Discontinued Thermovape Cera

OF

I'm sure this is my fault from not being gentle enough dabbing/scraping the concentrate in but I really didn't think I was being that rough :(

They are still working ok (with the 2 pieces of plate floating around in each) ... but is it still safe to use this way? Are there any dangers apart from the plates falling out which would get trapped by the MP anyways ... What about using without the plate? What issues will I have there except less ceramic for the concentrate to absorb into?

I'm not sure you should be in a huge rush to take all the credit, but those plates are pretty frail as you've figured out. They're thin and 'foam like' in addition to being brittle. I make it a habit to not touch mine unless I have to (you need to doing bubble hash in Revolution/DART for instance. In such cases I use a wooden toothpick and lots of care.

Most if not all top plates are loose when the core is clean and dry. They have to 'float' so they can expand and contract. Each is carefully fitted in assembly (they start a bit longer than the hole is wide).

I see no reason not to use them because the plates are cracked. Even missing it is OK but I'd get the plates replaced. Not only for production (most of the initial part of a session comes from here as I understand it) but for capacity and to keep junk out.

Bummer your getting charged more duty, that can't be covered by paperwork? I once worked at a place that had international customers. We had a different invoice form for service returns (it said so at the top). There were blanks for 'original PO number' and 'original ship date'. Often the numbers we'd put in there were accurate.....sometimes not so. Customs, of course, had no way to verify. I hand carried some through customs into China (no tourists at the time). My service spares really got taken to bits and signed in and out (along with listings of watches, radios, calculators, electric fans and sewing machines if you can believe it.....lucky I left my fans and sewing machine home). The returns in the envelopes with the special paperwork got a pass. I also left a few key spares (used) with the last stop. They gave me a letter in English and Chinese (did you know the two spoken languages there have the same written version? Guys that can't understand each other (literallly) can write to each other, you'd see folks drawing characters on their hands or in the dirt.....), very flowing stuff about how I'd kindly contributed to the People's Training Academy and so on. I got a pass then on those parts but still had 'the silver suitcase' with 30 or so more circuit boards in it. To save face, the customs man demanded to see one of the boards he slected at random, so I handed him one at random which he looked over and handed back. The next nearest guy who could have ID'd the board was a LONG way away. Sorry to ramble, but it's a fun memory and points to the idea that customs guys often run on routine and don't understand what is happening.

My major concern is the heat issue. That could get worse and stall the fun. How old is your unit? If it's old enough to be the original crimped and conductive epoxy version I think you'll want to get it upgraded before it checks out at some inopportune time? You can work around a switch failure for a while, but if the strap connection goes you're basically dead unless you want to resort to some of the temporary schemes I've shown. I think I'd try to figure if it's the switch or strap (by where the heat first shows and where it's hotter).

Good luck with it.

OF

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
You can run the EO core without the top plate, it is just more likely to spatter if not absorbed well enough into the ceramic cylinder around the heating coil. Cycle to where it will absorb and not vape off right away, it is a little more sensitive as you could imagine but basically the same process. Functions the same just a little less capacity. There have been a few of us who limped around for a while without too much trouble as I recall :2c:

I also concur with OF yet again with regards to the strap. A month or so back my switch got real hot and the spring collapsed, I just waited for it to cool down and stretched it back out and am still running, although now when it discharges inappropriately it seems up near the top collar as the ceramic gets ridiculously warm in that area. Obviously this is outside of the normal and I am "lucky" in this regard, usually from what I have heard this failure is generally a one-time coffin inducing scenario for the body unit.

Sooner rather than later I am going to send it in with the plateless EO core as soon as I can borrow a backup "interface" & core for a week. Then I should probably order another EO core to ship back with the replacement just to be safe :D

It would be very interesting to know how many operational minutes have been logged on this unit, although obviously it does not warrant any extra complications, I am just personally curious and it would stand as excellent testimony. It is one of the first gen that OF speaks of with crimp and epoxy, and I went through the dome switches, etc - I have literally had every failure possible out of the gate.

Long story short it has been worth everything even considering the hiccups. It has been in my hands replacing all forms of combustion since February 1st of this year, so that is 3.5 solid months of performance day in and day out. Literally the longest periods of inactivity it sees are when it is parked with all the goodies and I am asleep for 8 hours, otherwise it's getting hit up every hour at the minimum.

Obviously I personally support TET products, if nothing else my physical health improvement over the last year has been reflected with every investment in their product line. Nothing is perfect. Everything is constantly changing into something else. Be grateful for the opportunities you have to invest in yourself through American made products with good warranties and direct support.

