Discontinued Thermovape Cera

OF

Just to clarify regarding the no joy in 4 bowls, The previous 3 bowls are from last night, and they weren't consecutive. The point I was making was that by the time the window had closed (heat, irritation, bored of inhaling etc) I was not where I would have liked to have been. To give a reference to get the desired effect would require at least 2 ELBs, as one is never enough, and to be fair I didn't expect the ll core to beat the cloud, I went in knowing that I would be left wanting something more.

Thanks for the additional information, it's making more sense to me now.

How large (in weight) do you think your average herb session is? We may have a scale problem, 'fighting over our weight' as it were?

TIA

OF

OF,
Reactions: 7upstar

buchee

I just got my Cera today and finished a LL video. I've never had a thermovape product before so keep that in mind when you watch. Nothing fancy, this is my first video ever. I am not a cloud chaser, medical use only. Oh and I have to read on how to put this video up so( im hoping someone will give me a quick walkthrough?) it might take a bit. First impressions....I love it!!

Edit: I'd rather not put my face on youtube. Is there another site i can upload it to and create a link here? The video is 440 MB but only a few minutes will i have to compress it? Sorry these are probobly dumb questions but I'm a noob when it comes to this.

Edit 2: OK im getting a video converter to compress it and will post it when I can. Take me a couple hours maybe...stay tuned

Chill Dude

Just to clarify regarding the no joy in 4 bowls, The previous 3 bowls are from last night, and they weren't consecutive. The point I was making was that by the time the window had closed (heat, irritation, bored of inhaling etc) I was not where I would have liked to have been. To give a reference to get the desired effect would require at least 2 ELBs, as one is never enough, and to be fair I didn't expect the ll core to beat the cloud, I went in knowing that I would be left wanting something more. Which is where the eo core comes in, it's so good..I would recommend to everyone to make their own oils, but that's just me. For the Solo I pack a stem (with screen) with 50/50 abv/keif and I have to shut it off before it's done because I'm good. SO even if you are the type of person who can get medicated off a single load, it still looks to me as though either the unit, or the method of intake, become uncomfortable in the amount of time required to extract the load. Hoping for others to prove me wrong.

Jdee, Sorry I misread your post. It seems your tolerance isn't that high after all. It's more about how much time and effort is needed to produce good vapor and achieve a solid medicated effect. Hopefully, as you get use to LL Cera and refine your teqnique you will achieve the results you're looking for. We all look forward to hearing how your future LL CERA sessions work out!!!

Chill Dude,
Reactions: Nimrod

PB88123

Vaporist
I just got my Cera today and finished a LL video. I've never had a thermovape product before so keep that in mind when you watch. Nothing fancy, this is my first video ever. I am not a cloud chaser, medical use only. Oh and I have to read on how to put this video up so( im hoping someone will give me a quick walkthrough?) it might take a bit. First impressions....I love it!!

www.youtube.com works (create a new account). Then go here http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_upload

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Fantastic!!

If you want you can e-mail me the video and i can put it up on our Youtube acct. Tim@thermovape.com

Cheers,
Tim

marduk

daydreamer
Edit: I'd rather not put my face on youtube. Is there another site i can upload it to and create a link here? The video is 440 MB but only a few minutes will i have to compress it? Sorry these are probobly dumb questions but I'm a noob when it comes to this.

You can make it an unlisted video so only people who have the direct link posted here can view it.

jdee

It was actually the tv rev I had not evo, so actually I'm not well versed in the art of portable convection vaporization. Still not losing faith, packed another bowl but this time lighter pack than the previous ones. preheat.....slowly drawing....flavors....vapors....cool. I was able to get the bowl to a nicer roasted color than previous attempts, about 4(i think) decent pulls with visible vapor, and several sort of ones with flavor but not really visible vapor. By the time the mouthpiece became hot the contents were evenly roasted. Very little was used for this test (would barely cover a dime).

jdee,
Reactions: Tom Funk

tofferster

Vapin', Lurkin' and Jerkin'
Not sure if this has already been addressed, but does anyone know if the Cera fits a 14 gage down stem for a WP? TIA

tofferster,
Reactions: OF

OF

It was actually the tv rev I had not evo, so actually I'm not well versed in the art of portable convection vaporization. Still not losing faith, packed another bowl but this time lighter pack than the previous ones. preheat.....slowly drawing....flavors....vapors....cool. I was able to get the bowl to a nicer roasted color than previous attempts, about 4(i think) decent pulls with visible vapor, and several sort of ones with flavor but not really visible vapor. By the time the mouthpiece became hot the contents were evenly roasted. Very little was used for this test (would barely cover a dime).

Great news, I call that solid progress. If you 'follow it' you'll probably get there. For now, I'd suggest 30 seconds 'blind' preheat then 'medium hard' pulls, 15 or 20 seconds to the lung full. Don't hit it, just pull air through. When you start to get flavor keep pulling but blow out the test puff. If it's negative (no strong vapor, don't compromise), pull for 5 or 10 seconds more and test puff again. When you get that solid puff, immediately exhale everything you have (yes, I know it's an OK hit, but blow it out quickly) and then honk on it for all you want. It's right up to temperature (the test puff confirmed it), if you don't let it cool off all the hot air you pull in from there on makes vapor. The more hot air, the more vapor. Don't be shy and sneak up on it (you don't what a bunch of wimpy hits right now), get it quickly up to working temperature before much THC evaporates and see what Cera can do if your timing is good?

BTW, maximum vapor comes from lots of dry herb packed in tight and heated hard....but that's harder to pull off.

You're also right that Revolution (radiation basically with some conduction) is a different beast than LL Cera (pure convection basically). Revolution/DART is similar to the Cera oil cart, of course. But LL and concentrate carts are two different animals.

