Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Vakas

Anyone here in NOVA with cera? I would like to get one locally and would appreciate if you can tell me where. Thanks

Vakas,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Anyone here in NOVA with cera? I would like to get one locally and would appreciate if you can tell me where. Thanks
You can't get them through any provider except for ThermoVape. If you find one for sale, it's probably from someone and not a headshop.

Quetzalcoatl,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Hey Haywood, I think you need to put these links in your signature..lol

Was wondering your take on the Samsung ICR18650CH cells?
I have both Panasonic CGR18650CH and Samsung ICR18650CH cells. Both perform excellent but I notice the Panasonic cell gets hotter under extreme load compared to the Samsung indicating the Samsung might have a lower internal resistance. Just an observation. I bet your can explain better.
;)
EDIT: Note: I have no PD cells to compare.
argh! I just managed to delete a wonderfully huge answer. sigh; doing it again.

I know what you mean, though I really don't want to be known as "mr. battery". Not as bad as some of the things that OF's been called, but still... Since I still don't have a Cera, waiting for TET to get around to making a Cera core to 510 socket adapter, about the only way I've been able to contribute to this thread is about battery stuff. In the mean while I've been playing with variable voltage/wattage mods, and all manner of weird e-juice atomizers, cartomizers, clearomizers, and other strangely named devices. If nothing else, it gives one a new appreciation how well thought out and constructed the TET stuff has been. More importantly, it has been very helpful in aiding me in trying to quit smoking cigarettes. I've cut down my cigarette smoking by 50%. Here's some e-juice babel for you to enjoy: "Next I'd like to try the 12% nic, 70/30 mix, pear-melon combo. Puff, puff, puff. Wow, nice throat hit at 4.3V into the 2.0Ω atty, and not nearly as sweet as I expected! I'll take 30ml please."

:)

I have zero experience with the Samsung ICR18650CH cell. My usual battery test site in Denmark doesn't have it listed, and a Google search turns up very little of use. I presume it's NOT the 4.35V battery Samsung makes, but a standard 4.2V cell. There's a Samsung battery that's sold with the E-Vic kit that gets very good reviews; it has a light purple wrap from the factory. I also seem to recall that Panasonic and Samsung are sharing some of their battery technology with each other. In any case, other than perhaps a bad mechanical connection to the contacts in your Cera at the top or bottom of the battery, about the only thing that would effect the battery heating is its internal resistance. Haven't checked to see what the Samsung's cost though. The Panasonic CGR18650CH has a lower internal resistance than the PD, fwiw.

Edit: Shudda checked fasttech rather than Google for this, I guess. There are apparently a bunch of Samsung ICR18650CH batteries, with different designators after the ICR18650CH part. Here's a link to all of them on the fasttech sight. Not sure which one you have, but they're all available for pretty reasonable prices ($10-$15 a pair). The purple wrapped one is the -26 (for 2600mAh). All of them are available in protected and unprotected versions. So if you love them, and you want more, you can get them cheaply at fasttech. The usual warning applies to the different Samsung batteries (the same warning as applies to the different Panasonics) that the different versions are probably suitable for different uses, and the one that has the highest mAh rating is probably NOT the best one for high current (Cera) devices. The one I've read good reviews for is the lowest capacity Samsung ICR18650CH at 2600mAh. I'll guess the 2800mAh and 3000mAh versions (-28 and -30) are better for flashlights...

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Sorry my bad, the Samsung is a ICR18650-22PM which is the battery FV sells as per Flashes post here in the Flashvapes thread. I don't see it at Fasttech. Was just wondering and I knew Mr. Battery would give some insight. hehe
Been into the ejuice as well and actually waiting on a Nemesis....mmmmm Starting to really like the genesis running ULR (ultra low resistance). Really brings out the flavor when setup correctly. Your 1/2 way quit, go for the other half. Good stuff.

iamn3ko

Anyone have any input on if magnets are bad to be around the Cera? Reason being is that I have small magnets that hold up all my dabbers, and I normally tend to lean my Cera next to them. But I'm not sure if the tiny magnets could affect it or not...?

The Cera is not being held on my magnets, they are glued to a board, and the Cera sits on a small shelf below that, pretty close to the magnets.

iamn3ko,
Reactions: OF

aj0125

So I finally got my card renewed and am looking forward to visiting some dispensaries tomorrow to find something good to test my EO core. I was wondering what kind of concentrate do you guys prefer to vape in the Cera EO? I have used some oil and wax in the past with my dart but I am somewhat of a concentrate novice. What are the basic differences between all these different kinds of concentrates on the dispensary menus: oil, wax, shatter, honeycomb, and more? Thanks.

