Discontinued Thermovape Alpha Ultralite

I just got a Ultra Rev LV. It's getting along great with some C02 oil I have. I've vapored about half a gram through it. This morning I woke up and found that the air holes between the dart and the mouthpiece were clogged. I could still pull hard enough to unclog them, but the next hit would start out clogged again. My plan is to boil the dart tip. Do I need to remove the mouthpiece? It's white and could use a rinse... plus it's a pain to get that thing back on with that really tight O ring. Speaking of O rings, do I need to remove any to boil the dart tip?

peacefulenemy,

OF

My plan is to boil the dart tip. Do I need to remove the mouthpiece? It's white and could use a rinse... plus it's a pain to get that thing back on with that really tight O ring. Speaking of O rings, do I need to remove any to boil the dart tip?

Howdy. Glad you're enjoying your DART, that's what they're for you know.

If you don't want to bother I see no reason not to boil the lot assembled. All parts will take boiling water just fine, although the ring may swell up a mite and hold even tighter next time you go to disassemble. No big deal.

You can use 'food safe' lubes on the ring if you want. VG is of course what e-cig purists use, but vegetable oil also does a fine job. A tiny drop wiped around with a finger tip makes a world of difference sometimes.

OF

sfld

Many people by me are using the g-pen for wax / oils. I want to get into this but have been reading some nasty reviews about the g-pen.

Im looking for something small / stealthy that packs a punch. after reading it seems my best bet is the ultra / LV dart combo? Is there anything else i need to buy with that? special batterys and what not? Also, i plan on getting wax, its not gooey and what not more of a harder consitency but of course easily balled up into small bb's. Would this combo be good for this kinda usage? Can i even throw keef / hash in the dart?

Thanks for the reply. All i use now is a volcano solid valve / mflb... looking to add more to the collection

sfld,

OF

Im looking for something small / stealthy that packs a punch. after reading it seems my best bet is the ultra / LV dart combo? Is there anything else i need to buy with that? special batterys and what not? Also, i plan on getting wax, its not gooey and what not more of a harder consitency but of course easily balled up into small bb's. Would this combo be good for this kinda usage? Can i even throw keef / hash in the dart?

Hard to go wrong that way. It comes with battery (two?), two or even 3 is a handy thing to have. It should do just fine with everything you name but kief and bubble will need to be stirred between hits giving the window version an advantage if you're going to do a lot of them. Otherwise, I think you're on the right track with this, good luck.

OF

OF,

sfld

The model they sell as the thermovape revolution is that jus a ultra with the revolution window?? Do i need a more powerful battery with the ultra/dart combo? Or is the one it comes with the max

Edit: if i buy the ultra and dart can i get it in white? Or does it simply come chrome on chrome? Also any coupons out lol or maybe i should wait for halloween [8] heh

sfld,

OF

The model they sell as the thermovape revolution is that jus a ultra with the revolution window?? Do i need a more powerful battery with the ultra/dart combo? Or is the one it comes with the max

Edit: if i buy the ultra and dart can i get it in white? Or does it simply come chrome on chrome?

I think the DART is a model of Revolution. The Revolution came first, with the window. To make it even more confusing they also sell a slightly modified DART tip that will fit in the (window version) Revolution.

The 'factory' AW IMR batteries are 'state of the art'. Best for the job. You can get a white mouthpiece for DART, but the bodies of the Revolution and Ultra are both Nickle plate (not chrome) and only come that way. If you really want to, you can get one of several chemical conversions to darken it IIRC, but nothing making it colored like anodized Aluminum might offer.

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
The 'factory' AW IMR batteries are 'state of the art'. Best for the job. You can get a white mouthpiece for DART, but the bodies of the Revolution and Ultra are both Nickle plate (not chrome) and only come that way. If you really want to, you can get one of several chemical conversions to darken it IIRC, but nothing making it colored like anodized Aluminum might offer.
OF
i didn't get the aw imr batts with mine, had to get them separately.

Bob Loblaw,

jpdnkstr

I also received the protected batts, which don't perform as well IMO, TV exchanged them for AW. IMR's, but I did have to wait awhile for them to be in stock, thank goodness for my other tools that kept me at ease until my good batteries arrived!

jpdnkstr,

OF

I also received the protected batts, which don't perform as well IMO, TV exchanged them for AW. IMR's, but I did have to wait awhile for them to be in stock, thank goodness for my other tools that kept me at ease until my good batteries arrived!

Interesting. Hopefully you'll get AWs (as shown on the site) like I did. They're better IMO as well. I'd get at least one no matter what, Lighthound seems to have them:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR-14500-LiMN-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_3644.html

OF

sfld

I wonder if i can tell them i want AW IMR in the notes when i order the ultra / dart combo.

i was reading about a 10% discount, is that still up for FC members? or expired

sfld,

OF

I wonder if i can tell them i want AW IMR in the notes when i order the ultra / dart combo.

i was reading about a 10% discount, is that still up for FC members? or expired

Doesn't hurt to ask, but I strongly believe they'd ship AW IMRs if they're available.

No discount codes known.

