The WISPR vaporizer

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Butane can be ordered online and shipped within the states...been ordering quite some time.

That screen set on amazon looks oudated. The one screen has been gone from IO's since they did away with removable pin. Not sure if Wispr uses same screens or not.

Most butane devices don't work at higher altitudes unfortunately including butane lighters.

Lo,

Lotek420

Donkey said:
@dopefiend It's illegal to buy butane online? Like even off amazon?

Also, does anyone know if the WISPR will be available at urban outfitters? Its a rumor I read somewhere online.

And this is the screen set I want to buy, does it work on the WISPR? (sorry if this isn't allowed to post)

http://www.amazon.com/iolite-IEP-00...84A8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313433262&sr=8-1

I just purchased that exact pack from Amazon last week and they work perfectly with my WISPR.

Lotek420,

max

Out to lunch
Donkey said:
@dopefiend It's illegal to buy butane online? Like even off amazon?
It's perfectly legal to ship butane. You're not supposed to ship a DEVICE loaded with butane.

Wispr definitely does NOT work at 7000 feet. Just wastes gas and will not ignite. Bummer.
You can't fight mother nature.

max,
Hey guys and girls,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I received my Wispr about 2 weeks ago and about 2 days ago, I accidentally dropped it. It hasn't functioned optimally ever since. The butane seems to drain much more quickly and there seems to be a periodical sputtering sound while the butane is being released.

That seems to be the only issue, but a major one, as I have to refill the butane every 15-30 minutes. I know that the warranty doesn't cover drops and I am dealing with O&B right now about repairing the unit. Customer service weren't very helpful, so I sent them an email about my situation. Customer service, however, did tell me to vent the unit and then refill and repeat this 3 times in a row. They said this will get rid of impurities and might solve my issue. Now, I don't know how impurities got into the device because I am using the recommended Vector 5x refined butane. Anyway, I will do this and see if it solves the issue and hopefully get back to you guys on this.

So my questions to the forum: Has anyone dealt with this type of issue before (even with the Iolite) and, if so, how did you solve it? Does the troubleshooting advice customer service gave me sound familiar and do you think it might work?

I am usually not a clumsy person and feel stressed about this situation. Any kind of advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

freshpoppa,

max

Out to lunch
They said this will get rid of impurities and might solve my issue. Now, I don't know how impurities got into the device because I am using the recommended Vector 5x refined butane.
If they talked about impurities AFTER you told them you'd only used Vector fuel, then I'd say they weren't listening. It's kind of generic advice- pretty much top of their list I'd say. The other reason for venting is to get rid of any air in the tank, which, if present, would prevent you from getting a complete fill of butane.

The butane seems to drain much more quickly and there seems to be a periodical sputtering sound while the butane is being released.
It doesn't make sense to me that this vape (or the iolite) would process butane quicker, due to a fall, and therefore use it up faster. Seems more likely that there'd be butane escaping from someplace else, as in a leak. And if that's the case you should be smelling the additive, just as you would if some is spilled/overflows when filling.

Hope you get the problem resolved. BTW, I don't think I'd have told O&B that I dropped the unit unless it was obvious that it had suffered an impact. And IMO a vape like this should be built to survive a drop from 3-4 ft.

max,
Thanks for the quick reply Max. You are right. I did not tell them I used Vector fuel. I should have.

BTW, I don't think I'd have told O&B that I dropped the unit unless it was obvious that it had suffered an impact.

I also was considering that, but I tought I would be completely honest, since upon closer inspection one would be able to tell that it had been dropped. There is very slight damage (a few tiny dents) to one side of the outer rim of the unit. My unit was dropped from about 3 feet onto concrete, and I also thought the unit should be able to survive that kind of drop. Also, when I talked to customer service I did not give them my name or any of my information. I know that in my previous post I said that I sent them an email, but I actually didn't. I was about to right after the post, but I thought I should troubleshoot the device and wait for advice before sending an email. So I don't think they know who I am.

Seems more likely that there'd be butane escaping from someplace else, as in a leak. And if that's the case you should be smelling the additive, just as you would if some is spilled/overflows when filling.