Also, if anyone in the Portland metro area has any suggestions on a specific dispensary to go to for high quality flowers and/or concentrates, I would appreciate a PM.

aj0125,
Reactions: OF

toros23

also go down to your local plumbing supplies and see if they have any flexible gas pipe, it usually ships with a small plastic cap on the end of the lengths and the one off the 1in fits perfectly over the switch. Then just put something in the cap to press the button and you have a latching switch.

FYI - If he got the clear tube, then the black cap on the bottom can be used the same way. It is a perfect fit around the bottom of the Cera. : )

toros23,
Reactions: TheRobbo

OF

Anyone have any input on if magnets are bad to be around the Cera?

No concerns I can see, I wouldn't worry.

I was wondering what kind of concentrate do you guys prefer to vape in the Cera EO? I have used some oil and wax in the past with my dart but I am somewhat of a concentrate novice.

In general, go for the lighter colored ones. Thicker is often better. Avoid 'full melts' and similar. Most "supermelts" seem OK but oils, waxes, budders, and shatters generally work fine. The differences there being largely a matter of how solid, some of it artificial in that it's 'whipped' in process meaning it changes back to an oil when melted. I'd avoid taffies you don't know about, some have given problems.

There's also an argument in favor of high THC content. Not only because it's more of the good stuff, but because there's also less of other stuff that might cause problems.

Remember to weight it empty, then add half a gram and melt it into the ceramic well before trying to vape. I like to keep mine from .25 to .75 grams over dry.

I bought mine at a shop, please dont spread false information

You bought a SS Cera in a shop? Last I asked TV had no intention of selling SS units through distributors, only Ti ones and very few of them really. Since the OP was asking where in Nova Scotia he could buy one (I assume SS?), did you have a suggestion more useful than Q mans? I"m sure it'd be welcome.

OF

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I've been working on Cera's Vaporpedia page some more. It's still a bit of a mess but I've cleaned it up some. I'm trying to get more up-to-date information posted since most of the page was written before many units had shipped. Feedback and edits are most welcome! I added links to some of Haywood's excellent posts in the battery section; if anyone else can recall any other "superstar posts" that could be linked or mined for info, let me know.

So, like OF, I'm waiting to hear from those of you that are having trouble with combusting in a Cera LL core. Have you tried hand crumbling your load instead of grinding it, and if so, did that help to prevent combusting?
I've had the chance to test running with a chunkier grind for a few days now, and haven't had a single combustion incident. Looking good!! It's like falling in love with the LL cart all over again.

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
That's great news. I kinda suspected the combustion could be due to a super fine grind letting some of the load fall through the LL holes into the oven, with subsequent hits bringing the glowing bits back into the bowl and helping to combust the bottom of the load.

Have you found any downside to the chunkier grind? Any less extraction?

Haywood,

Herbalist23

Hey everyone, its kind of a struggle to me to read about all the fun and experimenting with your cera's, but also nice and interesting though!
My cera seems to be still in NY (since may 12!!!) after its beeing send back by the customs.
Did anyone of you have experience of how long it usualy take to ship a parcel via USPS from the eastcost to the westcost, like I said the tracking number still show may 12, so its 7 days now!?
Maybe I should mail Zeki again if he could check where the parcel is right now?

However, if my cera will come to me one day I'm in high cotton (like OF said), yesterday I purchased again
2 of the CGR18650CH, 2 PD and couldn'd resist to purchase the VP1 charger, so I'm well prepared !!!

OF

Thanks for the info. How much over dry will the cart hold before leaking?

It depends some on the concentrate, of course, and how you hit it. I find half a gram usually pretty safe. Within reason I think plugging the vents is an issue before leaks are usually. That's what I watch for. If I'm controlling heat well and find it plugged when I pick it up again cold I slack off some. No sense cooking stuff and going slow.

I think in a world without scales guys would still learn 'by feel', but we have instruments to make that easier?

Hey everyone, its kind of a struggle to me to read about all the fun and experimenting with your cera's, but also nice and interesting though!
My cera seems to be still in NY (since may 12!!!) after its beeing send back by the customs.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that, I've had stuff still show 'stuck in customs' after it was delivered to me. I strongly suspect they don't really care?

Time for faith, perhaps?

Good luck.

OF

darkrom

Great Scott!
What a piece of sh*t.

The first time it broke was 48 hrs of light use. Some of y'all remember my rant and brilliantly replied "Hey it works good when it works at least, right?".

Now one week after receipt it is broken again.

DARKROM what warranty return are you on, 4 or 5?? And you NEED it for PAIN relief, right? I bet your glad you kept you Pax huh?

