Discontinued Thermovape Cera

1love

Hi, Is it okay to charge these batteries with the charger that I ordered from TET?
Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries
Thank you very much.

Rocco

Sooo I suspected it was happening, and today my suspicions were confirmed... My Cera is still showing signs of the same problem I sent her in for (cores dont fire consistently, and to get full glow I have to apply pressure downwards). A new symptom I also noticed is that the little ring that the switch button is encased in gets hot, not the big SS piece that it screws into, just the small ring my finger is when pushing down, it got too hot to stand a hit, and after only one or two loads at times, without any latching being done, simply using it how its directed to be used. I think the Switch or body strap is faulty, I havent notified TET but will as soon as I can. Im sure theyll fix it no problem :rockon:

Rocco,

Tom Funk

Anyone tried using Thermovapes' Cera with a vapor curve?

worked-n3rd-vapor-curve-14mm-45-degree-1d70.JPG

It would eminiate having to hold the Cera upside down and as long as the MP fits and your not jamming the MP into the curve it should be golden?
Just brainstorming before I commit as I'd like to use Cera with a Bubbler.
Anyone with experience on this topic?

What are you wanting to use a bubbler for? If it is to cool the vapor I wouldn't bother as the Cera mouthpiece design already cools the vapor very well. Quite a few people have commented on this. If you want to moisturise the vapor without holding the Cera upside down I would suggest the Pinnacle 14.4mm Micro-shower Water Tool Attachment. There was a video posted of the Cera being used with this earlier in this thread.

TF

tavosvo

What are you wanting to use a bubbler for? If it is to cool the vapor I wouldn't bother as the Cera mouthpiece design already cools the vapor very well. Quite a few people have commented on this. If you want to moisturise the vapor without holding the Cera upside down I would suggest the Pinnacle 14.4mm Micro-shower Water Tool Attachment. There was a video posted of the Cera being used with this earlier in this thread.

TF

Yes the pinnacle is AWESOME for the LL cart as well as the EO if you are into water conditioning! I had to add o-rings in between the existing o-rings to make a good seal, I bet the rings that come with nothingtoseeher's MP would work perfect for the TET GonG piece

green2brown

Has supply reached a sustainable level? If I ordered tomorrow when could I expect it?

The homepage says "Estimated Shipping Time: 1 Week"

Ya know, I haven't paid any attention to the Cera since I cancelled my preorder a few months back. But today I decided to watch a few videos online and DAMN. Not too big a fan of the LL, but I can't imagine anything comparing to the EO. Hell, the hits look bigger than I get off a nail. I was waiting for the Ascent with the same hopes I had for the Cera, that it'd be an all in one vape for flower and oil. But after having seen the Ascent demo video using essential oils, I have a good feeling I'll be picking up the Cera to go along with it. There's a reason pants have 2 front pockets :lol:

Flightrisk

Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. State your complaint and move on.
I sent my cera out yesterday, lets hope the third time is a charm?

To be honest I'm hoping to get a whole new battery tube portion. I'll know when I get it back.

What a piece of sh*t.

The first time it broke was 48 hrs of light use. Some of y'all remember my rant and brilliantly replied "Hey it works good when it works at least, right?".

Now one week after receipt it is broken again.

DARKROM what warranty return are you on, 4 or 5?? And you NEED it for PAIN relief, right? I bet your glad you kept you Pax huh?

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, IT IS CLEARLY A PROTOTYPE.

Im convinced that the 3-4 hype fanboys on this thread are Thermovape employee plants and I made a HUGE mistake having these posts influence my purchasing decision.

So here I am chasing $65/gram shatter on TIN FOIL because my $250 state-of-the-art vape cant last more than a week.

A week of pampered, babied use, non the less.

I dont care how "nice" this "Zeki" guy is. At this point I will be demanding a refund and begin the credit card complaint process.

I didnt want to sell the damn thing because I didnt want to ruin a 100% eBay feedback score. I am glad I didnt.

READ THROUGH THESE POSTS CAREFULLY THOSE WHO ARE THINKING OF PURCHASING.

I am looking forward to posting my reviews on this product where I can....

Flightrisk,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
What a piece of sh*t.

The first time it broke was 48 hrs of light use. Some of y'all remember my rant and brilliantly replied "Hey it works good when it works at least, right?".

