Discontinued Thermovape Cera

JCat

Accessory Maker
I saw how the cera was labeled a "pen vape" lol.

It's unfair to the cera because they are much more portable but it's really unfair to the pen vapes because the cera is as powerful as 10 pen vapes!
I was thinking along the same lines ... pen vape? really? only if your idea of a pen is a massive permanent marker (the biggest one you've ever seen :lol:)

kingsleyke

They ask you to empty your pockets and hold the contents up in the air while they do the metal detecting wand, they asked what it was . I've been telling people that ask that cera is an electronic cigar, if I say it's an ecig people always say, " that's a huge ecig"
This kind of body scanner really troublesome. Once, my watch was magnetized by the hand held metal detector.

kingsleyke,

hanon

Can I buy an on/off switch for the Cera? Any suggestions? I have the essential oil one, and pressing the button is too awkward.

hanon,

hanon

will the CEO leak in my bag if it's upside down or sideways? Should I get a separate cap for it? any suggested accessories?

also, the battery jiggles around, is that normal?

PAZ

You guys know we have a rule about discussing moderator decisions, right?

(I asked about that myself...)

Well I see it more of a classification issue than a moderator decision. I don't mean to derail the thread, but how is the Cera considered a pen vape, yet something like the Inhalater isn't?

Sonics420

I am not sure if i have to send Cera in but 5 minutes of EO use and the MP is too hot to hit..you cant touch the cap at all.

Was wondering if this happens to anyone else? This happened to me before but now my Cera is laser welded.

Sonics420,
Reactions: Katysax

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
I am not sure if i have to send Cera in but 5 minutes of EO use and the MP is too hot to hit..you cant touch the cap at all.

Was wondering if this happens to anyone else? This happened to me before but now my Cera is laser welded.
what type of MP, the white one or the ceramic? If the latter yes it will. Never had the delcon plastic tip get hot.

TheRobbo

I saw how the cera was labeled a "pen vape" lol.

It's unfair to the cera because they are much more portable but it's really unfair to the pen vapes because the cera is as powerful as 10 pen vapes!

Think italmost deserves a classification of its own -- She is so much more than a pen vape, but on the other hand what other classification could hold her? -- I suggest something like Turbo Pen...

Ohhh there I go again letting on about what is going on in my head

R

OF

will the CEO leak in my bag if it's upside down or sideways? Should I get a separate cap for it? any suggested accessories?

also, the battery jiggles around, is that normal?

Depending on concentrate it can if there's a lot in there. No big deal as long as it doesn't get all over. As long as it's fully absorbed (like say .4 or .5 max?) it's like a damp sponge I think, no drips. If I'm going to be carrying it around I usually put a vinyl cap on the MP, not so much for leaks as to keep junk out of it. I bought a bag of them from McMaster-Carr a while back:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#vinyl-caps/=nstxfj

9753K16 being my favorite I think (I bought a couple sizes and use them for lots of things). At four bucks a hundred, a lifetime supply is cheap. You can also get caps for your MFLB batteries or Solo stems there (I did that too.....). Half inch size.

Yes, the battery rattles in the tube normally, they're not all the same size so the tube has to have a big hole. If it bothers you wrap a strip of paper around the battery. They can also get 'end shake' against the spring which is not real good as it can hammer the battery top in and maybe break the ceramic insulator in the cart, that is to be avoided. It's important to separate the two conditions, one calls for attention, the other is a nuisance.

OF

Tom Funk

Any coupons or deals to get the oil cart? I'm ready to pull the trigger and make my own oil finally.

Hey Darkrom,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but TET have said they will not be doing any discounts on the Cera. The reason being that they are cutting their profit margin as fine as they can (on the SS versions anyway).

By the way, are you planning on making the E-liquid with the Liquidizer, or will you just keep it as BHO?

TF

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've made some e liquid but I want to stick to purr bho for now. I'll order a stainless cera EO cart eventually. Just gotta get some bills settled then its finally my time to check out the oil offerings from ThermoVape :)

hanon

Thanks OF, I ordered 100 of them. Thankfully it doesn't jiggle vertically, I'll keep an eye on that.

On another note, any suggestions for a dedicated loading tool? Something to replace my paper clip.

hanon,
Reactions: OF

OF

Thanks OF, I ordered 100 of them. Thankfully it doesn't jiggle vertically, I'll keep an eye on that.

On another note, any suggestions for a dedicated loading tool? Something to replace my paper clip.

You're welcome. I assume you meant you ordered 100 caps, not 100 strips of paper.......

No big deal on vertical movement, just don't let things hammer each other. Guys have reported dented batteries amongst other results.