Speaking of, the LQ Cart & Johnson Creek Vanda is pretty much the greatest. I've tried almost all their juices now and even those listed with similar "vapor production" ratings do not really compare to the Vanda in terms of operating performance. Clouds, sweet heavenly billowing clouds of creamy vanilla. Sip some cold brewed ice coffee on top of that. Oh lawd :bowdown: Instead of being a disgusting inconvenience to all around me, they now say "goddamnit stop using that thing, it is making me hungry it smells so goooood" :lol:

I can't even drive behind someone in traffic who is smoking now, and I mean like three car lengths back. I used to smoke a pack a day. What happened to me? THERMOVAPE :spidey:

Tweek

...Pretty sure I'm going to have to send them both in for repair .... or maybe just the one and they can ship me a spare plate for the other since it works ok apart from that? ... that being said my switch and the body near the bottom of the switch occasionally get pretty warm too so it might be worth just sending the whole thing in ... I'm just a little afraid too as every package I've received from TET has been opened by customs, and I've been charged duty every time (My last repair back from VXL I got charged duty for something I had previously already bought!!!!! I got charged duty on it when they shipped the repaired Cloud back!!!!). I've also received pretty banged up packages back from TET so am pretty concerned about sending my precious Cera in as the EO cores have really become a staple way for me to medicate quickly when I don't have the time to sit down for a full herb session.

... sigh ... 1st world problems anyways ... oh well ... maybe I should bite the bullet and send the whole darn thing in ... but that will probably mean weeks without.

You can send the customs form in to receive a refund if you were charged duty on a warranty repair. It's pretty easy to do and they almost always give the refund.

OF

Long story short it has been worth everything even considering the hiccups. It has been in my hands replacing all forms of combustion since February 1st of this year, so that is 3.5 solid months of performance day in and day out. Literally the longest periods of inactivity it sees are when it is parked with all the goodies and I am asleep for 8 hours, otherwise it's getting hit up every hour at the minimum.

Obviously I personally support TET products, if nothing else my physical health improvement over the last year has been reflected with every investment in their product line. Nothing is perfect. Everything is constantly changing into something else. Be grateful for the opportunities you have to invest in yourself through American made products with good warranties and direct support.

Wow! That's some serious duty for sure, very impressive....both man and machine. 3 hours out of four for 100 plus days straight? You got you're money's worth so far I think. And lots of good miles left no doubt, maybe with a tune up or two.

What you say about the health return is so true. You can't easily put a dollar value on that, but I have a tough time seeing how you'd end up with 'buyer's remorse'. As you say, the 'Yankee made' part is a clear bonus, precious little is these days.

OF

Breathemetal

Where's my mini?!

Im kidding...I would be just as happy with a regular sized Cera ha!
Now that I have my daily driver home vape (ssv) I can start looking into a portable to replace my mflb and vb2...they just don't cut it anymore for me.

The Cera EO looks like the best option for me to choose as I prefer wax and have a lot of crumbly blonde bho at the ready.
My question is are they intending to do any more major tweaks any time soon?

Breathemetal,

Hempster42Zero

Boy, trying to find a good PV without any knowledge on the subject was quite difficult, to say the least. Then I found FC. I had already bought a eGo Twist, 510 to m601 adapter, Omicron carts, & a Kanger ProTank(for E-Liq) before coming here. This is the go to site to get some top notch information on the subject for sure. So glad I found it. Will definitely be spreading the word about FC.

Was thinking of getting a Persei or maybe an Atmos, then after coming here I believe I've made my choice. Read mixed things here about the the Atmos, and I don't really like filling the Omicron carts through those tinny slots.(Arthritis) I'll be getting the SS TV Cera Essential Oil. Oh yeah!!! Just got to save some of my fixed income then it's on. I'll hopefully get a LL later to try as well.

I just got to say thanks to all on here for the great advice... Bravo!:clap:

(esp. OF... sorry for not mentioning everyone, but you know who you are... lol)

Boy, trying to find a good PV without any knowledge on the subject was quite difficult, to say the least. Then I found FC. I had already bought a eGo Twist, 510 to m601 adapter, Omicron carts, & a Kanger ProTank(for E-Liq) before coming here. This is the go to site to get some top notch information on the subject for sure. So glad I found it. Will definitely be spreading the word about FC.

Was thinking of getting a Persei or maybe an Atmos, then after coming here I believe I've made my choice. Read mixed things here about the the Atmos, and I don't really like filling the Omicron carts through those tinny slots.(Arthritis) I'll be getting the SS TV Cera Essential Oil. Oh yeah!!! Just got to save some of my fixed income then it's on. I'll hopefully get a LL later to try as well.