I don't know if there is a leak or not. I could not smell any butane escaping, but when I get home tonight, I will triple vent the device and go in for a closer smell and report back.

Thanks

freshpoppa,
Should be receiving the WISPR with mouthpieces from gotvape tomorrow. Quick question, should i let the unit run empty to cook off any contaminants or would it be okay to use straight out of the box?

qazqwerty1029,

max

Out to lunch
A 'burn in' shouldn't be necessary with either an iolite or a wispr. You've been hanging around Vapir threads too much. ;)

OTOH, a dry run for any new vape can't hurt. :shrug:

max,
max said:
You've been hanging around Vapir threads too much. ;)

Haha, i'm upgrading from the NO2, we'll see what happens. I'll post a detailed review later tonight. Thanks for the help, i'll let it run dry for 15 minutes regardless to let it heat up and break in.

qazqwerty1029,
Well i just got the WISPR in the mail. First thing's first, gotvape's customer service isn't all that. At first they told me that they wouldn't ship to any other address but the billing address unless it was added onto my credit card. So i told them to ship it to my billing address. Lo and behold, they still shipped the WISPR to the shipping address i asked them to, but added the apartment number from my billing address. The package came with Power butane, which i'm assuming is adequate for use with this vape since it came with it. I filled the WISPR with it, but butane seems to seep out while filling. After three attempts, i finally filled the WISPR.

Boy does this thing cycle fast. After about 20 seconds of heating it shut off, and cycled about twice a minute, every 30 seconds, for about 5 seconds. I had no actual herb to try it with, but i did have a grinder loaded with "pollen." Boy does this thing hit hard. Gets you where you need to go, fast. What i dislike about the WISPR is that the silicone straw burns the lip a bit when inhaling. I guess it's not so much the straw, but the hot vapor coming from the WISPR. It looks great, and really upgraded from the original iolite with this silicone straw. Also, the front of the unit where the light is really heats up, too hot to the touch in my opinion. Cool time is also quite long. Great vape otherwise.

PROS:
-fast heat up time
-quick, well-seperated cycles
-great looks, good design, even though the butane could be easier to fill with a nicer intake system
-does its job quite well

CONS:
-Gets too hot in the front, but bearable
-Straw/vapor gets a bit hot
-Sort of annoying to fill (but quick fill up time, 8 seconds approximately)
-Tastes like plastic sort of, or some other weird taste i can't describe, but i'm assuming that's due to it being fresh and not broken in, and to the fact that i'm vaping kief
-The sides smell like butane when it's heating up (is that normal??)

Also what blows my mind is how they engineered this thing. There are no holes at the bottom of the bowl, so i have no clue where i'm drawing air from.

qazqwerty1029,
So the WISPr, is it worth it?
I still don't know, not enough user reviews and videos out yet to convince me yet.

Unfortunately I previously owned an Iolite, early design with the removable heating pin, and it turned me off to the whole idea. It never really vaped good, and for the amount of money that I spent on it I was very disappointed.

Now some users have claimed better vapor density. But most seem like previous iolite users and that just doesn't cut it for me. I need more definitive proof before i would consider buying again.
I really hope this vapes good!

Thanks everyone for your help and info! :)

tj024,
tj024 said:
So the WISPr, is it worth it?
I still don't know, not enough user reviews and videos out yet to convince me yet.

Unfortunately I previously owned an Iolite, early design with the removable heating pin, and it turned me off to the whole idea. It never really vaped good, and for the amount of money that I spent on it I was very disappointed.

Now some users have claimed better vapor density. But most seem like previous iolite users and that just doesn't cut it for me. I need more definitive proof before i would consider buying again.
I really hope this vapes good!

Thanks everyone for your help and info! :)

Definitely the best portable vaporizer on the market right now. I don't judge a vape on how dense the vapor clouds are because i almost never pack it more than 1/4th full, since i think that gets me the desired effects without wasting herb. The WISPR delivers well, but i don't know if it's worth the full $270. I actually think it is, but for some the price may be a bit too steep.

qazqwerty1029,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
TJ024: If you didn't like the iolite, buying WISPR is not looking like the best idea. It's just upgraded iolite. There are some other good portabless to choose: like MFLB, or Solo. Solo is the luxury for money, MFLB is the ultimate stealth (and also hits better than iolite). Well but nothing can beat iolite's long run without electricity.