Good luck. Glad to hear it's improving.

Not sure if this has already been addressed, but does anyone know if the Cera fits a 14 gage down stem for a WP? TIA

Yes it has, and yes it does.

In fact if you dig a bit one of the videos has Noah doing just that.

OF

tofferster

Vapin', Lurkin' and Jerkin'
Yes it has, and yes it does.

In fact if you dig a bit one of the videos has Noah doing just that.

OF

Yeah, actually tried watching that video to answer my own question, just wasn't sure if it was an 18 or 14 gage. Thanks for clearing that up for me. On my way to the glass shop for a replacement since my buddy just broke my down stem! :doh:

tofferster,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
OF can you do short hits? I don't or can't do 20 second hits. Would it still be possible to prime this beast if you can't do that? Also jdee reported a very hot mouthpiece trying to prime it. Is that just because of learning or is that the way it is?

Dreamerr,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Thanks for the reviews of the LL core, new Cera owners. Since I'd only be interested in the LL core, this information is invaluable. Unfortunately, I'm not encouraged by the early reports. The whole idea of a portable is that it is small, discreet, and EASY AND QUICK to use on the go.

While the Cera is definitely small and discreet, the LL core seems to take too much time and effort to catch a quick hit or two on the go. Can you imagine walking down the street, taking a bike ride, being at the beach, looking into the core, huffing and puffing for several minutes to get a good hit? I realize not everyone uses a portable this way, but that's my only reason for having one.

I'm so glad the other carts seem to be working well and I'm sure there will be many happy new Cera owners. I'll wait until other LL core reviews to come in to make my final decision, but this is sounding less and less like the portable for me. :(

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
The LL for me (normally perfer heavy hitters) sounds like it may be relegated to bubble/kief use. I kinda knew that all along though and am really excited to see a convection portable that can handle tasty lower grade concentrates. Looking forward to hearing about the mini more too once the cera madness levels out. i am sure i will end up with one. My only thing about the cera is that like my persei i dont see it as a go everywhere portable due to the size. Rolling around with a 8" mag lite size object in your pocket can be less then ideal at times.

Thanks for all the feed back guys. FC :rockon:
Buchee with the first Cera video in the wild thanks man!!

buchee

Well I should've waited to make this video until after my child-like excitement and mentality simmered down. Can't remember a time I was this excited and at a loss for words. You'll appreciate Noah's videos a whole lot more after you see this one. This was more for myself.
What I noticed most of all for me was the efficiency of Cera. Such a small amount used compared to what I would normally intake, and it got me medicated all the same. Mind you I'm probably considered a lightweight compared to others on this site.
Maybe I'll make another video soon and actually write down what i should say and do.
If this video works then enjoy.

ooops ok try now

nickzzzx

Well I should've waited to make this video until after my child-like excitement and mentality simmered down. Can't remember a time I was this excited and at a loss for words. You'll appreciate Noah's videos a whole lot more after you see this one. This was more for myself.
What I noticed most of all for me was the efficiency of Cera. Such a small amount used compared to what I would normally intake, and it got me medicated all the same. Mind you I'm probably considered a lightweight compared to others on this site.
Maybe I'll make another video soon and actually write down what i should say and do.
We can't see the video, it says 'This video is private'

nickzzzx,

marduk

daydreamer
Seems quite awkward to heat up a core with that momentary latch.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It might be more ergonomic if you turn it upside down and use your thumb to hold down the switch while preheating. Of course, 30 second + inhales will still be a pain with that switch.

It does seem like it puts out a decent amount of vapor, though. :)

PB88123

Vaporist
I hope the latching switch comes out soon. I know you are reading this Tim. Make it happen! I also think once you get the hang of it you can use it everywhere and it isn't as bad as some people are making it seem. Let's see some silicone sleeves too.

Sonics420

buchee, greast vid thanks for posting it. hope you keep more comin cuz you are probably the first person to video review [as a consumer].

once that other switch comes it should be better, but right now can you really use it with just with hand?? like an e-cig or other vapes on this forum..

i like the vapor you were getting also, heat up time seemed pretty quick. what hit did the flavor go away for you?

Sonics420,
Reactions: buchee

buchee

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It might be more ergonomic if you turn it upside down and use your thumb to hold down the switch while preheating. Of course, 30 second + inhales will still be a pain with that switch.

It does seem like it puts out a decent amount of vapor, though. :)

I was very surprised that i got vapor the first time, considering what I've been reading about the learning curve. I've since packed it a bit tighter and am using stronger inhales and getting alot more vapor. I think this will suit my needs perfectly. Thank-you TET!!!

...and for warm up i just set Cera on an object and push down...very little force required. I've also used it one-handed with my ring finger on the latch. If my hands weren't so sweaty I could probably hold onto it.

Medical Mark

ooops ok try now
Wow I'm impressed it seemed like it took no effort at all really I'm impressed its making you cough a bit that alright. Once you get some time on that Cera you'll be blowing out billows of vapor, good job, I found a awesome deal on a thermovape t1 I had to get primed for the big day, get the technique down so I caved I figure it will teach me convection protocol, I'm sure it won't measure up to cera but it will be a great back up and a antique a old relic, which prepared the way for this other awesome vaporizer cera.
Ok did the body get hot at all and how awkward is holding that momentary switch is it comfortable ?
How long did your batteries last ? And how long to charge them? Sorry for all the questions but I'm impressed really impressed.
A medium steady draw seems to me would cause that cera to produce cause your effort for the first 3 pulls were effortless, nice.
I guess what you can't see you can feel hey, cheers enjoy.

Top Bottom