The WISPR vaporizer

jhpfunk

2+hrs cycling and still going. Impressive.

Anyone know how it is that the butane meter can appear empty when level, but when you flip it upside down, it looks like it's half full? That doesn't seem like a great butane meter/window.

jhpfunk,

Vitolo

Vaporist
it is based on a float system.. your gas tank looks fuller going uphill when gass is higher toward the rear!

Vitolo,

jhpfunk

I can understand some discrepancy in that regard, but an additional 50% when you turn it upside down? That's the only way to truly know how much butane is left...to turn it upside down and look in the window. Why wouldn't they just make the viewing window longer?

Also, anyone figure out what that metal piece with the flat head and threaded end is for? I'm referring to one of the additional items that come with the WISPR.

jhpfunk,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
jhpfunk said:
I can understand some discrepancy in that regard, but an additional 50% when you turn it upside down? That's the only way to truly know how much butane is left...to turn it upside down and look in the window. Why wouldn't they just make the viewing window longer?

Also, anyone figure out what that metal piece with the flat head and threaded end is for? I'm referring to one of the additional items that come with the WISPR.
Pretty sure its for removing the screen and whatnot

SF Giant,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

jhpfunk said:
toon717 said:
So...I ordered the new wispr the other day. Should be here Monday. I am currently an iolite user...actually have two of them. I think they are great....I was looking for something healther....and started vaping about a year ago....bought several types....but the iolite has been the best...by far...so I am super pumped about the new model....

The one thing that I think I am gonna hate about the new wispr...is the shape. The iolite fits soooo well in a pocket. It is almost shaped like a pocket even.... I never use that black zipper pouch....too big and bulky....but I pop the tube off the iolite and just put it all in my pocket....fits perfect...cant even see it.

The wispr is square...and I understand why.....and I am excited about the better mouthpeice....bigger hits...and all that...But it is gonna look like a big, fat, noticable, ugly, honk'en, square print right for everyone to see through a pocket. :mad:

Just my 2 cents.

I just got mine today and have just unpacked it, filled it with butane and am letting it all cycle all the way through. 1:45+ and it's still going. I would 100% agree with Toon. Obviously, it's not productive to stew or piss and moan about things that you have no control over...or beat a dead horse as seems to be the fashion on these kinds of boards. With that said though, Iolite's touts that they hired a prodigious firm to redesign the aesthetics of the unit only means that they must have hired non-canabis consumers for this task. When I first opened up the big box and looked at the WISPR box, my first thought was "holy crap, I hope this thing is not as big as the image on the side"...and it is. If they were seeking to improve the unit cosmetically, it's shocking that they didn't think about stealthiness. It's at least 1/3 inch deeper than the Iolite and doesn't fit into a back pocket like the Iolite. It's also decently heavier even without butane. The other obvious visual qualities you can see in the picture. Box fan design and pastel colors, really?

I will say that the butane level meter and the quantity of butane that it can handle are nice improvements. The on/off switch and immediate cessation of butane cycles is also a bonus. However, it's no cooler to the touch or quieter than the Iolite. It may even be louder and hotter around the mouthpiece region (north of the orange light). The orange light also seems brighter and easier to see. Is it better than my Iolite? Not really sure about that. Never had a problem and used it extensively. Price was not a factor for me, but overall operation was. We'll see.

Does anyone know what the copper colored metal tool with the flat top and threads on the bottom is for?

I'm pretty sure its the moisture condenser. I have no clue where it goes yet. But i never used one in the older iolite anyway.

mod note: There is no moisture condenser on the WISPR

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

SF Giant said:
jhpfunk said:

Pretty sure its for removing the screen and whatnot

Your probably right. I guess you screw it into the bowl piece to pop out screen.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

ManFlies352

Hello Ladies and Gentleman,

I just wanted to follow up with my initial review of the WISPR. I still think it's absolutely spectacular! If you fill it to the brim, especially, you get some really milky hits. I do have to return my particular unit for issues with the new click ignition system. It's nothing major, but the iolite turns on with one click instead of releasing the butane and then waiting until the second click to actually ignite. Also, when I go to click it off, most of the time i'll have to actually push up on the click button for it to actually go up and turn it off. It hasn't effected the quality of vape or my impressions about the WISPR, but figured i'd let the community know of the defect.