It depends on how you like to load. I often use the melt it off the probe with fire technique. A big needle with a handle (say a cork) is used to scoop out a dab on the free end. Then I heat the shank a bit back from that, warming the steel under the oil, the oil slides off as a gooey drop leaving the needle clean.

However, I usually use a cake decorator funnel like we used to use on Omicron carts. I flared the end out a bit with a round screwdriver blade so it stands up on the EO cart. I then scoop out the oil I want and spread it on the wall of the funnel. By weighing the vial before I start, I can load say .4 at a time if I want.

I then heat the core normally (with the switch) before I hit the funnel wall with Mister Lighter to load the load.

OF

Herbalist23

Just a quick question: What was the best charging rate for CGR18650CH and NCR18650PD batteries to store them for longer time again? (OF/Haywood)

TIA

Herbalist23

Herbalist23,

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
You're welcome. I assume you meant you ordered 100 caps, not 100 strips of paper.......

No big deal on vertical movement, just don't let things hammer each other. Guys have reported dented batteries amongst other results.

It depends on how you like to load. I often use the melt it off the probe with fire technique. A big needle with a handle (say a cork) is used to scoop out a dab on the free end. Then I heat the shank a bit back from that, warming the steel under the oil, the oil slides off as a gooey drop leaving the needle clean.

However, I usually use a cake decorator funnel like we used to use on Omicron carts. I flared the end out a bit with a round screwdriver blade so it stands up on the EO cart. I then scoop out the oil I want and spread it on the wall of the funnel. By weighing the vial before I start, I can load say .4 at a time if I want.

I then heat the core normally (with the switch) before I hit the funnel wall with Mister Lighter to load the load.

OF
Awesome, out to get that funnel. Sounds like a great thing to try :)

PhotoRider,
Reactions: OF

OF

Awesome, out to get that funnel. Sounds like a great thing to try :)

Cool. I recommend the Wilton #10, about a buck. Despite the looks, it's plated brass and is easy to 'roll out' on a round shaft to give a section with parallel sides to hug the walls of the bore the drip tip fits into.

FWIW I use a similar (but slightly different size??) one to load Omicron carts (plug the tube with the end of a round toothpick). It's much thinner than the D9 loading tool, more responsive and easier to control the heat through. I drop them in a little zip lock bag (like you get medicine in) for use next time.

No sorry, I meant on which current I should store them(IIRC it was 3.6V???), not the charging rate to charge them!:doh:

The general advice is to store them at 'half to 2/3 charge' so 3.6 is fine, a bit higher might be a little better?

You want to avoid fully charged or deeply discharged.

OF

Herbalist23

The general advice is to store them at 'half to 2/3 charge' so 3.6 is fine, a bit higher might be a little better?

You want to avoid fully charged or deeply discharged.

OF[/quote]
Thanks OF, your help is appreciated:).

BTW, how much is a bit higher, 3.65V-3.7V, and why is it better?

TIA again

Herbalist23

Herbalist23,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

The little glass rod that comes with the dabbler or the mini loading tool for the microG pen. Not sue if you can just order the dabbler tool but the microG one is on grencoscience for $5 i believe or you can buy one on a keychain which really comes in handy thats also on grenco but not sure how much it costs

Cool. I recommend the Wilton #10, about a buck. Despite the looks, it's plated brass and is easy to 'roll out' on a round shaft to give a section with parallel sides to hug the walls of the bore the drip tip fits into.

FWIW I use a similar (but slightly different size??) one to load Omicron carts (plug the tube with the end of a round toothpick). It's much thinner than the D9 loading tool, more responsive and easier to control the heat through.

OF
Hey did you ever bring up that plunger loader idea thing with TV. havent seen anything since you mentioned it...

Mynameismud,

OF

Thanks OF, your help is appreciated:).

BTW, how much is a bit higher, 3.65V-3.7V, and why is it better?

You're welcome.

I shoot for 3.9 or so myself, the self discharge is higher, but there's more charge total so the time is longer. Long times at near full charge can lower total capacity (as opposed to shortening the total numbers of cycles) as I understand. The general compromise advice I gave above. I tend to think we kill these guys off young anyway with heat, high currents and overdischarges anyway, but why make that list longer?

Hey did you ever bring up that plunger loader idea thing with TV. havent seen anything since you mentioned it...

Yup, sure did. I suspect it's on the list sometime after thread adapters? Hopefully someone else will take up the cause, a couple of guys have shown some interest in fact. Let's give the idea a bit of time to grow.....unless you want to have a go at it? Glad to give you the same advice......

OF

Top Bottom