DARKROM what warranty return are you on, 4 or 5?? And you NEED it for PAIN relief, right? I bet your glad you kept you Pax huh?

Im convinced that the 3-4 hype fanboys on this thread are Thermovape employee plants and I made a HUGE mistake having these posts influence my purchasing decision.

So here I am chasing $65/gram shatter on TIN FOIL because my $250 state-of-the-art vape cant last more than a week.

I dont care how "nice" this "Zeki" guy is. At this point I will be demanding a refund and begin the credit card complaint process.

I didnt want to sell the damn thing because I didnt want to ruin a 100% eBay feedback score. I am glad I didnt.

I couldn't disagree more. Coming from a guy who sent back 2 wisprs, a pax, and the Cera twice. I can say from experience that sure, it really get you heated when your $250 piece acts up but the fact remains that the customer service that comes with the products takes care of all issues in a very timely manner.
and to be quite honest, my Cera has my other vapes collecting dust right now. If your cores have to be pressed down to work, after it comes back from Zeki I could suggest backing off the battery before switching cores. Just loosen it 3 or 4 turns and it will keep the cores working fine. Give them a chance to get the updated Cera back in your hands and youll turn around. This is new technology and with that come speed bumps, but luckily TET is tops when it comes to a full service american company. :tup:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
What a piece of sh*t.

I understand your frustration, but surely I have made a few videos showing how well it works for me, & I can assure you that I dont work for TET & I have never ever ever been sent a free unit or some kind of compensation for me posting up my videos, I do it from the kindness of my heart to help people decide if this might work for them!!!I must admit it is quite fun ripping on the cera, I had to send mine in and now its been almost 2 months of nonstop usage!!!!
If my cera sucked and didnt perform, I would save myself the embarrassment from making videos, I am no pro, just a vapist trying to help another vapist along the way.

I have made other videos of me using other product that i think worked for me and maybe Me sharing that can help some one make that decision easier!!!

Peace my friend, I hope no matter your decision, Its a happy one!!!
:wave:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
The only person on here that beta tested it is OF and he fully disclosed that from the beginning, and probably has a bunch of times since.

Barack o-Ganja

Hello everyone!
most of you on here seem to like cera, but for those who are still deciding to buy, let me help your decision , by giving you my opinion of the Titanium Loose Leaf Cera. for the most part i know i wont be saying anything that new, but i can assure you my review is as honest as anyone else here.
SS or TI was tough to decide between, but i went with Ti and just pretended i had to pay a $500 traffic violation to justify destroying my savings lol I got the titanium though because ive seen how ugly ss turns after a while and i put my devices through some serious wear and tear, (my half a year old ss grinder cant even screw open any more and it looks like i took sand paper to it.)i anxiously waited for the box to arrive but, it came in a tube. i was really hoping for that jar, since i was planning to use it for storage purposes. maybe when i order the Ti Eo cart ill ask for one.

Anyways my first impression was love at first sight. It is beautiful, but as with all relationships, when you get to know them better you find their flaws. like other members have said, the ll cart is a learning curve. I rarely see vapor come out but the desired result happens; if you want it for flavor, you will get that, if you want it for medicinal purpose, it works! my co worker made a cloud from it. I still cant replicate that yet but, I'm getting better at it though.
the switch at the bottom is a pain, not so much for me but to my friends who i have shared it with. this is not a group vape (speaking for the ll cart), the bowls loose their potency really fast and after passing it around it gets freaking hot.

i haven't had any issues with the heating core, other than a screw falling out and the ll cart being lopsided. (its noticeable and make it a little hard to screw in, i should probably tell tet soon.) i know the issues that come with the heating core and i expect that i will eventually ship it back to tet for repairs. but i bought this knowing that and im ok with that because,i trust their customer service.

the titanium parts look a little darker than ss, it hasn't scratched yet, i don't know how heavy the ss feels but the titanium w/ battery has some gravity to it. not a problem though

things i would like to see: Latching switch, yes i know they are working on it but how soon till its up for sale? a carrying case, one built specifically for cera, a more durable heating element and last but not least an ac power supply!

hope this helps anyone still in doubt.

oh yea has anyone tried using it for hooka?