I just got to say thanks to all on here for the great advice... Bravo!:clap:

(esp. OF... sorry for not mentioning everyone, but you know who you are... lol)
Welcome to the club Hempster! Please let us know how you and Cera are getting along,any and all input is appreciated,that's what makes FC so cool. I think you're going to like it around here.:)

Delphi

I'm sure this is my fault from not being gentle enough dabbing/scraping the concentrate in but I really didn't think I was being that rough :(

I load my EO like BLAZING OG did in his video 2 pages back.....only difference is I used a blue jet flame and held it next to the dabber over the cart, it just slides off into the cart, no need to touch anything inside the cart.

OF

Welcome to the club Hempster! Please let us know how you and Cera are getting along,any and all input is appreciated,that's what makes FC so cool. I think you're going to like it around here.:)

Hey, what the man just said! Tasty choice, IMO, I'm sure you'll like it. We're not really making this up. Well, maybe some of it...... Good folks, great product, excellent company; what's not to like? Not perfect, but IMO the machine to beat.

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName

NothingToSeeHere

Accessory Maker
Keepin my fingers crossed for those custom MP's from nothingtooseehere!:bowdown:
I was told they would be shipped within 10 days, which means they should be in the mail by Tuesday (21st). Just yesterday I received a shipment of ceramic screens and by Monday I'll have all of the O-rings. Everything is coming together nicely

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I was told they would be shipped within 10 days, which means they should be in the mail by Tuesday (21st). Just yesterday I received a shipment of ceramic screens and by Monday I'll have all of the O-rings. Everything is coming together nicely
YESS!! So looking forward to it! Sometimes I think of Inspector Gadget when it comes to my Cera, go go gadget WooWee! :D

iamn3ko

Wait what are the o rings for?

iamn3ko,

NothingToSeeHere

Accessory Maker
Wait what are the o rings for?
You have to swap out the top two O-rings on your cart for the new MP to fit properly. The carts are exactly 19.05 MM in diameter. The manufacturer of the custom mouthpieces has a manufacturing tolerance of +-.2 MM. I asked them to make it 19.25 MM, so if it's -.2 MM it won't be too small. They made them exactly 19.25 MM so the slightly larger O-ring takes up the .2 MM slack. The O-rings are the best available on the market. I think they're what TET uses

Hempster42Zero

Kudos on the design! I will want one as well because, with that attached, it wont look like a vibrator as much, IMO... lol

To anyone: :wave:
Is there any way I can purchase a cera in pieces? :hmm: IE. Body then Core etc... or is a package deal? That way I might be able to get one a little sooner. I just want one of these so bad... :rofl:

Hempster42Zero,

OF

Kudos on the design! I will want one as well because, with that attached, it wont look like a vibrator as much, IMO... lol

Is there any way I can purchase a cera in pieces? :hmm: IE. Body then Core etc... or is a package deal? That way I might be able to get one a little sooner. I just want one of these so bad... :rofl:

You could always glue fins on the tail cap and paint USAF sideways on the body and claim it's a model space ship?

You can buy carts, switches (I think), spare MPs and so on, but I think the only way to buy the body is as a complete unit. That may change when the Mini comes on line since there's a chance guys will want to add the smaller, lighter (?) body if it uses the same carts and batteries they already have.

Then again, TV has a history of being very open to this sort of thing and very 'cost neutral'. I'd suggest contacting Zeki and asking if you're really interested, he's the guy who knows or can find out.

OF

timmahsan

treEnt
timmahsan,

timmahsan

treEnt
Ah, they never gave me an o-ring pack with my order, just the included silicon sleeve. Must have been an extra. You wouldn't happen to have a source for multiple quantities of that?

timmahsan,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!

Like OF said ,I dont think the body alone is an option, but if your good with tinkering some member's built themselves a mini cera copper body out of plumbing parts & A 3/8TH'S HEX NUT WITH A 24 THREAD PER INCH(TPI).............All you would need is a battery and a cera core and youd be in the action till you can order a whole kit!!:science:

Breathemetal

Like OF said ,I dont think the body alone is an option, but if your good with tinkering some member's built themselves a mini cera copper body out of plumbing parts & A 3/8TH'S HEX NUT WITH A 24 THREAD PER INCH(TPI).............All you would need is a battery and a cera core and youd be in the action till you can order a whole kit!!:science:

Ohhh man!

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Anyone tried using Thermovapes' Cera with a vapor curve?

worked-n3rd-vapor-curve-14mm-45-degree-1d70.JPG

It would eminiate having to hold the Cera upside down and as long as the MP fits and your not jamming the MP into the curve it should be golden?
Just brainstorming before I commit as I'd like to use Cera with a Bubbler.
Anyone with experience on this topic?

VapoRoor,
Top Bottom