes in two voltages.

The real question is what's best for you though, isn't it? It can, I think, be reduced to a couple of decision points. First off is the mess with it or take it out and rip aspect. I think, if I read you right, this eliminates T1. Now we're down to voltages. While I like the SV for faster heating, I think most guys would rather have a few more hits and a single larger battery. So, unless you already own some SV gear, I recommend the LV Evolution to you for the best fit for a vape you can fill, pull out of your pocket and hit a few times then put back in the pocket for later.

Since I'm not looking for that use, I'd cling to the T1 I think personally. Again, hard to go too far wrong with any of them.

OF

Thank you OF For your detailed breakdown...

Kuroth1,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I am leaning towards the TI now based on all the Info I got..

Two more questions, sorry.....

If I dont use fully packed loads in the TI, can I stir the load without opening it up? By shaking it and turning it in different directions etc? Kind of like how you do the MFLB...

I ask TV of any add-on's they really like for the T1and they emailed me back that they recommend the Smooth-Flow Filter add-on Anyone using this add-on? You Like it?

Thanks again for everyone's input.. Oh I Emailed TV back asking if they will have a 4th of July sale.. Will let you all know what they say..

Kuroth1,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I am leaning towards the TI now based on all the Info I got..

Two more questions, sorry.....

If I dont use fully packed loads in the TI, can I stir the load without opening it up? By shaking it and turning it in different directions etc? Kind of like how you do the MFLB...

I ask TV of any add-on's they really like for the T1and they emailed me back that they recommend the Smooth-Flow Filter add-on Anyone using this add-on? You Like it?

Thanks again for everyone's input.. Oh I Emailed TV back asking if they will have a 4th of July sale.. Will let you all know what they say..

You can loosen the cap almost all the way and shake it for a stir. Won't help if anything is "caking" to the side though. Smooth-flow. Get it. What it realistically is is a metal extension for the mouthpiece, with a small (ceramic?) inlaid ring in the middle that holds moisture. Simply pour water through just the smooth flow while attached to nothing (any amount literally) and then blow through it to get the last few drops of water out. The ring still retains moisture. It made a huge difference to me to use this. I don't use it without it since I don't see a single downside. Even if I don't have water around and use it dry it is nice as an extension. I think it works so well it should be bundled with the kit, but the extra cost isn't something they'd want to tack on since maybe not everyone agrees it is worth the money, yet I don't think there is anyone who can say it makes the experience any worse. The pure flow on the other hand I thought ruined my T1. I had to get rid of that. Better for a concentrate vape.

darkrom,
Reactions: OF

OF

Hey, what DR just said. He's what you might politely term a 'demanding user', IMO his experience based advice was hard won and very worthy of consideration. I second everything he says, even though I personally don't always use the PF or TF 'filters', I understand how other guys might find them differently. They are, IMO, well worth trying if you have issues they're intended to address.

On the topic in question, I like to mix my T1 up by rolling it. I loosen the cap as DR suggests then hold it horizontal and roll the whole unit so the herb tumbles like in a washing machine. Obviously, you need a less than packed fill. If the herb is moist (mine usually is) I dump it and break it up a time or two until it flows freely. I also find putting a fine SS screen (5/8 inch diameter) on top keeps junk from collecting around the holes in the cap and plugging them. The trick is to get a screen small enough to fit inside the rim so it doesn't get pinched when the cap is tightened.

BTW, I hope you worded the 'are you going to give us a great deal?' question carefully? Somewhat like asking a rancher how many cattle he's running, or if he plans to sell. They are under no obligation to do so of course and the manners I was taught make this a questionable question. I understand that's a hold over from the dark ages, but IMO the world ran better when respect and courtesy were not so rare as today. My Grandmother's morals please me more than the bulk of the younger folks I've met. Not meant as a criticism, just not my style I guess? I guess I'm sorry I brought the matter up.....I could have emailed them too.

Good luck with your unit, there are literally thousands of happy customers out there, come join the fun!

OF

OF,
Reactions: Bart

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Thanks DR and OF...

And yes OF I see what your saying... I did try and ask in a nice way.. They replied back(Really fast as they always do so far) that they usually know and announce ahead of time when a sale is coming and they have not heard anything on a 4th sale.. So I will Prod just use the FC code and order in the next few days...

On a side note.. OF do you work for TV(I mean this in a good way) Reason I ask is you are such a BIG help here at FC on the TV line on products that if they are not paying you, I hope they are at least sending you all their new items as they come out as a thank you and so you can post here about them as they come out..

Kuroth1,
Thanks DR and OF...

On a side note.. OF do you work for TV(I mean this in a good way) Reason I ask is you are such a BIG help here at FC on the TV line on products that if they are not paying you, I hope they are at least sending you all their new items as they come out as a thank you and so you can post here about them as they come out..

I'm pretty sure he works for them at this point. And by works for them I mean receives some kind of compensation (new products to test which he has stated) from the company.

Futuretvowner,

PB88123

Vaporist
I'm pretty sure he works for them at this point. And by works for them I mean receives some kind of compensation (new products to test which he has stated) from the company.

They did ask for people to e-mail them to be beta testers. Which is pretty cool I think.

PB88123,

Polmol

Alright so I used my Evo last night for the first time and I have yet to find the correct way to use it. I was able to produce visible vapour only once after inhaling like a motherfucker for 2 minutes. The experience wasn't really zen because of that. Help me! I know I'm doing something wrong because I remember someone in this thread who mentioned that he got such a huge hit that he almost passed out.

Help me pass out! :D

On a side note, even if i can't achieve massive hits, the TV is performing perfectly for my needs, since I bought it for stealth. The first subtle hit I got last night was practically odourless and invisible, but it got me high! I remember the first time I ever vaped, I put some herb in a mason jar, closed the lid and put it in the oven for 30 minutes! There wasn't any visible vapour but I was high and extremely pleased. LAst night was reminiscent of that first time.

Polmol,

Polmol

Holy cow, Haywood, you just completey altered my perception of this vape. I tried your method of warming up for the first "primer" hit and then keeping the slider on through the second hit, and I got a HUGE hit, about busted my lungs it was so powerful. This is well beyond anything I've been able to get thus far. It also gave me an instantaneous head rush from the size of the hit. Very nice.

I wondered how it would work using the same method with the cover, so I popped in a fresh battery with a fresh chamber and ran the same method. The results were definitely better than what I had been getting, but not as strong as what I got without the cover.

Just to be sure, I tried another fresh chamber but on the same battery this time without the cover, and I got a huge hit on the second draw again, much heavier than with the cover on, and this was on a partially drained battery. So there definitely does seem to be some loss with the cover, I guess still some air leakage even with the o-ring? Man, the sucker does get hot, though, and I was also getting some particulate through the stem. Maybe too fine a grind, though.

You have definitely given me a lot to play with here, though. Thank you!

how can you use the Evo without the cover? I assume you're using some type of screen and mod-mouthpiece? I want that headrush dude. :brow:

Polmol,
For beginners if you can't get any visible vapor I would recommend just holding the switch up for like 30-40 seconds the first time instead of like 15 until you start to get the hang of the airflow required.

Futuretvowner,
Reactions: Polmol

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Also, inhale slow and steady at first, let the heat build up inside the chamber, then as you get near the end of your hit, start inhaling with more intensity. Also make sure your O ring is seated on the last groove of the Evo bowl, and that the cap slides down over it, locking the cap in place, use a twisting motion to keep the O ring from rolling down. Keep being patient until you have some time invested in getting through the learning curve... :nod:

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Polmol
Top Bottom