Seek,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I love my Iolite but right now 270 seems high to me. My IO still works like a champ but for 270 I'll wait until its price comes down. Im sure within a few months it'll drop a bit. I spent 175 on an No2 and that hits like a monster and I have it running through my waterpipe. I hope to eventually make the move for a Wispr but right now its just not worth it IMO of course.

mvapes,

lwien

qazqwerty1029 said:
Definitely the best portable vaporizer on the market right now.

Definitely?

If someone wants a super stealthy portable, why is the WISPR better than say a LaunchBox? And when one compares the WISPR against the Solo, what makes the WISPR better?

ALL vapes have their pros and cons, including the vapes mentioned above, and depending on what a particular user wants, the importance of those pros and cons can vary by quite a bit.

I can understand that the WISPR may be the best portable vape for YOU, but stating that it is DEFINITELY the BEST portable vaporizer on the market is a bit of a stretch, eh?

lwien,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
lwien said:
qazqwerty1029 said:
Definitely the best portable vaporizer on the market right now.

Definitely?

If someone wants a super stealthy portable, why is the WISPR better than say a LaunchBox? And when one compares the WISPR against the Solo, what makes the WISPR better?

ALL vapes have their pros and cons, including the vapes mentioned above, and depending on what a particular user wants, the importance of those pros and cons can vary by quite a bit.

I can understand that the WISPR may be the best portable vape for YOU, but stating that it is DEFINITELY the BEST portable vaporizer on the market is a bit of a stretch, eh?
The stealth disparity between the LB and the IO or Wispr really is subjective, for me the hand motion of the LB is way too similar to hitting a pipe to be viable for stealth anywhere that i can be seen, whereas hitting my IO is more like drinking from a straw and IME draws much less attention (as long as folks arent close enough to hear the hiss) i own and love both for different situations

SF Giant,

max

Out to lunch
There's no best vaporizer and there's no best portable vape either. It all depends on what features are most important to you. I've used both the iolite and the LB for stealth vaping, and which is best depends on the situation/location.

SF Giant said:
for me the hand motion of the LB is way too similar to hitting a pipe to be viable for stealth anywhere that i can be seen
I don't know of any pipes you can hit one handed, unless you're holding the pipe in your mouth, hands free, while you light the bowl. And IMO the action of lighting a bowl, even without holding the pipe in the other hand, would draw more attention than holding the LB to your mouth. I've used the LB in a movie theater, sitting between two friends who know I own one, and neither noticed me taking multiple hits. Most people don't know about vaporizing, and as long as you can mostly hide the LB with your hand, holding it briefly to your mouth for a hit doesn't normally arouse suspicion. That's my experience anyway.

max,
With all of the above being said, i think it's best for my situation. Stays loud for a few seconds, doesn't look anything like a device used for smoking, refills fast and is ultra portable.

qazqwerty1029,

Donkey

qazqwerty1029 said:
With all of the above being said, i think it's best for my situation. Stays loud for a few seconds, doesn't look anything like a device used for smoking, refills fast and is ultra portable.

Can you take a video of you hitting it? Like a full bowl? :D

Donkey,
Donkey said:
qazqwerty1029 said:

Can you take a video of you hitting it? Like a full bowl? :D

Sorry :/ have no video camera lol

The capacity of the bowl is half a gram, i put around a tenth of that in, so .05g. But i do get some visible vapor after the third or fourth cycle, even with such little amounts. I wouldn't be surprised if the vapor was thick with a full bowl packing.

qazqwerty1029,

Blood420

max said:
I've used the LB in a movie theater, sitting between two friends who know I own one, and neither noticed me taking multiple hits.

Haha I did the same thing in a bar the other day while sitting opposite two of my friends, who also know I own one and seen me using it an hour previously! I had my two elbows on the table and cupped my hands around the box, hit it native so it just looked like I was resting my head against my fists, deep in thought haha!

I did it 3 times and they didn't realise, even though they were talking to me at the time. They were pretty surprised a few minutes later when I opened my hand!

Blood420,
Top Bottom