Discontinued Thermovape Cera

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
No, Panasonic CGR18650CH. 2250 mAh, not to be confused with a similar numbered and popular Panasonic that's 2900 mAh.

OF

Don't scare me like that! :o

I didn't know there's a similarly-numbered 2900 mAh Panasonic and I just ordered a four-pack. Fortunately, they're the 2250 mAh version.

pakalolo,
Reactions: OF

bill

If it came back that way, send it straight back, it's not going to improve. Either the body is out of spec (unlikely if it worked before) or something has blocked the flow inside. I'm trying to visualize how that might be, perhaps a broken ring in the stack? I never built an EO core, only LL, but I've watched it being done. It's mighty tight in there. Perhaps debris at the very bottom, or the inner insulator washer broken?

Whatever, it's not right, I'd send it back.....common advice?

OF

SWEET! cant wait to not have my Cera for another week and spend more money sending it in for the third time. Best buy of the year(not):)

bill,

JoeKickass

AW 18650 2250?
I have some of these or should a buy a few more?

I like the 1600's, they are basically the hottest battery for a reasonable price. If you have two and charge after a sesh you don't notice their reduced lifespan, you only notice the core heats up faster and produces thicker clouds!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I like the 1600's, they are basically the hottest battery for a reasonable price. If you have two and charge after a sesh you don't notice their reduced lifespan, you only notice the core heats up faster and produces thicker clouds!
I can just use what I have then?

ataxian,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Anyone have any insight to my issue:) I just noticed that my LL core has become difficult to draw through. I have never cleaned it besides wiping it with an iso wipe. The mouthpiece flows fine and the holes in the body are all clear as well. Should I just deep clean it? Any input is greatly appreciated. I ordered another one for the heck of it because a spare is invaluable. Thanks guys and gals;)

Custom Flower Hardware,

OF

[quote="ShayWhiteGrow, post: 425195, member: 13328" The mouthpiece flows fine and the holes in the body are all clear as well. Should I just deep clean it? [/quote]

You can confirm it's the core buy removing it and seeing if you can draw the air normally or not.

I'd start with a boil out and ISO soak. If necessary poke a toothpick in the holes to clear any that are plugged?

OF

OF,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Thanks a bunch OF:tup: Gonna start reviewing the thread to see how long to boil. If you're online now can you give me a hint? :)

Custom Flower Hardware,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
20 minute iso soak, 20 minute boil, 20 minute iso soak

(some will forgo the second iso soak)

Zingbuddah,

OF

Thanks a bunch OF:tup: Gonna start reviewing the thread to see how long to boil. If you're online now can you give me a hint? :)
20 minute iso soak, 20 minute boil, 20 minute iso soak

(some will forgo the second iso soak)

You're welcome.

I'm not sure there's any hard a fast rules. I like to boil first since I find that get the most out fastest. 10 minutes is enough probably, nothing wrong with more. I ISO soak for maybe 10 minutes (I think that's what it was last time....) and like a short boil again, as it hslps make sure the ISO is all out.

LL cores can be hard to get dry inside, I've put them in the toaster oven at 225 with some success. Some guys just 'burn it out' with a battery, the noises scare me that way......

OF

OF,

Sonics420

For all the drip tip users....When you use drip tips on the EO core does it go into the core to the point its touching the sponge? Or just put it in halfway or somethin..

For some reason i keep getting splash back on my cap and its buggin me so i want to try drip tips

edit -typo was on phone

Sonics420,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
You're welcome.

I'm not sure there's any hard a fast rules. I like to boil first since I find that get the most out fastest. 10 minutes is enough probably, nothing wrong with more. I ISO soak for maybe 10 minutes (I think that's what it was last time....) and like a short boil again, as it hslps make sure the ISO is all out.

LL cores can be hard to get dry inside, I've put them in the toaster oven at 225 with some success. Some guys just 'burn it out' with a battery, the noises scare me that way......