ManFlies352,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
" . . . the iolite turns on with one click . . ."

Mine doesn't. Here's what I wrote yesterday in the iolite forum:

"Help! My iolite refused to ignite today. I pressed the ignition button over 40 times, and when I switched it off, the 'hiss' continued for about 15 - 30 seconds. I tried again, with a similar result. I then cleaned it, refilled with loosely packed dry herb, and refuelled with butane. It made no difference.

BTW, for several weeks it has sometimes taken 10 to 20 presses on the ignition button, before igniting.
Before I contact O & B, any suggestions/solutions would be welcome. "

Sadly, as Steven Wright observed: "Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."

:(

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

max

Out to lunch
InFlames235 said:
but the iolite turns on with one click instead of releasing the butane and then waiting until the second click to actually ignite.
I think you mean the wispr is ready with one click.

max,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

InFlames235 said:
Hello Ladies and Gentleman,

I just wanted to follow up with my initial review of the WISPR. I still think it's absolutely spectacular! If you fill it to the brim, especially, you get some really milky hits. I do have to return my particular unit for issues with the new click ignition system. It's nothing major, but the iolite turns on with one click instead of releasing the butane and then waiting until the second click to actually ignite. Also, when I go to click it off, most of the time i'll have to actually push up on the click button for it to actually go up and turn it off. It hasn't effected the quality of vape or my impressions about the WISPR, but figured i'd let the community know of the defect.

If you push down too hard on the button this will happen. I have done this a few times already. When you turn it off aren't you suppose to push it up?

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

ManFlies352

As far as I was aware, you're supposed to just click the button and it will turn off without having to force the button up.

ManFlies352,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Read the instructions, pushing the button back up (although it feels like you need to force it) is how you are supposed to turn it off

SF Giant,

ManFlies352

Well that is quite embarrassing! I work in retail and laugh at mistakes like this every day haha. Yea the manual says, "When finished turn the unit off by pushing the on/off switch full forwards (no red)". Definitely should have read a little harder. Please disregard my post about the "defect"..user error!

ManFlies352,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
:lol: I can see how it could seem like you are not supposed to push it back up as the first few times it really feels like you need to force it so hard that it cant he the right thing to do

SF Giant,
Im on day 2 with the Wispr... It has so far exceeded all my expectations. This thing def delivers thicker hits. A friend used to the iolite hit it as he would the original, and broke out into a coughing fit.

A tad louder then the iolite, but the cycle time is VERY short...

Big fan so far, every iolite owner friend so far wants one BAD..

Just my take

manwiththeplan,

samyama

hi everyone - my first post! i will truly try to avoid anything that would inspire flaming :)

very quickly, i wanted to share a couple of initial impressions of the WISPR

pros:
i think it looks pretty cool
it stands up
feels good in the hand, however...(see below on temperature)
nice to see there's fuel in it
long fuel life

cons:
it is NO quieter than the original iolite - perhaps a bit noisier
it still gets pretty hot to the touch
and my most important observation: IT RUNS WAY TOO HOT:
perhaps my unit is faulty and runs hot, but...
i believe this is why it appears we get "milkier" hits and more dense vapor - higher temp!
super harsh compared to other vapes - sore throat almost immediately and have never really experienced this with other vapes - including original iolite.

i don't think i'll use it very much. other vapes work better, and are far more pleasing to use.

thanks for listening!

jb

samyama,

ManFlies352

It's interesting that you find it harsher than other vapes. Sure, I cough now because you get more vapor but i've coughed more on the SSV and Volcano for sure. I wouldn't really consider it harsh myself. Do you usually like light vapor?

