Discontinued The Venus Apollo

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I start hitting 1-2 secs after pushing boost (and first vibration), sometimes immediately but slow

Like your scientific approach and mental to support intensive testing, I did only one bowl and I am good few hrs long and still lasting now :) (it was full though) 40secs and 6power level but not one lung buster hit, few small thick puffs and no boost until the end

Are you using heat shielded chamber or the light weighted one?

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Finally managed to get a loaner Apollo to play with, any special requests?? :haw:

Any suggestions where to find some batteries compatible with this vape, none of my 18650s seem to fit this sucker!
Button tops bro:tup: not sure all the specs but flat tops no go.
1. Cap for the top off glass tube like the pax caps.
2. Nice soft case maybe leather from Lancaster? :nod: I’d pay for that quality like the gh leather.
3. A launcher like the lsv stand
4. I’ve been using your mighty adapter for years out the top off the glass with a minivap flexicone through it. Then...always hooked up to bigger tubing then the bubbler so maybe a cap with a silicone hose top for easier hook up?
5. Whatever else you can think of!!!
I love the Apollo 1and 2:rockon:
Edit: please and thanks bro:D

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Button tops bro:tup: not sure all the specs but flat tops no go.
1. Cap for the top off glass tube like the pax caps.
2. Nice soft case maybe leather from Lancaster? :nod: I’d pay for that quality like the gh leather.
3. A launcher like the lsv stand
4. I’ve been using your mighty adapter for years out the top off the glass with a minivap flexicone through it. Then...always hooked up to bigger tubing then the bubbler so maybe a cap with a silicone hose top for easier hook up?
5. Whatever else you can think of!!!
I love the Apollo 1and 2:rockon:
Edit: please and thanks bro:D
And if you’re feeling fancy... a hot cruicible grabber outer thingy :ko:

Sonicboom1991

Finally managed to get a loaner Apollo to play with, any special requests?? :haw:

Any suggestions where to find some batteries compatible with this vape, none of my 18650s seem to fit this sucker!

Awesome! Your in the us? Unfortunately I have been unsuccessful finding a good source in the us for batteries. But I could not have made a better list than @ShayWhiteGrow already did, Right down to the leather case idea. Hope you have fun with your loaner vape :) I love my apollo 2, it's been my daily since I got it.

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

I addiction to what already listed i woul like to add a tool to handle glass bulb: replacement seems a rare occasion but will happen and bulb is difficult to access and fragile

Edit 18650 button top 25A IIRC

Andreaerdna

hhxgv9P_d.jpg

This is how I use it V2@50W (light is because of empty chamber, but even loaded, without the cooling unit some light still pass by and in a complete dark place it is relaxing to look at)

No cooling unit still (great performances when stealth is a must but still too much job to keep clean IME)

Also the chamber is for showing pourpose, or for when I want to sip as I forgot to mention it. @stickstones to use it in a temp stepping session style try to keep your preheat time, only change chamber (light weight/heat shielded) it adapts quite well (relying on same IR radiation this seems logic)

This is the hybrid vape at his best for me and it likes a lot chewy grind on demand way of feeding

Have a nice day of the “Lordi” another kind of finnish style :)

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Just ran my first temp probe test on this one and it's pretty interesting.

Temp setting 4, 45 second preheat got the system to about 290F and then dropped to 250F about 15 secondslater , at which point I started my first draw. First slow draw shot up to over 450 (reading could be a little off...my abv didn't combust), second medium draw got to 400, third fast draw got to 370...so a faster draw speed seems to cool the system and not register as hot.

Temps drop quickly after the hit. Hits will level off at the top of the curve if you hit long enough, so there is temp stabilization going on. A ten second max boost got the system back up to a little over 300 and my next draw shot way up again. After that all draws stabilized to a consistent max temp.

At this point I dropped the temp down one step at a time from 6 to 3 and noticed about a 15F degree drop in max temp each time, so it looks like each step moves the temp 15F.

I then did a stupid long boost of about about 40 seconds and barely hit it to see the temp spike way up to combustion zone.

This was done with abv, and my temps usually register a little hot with abv. I'll do a real world herb test alter to see where the temps land.

EDIT: A hard pull can drop the temp by as much as 50F compared to a slow pull.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Just ran my first temp probe test on this one and it's pretty interesting.

Temp setting 4, 45 second preheat got the system to about 290F and then dropped to 250F about 15 secondslater , at which point I started my first draw. First slow draw shot up to over 450 (reading could be a little off...my abv didn't combust), second medium draw got to 400, third fast draw got to 370...so a faster draw speed seems to cool the system and not register as hot.

Temps drop quickly after the hit. Hits will level off at the top of the curve if you hit long enough, so there is temp stabilization going on. A ten second max boost got the system back up to a little over 300 and my next draw shot way up again. After that all draws stabilized to a consistent max temp.

At this point I dropped the temp down one step at a time from 6 to 3 and noticed about a 15F degree drop in max temp each time, so it looks like each step moves the temp 15F.

I then did a stupid long boost of about about 40 seconds and barely hit it to see the temp spike way up to combustion zone.

This was done with abv, and my temps usually register a little hot with abv. I'll do a real world herb test alter to see where the temps land.

EDIT: A hard pull can drop the temp by as much as 50F compared to a slow pull.
Turn off herb sense then do that test

Last week I call Ville and I asked what is Herb Sense and how it work?
"If user don`t press boost button Apollo progressively calculates the power level so that bowl content does not heat up unnecessarily or light up".
The power returns when boost button is pressed.