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, IT IS CLEARLY A PROTOTYPE.

Im convinced that the 3-4 hype fanboys on this thread are Thermovape employee plants and I made a HUGE mistake having these posts influence my purchasing decision.

So here I am chasing $65/gram shatter on TIN FOIL because my $250 state-of-the-art vape cant last more than a week.

A week of pampered, babied use, non the less.

I dont care how "nice" this "Zeki" guy is. At this point I will be demanding a refund and begin the credit card complaint process.

I didnt want to sell the damn thing because I didnt want to ruin a 100% eBay feedback score. I am glad I didnt.

READ THROUGH THESE POSTS CAREFULLY THOSE WHO ARE THINKING OF PURCHASING.

I am looking forward to posting my reviews on this product where I can....

I disagree with just about everything said. To be clear I sent the cera back 2 total times. The first time was the battery tube. After talking to Zeki it is my understanding that it was repaird with solder and sent back. THIS TIME I am getting the new laser welded battery tube.

I sent the pax back once, so realistically this was only one more time than the pax, and the vape itself is MUCH better.

According to my tracking info I BELIEVE I should be getting my cera today. If you want to accuse people of being fan boys, add me to the list for now. I've got nothing bad to say other than that was some bad luck on the battery tube, but it makes more sense if the one I got back was never laser welded. This time it shouldn't fail. Yes I'll be upset if it dies a third time, but I'm pretty hopeful.

The product isn't shit, they just fixed it. Same thing with the pax. They had to first revise the mouthpiece, then they retextured the actual body of the pax, then they started shipping it with PG lube that many say is basically NEEDED for it to function correctly. I've had minor issues with EVERY portable I've ever used. Nature of the game I suppose. On thing that stands true is that the 2 portables I've liked the most are the T1, and the Cera.

The ONLY thermovape product I wasn't crazy about was the evolution, and that simply wasn't a product I should have bought. It just was not the kind of vape well suited for me. That being said the evolution functioned 100% successfully as designed, but was not the right product for me.

We get that you hate your cera. Sell it on the forums here, get Tim or someone to just say that the warranty will transfer to the new owner, and everyone will be happy. You hate the cera and we understand this, so get rid of it and move on to something you like.

TheRobbo

I have first hand experience with this when Cera was on her way to me, I couldn't help checking the tracking what felt like every 10 seconds as if some how this was going to magically speed up delivery... Well it did cause after I think the 2nd or 3rd day in customs she miraculously turned up at my door while still showing being molested by 'the man'

I think a lot of the time even though a package gets processed they some times seem to bypass the scanner that updates the tracking system, happens quite often to me.

R

TheRobbo,

OF

After talking to Zeki it is my understanding that it was repaird with solder and sent back. THIS TIME I am getting the new laser welded battery tube.

This time it shouldn't fail. Yes I'll be upset if it dies a third time, but I'm pretty hopeful.

I think those are all true statements one at a time, but not linked together?

Reading it one way it says 'it shouldn't fail since this time it's laser welded'? AFAIK there have been no failures of solder connections. None, I asked. There were lots of connection problems before, on both ends of the strap for different reasons, but the soldering technique stopped that one in it's tracks at the expense of a lot of labor and a new set of failures related to the metal strap itself (not the connections at it's ends) failing at the top end.

We specifically discussed upgrading the Beta unit I have and agreed that as long as it was OK the welded one was no advantage, mine came back home unchanged.

Time will tell, of course. TV will no doubt track it. But I don't think there was a connection reliability problem with the soldered connections to fix. They will be easier to build and more consistent (good reasons to switch the manufacturing).

OF

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
You bought a SS Cera in a shop? Last I asked TV had no intention of selling SS units through distributors, only Ti ones and very few of them really. Since the OP was asking where in Nova Scotia he could buy one (I assume SS?), did you have a suggestion more useful than Q mans? I"m sure it'd be welcome.

OF
I'm not sure why you assumed the Op or I were talking about SS?
I saw no mention of SS or Ti in his post.
He clearly stated "Ceras are not for sale in head shops"
I got mine at a head shop, that is all.

Not my fault ThermoVape said they weren't going to sell through distributors and only through themselves.
And actually if you would have stayed current on this forum you would have also read someone else saying the same exact thing about shops not selling Ceras. They do sell the Ti versions. I'm sorry you were mis informed

Soflo,

OF

I'm not sure why you assumed the Op or I were talking about SS?
I saw no mention of SS or Ti in his post.
He clearly stated "Ceras are not for sale in head shops"
I got mine at a head shop, that is all.