ManFlies352,

samyama

InFlames235 said:
It's interesting that you find it harsher than other vapes. Sure, I cough now because you get more vapor but i've coughed more on the SSV and Volcano for sure. I wouldn't really consider it harsh myself. Do you usually like light vapor?

hi -

i also find it interesting that i find it harsh, because i have never had the type of throat irritation i've experienced with the WISPR. i've owned so many vapes - battery, electric, turn the crank (not really :) )......

i admit, it may be possible that my WISPR is running hotter than it should; i will compare it with another one. and no, i don't like "light" vapor - indeed i was hoping for copious clouds! i love the huge plumes from a volcano, or something similar. i also love the original iolite which i never found harsh. i just was hoping for something less hot, more stealth (quieter) and i liked the design. for me, between the two i prefer the old one. others may feel differently, and i respect that.

hopefully it is not "taboo" for me to list my fave....i am totally happy, content and amazed by the NO2. it's not really stealth (unless you place it in a Big Gulp cup!) but it is awesome for me. i'll stop there if i'm not supposed to discuss another model here in this discussion - forgive me.... :p

i should say, however, the WISPR got me very, very medicated. it gets you there - i just didn't like the journey...

thanks for the message - everyone is different and if someone likes it - power to 'em! medicate on!!!

peace

jb

samyama,
As far as harsh goes, I do find any moisture in the blend will deff make it harsher with the wispr, I let my mix dry out a tad more than normal, and it hit noticably smoother.

I think this may be due to the rapid heat up, but Im not sure.... Still testing, but so far so good

manwiththeplan,

max

Out to lunch
samyama said:
IT RUNS WAY TOO HOT
If true, sounds like it may be defective. I've never heard that complaint about an iolite though, and there certainly have been quite a few failures.

super harsh compared to other vapes
Since you have iolite experience for comparison, I think that eliminates any issues with getting used to a new design. Harsh vapor usually indicates high temp vapor, and you shouldn't be getting that from this model.

hopefully it is not "taboo" for me to list my fave....i am totally happy, content and amazed by the NO2. it's not really stealth (unless you place it in a Big Gulp cup!) but it is awesome for me. i'll stop there if i'm not supposed to discuss another model here in this discussion
Commenting on other models for the purpose of comparison is fine. Beyond that, you're probably getting into off topic territory.

max,

ManFlies352

One area where I will agree with Samyama is that the unit does indeed run very hot. Because of the new design there is more room to hold it in areas where the device does not get hot, but the front of the WISPR (where you see the orange light) gets too hot to touch...hotter than the original iolite on that part of the WISPR.

ManFlies352,

Donkey

First post; I was just wondering if the old iolite screens on amazon worked with the WISPR? Also, does butane come with the WISPR when you buy it? And whats the best butane gas?

Donkey,

dopefiend

Donkey said:
I was just wondering if the old iolite screens on amazon worked with the WISPR?

Yes, if they're the ones that are held in place with the little ring (ie the ones that work in the current iolite model)

Donkey said:
Also, does butane come with the WISPR when you buy it?

Usually not, because it's illegal to send butane through the mail. Some sellers will include butane, but only if it's sent by courier within a country's domestic borders, and that would usually mean you're paying a bit extra for delivery. Best to buy butane seperately, that way you can ensure it's good butane too.

Donkey said:
And whats the best butane gas?

Iolite recommend Vector butane in the US, Ronson butane in Europe only (non-european ronson is not refined), and London butane in the UK, which is available in Poundland and other pound shops.

dopefiend,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
My iolite's piezo ignition has stopped working, so I'll phone O & B about it when they reopen next Tuesday.

@Donkey, Here in NSW Australia, I usually use Ventti 'Premium Purified' butane (www.ventti.com.au), available at Bunnings (bbq/camping section). Maybe it's also available in your district/country, wherever that may be.

I doubt that Ventti caused the ignition failure, as I bled and refuelled the iolite, without success; and have been using Ventti for more than a year.

Hai_Rypo_T'head,
Top Bottom