OF

Thanks for all the input guys it seems to be working. I'll let it dry and test drive it tonight!

druminfected

I have the some 18650's 2000mAh, from my persei I'll have to give these a try and see how they work. :)

druminfected,

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Question-at what point do you clean your EO cart?

If it works OK, no issue drawing is it ok to tromp head or does one regularly do PM's and clean it?

PhotoRider,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I just did the Boil 15 min / iso 15 min / boil 15 min technique on the LL core and by the way I've been killing that thing since early Feb (5-10 times daily) and all I can say is WOW! :clap: This thing has it's brilliance back that it had when I first got it and the performance, well, INCREDIBLE!:bowdown: I am still stoked that I bought the extra LL core and batteries cause you can never have enough. I also have the EO core that I have been running heavy wax through since Feb and the thing still pumps! Will the same thing work on that or don't even bother? Wait ... What was I talkin about?? :ninja: :science:

PhotoRider

Wait ... What was I talkin about?? :ninja: :science:

Note to self: using your newly cleaned LL cart while typing on the internet can lead to temporary memory loss...

I seem to share that experience with a freshly loaded EO cart and a fresh battery. I look at it this way, its great because everything is new and fresh like I have never seen or done it before.

OF

I have the some 18650's 2000mAh, from my persei I'll have to give these a try and see how they work. :)

I've got one (and a pair of 1600s) I think you'll fine they do just fine in Cera like I did. Perhaps a tiny bit cooler than 'the factory' batteries, but I think they are better after the 'very best' guys have even a few hits on them.

I'd plan on lots of happy service to come from them. Good luck.

Question-at what point do you clean your EO cart?

If it works OK, no issue drawing is it ok to tromp head or does one regularly do PM's and clean it?

When I first started testing, I cleaned every time I turned around (like I did on Revolution/DART). Compulsively even. But it's a waste of time and concentrate IMO. You loose .25 or so of otherwise good concentrate each time, why waste it unless there's something wrong? I was under the mistaken impression that I was 'setting it up for the new strain', but in practice putting a new strain in over a different one almost completely changes over to the new stuff. "Last in, first out".

I just did the Boil 15 min / iso 15 min / boil 15 min technique on the LL core and by the way I've been killing that thing since early Feb (5-10 times daily) and all I can say is WOW! :clap: This thing has it's brilliance back that it had when I first got it and the performance, well, INCREDIBLE!:bowdown:

Great news! Thanks for passing the good word, glad you're back in the clouds where you belong.....

OF

NothingToSeeHere

Accessory Maker
Does anybody know if one of those hydratubes would work for Cera LL, assuming I could find an 18 MM -> 19.25 MM adapter?
IMG_20130711_171234_zps7fe96105.jpg

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vertigo-10-arm-tree-hydra-tube.10189/. Or they sell new ones at http://www.vapexhale.com/collections/hydratubes.

This could really condition the LL vapor nicely. I still find myself hacking a lot, perhaps because I'm using an open-flow mouthpiece.

NothingToSeeHere,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
18 is same as 19.5 so ur safe there.

if using the ceramic mp you can mate it up, but it might be awkward to hold.
if using the EO and WP adapter you'd probably be really stable.
i personally use my D9 Nibbler, which slides perfectly over the EO cart.

hope that helps!

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: toros23

PhotoRider

Does anybody know if one of those hydratubes would work for Cera LL, assuming I could find an 18 MM -> 19.25 MM adapter?

This could really condition the LL vapor nicely. I still find myself hacking a lot, perhaps because I'm using an open-flow mouthpiece.

If you go that route I bet you can have Oregonglassblower on ioffer.com do a 18mm male to the 19.25mm female adapter and reasonable also...

Bob - I think he wants a female joint to fit over the LL cart w/o the top on using the rubber seals. doesn't fit into a 18mm female or mine doesn't, but almost.

Top Bottom