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
I have to say I love my Ti Cera EO!
I've only had it for 4 days and have never tasted my concentrate like this!
I made a couple 18mm GonG adapters for it, one with a tube, and one that just fits under the thermal condom, the
I really like straight GonG adapter, and find that I really like the cera button on the bottom when using the water pipe.
Here is a pic, and it retains the ufo, so no worries of an oil leak upside down!
IMAG0200.jpg

TheRobbo

@ Barack

I struggled a little producing visible vapour at the start but by a week I could get some pretty decent clouds! Stick with it brother I'm sure you will excel. also go down to your local plumbing supplies and see if they have any flexible gas pipe, it usually ships with a small plastic cap on the end of the lengths and the one off the 1in fits perfectly over the switch. Then just put something in the cap to press the button and you have a latching switch. Then just turn Cera on 30 seconds before you load her (I usually do half way through chopping up) and by the time you walk out side and start hitting there should be an abundance of vapour.

I also find the pack is essential as well too much and it gets too hard to pull and not enough hot air passes through the Load and you struggle to produce and not enough and it just doesn't last long enough, you really got to find the sweet spot when it come to loading up as well.

Sorry for going on a bit.

R

Tom Funk

Not sure I'll have a look now...

Yep that's the one supersports600 $19.95 for two. Came from Sydney in a nice little plastic case. Work like a dream.

R

Thanks Robbo. Mine turned up the other day and I noticed that they were labeled Keeppower and saying assembled in China, cell made in Japan. This concerned me a little, although I know this is common. Are these the same as yours? I won't get my Cera for a few weeks so I have nothing to test them with.

Cheers
TF

Tom Funk,

TheRobbo

Hmmm doesn't sound like it mine are genuine Panasonics with grey wrap exactly the same as the ones TET supplied early on, what colour are urs?

Edit: it's possible they just added a protection circuit in China?

TheRobbo,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
You can still get a pair (two) of the genuine Panasonic CGR18650CH batteries in a nice little plastic carrying case, for $10 (that's $5 each) from fasttech. Here's the link: the link. You may even be able to get 10% off using the coupon code "CPASTE13SPRING", though that code is a couple of weeks old, so it may not work. Did I mention that shipping is free?

They ship from China, so it takes a week or two, but I've ordered a bunch of stuff from fasttech (not the batteries, as I already have eight of them), and everything has arrived in good working condition, exactly as represented, and delivered exactly when promised.

edit: And if you prefer the Panasonic NCR18650PD batteries, you can also get them from fasttech for $16 a pair (that's $8 each), with the same nice plastic carrying case and free shipping. the PD link. Don't know if the above coupon code works for the PD battery, but it can't hurt to try...

Tom Funk

Hmmm doesn't sound like it mine are genuine Panasonics with grey wrap exactly the same as the ones TET supplied early on, what colour are urs?

Edit: it's possible they just added a protection circuit in China?

Mine have a black wrap. On a closer inspection of the photos supersports600 has of the nipple tops on ebay they do appear to be the Keeppower wrap, it doesn't show the part that says Keeppower however, just the bottom of the label. The photos for the flat-top version shows a grey wrap. I checked the Keeppower website and they state that it is a panasonic cell without protection added. I don't think that the batteries are dodgy. I just don't like having lingering doubts with no real way of checking.

Does anyone else have experience with Keeppower? Is it OK to pull the wrap off the battery, and would I find evidence of a genuine cell?

Cheers
TF

Tom Funk,

TheRobbo

I wouldn't pull the wrap off cause that is all that separates the + and - and would make it too easy to short. Unless of course it has the original wrap underneath but I doubt it. For free shipping id spring for a few of the fast tech ones... Thanks Haywood.

TheRobbo,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Y Here's the link: the link.

A pair (that's $8 each), with the same nice plastic carrying case and free shipping. the PD link. Don't know if the above coupon code works for the PD battery, but it can't hurt to try...
Hey Haywood, I think you need to put these links in your signature..lol

Was wondering your take on the Samsung ICR18650CH cells?
I have both Panasonic CGR18650CH and Samsung ICR18650CH cells. Both perform excellent but I notice the Panasonic cell gets hotter under extreme load compared to the Samsung indicating the Samsung might have a lower internal resistance. Just an observation. I bet your can explain better.
;)
EDIT: Note: I have no PD cells to compare.

Pipes,
Top Bottom