Well, I assumed the average guy wanted a SS unit, over 90% do last I asked. And said as much? IMO a safe bet. You I asked, right? I assume you're talking about Ti if you bought it in a LHS, which is why I asked. As I understand it only a couple of guys total (out of 4 or 500?) got theirs that way. Given the total number of shops around a guy could grow old going from one to the next.

From what we know the guy would have to go from Nova to Florida? Close enough to 'doesn't happen' for many I'd say? And when he finally got there, they wouldn't have a SS one?

I think the Q man's advice is more useful, even if yours is more accurate in absolute terms. It may change, but for now if you want a Cera the factory is your best bet most likely. For sure, call before you drive over?
OF

OF,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Aren't shops allowed to purchase retail and then mark-up? Maybe that is what they did or maybe they just did it and bought one or two just to have a variety. That doesn't mean LHS are buying wholesale and then selling retail which is the case when shops "sell vapes or products". They are in it to make money and need a way to get you in the shop. Just a thought or a guess because I have no idea and this is actually a who cares thing that took up a bunch of posts for no reason just like mine which I hope ends it.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
That's great news. I kinda suspected the combustion could be due to a super fine grind letting some of the load fall through the LL holes into the oven, with subsequent hits bringing the glowing bits back into the bowl and helping to combust the bottom of the load.

Have you found any downside to the chunkier grind? Any less extraction?
The chunks are coming out a little darker on one side, but I've been putting real big pieces in there to see how far the convection could take me, and the answer seems to be "pretty far". Big pieces of not-fully-cured bud aren't giving me any trouble in regards to vapor production, and both flavor and vapor seem to last a real long time. I don't think thorough extraction is something to worry about too much here. I'm feeling confident that once I get my cure right I'll be able to settle with a loose, medium sort of grind and have things cook a little more evenly.

I think the weeks I spent trying to extract goodness from ABV may have given me a little boost in figuring out how to finesse vapor production… Looking back now, it's hard to take the CLL doubt that I and others have experienced and reconcile it with what I'm holding in my hand today. For my usage case, this vape is revolutionary. Wiping down the inside of the bowl and MP with some bud to pick up the resin, and then tossing that bud right into the bowl and letting convection do its thing: it works really well. That alone is offering more usage for every buck spent on bud. Most of my reclaim oil that was previously making its resting place in the wood interior of the MLFB or in a silicone whip is now getting easily recycled back into the flow. Even reclaim oil inside LB stems isn't safe, ever since I realized I could easily vape that out with the Cera.

When I take together all my favorite things about the CLL, I find it hard to compare to other vapes. Vapor production, flavor delivery, cooling and smoothing of the vapor, total clean-ability, material longevity, user battery replacement, portability, efficiency, convection, usability with solid concentrates… All systems are go, friends. The one vape I can think of that comes closest to hitting most of these points is the FlashVape. There, as I see it, you're losing out on Cera's mouthpiece, some portability, and the CLL's reclaim collection that I talk about so much. The FV should have similar clean-ability, though it's hard to beat all-ceramic for ease of cleaning, and the smaller size gives less to clean.

If oils are in your life at all, then that comparison falls apart seeing as the Cera is a gateway to different worlds of vaporization, and any serious oil user is going to want the Cera anyway… You can start looking at the $400 for both the CLL and CEO as $200 each for two top-of-the-line vapes, or $300 for the oil vape you've gotta have anyways plus a measly $100 for IMO the best portable flower solution to-date… Looks like the bang lies in the buck either way. Who knows, maybe one day FV will come out with a game-changing concentrate attachment. I wouldn't put it past them!

I think the draw is already clear for the oil crowd though, so no need to go on about that. I really think the CLL should be on everyone's portable vape radar, especially people new to vaporizing who haven't already invested in other portable solutions.

Anybody else who would still like to see this thread split up into CLL and CEO threads? A can of worms, maybe, and probably a pain in the ass depending on how it would be done, but it seems appropriate.

Alright, that's all for now, folks. I think I've rambled long enough!

GR

Cera is back after a long wait!

LL gave me two great bowls using the advanced technique, the third one I did combust but that was entirely my doing since I packed super tight and laid on the power for awhile while I pulled really hard. Now I know what not to do, lol. The best part is it is working like I expected it to and was not having any luck making that happen before. I don't know what changed but I am happy, the two successful bowls gave me medium sized satisfying vapor that was darn tasty.

The EO worked fine before but I sent it in anyway for checking and rebuilding, it now heats even quicker then before and I have to be careful not to lay on the power to long or I am coughing.

I am in Cera heaven and it is even better then I remember!

Top Bottom