If Herb Sense is disabled, it will disappear automatical of Apollo. it will become like the older generation device :D

Please stickstones measure it again when the herb sense is off.

villekille2

Manufacturer
My experience is that it's very difficult get meaninful readings from Apollo with a measuring probe . You wrote about the temperature decreasing when taking a longer hit. That is why there is the boost to be pressed when more energy is needed. And to make the measurement more complex is the effect of different materials receiving and absorbing the heat and light radiation not similarly. When you boost the herb and especially trichomes absorb this energy very well and a measuring probe much less as it just sees the cooling effect of a flowing air. That's what makes measuring things a bit different than a regular convection vape or a conduction one. Also the place of contact for the probe affects so greatly the result that i just gave up measuring any thing and just concentrated on the actual vaporization Results.

Zementos

So I missed the FW4 eu sale from classifieds and am still frustrated enough to justify to myself getting something new... I mean I saved 135€ not getting the fw4, right?!:nod:
Anyway I have been looking at the Apollo for a minute, but originally wanted to wait till v2 is released. I need something to be abled to fully extract about .1 in 1-2 hits (dry) like @stickstones said should be possible(not sure about the dry part though..). So basically like my VC without the torch. What would be the best setup for that? (w/wo CU , shielded/standard bowl) Or maybe a different vape for that?(pm if too off topic)

villekille2

Manufacturer
So I missed the FW4 eu sale from classifieds and am still frustrated enough to justify to myself getting something new... I mean I saved 135€ not getting the fw4, right?!:nod:
Anyway I have been looking at the Apollo for a minute, but originally wanted to wait till v2 is released. I need something to be abled to fully extract about .1 in 1-2 hits (dry) like @stickstones said should be possible(not sure about the dry part though..). So basically like my VC without the torch. What would be the best setup for that? (w/wo CU , shielded/standard bowl) Or maybe a different vape for that?(pm if too off topic)

Yes I think Apollo is the best option out there for quick extraction, it hits really hard when it's used in the following setup:
Apollo v2 50W version (actually the wattage only affects the heat up time, after it's warm, you'll get the same effect. )
High performance herb chamber + cooling unit accessory.

This way all you have to do is load the chamber, let it heat up and you should get 90% extraction with 2 hits, from micro doses to full chamber which is about 2.5 cc.

Sonicboom1991

I use my apollo 2 during the day for pretty much that exact usage (a little more at night at a little higher temp) . I use the light weight bowl with the cooling unit/chamber cap, and leave the bowl in for the entire heat up, and use temp 4-6 during the day and 7 for night+boost with herb sense on. Keeping the bowl out till after the heat up I can get more of a session with some really nice flavor. I can't really attest to using the session bowl though as I have only used it twice. the light weight bowl just works so well for me I never felt a need to really use the session one, Seemed to work very well for those two sessions though.

Zementos

Thanks guys. That was quick.

Yes I think Apollo is the best option out there for quick extraction, it hits really hard when it's used in the following setup:
Apollo v2 50W version (actually the wattage only affects the heat up time, after it's warm, you'll get the same effect. )
High performance herb chamber + cooling unit accessory.

This way all you have to do is load the chamber, let it heat up and you should get 90% extraction with 2 hits, from micro doses to full chamber which is about 2.5 cc.

Sounds great. Is the Apollo sold on your website already the v2? Just need to add the CU/tube/chamber combo for my purpose and I'd be good to go? Can I use any 25/50w halogen bulb if mine brakes?

I use my apollo 2 during the day for pretty much that exact usage (a little more at night at a little higher temp) . I use the light weight bowl with the cooling unit/chamber cap, and leave the bowl in for the entire heat up, and use temp 4-6 during the day and 7 for night+boost with herb sense on. Keeping the bowl out till after the heat up I can get more of a session with some really nice flavor. I can't really attest to using the session bowl though as I have only used it twice. the light weight bowl just works so well for me I never felt a need to really use the session one, Seemed to work very well for those two sessions though.

Nice, thats what I wanted to hear. The session bowl is included if I'm correct? Like you, I probably wont be using it much anyway. I love the tubo and milaana, but due to me beeing really busy at the moment I often reach for my VC just because I can be awesome in just about a minute.

Sonicboom1991

Thanks guys. That was quick.

Sounds great. Is the Apollo sold on your website already the v2? Just need to add the CU/tube/chamber combo for my purpose and I'd be good to go? Can I use any 25/50w halogen bulb if mine brakes?

Nice, thats what I wanted to hear. The session bowl is included if I'm correct? Like you, I probably wont be using it much anyway. I love the tubo and milaana, but due to me beeing really busy at the moment I often reach for my VC just because I can be awesome in just about a minute.

Dubble check with @villekille2 about the package specifics, Looks like he put the apollo 2 on the web sight recently. It's definitely a big hitter with the fastest extraction out of any of my vapes including my desktops, and the cooling unit really dose work wonders. I am super satisfied with my purchase.

Last edited:

villekille2

Manufacturer
Ehh, I checked his website before I asked...somehow didnt see the big 2 nor the v2 in the description. I guess a break would be better suited than a new vape..
I updated it just a moment ago, don't worry, I don't know about your need for a break but at least this change I did myself just 2 hours ago :D

I realized the forum posts about v2 and the names on the site didn't match and caused confusion. So now it is listed as it is, and there is also the option to choose a regular v2 model, or a 50w version, it is equipped with an improved heater element design, not just the bulb, and software optimized for 50W too. Those 50w parts we don't have so much in stock anymore so it is available while stocks last. Of course depending on the popularity, if it makes sense I'll order more parts then.

Top Bottom