OF

OF,

sfld

Thanks OF i emailed them to see if I could get a combo like that, would be nice if i can!

sfld,
Reactions: OF
I received a LV Evolution attachment for my Ultra. Sad to report that it was a waste of $60. I really love the Ultra for concentrates, but I highly dislike the Evolution. I was expecting a quick little one hitter that would allow me the ability to use flowers and concentrates while on the go (without having to carry two devices). I'm not an Ultra newbie, I can blow massive vapor clouds using multiple techniques with my Revolution, but after trying 10 or so different techniques, many of them stolen from the Evolution thread, I feel I understand the limits of the device and it's just not up to the task.
  • Battery life. Ultra just can't do it. Sure that battery didn't die from the two minutes you just had to hold the trigger up, but it's no longer up to the task of heating the air enough to reach the entire Evolution tip at 390'ish degrees.
  • Unit Heat. The sucker gets scolding hot. I've had some 'big party, multiple battery reload' sessions with concentrates and it doesn't get nearly as hot as it does with the Evolution tip.
  • Capacity. The thing holds about half of the amount that I'd normally vapor.
  • Taste. I've found it impossible to avoid the popcorn taste and fully vaporize the remaining bud.
  • Visible Vapor. This thing gives off very little visible vapor.
  • Hot Air. It requires too much hot air to be sucked into my lungs. I experience physical discomfort and it ruins the enjoyment. This is a common problem with other flower portables, but it was particularly bad with the Evolution.
Stick with the T1 or MFLB for portable flowers, they're much better.

peacefulenemy,
Reactions: CuttyBuddy

sfld

Looks like im going to make the plunge and get this one today! Woot woot its always wonderful to order new electronics, people say weed is addicting? lol they must have never stalked slickdeals / vapor websites all day.

Hey OF, in regards to the g-pen. Is my ultra battery consistent with whats in the g-pen itself? REason being is people claim they get many hits from a g-pen, so i would only assume the ultra/dart would get the same! Also, with the charger that comes with the ultra, is there a USB adapter that will allow me to charge with that, so i can leave the PA in my house, car charger in car, and usb plug in my office lol

sfld,

sfld

Sorry to double post, but i just got a email back from TV and was just wondering a few things.

Basically i was told to purchase this
(http://thermovape.com/collections/t...ce-standard-510-bottom-feed-usa-made-atomizer)

Which is a AVA LR, and as far as i learned in these two days i can use this for e-liquid correct?

Second, i was told to purchase a dart loading tool
(http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/theremovape-revolution-dart-loader)

And finally purchase the Ultra

(http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/alpha-ultra)

So basically i would be at 150 dollars, and shipping and what not. My question is, by going this route am i able to pick between concentrates such as wax / oil, and also use e-juice whenever i please? Is there another part i need to purchase i order to use e-liquid with this rig? I think i have this all figured out slowly but surely lol

sfld,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
you don't want to use the same core for both concentrate and ejuice, trust me, however there are tons and tons of ejuice carts threaded for the 510 out there. almost any ego style will work for ejuice.

Bob Loblaw,

OF

Hey OF, in regards to the g-pen. Is my ultra battery consistent with whats in the g-pen itself? REason being is people claim they get many hits from a g-pen, so i would only assume the ultra/dart would get the same! Also, with the charger that comes with the ultra, is there a USB adapter that will allow me to charge with that, so i can leave the PA in my house, car charger in car, and usb plug in my office lol

Yes, you should get between say six and maybe 12 or even 15 hits (depending on how much you load and how heavy you hit) between 'top ups'. That's adding .05 to .10 at a time, say a paper match head's worth?

Yes, there are USB powered chargers. Mine is for 18650s but does the 14500s with included spacers. I suggest a web search for 'USB powered Li ion charger'?

OF

OF,

sfld

Made the plunge!!! bought a ava core / ultra / dart loader came out to 159 shipped not bad at all for a quality part, i wonder when next week i will get it ;) with that being said i picked up some wax i hope it works good w it, not sure how it was made but i tried rolling a bb up and it came out nice, you guys think i will be good for my next sesh lol???

http://imgur.com/sbczl.jpg

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Made the plunge!!! bought a ava core / ultra / dart loader came out to 159 shipped not bad at all for a quality part, i wonder when next week i will get it ;) with that being said i picked up some wax i hope it works good w it, not sure how it was made but i tried rolling a bb up and it came out nice, you guys think i will be good for my next sesh lol???

http://imgur.com/sbczl.jpg
looks perfect, i believe you'll be pleased. hit back with ur impressions!

Bob Loblaw,

sfld

Hey bob, or anyone else for that matter, what would be the best cart to get for my ultra to use for e-liquids? I see vision ego v3 stardust? But does that have to be thrown away after a week or two? I want something i can fill with a nice e-liquid and puff away at work, and then put on my ava/dart when its time for the good stuff lol

sfld,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
it really depends, these guys have a good selection. click either 510 or ego on the left and go thru their tanks and accessories. anything will work really, just different sizes and construction. anything with lots of cotton will need to be thrown away, but most tank systems like that last a really long time

http://www.electronic-cigz.com/powerpalegot.html

Bob Loblaw,

OF

Hey bob, or anyone else for that matter, what would be the best cart to get for my ultra to use for e-liquids?

Not surprisingly TV makes just such stuff under AVA brand I think? I'm not a juice type myself, but 'everyone' at TV is sucking on their TV e-cig it seems (yes, it's juice.....they also bulk make that and supply it to other 'makers'). IIRC there are two basic styles, but why not ask them?

FWIW, it's very common for them to pull the ultra out of a pocket with something 'DART like' but shorter, push it on and hold it up to their ear. Yes, that's what I said. They claim by listening they can judge battery charge and when it's time to add more juice....which seems to be 'everywhere' there as well.

I bet they have an informed opinion or two on the topic?

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
the ava only holds a few drops at a time unless you use the resevoir. if you are loaded, psychotically health conscience and don't mind dropping an extra 55+ on a core and then another 120+ for the res, go with that, otherwise drop $5-$20 on a tank, my two cents

Bob Loblaw,

sfld

Ya i think i will get a tank of some sort. Do you believe that the batteries it will come with which im assuming will be the protected 14500 will be okay to use until i get my aw imr's in the mail? I just wanna be sure i will be able to get some vapor next week, even with the protected batts :)

Top Bottom